Music and You

Body Switch!

Music class went by smoothly. They played with various instruments that day, and the teacher asked Nichkhun to perform a song for the class, much to the anticipation of the girls. He picked up the guitar and played the one song he loved, 'Let it rain'.

 

It is a soft composition; a ballad. And it suited his deep voice. Girls were swooning around him, trying to sit as close as possible. The guys remained where they sat, but there was tacit acknowledgement to his guitar skills.

 

Close my eyes and let the world go by,

I feel the raindrops in my mind,

And when the time gets hard with no where left to hide,

Just wanna drop down and cry...

 

He looked up and his eyes landed on Wooyoung. That boy....he can't explain this feeling inside him. Those eyes...and that lips....he just wanted to kiss it so badly. Could this be love at first sight? He wasn't sure, but the idea of falling in love with a boy did scare him a little. He had never been anything else but straight, not that there was anything wrong with being gay. The thought just never occurred to him, as girls after girls came into his life and threw him away. His mind wandered back to the last girl he was with. Tiffany. Rich, y, with a hint of mischief in her eyes, and spontaneous. He liked that in a woman. But then she had to go and ruin their perfect relationship with another guy. Great.

 

His hand suddenly stopped plucking the guitar, and for a while his classmates were puzzled about the abrupt halt. Feeling very uncomfortable and nervous at their stares, he shifted in his seat a little and quickly aplogized for his mistake. A few guys in front  were snickering at him, and the girls looked generally disappointed. The teacher said that it was okay, and then proceeded with the class.

 

"Here's an assignment that I want in a month's time. Write a composition each, and then pair up with someone to create the music you want. In a month, we'll make a mini concert in class, and everyone must present a song."

 

A chatter of excitement filled the class. Nichkhun smiled to himself, wondering what he could  write about. He had learnt to compose songs in his old high school, but no one else besides his family knew about it. A student raised her hand and asked the teacher for some tips.

 

The teacher thought about it before saying, "The best composition will be the type that is meant for someone. It makes them want to listen to you, and it makes you happy to sing for them."

 

A number of students nodded their head as the teacher said this. Nichkhun sort of understood what she meant, but it won't be easy. The bell suddenly rang, marking the end of the first class. It was time for chemistry. Just as he was about to leave, Wooyoung stopped him. "Nichkhun right?"

 

Nichkhun felt his heart pounding. "Yeah?"

 

"Can I just call you Khun then? Anyway, it's nice to meet you. A friend of mine mentioned you were coming to this school, him being a fan of your brother." Wooyoung rollled his eyes, which made Nichkhun chuckle. "Anyway, since you're new here, why don't we become partners?"

 

What?

 

"I'm not very good in composing songs. That makes for both of us, right? Or are you secretly a good composer?" Wooyoung smiled. It made Nichkhun all warm and tingly inside. He shook his head.

 

"No, you're a good composer or no, you're not a good composer?"

 

"No, I'm not. Anyway, glad I have a partner now. I've got to run for chemistry class." Nichkhun said, checking his watch. This made Wooyoung raise an eyebrow. "You took the science package?"

 

"I didn't have a choice." Nichkhun lied. He didn't really know what he want actually. All the other packages were full so he simply chose something that students don't usually choose.

 

"Ok, it's your life after all. I've got dance lessons. See you later?"
 

"Yeah." And both went separate ways.

 

_______________________________