Mess with Me, Pay the Fee

Body Switch!

Nickhun was now in the car, on his way back to the dorm. It was well past the engagement party, but nothing actually happened. The whole event collapsed because Victoria didn't want it anymore. Both her parents and his parents couldn't figure out why Wooyoung's sudden entrance surprised her. But Nickhun had a feeling there was something more involved than just Wooyoung.

 

Flashback

 

Wooyoung had known about the secret flings Victoria was having with Changmin and Kyuhyun. They were two of the school's best students, one majoring in singing and the other in sports. He knew that Victoria would not be able to resist such potential. Of course, being famous also had more perks than just attracting wannabees and girls. Victoria was just too blind to notice the sort of bond Wooyoung had shared with these two guys and a few more other established students. They made a secret society within the system of the school, and only those privileged way above the average rank would know about it. 

 

He called them up one morning and told them about an engagement party of a friend. Since it wasn't a school day, the boys agreed.

 

"It's been a while since we performed anything." Kyuhyun said. "Who is this friend?"

 

"A very close friend of mine. His family planned an engagement for him, so I want to make it extra special." Wooyoung answered, with a smirk.

 

They used to be a band. Wooyoung and Minjun were the founders, Junho and Chansung joined soon after, and then Kyuhyun and Changmin were discovered. Taec only joined in whenever the songs they wanted to perform had rapping parts. Otherwise, he was their manager, checking out bars and clubs for any empty slots. All of them took turns to be vocalists, depending on the genre of the song. Wooyoung did mostly soft ballads. Minjun's deep voice suited techno songs better. Kyuhyun could do ballads and pop. Changmin was more into rock because of his pitch. Chansung and Junho would collaborate together. One would rap and the other would sing.

 

The plan was simple. Crash the party. No one would see it coming and Wooyoung could finally quash the spoiled brat under his feet.

 

That day, the theme was rock. Changmin would be the main vocalist. Kyuhyun was in charge of the keyboard. Wooyoung took the bass and Minjun had the guitar. Since there were no drums, they had to compromise with the situation. When Wooyoung opened the double doors that led to the main ballroom, he was not intimidated for a second at the sight of the guests all dressed up formally. The boys behind him were feeling a little uneasy though.

 

"Hey Udong, are you sure about this?" Minjun whispered into his ears, as all eyes turned to their direction.

 

"I'm sure." Wooyoung muttered back. He approached the stage and grabbed the microphone away from Mr. Song, who only stared in shock. Nichkhun and Victoria were also equally shocked, but her eyes were on Changmin and Kyuhyun. Nichkhun's eyes were completely focused on Wooyoung.

 

"I am very sorry for the commotion. But we are very close friends of the couple and want to wish them happiness. I am Jang Wooyoung and this is Kim Minjun. And our pianist and vocalist are Victoria's friends.... " Wooyoung stated, looking at the crowd. Whispers escaped amongst the crowd as Wooyoung talked, confused at the sudden interruption. They thought it was planned.

 

Nichkhun couldn't say anything to stop his boyfriend. As much as he wanted to reach out his hands and grab the younger boy into his arms, he had to keep a professional distance between them for the sake of Wooyoung. The last thing he wanted was to embarrass his lover. Before Wooyoung could finish his speech though, Victoria suddenly fainted.

 

Kyuhyun and Changmin quickly rushed to her side, instantly realizing they were both concerned about her. "Wae....do you know her?" Kyuhyun asked, staring at Changmin with a confused look on his face. The other stared back, also puzzled. "Do you know her?" He asked back. Before they could answer each other's questions, two men in tuxedos started dragging them off stage.

 

Mr. Song was trying his best to wake his daughter up. He called for more guards and told them to take the boys away. Mrs Song rushed to the stage, clearly worried about her daughter. As for Nichkhun, he needed to talk to Wooyoung before the guards take his lover away. Unfortunately, his parents suddenly rushed towards his side and pulled him towards Victoria. Nichkhun watched the guards dragged Wooyoung away, and moments later, the younger boy was lost again.

 

As soon as they were out of sight, the whispers in the crowd became louder. Some approached the stage to take a better look at Victoria. One of her cousins brought a pitcher of water over and her mum sprinkled a few drops on her face. "Song Qian, wake up." Her mother called out in Chinese. Victoria slowly opened her eyes, and found familiar faces all around her. 

 

"Mum...." She muttered weakly. Her dad helped her to sit up.


"What's wrong, baby girl? Are you feeling unwell?" Mr Song asked.

 

"Dad....I don't think I want to get engaged anymore." She said numbly. This came as a shock to her parents. And also to Nichkhun's parents. But NIchkhun was secretly happy about it.

 

He stood up and faced the crowd. They were still muttering in hushed tones, and some of the louder ladies made it obvious they were gossiping about what happened. Really, these women! He got off the stage and walked out the ballroom.

 

There was no Wooyoung in sight. He wondered if the younger boy was waiting outside the hotel. As he made his way over to the elevator, a waiter suddenly rushed towards him, calling out his name, "Sir! Hold on! Are you Mr. Horvejkul"

 

"Yes. What's the matter?"

 

The waiter handed something over to him. It was an envelope.Nichkhun stucked his hand inside and took out a piece of paper.

 

"A note." He opened it and read, "Meet me at the dorm."