Two-Face Wooyoung

Body Switch!

Thanks to extra-curricular activities, Wooyoung and the guys were kept busy until late evening, when the sun had already set and everyone started planning to go out. He excused himself to the toilet before they leave, to wash his face and relieve himself. When he entered, Nichkhun was standing in front of a sink, checking himself out in the mirror. The brown-haired boy was startled to see him.

 

"Wooyoung-ssi?"

 

"Yeah." Wooyoung took the sink at the other end and began drying his face. The dance practice that day was rigorous. He had gotten more sores on his body than what he usually get in a year. After washing his face, he stared at the image on the mirror for a moment. Those eyes looked tired, he thought. He couldn't help but glance at the guy standing not so far from him. Had Nichkhun been staring at him the whole time?

 

"Can I help you with something?" He asked, breaking the awkwardness between them.

 

Nichkhun shook his head and turned back to the mirror. "Nothing. Anyway, shall we get going?"

 

"We?"

 

"Yeah, well....Taecyeon invited me along earlier, remember?"

 

Wooyoung shot a quick glare at him before turning the sink tap off. "I think Taecyeon didn't really mean for you to tag along. He's just being friendly because you were in such a mess earlier. What were you doing in there anyway?" He turned to Nichkhun as he asked this. The brown-haired boy bit his lips and said nothing, which annoyed Wooyoung tremendously.

 

"I guess you got bored in class.You should have considered your subject package. Once you chose it, you can't really change it. But who knows? Maybe the principle would allow it, seeing how successful your brother turned out to be." There was a sharp edgeness in his voice as he said it. Nichkhun did not say anything back. He simply kept his head down.

 

"I should get going. And don't stay back too late. The school closes at 8pm. See you in music class tomorrow."

 

Through the mirror, Nichkhun watched him leave. He was really upset that Wooyoung was shutting him out. He wondered why though. In music class this morning, Wooyoung acted differently. There was a friendly air around him, and people loved his music. Feeling put-out and tired, Nichkhun grabbed his bag and dragged his feet back to his dorm.

 

____________________________

 

Wooyoung joined Taecyeon and the others at the lobby. They asked him if he had seen Nichkhun but he lied and remarked, "He went back. Says he's not feeling well."

 

Taecyeon simply nodded and off they went. Nichkhun watched them leave from the staircase. He saw the way Wooyoung wrapped his arms tightly around Taecyeon's shoulders. And the smile he had on his face as they joked about something. That smile was the same smile he saw this morning. Yet, it was also different. Nichkhun couldn't quite put his mind to it.

 

That night, when Nichkhun was dressed and ready for bed, he grabbed a pillow and stood next to his windowsill. The night sky was glittered with stars, but one particularly large star attracted his attention. He wished he could get as many friends as Wooyoung, and then he closed his eyes. The star granted his first wish that night.

 

_________________________

 

Rumours of Nichan Horjevkul's brother enrolling in JYP High had spread through the whole student body. People started waiting at the lobby and the school entrance for him to arrive. Nichkhun got ready for school as usual. He would get up, have his usual morning cereal and tea, check his books for the day and then briskly walk to school. It was only ten minutes away, around the block.

 

When he got there, he was shocked to see a group of girls running up to him, complimenting him on his looks. Up ahead, more and more students swarmed him. He wondered if his wish actually came through.

 

In class, the atmosphere was just as stuffy. Girls were crowding him around his table. He flashed each of them a quick smile before telling them to get back to their seats. Wooyoung was gawking at him from his table. "Yah, stop crowding him."

 

"Why? Are you jealous, Youngie?" The girls fought back, much to Wooyoung's annoyance. When the teacher finally entered, they quickly returned to their seats.

 

"Good morning class. I see a lot of smiling faces around the school today. What's the occasion?"

 

"We found out who Khun-ssi really is." One of the girls chirped.

 

"I see...well, the teachers already know that a long time ago." She looked over at Nichkhun and told him Nichan was quite famous amongst the teachers. Nichkhun snorted quietly, and only Wooyoung heard that. He looked over at the brown-haired boy and saw the frown on his face.

 

Class commenced as scheduled and by the end of it, Wooyoung stopped him from leaving. "We got to start composing soon. I'm free today, you want to join me?"

 

"Where?" Nichkhun asked, puzzled at the sudden invitation. Isn't he ignoring me?

 

"My place.I'm sharing it with Taec, but he's off to Minjun's today. Said he's going to hang around until late night."

 

Nichkhun decided to agree to the invitation. Both of them went straight to Wooyoung's place after third period that day.