Wish Upon A Star

Body Switch!

Wooyoung's place was a studio type flat. Nichkhun looked around observing every detail. He never went to such a place before. Wooyoung collected some clothes from the couch and motioned him to sit. "I am sorry for the mess. Taecyeon unlike his big body acts like five year old."

"It's okay for me." Then he sat on the couch. He wanted to ask him why he acted different each time. But he was scared of his reaction. Wooyoung came back with some food. " Are you hungry? I can share my ramen with you."

Nichkhun tried to reject but his stomach was faster than him. Wooyoung brought him chopsticks. They ate in complete silence. Nichkhun could not take his eyes off his lips again. He really wanted to feel them against his own. Feeling watched Wooyoung lifted his head. "Is there something on my face?"

"No, I was just thinking. What kind of composition will you prepare?"

"Don't know. Meant for someone. What does it mean? That teacher annoys me too much."

"I think we should write lyrics first."

 

_______________________________

 

Both boys sat in silence as they tried to crack their heads for ideas. The silence soon turned into awkwardness and Wooyoung broke it by saying, "This isn't working. You want to watch a movie?"

 

Nichkhun simply nodded and put his paper and pencil one side. Wooyoung turned his laptop on and selected a movie from his collection in a folder. "I love action flicks." He said absentmindedly.

 

"Love it too. What do you have?"

 

"Come here and see."

 

Nichkhun scooted closer next to Wooyoung and looked down at the screen. His eyes were focused on the various names in the folder, but his heart was pounding again. They were so close that Nichkhun could smell the perspiration on Wooyoung's neck. His hair was still so luscious. And it smelled like good shampoo. The black haired boy was too busy scrolling through his collection to notice though.

 

And then, Wooyoung had to go and his lips. Nichkhun's breath was caught in his throat. Unable to control himself any longer, he pulled the black-haired boy's face closer to his, much to the other's shock, and brushed his lips against the other's softly. Wooyoung's eyes widened. The gentleness urged him to kiss back. The feeling was so good, he couldn't even pull back. Nichkhun didn't think too much of what Wooyoung might have in mind. He leaned forward a little and pushed the other boy back. He deepened the kiss, hoping....WISHING that Wooyoung wouldn't push him away.

 

And then Wooyoung kissed him back. His happiness soared through the sky, and from the corner of his eyes, he glanced out the window in time to see a falling star. The star had just granted his second wish that night.

 

____________________________

 

The boys spent a few hours talking about themselves after that. Nichkhun grew to know more about Wooyoung, and vice versa. He found out that the black-haired boy was a school champion in dance competitions. He was also quite academic, easily able to score good results in his exams. After two years, the school had decided to award him with a scholarship for further studies. That was when JYP High found out about him. With a little coax of promising an instant stardom after high school, Wooyoung switched schools and was now the leading dance star in their school. Nichkhun told him about Nichan, how he wanted to be image of his brother, not a failed reflection. Wooyoung simply patted him on the head and said, "Khun, I think you being who you are is unique enough."

 

The smile on Wooyoung's face at the time was so radiant that Nichkhun found himself smiling back. "Thank you."

 

After four hours of endless conversation and jokes, Nichkhun got up and said it was time to leave. They were expecting Taecyeon to be back soon, and he didn't want to be the odd person out. Just as he was about to leave, the doorknob jangled and sure enough, Taecyeon came in seconds later. He was surprised to see Nichkhun standing in front of him. But the smile on his face after that was a pleasant one.

 

"Hey man! Khun right? What happened to you yesterday? You didn't turn up." Nichkhun raised an eyebrow, puzzled. He turned to Wooyoung, who was just standing at the side, pretending as if he had nothing to do about yesterday.

 

"I'm good. I was just a little....tired. So I had to rush home. Sorry I didn't inform you myself." Did Wooyoung lie to him?

 

"No probs. Anyway, hang around for a while. I want to ask you something about your brother. You don't mind?" Taecyeon was smiling like a kid, and it amused Nichkhun.

