The Tree

29 Days Before

 

 

“Everything have been settled up!” Yunshi shouted happily, putting her hands on the air in victory. “Unnie, can you accompany me to go to the boutique?” She made her puppy eyes, pleading her.

Kyunshi laughed and hit her little sister’s head playfully, making her whined. “I need to fetch Miyu from school. Just go there with Daehyun.”

The younger pouted. “But he said, he’s busy. He had done with his tuxedo without even caring to find it with me. The nearer the wedding date, the more distance we both are.” A heavy sigh of disappointment had been let out.

 

Hearing those words, Kyunshi slightly felt a pang on her heart.

 

“Yah. Maybe he’s really busy. Just think something positive.” The older tried to cheer her up.

“Unnie. What if he have an affair?” Her eyes were as round as a saucepan and soon, she smiled playfully.

The older scoffed. “Ridiculous. Then, I’ll kill him. Don’t worry.”

 

Yunshi poked her sister tummy and chuckled. “Jeongmal?” The other woman nodded, reassuring her. “Arasso. Unnie. I am really curious of something. You know, you got married in Canada. And, I haven’t meet Brother Kim. You sure have his photo. Wedding photos. May I have a look at them?”

 

She was startled. “Wedding photos? I do have. But I left it in Canada. Why are you asking me out of blue?”

Yunshi smiled, mischievously. “Then you sure have  his pictures in your phone. Give me your phone!” She quickly got up and snatched her sister's cell phone which was lying down on the table, beside the couch they were sitting on.

“Ani!” Kyunshi fought back.

 

They looked like an immature children fighting for a toy. Probably, for a doll. At the end, of course the older would win. She put her precious cell phone in her… underwear. Nice place.

 

“Unnie-” Yunshi was about to attack her sister, when suddenly her phone rang. She glanced at it and immediately picked the call as Hyera Unnie’s name showed up on the screen.

Her smiled widened. “Jeongmal? Now? Arasso! Take care.” She ended the call. Her sight was then shifted back to Kyunshi. “You’re safe. Just wait until I’ll be back.” She stuck out her tongue, grabbing her purse and began her step to exit her sister’s apartment. She was heading to The Paradise Boutique.

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

She sat on the sofa, comfortably while waiting for her designer to appear. While waiting, they were having a little conversation. And mainly, about her wedding dress. Till on one moment, Hyera mentioned of other things, leading them into a different topic.

 

“So, how was the theatrical? Was it great? Just be honest okay, because it was our first try.” She shrugged innocently.

Yunshi nodded. “Be honest? Really?”

“Y-Yes,” said the older female shortly in nervous, waiting for a comment or maybe, harsh critics.

 

She bit her bottom lip. “Actually, I wasn’t paying attention to the show. I’m sorry!” She apologized and bowed.

Hyera blinked for a few times, before her laughter bursted out. “I know it. I know the story must be boring, that’s why-”

 

“No!” Yunshi cut off, making Hyera becalmed. “It wasn’t boring, I’m being honest right now. It was just…” she lowered her voice and went nearer to the older. “I was too immersed with the tree character. Not the Snow White.” She sighed.

Slowly, a smile crept on her face. “I guess. You may be able to see the tree.” She got up and left her alone. Those words, leaving her in wonder. What did Hyera mean?

 

“Excuse me.”

 

Hearing a voice which came from her back, Yunshi spontaneously spun around and their eyes met.

 

“Oh, Mr. Tree!” she bluntly spoke and covered . “I’m sorry.” She lowered her head but then, she remembered something. His hand. She looked up and saw a white bandage, wrapping his palm. “About your hand, I’m sorry.” And now only she had a chance to apologize nicely and ended up bowing.

 

The guy gazed at her, emotionless. And he left her.

 

Yunshi straightened her body and was about to say something, but he was already gone. “Eh?” A few minutes later, he came back with a small box full of his measuring items and sewing and bla bla bla. Too much to be mentioned. Seeing he was preparing his things for her, she got it. She got everything.

“Are you by any chance, Sunggyu? The one who’s in charge for my wedding dress?” She became bloomy with no reason. If there were a reason, the reason would be, because of him.

 

Sunggyu remained the same, with a look of uninterested shown all over his face. Plus, he wasn’t in a good mood to speak with this girl. This annoying girl. She was loud and cheerful and was the one who hurt his precious pretty hand.

 

Yunshi was blabbering whatsoever things in a friendly way. While Sunggyu pretended to hear her. But soon enough she noticed, he wasn’t hearing her at all.

“Are you by any chance… deaf?” She asked, with a bright smile hanging on her face. Innocently, of course.

 

 

 

Why wasn't Sunggyu talking?
Day 7