Guiltiness

29 Days Before

 

 

The car filled with silence that none of them decided to talk. Daehyun was looking at the road as he drove the car. While Yunshi was staring at the clear blue sky, outside the window. They were heading to the boutique Yunshi had mentioned a few days before. At first, Daehyun was so against of her choice to buy a wedding dress at far far away place. But being a soft-hearted guy he was, he gave in. His heart melted instantly as she showered him with a lot of aegyos.

 

He smiled and took a quick glance at her. This girl. How could she forgot…

 

“Daehyun, it’s there!” she shouted, snapping him from his deep thoughts. He regained his senses and darted his look towards the direction where her finger was proudly pointing on.

“O-Okay,” he answered shortly and quickly turned to the left-side.

 

The smile on Yunshi’s face never died. She unbuckled her seat belt and went out from the car as Daehyun done pulling the hand brake. The guy shook his head, amused seeing her childish behaviour.

 

The Paradise Boutique, the words which were written on the big sign, hanging on top of the roof. She looked around and puffed her cheek. “Shall we go in, Daehyun?” she asked, without looking at him. Her eyes were busy studying this small boutique.

In Seoul, boutique, moreover a boutique which sell wedding dresses should be huge, spacious. But the one in front her right now was… small and old. She began to doubt about her friend’s words who said, the boutique was one of the best in designing. She really doubt it.

 

The building looked like a bakery shop. Fighting with her feeling, she made up her mind. She was going inside, no matter what. There was a small bell, beside the half glass and wooden door. She pressed it and less than a minute, a middle-aged woman appeared with a warm smile.

 

“I’m sorry for the lateness. May I help you, young lady?”

Her friendly attitude slightly made Yunshi forgot about her doubtness. “I’m here for a wedding dress.”

The woman nodded her head and her eyes shifted to Daehyun. “For the two of you?”

“Oh, no!” Daehyun quickly denied and forced a smile. “It’s for her.”

 

Yunshi’s eyes widened.

 

“Oh, I see. Well, come in and suit yourself. I’m going to bring some samples of our wedding dresses for this beautiful bride.” She patted Yunshi’s shoulder and walked away, leaving them both.

 

As she had disappeared from their sights, Yunshi turned her body and faced Daehyun. She was mad. Really mad. “What is the meaning of all this? You aren’t going to choose yours too?” her jaw clenched as she waited patiently for him to give her a very acceptable reason or else… fire would be out from both of her nostril.

Daehyun shrugged innocently. “Come on. Look at this shop.” He talked slowly, not wanting the friendly owner to be sliced and broken. “This shop makes me drown in hesitance. I’m not going to buy my tuxedo in here.” He rolled his eyes. “Well, since I have nothing here, I wait for you in the car. This shop is an eyesore.”

 

She was stunned. And he left.

 

For a while, she was lost. What is wrong with this shop? It looks fine. She sighed and pushed the door, revealing the beautiful interior of the shop. Yunshi was aghast. The interior design was indeed simple and that simple, was stunning. Her lips opened apart and she smirked. She turned her head, looking at Daehyun, who already had been in the car. That’s why, do not judge a book by its cover. She mentally mocked him and smiled in satisfaction.

 

She was too amazed with the shop until she didn’t realize a guy was sleeping beside the display rack of the wedding dresses, and she stepped on his hand.

 

“Owww!”

Yunshi gasped and looked down. She blinked for a while as she saw his hand started to bleed. Of course, he would bleed if a high heels were the thing which stab him.

“Omo.” She knelt down and grasped his wrist. “Mianhe. Jeongmal mianhe!” Her eyes began to watery. “Are you okay?”

 

The guy slowly looked up. And their gazes met.

Time, please stop.

 

The small-eyes guy got up, shoving Yunshi’s hand away and headed to a room for the worker. He slammed the door shut harshly, showing how angry he was. And that simply let guiltiness attacked Yunshi. She was still kneeling down, processing the thing that happened just now.

 

“Miss?” someone touched her shoulder. “Gwenchana?” She was concern about Yunshi who suddently became pale.

“Yes. Yes, I’m okay.” She got up and sat on the sofa, discussing about the main point why she was there. But it seemed, something was distracting her.

 

 - - - - - - - 

 

“Yes, everything is clear, Miss Yunshi.” The middle-aged woman, named, Hyera said, nodding her head, understood.

Yunshi pouted. “Aigoo, unnie. Don’t call me Miss. It sounds too formal.” She laughed and soon, the older joined her too. “If that’s all, when should I come here again?”

Hyera tapped her chin and peeked at the room where the hamster-look guy had entered and never showed up again. “I don’t know. Sunggyu isn’t feeling well, I think.”

 

“Who’s Sunggyu?” She asked, wondering it may be the name of the poor guy she had stepped just now.

“Oh, he is one of our designers! We have three designers here. But for you, my pretty girl, I’ll let him handles your wedding dress. But I think, he isn’t feeling well.” She frowned in disappoinment.

 

Maybe, that guy is not the Sunggyu she was saying about. Yunshi waved her hands. “Aigooo! It’s okay. I’ll come here tomorrow? Or maybe the day after tomorrow?”

And Hyera smiled as a substitution of ‘yes’. “Oh, by the way Yunshi! Do you like watching theater?”

Her face lit up. “Yes I do!”

“Well. I know we just know each other today. But, our boutique is making a theatrical. Probably for the unlucky children. But we still have two tickets. Would you like to have one for free?”

 

“May I have both and I'm willing to pay for those unfortunate kids?” Miyu’s face crossed on her mind as she requested for the second ticket. “My niece loves theater as much as I am.”

“Really?! That’ll be great. And may God bless you.”

 

 

The older woman went to the counter and gladly grabbed two tickets of the theater. She handed them politely to Yunshi and the young girl thanked her. Bidding goodbyes to each other, they began to part away. Hyera did her work, Yunshi went back to Daehyun who was waiting for her in the car.

 

“Noona.”

Hyera jumped in surprised. She gritted her teeth. “YAH, KIM SUNGGYU! Do you want me to die?!” He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. But then, Hyera spotted a white bandage around her worker’s hand. “Sunggyu-yah, what happened to your hand?”

 

Sunggyu looked at her and pointed towards his injured hand with his brows raised up. “Oh, this? That girl stepped on me.”

 

 

Day 5