 

He glanced over at Wooyoung and saw the frown on the boy's face. Decided that it wouldn't do any harm to talk to Taecyeon, Nichkhun finally agreed. Wooyoung's phone suddenly rang, and he quickly excused himself out to the balcony. Nichkhun wanted to know who was calling, but Taecyeon kept him busy.

 

"Have you talked to your bro lately?" The big guy asked enthusiastically. They were leaning back against the couch, and Nichkhun had his head turned towards Wooyoung. The boy seemed to be scolding somebody, with his face scrunched up in an angry expression.

 

"Yeah." He absentmindedly replied to Taecyeon's question. The big guy noticed who Nichkhun was looking at. It made him smile sheepishly.

 

"Are you interested in Udong?"

 

This caught Nichkhun's attention. "Who?" He asked, looking at Taecyeon.

 

Taecyeon nodded his head to point to Wooyoung. "Udong. We call him that." He chuckled. "He didn't like it at first but later on got used to it."

 

"It's cute. But anyways, what made you ask me that?"

 

"You were looking at him, duh..."

 

Taecyeon's bold remark made Nichkhun laugh. "Yeah, I guess you could say that. There's something about him...I can't quite put my mind to it."

 

"Let me see.....his easygoing character? Be warned though, Udong can be a little too jealous sometimes. He gets jealous too easily. Always wants everything for himself."

 

"I noticed." Nichkhun stated bluntly. "He told me you guys didn't actually want me to join you guys yesterday."

 

"He told you that?" Taec's eyes widened. "I'm sorry he acted that way. He always had a soft spot for me. We've been friends for years."

 

"I see....does he have a girlfriend?"

 

"Yeah...sort of, but Wooyoung occasionally flings around. Not that there's anything wrong with his girlfriend. They've been together for years, but I guess he's just bored of the same thing everyday. I kinda feel bad for her. I do like her a little."

 

"Then why is he still with her?"

 

"Childhood friends, or so I heard. He kinda treats her like a sister, rather than a girlfriend."

 

"I see...." Nichkhun sort of felt sorry for the girl too, but he was more sorry of himself. He wondered if the kiss earlier had just been another fling to fill up Wooyoung's boredom. The thought saddened him. He got up and thanked Taecyeon, saying that he had to leave because there's school tomorrow. Taecyeon offered to send him back to his room, but he denied the company. "My dorm is in the second block. It's already late. I'll be careful."

 

"You better. Anyway, next time when I ask you to join us, no matter what Wooyoung says, you're coming along, even if I have to drag you by the collar." Nichkhun laughed at this comment. "I'll keep that in mind." They bid their farewells and Nichkhun left, without saying goodbye to Wooyoung. Then again, he was too busy talking on the phone to notice that Nichkhun had left.

 

_____________________________

 

When Nichkhun finally arrived in his room, he checked the clock on the wall and discovered it was already midnight. Great. Forget about shower and proper dinners. He was too tired to care. After he washed his face and put on his jammies, he laid down on his bed and reminisced about the day. In only three days since he started school, a lot of things had happened already.

 

Friends, music, popularity, and first love....wow. There would still be another three years before he graduate. He wondered what God will have installed for him. He turned to his side and looked out the window. The same stars were in the sky. It was so quiet in his dorm that he could hear the crickets singing outside. Loneliness set in slowly. He wondered how his family was doing. His parents...sisters....even his brother....

 

And then he wondered about Wooyoung....

 

Another falling star that night caught his attention. So far he didn't want to believe that his wishes had come through. But when he saw the star, he suddenly wanted his last wish to come true. How nice would it be if he knows how Wooyoung lives his life? Then maybe....just maybe....he could make that boy fall madly in love with him.

 

He made his wish. "I wish I know how his life is...." And then he fell asleep.

 

 


 

Jeng jeng jeng~ DesireKY, let's begin on the transformation! Hohohoh.