This Secret

29 Days Before

 

 

For the third time, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her own reflection and smiled. “How is it?” she spun around, letting the white gown moved together with her.

Daehyun chuckled. “Perfect. You’re always beautiful.” His eyes were stuck on her. Hyera nodded, agreed with him. Lee Yunshi was breath-taking and gorgeous.

 

“Really?” Yunshi shifted her gaze towards Hyera for confirmation and the older gave her a smile.

“It’s beautiful but the most important thing, do you feel comfortable in it?” Hyera asked her. “If you aren’t then, we have to fix it. It’s because you’re buying the gown and you are going to keep it. So, it’s better if you can use it again not only for your coming wedding,” she continued longer.

She bit her bottom lip. “I think, the waist part are too tight.” While talking, she couldn’t control her wild eyes from searching Sunggyu. Her designer. Where is him?

 

“Oh! How could he done such a careless mistake? Waist is the easiest part and the rare mistake would be made there.” The older woman scratched her head in wonder. Her worker wasn’t that careless. “Never mind. Just leave there. Let me fix it-”

Yunshi cut off her words. “Where is my designer?”

Hyera became startled. “He goes somewhere. Haha.” Hyera looked awkward, probably she was telling a lie. But being a naïve Yunshi she was, she accepted her words bluntly without suspecting anything weird.

“Then, I’ll come tomorrow. I want him to fix this gown because he’s the one in charge. I don’t want you to burden yourself.” She patted Hyera’s shoulder softly and walked to the fitting room.

 

It took a few minutes before she turned up again with her normal outfit. She quickly went to get Daehyun who was waiting for her and spontaneously hugged his arm, lovingly. She persuaded Daehyun to enter the boutique at first and he simply obeyed as he refused to create another argument. She leaned her head against his shoulder and her cute behaviour simply made Hyera smiled, seeing them. Yunshi was surely deep in love with Daehyun, was the thing she thought when her eyes landed on the young girl’s face.

 

Happiness was shown all over it. That pretty face.

 

But her smile faded as her eyes moved to Daehyun. It was true she saw the handsome guy smiled. Unfortunately, it didn’t feel sincere. He’s forcing himself. What’s wrong? Hyera gulped as uneasiness came, striking her heart.

 

She was too deep in her thought that she missed Yunshi who bid for goodbye. She only snapped out from her imaginations when their car had sped up, leaving the place. She blinked. Her mind was processing the whole assumption she made until she remembered something, Sunggyu. “Yah, you may come out. They’ve gone.”

 

And the staff room's door squeaking opened.

 

“Thank you, Noona.” Sunggyu walked to the sofa and threw himself on it. “I’m so tired. If I show up, she would talk non-stop. It’ll make me more exhausted,” he continued.

Hyera turned around, facing him. “Did she find out that you aren’t deaf?” The young man nodded and sighed, obviously regretting his act for revealing his true condtion. “And one more thing, Kim Sunggyu.” She narrowed her eyes towards him. “I don’t believe how pathetic you are to make a mistake on the waist part. Huh?”

 

“Did I? I don’t think so.” He got up and sat properly. His head began to furrow, not believing of what he had heard. “Impossible. Did she gain weight?”

“That’s non of your business. Just don’t do it, again. By the way, Yunshi will come back tomorrow. No more excuses. Her day is running off. Please be more considerated.” Hyera rolled her eyes and walked away.

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

“You want me to drop you off at Kyunshi’s place? Then, you should give her a call. She’ll be surprised if you show up, out of blue,” Daehyun said while his eyes were on the road all the time.

Yunshi blew her bang. “You’re just same with my unnie. Call first when going to come.” She imitiated Kyunshi’s way of talking. “I want to surprise her. That’s all. Besides, I miss my niece so much.” She pouted when Miyu crossed her mind.

Daehyun shook his head. “All right, princess.” His answer made Yunshi laughed softly.

 

They kept talking about their coming wedding and stopped as Daehyun’s car parked at the roadside of Kyunshi’s apartment. It was already half past six. The sun began to disappear, slowly.

 

“Be careful on the road, Daehyun.” She unbuckled her seat belt and immediately went out. He watched her figure from the back till she was lost from his sight.

On the other hand, Yunshi was running as fast as her legs could and took the stairs instead of the elevator. She brought a box of doughnuts to be eaten together with Miyu and her sister. Her breathing became uneven and at last she arrived in front of Kyunshi’s apartment.

 

“Eh?” She tilted her head as the door was left unlocked. She smiled, naughtily and entered the house quietly.

She spun around and closed the door behind her silently. She took off her shoes and tiptoed towards the living room but her pace died as she heard a loud voice. A voice of screaming. In anger and pain. It came from Miyu’s room.

 

Yunshi began to think the bad things as she remembered about the unlocked door. Oh, no! She went to Miyu’s room and the door was left apart a little. She was about to opened it fully when her ears caught something.

 

“I saw him!” Miyu shouted with her cracking voice. She was crying too.

Kyunshi’s jaw clenched. “How many time I have to tell you?! Your father had died! Don’t you understand me?!” Her sister was screaming all her heart out which made Yunshi slightly taken aback.

“Omma! I told you, I really saw my appa. I remember him. I remember how he looks like!” The little girl didn’t gave up. “Why would you deny about my-”

 

Slapped.

It stung. It was hard. Too much for a little girl to handle it.

 

And on that moment, Yunshi, who couldn’t hold herself, stormed in. Her presence really made them shocked. “Y-Yunshi…”

“Imo.” The two of them spoke all at once.

 

The box fell down from her grasp. “Why did you slap your little daughter?” 

 

 

Miyu saw her dead father?
Day 11