One Step at a Time

Body Switch!

"What do you mean 'swtiched bodies'?" Taecyeon asked again, when no one said anything.

 

Wooyoung (Nichkhun's body) was the first to move. He sat on the bed in front of Taecyeon, heaved a deep sigh and said, "Well, whatever you heard was true. It's me, Wooyoung. If you think it's absurd, don't let me remind you of all that embarrasing times you did something stupid."

 

Taecyeon raised an eyebrow. "What embarrasing times?"

 

"Remember that one day when we were in Bucheon four years back, and you kissed that old lady under this one hawker stall...?"

 

"WAIT!!!!!! Stop, stop, I believe you! Don't remind me!" Taecyeon took a pillow and covered his face, groaning into it. He heard Nichkhun (Wooyoung's body) asked, "Is that the most embarrasing memory?"

 

"Nope." Wooyoung said. "That's like 1% compared to the most embarrasing things Taec had done."

 

Both of them laughed heartily, much to Taec's embarrassment. "GUYS! How the hell did this happen?"

 

"This idiot behind me made a wish, and when we woke up, I was him and he was me." Wooyoung said, pointing to his own body. Nichkhun cleared his throat and placed his hands in his hoodie's pockets.

 

"How long had you guys been this way?"

 

"This Sunday would be the third week precisely." Nichkhun replied. "And I'm freaking out! I've got to practice dance moves that Youngie took years to learn."

 

"Yeah, but I bet you're happy that you don't have to do some stupid exam about trigonometor and all that ."

 

"Trigonometry." Nichkhun corrected him.

 

"Please don't fight." Taecyeon reminded them. "I'm sure you can guys will switch back anytime soon. Anyway, Khun, you must be really happy that you're in Udong's body. Weren't you in love with him?"

 

There. He said it. He ACTUALLY said it. That was the only secret Khun trusted him to keep, and he SAID it without even realizing that he had just confessed for Khun. Wooyoung's eyes widened in shock. He gaped at Taecyeon, hoping that it wasn't what it was supposed to mean. And then he gaped at Nichkhun. The blush on that boy's face literally admitted it all. Still gaping at the both of them, he kept silent as Nichkhun jumped onto the bed, grabbed a pillow and started hitting Taeyceon.

 

Taecyeon was yelling under the heaps of pillows Nichkhun had stacked on him. "SORRY!!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!"

 

"YAH!!! That was a secret, you big dummy!"

 

"I FORGOTTTTT~"

 

"OMYGOD, you'll be the death of me someday!"

 

Taecyeon managed to worm his way out from under the heap and jumped onto the next bed. Nichkhun chased him, tripping over his own foot along the way and landed on the big guy. Taecyeon let out a scream but laughed suddenly when Nichkhun's elbow pressed against his sides. Seeing this as an opportunity, Nichkhun tickled him some more.

 

"Yah! Stop! STOP!" Taecyeon said, rolling about on the bed. By the time they were tired from all this rolling and thrashing about, they laid down on their backs and started to laugh. Wooyoung stared at them, dumbfounded. He got out from the bed, saw the space between Taecyeon and Nichkhun and placed himself there.

 

All three guys looked up at the white-washed ceiling above. And then Wooyoung asked, "Is this true, Khun?"

 

"Yes."

 

"It's been three weeks....and you didn't say anything?"

 

"I wanted to know you well first." The answer was an honest one. He was planning to tell Wooyoung one day, but Taecyeon had just spoiled his whole plan. A thought tugged at him though, and he knew he had to ask it. "I've been wondering....were you ever in love with Ji Eun?"

 

"She...like I said, she's like my sister. I just can't bring myself to tell her that. I don't want to see her hurt.I love her enough to care and protect her like how I would for a sibling."

 

"I see....and Victoria? Do you have any feelings at all for her?"

 

Wooyoung closed his eyes and said, "No...she's just a toy for me to gain more popularity. She's the school's darling in ballet and she's smart, usually around the top ten rank of students. I'm more into contemporary dance but nowadays, anyone can dance like me. So it's a bit difficult for me to get known."

 

"Ji Eun didn't mind about that?"

 

"She doesn't know what I've been doing. She's always at home, studying. I know, I'm a bastard."

 

"You can change." Nichkhun turned to his side and stared at his body lying next to him. "But would you want to?"

 

"I'll try. One step at a time." Wooyoung sighed. "I've done a lot of bad things, haven't I, Taec?"

 

There was no reply from the big guy. Wooyoung and Nichkhun got up on their elbows and looked over at Taec. "BLOODY GUY FELL ASLEEP!" Wooyoung rolled his eyes, and laid back down on the bed. Nichkhun burst out laughing.

 

"Well, anyway, I've done a lot of stuff I regretted. But lies kept coming out one at a time. And by the time I wanted to undo it. it was already too late." Wooyoung continued. Nichkhun stared down at his body and wondered if Wooyoung would ever fall in love with him too. He thought about asking the boy. One step at a time, huh? It was a start, at least. He leaned down and brushed his lips softly against the other's lips.

 

Wooyoung stared up at him in surprise.

 

"Since I look so good, I couldn't resist." 

 

"You narcist bastard." Wooyoung laughed. He pulled his own body down by the collar and gave a peck on the cheek. "I do love my cheeks." They shared giggles right then, while Taecyeon was comfortably asleep beside them.

 

"Will you ever love me?" Nichkhun asked.

 

"Maybe. One step at a time."

 

____________________________