The Dancer and The Dork

Body Switch!

They would meet up everyday after school in an empty dance studio. Wooyoung would teach the other boy how to dance, and Nichkhun would help Wooyoung with his studies. On certain days, this would cause the black-haired boy to get so frusrated with Nichkhun for choosing ridiculous subjects. But nevertheless, with exams only two months away, Rain's arrival in a month's time and a mini-concert in a few days time, both boys were pushed to the edge. Nichkhun especially. Not used to Wooyoung's light weight, he found himself underestimating the smaller body. Wooyoung's arms were strong and his muscles were generally more flexible than his, but he couldn't quite control how the body moves. There was a time when his old high school had  asked him to participate in a dance,  and no matter how hard he practiced, he never seemed to get the steps right. Wooyoung, however, made it look like his body had been programmed to dance. The boy could probably also dance with an XL-sized body. That's a true dancer over there.

 

"You're a little stiff on the joints, Khun. But otherwise, you would have been just as good as me." Wooyoung said, after three hours of practice. "You need to strengthen your arms a little more because you're tall, so your weight is bigger."

 

"Yeah, I know that. But I never intended to dance in my life. Well, until now. You'll probably feel sore later on, because I don't usually exercise for more than an hour a day." Nichkhun warned the boy. They were taking a break, relishing themselves with some snacks Nichkhun had bought from the cafeteria. He couldn't understand why the cafeteria lady was so shocked in seeing him, but he guessed Wooyoung must have had a history with the lady. He didn't say anything to the boy though.

 

"Khun, can I ask you something?" Wooyoung popped another chip into his mouth. Barbeque. His favourite. The other boy nodded his head and Wooyoung continued, "Do you think we can switch back? Or wil we be stuck like this forever?" A few nights ago, Wooyoung and NIchkhun had stayed beside the window in Nickhun's dorm, waiting for a fallen star to happen. It didn't happen, but they still made a wish by the of midnight. The wish didn't come true of course. Wooyoung made it a point after that to always remind Nichkhun to make a wish every night. So far, for the last ten days, nothing have changed. 

 

No one found out about it yet of course, but Nichkhun figured that since they would be stuck like this for a while, someone ought to know who is who. The first  person in his mind was Taec. But the big guy was too dense to take the hint they kept dropping at him. Someone had to tell him outright. But for some reason, Wooyoung said nothing. That was odd. Is he expecting me to tell Taec?

 

Wooyoung was still waiting for a reply. Khun thought about it and finally said, "I don't know,  Woo. But since we'll be stuck like this for a while, we might as well make a good use of it."

 

"What do you mean?" Wooyoung narrowed his eyes. "What are you planning to do with my body?"

 

"I...." Nichkhun was interrupted when a sudden knock on the door distracted their attention. They turned to see who it was. A girl was leaning against the door frame with a large frown on her face. "Here you are, Youngie. I've looked everywhere for you." She approached Wooyoung. "How dare you kiss me and just left me there in the middle of the mall like that?" She shouted at Nichkhun. 

 

She doesn't know we switched bodies.

 

Nichkhun glanced over at Wooyoung, and goddamnit, that guy had a smirk on his face. Not sure what to say to this girl, Nichkhun cleared his throat and tried to think of something witty. The words never came. "So now you're not even gonna say anything?! God, you're such a....you BASTARD! I don't even know why I liked you in the first place. Wait, that was a lie. I guess there are perks of being famous in school. But anyway, don't leave me like that anymore. Or at least, call me." She pouted angrily. When she looked away from him, her eyes landed on Wooyoung. For a while she gazed at Wooyoung as if she wanted to devour him, rip him apart flesh by flesh. Such intensity in those eyes!

 

"Hi..." The girl said shyly, completely ignoring Nichkhun now. "I'm Victoria Song." And then she kneeled down to face him. "And you must be...."

 

Wooyoung grinned at her and then said, "I'm Nichkhun Horjevkul. But you can call me Khun. Nice to meet you, Ms. Song." That BASTARD!

 

Nichkhun was screaming inside. How dare he! "Nice to meet you too." She said, with a flirtatious tone in her voice.    

 

____________________________

 

That night, in Wooyoung's dorm, Nichkhun made sure the other boy did twice as much work as he usually does, remembering chemical compounds, the difference between Boyle's Principle and Pascal's Principle, logarithm and all that smart people study about. Taecyeon sat on Wooyoung's bed as they studied, and once a while he would get really shocked at Nichkhun's (Wooyoung's body) sudden explosion of rage.

 

"NO NO NO! That's inertia, dimwit." Nichkhun scolded him. "And don't mix Addmath formulas into your Science subjects. That's just....how would it be even remotely possible?"

 

Taecyeon jaw-dropped at the scene before him. Wooyoung was shouting at Nichkhun, supposedly the smarter boy, about Addmath. Really, how could it get any better than this? Wooyoung, however, looked demotivated. He was resting his head on one palm while his other hand wrote endlessly. For two hours, they studied together, and then Wooyoung decided he had enough. He slammed the pencil down, stood up and grabbed Nichkhun's collar, surprising the other.

 

"Stop yelling at me, bastard! This is one reason why I don't do dorky subjects." He let go of the collar and saw the other inhaled sharply.

 

"What the heck?!"

 

"What's your problem, huh? Why are you being like this all of the sudden?"

 

"Well, if you didn't mess around just now, I wouldn't be so rude, wouldn't I? How dare you use my body for your own advantage?!" Nichkhun replied angrily. They had completely forgotten about the big guy on Wooyoung's bed. He stared at them with his mouth open.

 

"What? Victoria? You're mad of me because of her? She's harmless. Anyway, it's just a little game." Wooyoung muttered, "I'm sure she'll ignore you if you ignore her."

 

"THAT'S THE THING! I'm not like you! I don't PLAY women. Heck, I don't even have a girlfriend, and....for your information, you playing with Ji Eun's feelings is not even cool. She's a sweet girl. I'm feeling sorry for her already just by talking to you. God, Victoria was right, you're a bastard."

 

"HEY, don't bring Ji Eun into this. It's my life, whatever I choose to do with that girl. Anyway, if you remember correctly, YOU are the one who said that we need to make good use of our bodies.And honestly saying, Khun, your body . You're good looking and fit, but no one wants you." The words stung Nichkhun. He gritted his teeth and approached Wooyoung slowly, until their faces were so close they could hear each other's breathing. 

 

"When I said make good use of it, I didn't imply for you to use it to woo women! In fact, the thought never once crossed my mind. You're a dancer, right, Woo? Use that damn thing to dance or something!"

 

"Nu-uh! It's too stiff. Anyway, who gives you the right to decide what I can do with this body? You're the one who made the ing wish! I hope you're happy now. I'm miserable and so are you. If you hate me using your body so much, then change us back, damnit!"

 

"I don't know how, DUMMY!"

 

"Oh GOD! I hate you!"

 

"Uh....guys?"

 

"WHAT?!" Both of them turned to Taecyeon. Their eyes widened when they finally realized he was staring at them with a shocked look on his face."W-what's going on? Is.....Wooyoung in Nichkhun's body and Nichkhun's...in Wooyoung's body?"

 

Wooyoung mouthed a silent, "," and Nichkhun heard it.

 

_________________________________