New Life

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

 

A young man entered a small cabin in the middle of an unknown forest. His hair was messed up and the serious look on his face wasn't gone. When he opened the door, his brothers greeted him.

"Where have you been? We were waiting for you last night." One of the brothers said. He has this deep voice that's completely different from his facial features.

"Oh give him a break Chanyeol. He's not a kid anymore." Baekhyun, the nicest but the most flirtatious of them said, defending their youngest brother.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep and..."

"Sehun it's ok. You really don't have to explain." Lay said, patting his brother's back softly.

"Yeah! We got used to it already. You know...we won't be that surprise if you won't even come home for days." One of them said with an average height and he was grinning, making his cheeks puffed.

"Xiumin hyung..." Sehun frowned making the latter throw his hands in the air.

"I was joking."

"Hmm...where are the others?" Sehun asked as his eyes wandered in the small room. 

"Some of them hunt for food and I really don't know what Kai and Kris are up to." Chanyeol explained, shrugging his shoulders. Sehun furrowed his brows. He's just worried that something might happen again that they wouldn't even like.

These past few days, he noticed how Kai always leaves and Kris being so...distant from them. He sighed, placing his hands inside his pockets making his way to his room.

"I'll just have...some more rest."

 

 

 

I'm on my way back to my house while my thoughts drifting me away from reality. I just can't stop thinking about the stranger I met this morning. After he disappeared, a lot of questions invaded my mind. Like, how did he vanish without my notice? Is he a ghost? Maybe he's just an imagination, right? But all of those questions can only be answer by me.

No. He wasn't a ghost or just an imagination. I touched him and he was real. The only thing that I couldn't figure out is his sudden disappearance. Just by remembering him is as creepy as this town. 

"Minhee!" Mrs. Lee approached me and those creepy thoughts that were lingering inside my head fade away. I'm mentally conscious again and in my instincts, I turned my head from where the voice came from.

"Oh...auntie. Is everything alright?" 

Her age is old enough for her to pant, catching her breath even if she just ran a short distance. "Minhee your father has been looking for you."

'Father?'

"Why? Is it that important?" 

"I think he's getting worried again." 

"But it's daylight. No one can harm me..." Well...that I hope. She made a frown on her face, gripping tightly on her scarf. 

"You can't blame your father Minhee..." Oh here it goes again. She just told me about it last night and I really don't want to hear some of it now. "...Eunji's body was found behind the bushes near that forest again."

After hearing my best friend's name my body stiffened. It's like my whole world stops for a moment where my body almost stopped on functioning. I couldn't move a muscle and any time soon, I might choke my breath.

"Eunji...'

"No..." I managed to make a sound after the shock I got from a surprising news. I didn't blink and I felt the cold air gets into my eyes. Soon enough, tears builds up in the corner of my it.

"Minhee I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you this but you need to know." Mrs. Lee said, holding my shoulders trying to take me back to my consciousness. 

I couldn't explain what I feel right now. It's just too much for me. I just found myself crying on Mrs. Lee's shoulder and the tears that my eyes shed are unstoppable. I couldn't control them.

'Not Eunji...she's the only friend I got'

"Why auntie? Why her?!" I retreated myself from her, making a step back. I gritted my teeth and my hands curled into fists. I'm mad. I'm definitely mad about this. She's too young to leave this world.

"Please Minhee. Calm down. We can't do anything about this." Her voice was pleading but I can't help it. I lose another important person of my life and there is nothing I can do to give them justice.

I slowly shook my head, wiping my tears with my arm. "This is just...this is so unfair!" I ran as fast as I could back to our house while crying my heart out. I can't take this anymore. All these murders without any mercy is killing us. If not physically...mentally and emotionally. The door banged open as I barge in in our house. I saw my father arranging all our suitcases. 

"Dad...what's the meaning of this?" I slowly approached him and eyed the luggage that was packed already. He sighed and his eyes look so sad. The next thing I know is he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I'm sorry about your friend." He muttered on my hair. I can't understand. Why is he acting like this?

"Dad..." I paused, pushing his chest and make a space between us. "What's the meaning of all of this?!" I impatiently wanted an answer. Why is he packing our stuffs?

"Minhee I have decided already. We're going to move out from this dangerous town." My father said, holding onto my shoulders.

"What?" I clearly hear him but I don't get why. Why now that my friend needs me...even though she's not here anymore.

"I said we're moving out! We can't live in this dangerous place forever!"

"But why now? Why just now dad? We could've done this before where mom's still alive!"

"I know." He lowered his head, looking away. I bit my lower lip and feel sorry for him. I shouldn't have said that. 

"I know Minhee and that's the biggest mistake I have ever done." He raised his head, looking directly into my eyes. "That's why I don't want to make the same mistake again. I don't want to lose you too Minhee."

I swallowed hard and basically dragged my feet, engulfing my father into a tight hug. "You won't." I muttered softly. I won't leave the person who's special to me. I have to live.

"It scares me. Last night another crime happened and it was Eunji who's the victim this time. I don't want you to be next. You're still young and innocent for not having a chance to live longer."

I didn't protest anymore. I just stayed like that and was left with no choice. Well as a matter of fact, I really wanted to leave this creepy town since my mother died. I don't even get why people could bare to live in this place even though their lives are on the risk.

 

 

"Wow..." I have my mouth agape as I saw the finest city that my eyes have ever seen. Actually it's the only city I've been into. So many tall buildings, cars everywhere and a lot of nice places that must to visit.

'So this is the famous Seoul they're talking about...'

We just arrived and the memories of our town still linger in my head. Good and bad memories. Before we came here, I left Eunji's grave a letter and something that's very important to me. I couldn't bear to see her dead body so I waited until they buried her. 

"Minhee!" I turned my head and my father already halted a cab. "We have to go now!" He called out and I carried my bag with me and followed behind him.

Now that I'm far from that killer town...I just wish our life will be in peace now and that I hope everyone back there in our hometown will realize that they wouldn't survive forever if they won't leave that horrible place.

 

Next morning, I woke up lying on my bed inside my room. My new room. I'm still on the process to get use to this new environment of mine. For the first time of my life, I get to sleep in peace ever since those weird horrible things I experienced. No more howling, no more screaming of someone's in need and no more deadly crimes.

"Finally..." I smiled. I couldn't even remember when the last time I smiled was. Then just like a snap, the image of the stranger I met on a hill pops inside my head. 

'Right...he made me smile...' 

I finally remembered when it was. Without my notice, my smile was getting wider that my cheeks would hurt any time soon if I don't stop myself. 

When he disappeared from my sight, I find it really creepy. It's just impossible to vanish like that so fast. But still, I don't know why but I want to see him again. The urge of me seeing his blank face is something that I don't want to miss. It's just beautiful.

Slap!

Oh dear...I just slapped myself. I close my eyes shut, pulling my hair out. 'Aish Minhee...what are you thinking?!'

"I shouldn't fantasize over a stranger right?" I mumbled then I just found myself flinching when the door of my room creaked as it opens.

"Sorry. Did I scare you?" My father asked and I immediately shook my head. He narrowed his eyes at me for a moment then just shrugged it off. 

"Anyway, I just found you a new school. Is it ok if you're going to attend starting tomorrow?" He handed me a letter which says that I passed the entrance exam but I didn't even took one yet.

"How..." I paused, lifting the paper in my hand. He made an 'ah' and smiled.

"I gave the school you're records and they said you don't have to take the exams. Your previous grades were definitely in already."

Here it is again. I don't want to be put on a higher class again. I'm tired of people expecting so much from me just because I'm a freakin' smart girl.

"Hmm...sure." I mumbled and he left me alone, giving me some privacy.

I huffed and throw myself back to the soft mattress. I closed my eyes for a moment then opened them back. I stared at the ceiling and just wish my life will continue like this. No more worries and fear. All I want to do is to forget about everything that happened and start a new life.

I lifted up the paper that I was still holding then read the content. I smirked, more of like a sarcastic one when I read the school's name.

'XOXO University?'

It sounded so weird for me. What is this? A university that gives kisses & hugs for everyone? I put the form away and all I want to do right now is to sleep. I need to regain my sleep from all the disturbing nights I always had.

'So classes tomorrow huh...'


Just by reading your comments motivates me to make new updates ^ ^

For all your support you Gomawo~

EXO'S XOXO TEASER PHOTOS ARE KILLING ME!
SEHUN MARRY ME? ;) ♥
EXO XOXO HWAITING!