Unsafe

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

 

"So this is it huh?" I looked up, taking a good look at the tall wide building standing in front of me. I didn't expect that this school would be this big. I made a step, taking my walk as I enter the gate of my new school.

I looked around, observing all the students and they look like they came from a rich family. I tightened my grip on the straps of my bag then made a turn to my right and there, I just found myself all alone on the certain corridor. My brows unintentionally arced.

"Am I lost or something?"

Then I suddenly remembered my dad gave me something this morning. I took it out from my bag and found the map. Yes, you heard it right. Well in your case, you read it right. It's a map of the school building and grounds. He said that this map was given to him by the school. The school required this for new students since the school is big but I never thought that it would be this big.

"Aish pabo..." I knocked my head, closing my eyes. "How would I know where I am right now?" 

I need to go back to the entrance in able to track where I am right now. The odd thing is that why is this corridor empty? Don't students come here too? I turned and I didn't notice someone's behind my back so I literally bumped into that person.

I gasped when I stepped back, losing my balance but that person just perfectly caught me with it's hands on my waist. 

"What do you think you're doing?" A manly voice asked and it made me to look up to see this man. He's eyes were familiar to me  that I couldn't say something. I was just trying to remember where I saw them that moment.

"Are you deaf or just mute?" He asked once again and I immediately stood up straight, stepping back to break free his hands from me.

"Sorry." I bowed and walk passed through him but what I didn't see coming is his hand gripped on my arm. I stopped and I turned to him with my glaring eyes.

"Can you please let go?" I tried to ask in a polite way, not wanting to snap in front of this student. He smirked. Instead of letting go, he pulled me closer and I was obviously startled. 

"Why are you here?" He asked making me roll my eyes.

"I'm lost. And it's not like this is your school." I scoffed, having a hard time releasing myself from his tight grip. He's so strong. Reminds me of this stranger I met 2 days ago.

"Unfortunately it's not. But this area..." He paused leaning closer to my ear. "It's mine. So next...watch out. I can be dangerous." I stiffened. His voice sends chills down to my spine.

I pushed him off away from me with all my strength. He has this smirk on his face and I frowned together with my brows. 'What's his problem?!'

"Don't worry. Cause I assure you...I'll punish myself if my feet brings me here again." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I walked really fast, not wanting to see that weird and...ugh! Cocky guy he is.

Seriously the start of my day here in my new school just ticked me off. Well that guy ticked me off. This is not what I was expecting to happen to me in my first day. I stopped in the middle of the main hall, where students are walking passed by me. I close my eyes, breathing in deeply trying to erase the stress that guy just gave me. 

'Forget about what happened Minhee...pretend you never met him...everything will be alright...'

"Hey tough girl!"

When I was about to regain my calm self back, that annoying voice of him ruined everything. It's like all the sound waves brought his voice to my ears that it rings through my body that I have to shut open my eyes.

'What now?' 

I just ignore him and walk, like no one's calling me. I looked at my map and just all of the sudden, he's voice sounds so close to me. Now I know why. He's walking beside me talking nonsense. 

'Just pretend you don't hear somebody...you're all alone...'

But the fact that he's just beside me and I can hear him clearly is so bothering! Heck someone help me get rid of him! I finally reached my limit. I turned to my side and glared but that glare fade away immediately.

"Where did that weirdo go?" I mumbled as my brows furrowed together.

"So now you're looking for me?" I literally jumped off of my feet when his voice suddenly appeared to my other side. My eyes widened because of surprise while him...he just laugh.

"You think it's funny?!" I hit him hard but he didn't even budged. He's a guy what am I thinking? Of course he wouldn't be that hurt. Once again he just laughed it off. Do I look like a clown?!

"You gave me a heart attack and you're still laughing that I'm some kind of a joke?!"

"Well at least you're talking to me now." He smiled. That kind smile changed his cocky image. He looks so...innocent. 

"So you got what you want. Leave me alone." I walked, fastening my pace and when I blinked my eyes, I stopped on my tracks. It feels like time slowed down or is it everything went fast that I was the only one who was left alone?

This guy...is standing in front of me. The last time I remembered he was meters away from me and in just a blink, he's in front of me. How could this happen?

"You're a new student, right?" He said, pointing the map I was holding. I decided not to think about it. Maybe I was just hallucinating earlier. I nodded my head at him, waving the piece of folded paper in my hand.

"I can be your guide."

"Thank you..." I smiled at him. "But no." I said in a low voice, frowning. I continued walking and passed by him. 

"You know you could be late for the class on your first day if you'll be that stubborn." Once again, my feet just immediately stopped when I heard what he said. He got a point. I don't want to be late...that will be embarrassing.

"Fine. I'll head first then." He said, walking ahead of me. I curled my fist, fighting myself to accept his offer but a part of me wants to. I'm not good in making conversations and I don't think I can bring myself to other students to ask. I was obviously left with no choice.

"Y-yah!" I run and gripped onto my bag. When I finally caught up with him, I saw the grin on his face and it reminds me of being him cocky. I know what that big smile is.

'A smile of victory'

"I need your help." I bravely asked even though my ego's trying to kill me. 

"My pleasure" He turned to me and smirk. I rolled my eyes then cleared my throat. "Can you please stop that?"

"So where's your class?" He said, throwing my question back with another question.

"Class 4-A."

"I'm B." He looked straight ahead and I was surprised when he suddenly grabbed my hand.

"What the he---"

"We're going to be late if you're going to take your sweet time tough girl." I wasn't able to protest as I only found myself, being dragged by this guy as we run fast as we can. 

 

"Ah! We made it on time huh?" He said like nothing happened. We stopped in front of my classroom and I was panting really hard that I bend resting my palms on my knees.

'Geez...this guy's stamina is no joke'

"I have to leave too." He said putting his hands inside his pockets. "Must be your lucky day huh?" He smirked once again and walked. He raised his hand and waves it without looking back.

"Weird guy. Pfft..." I slowly shook my head.  

 

 

The class ended and it's a big relief for me. I feel like I was in a cage with these people around me who have this disability to speak. It's sickening. Thought I love being in a silent place, but his is unacceptable. I mean, all that time I was all alone but right now the situation is different. I have people around me but it seems that they don't exist at all. I sighed and fixed my things then something caught my attention. There's an empty seat beside me.

'I wonder if there's another student or it's just really a spare seat'

"Hey."

I immediately turned my head when someone called for my attention. It's my seat mate but she's actually seated behind me.

"You're wondering about that empty seat, aren't you?" 

How did she know? I guess I was being obvious. I nodded my head since the curiousness is getting on me.

"I don't really know about him but since our first year, he only attends when it's getting near for examination." She said and through that explanation, my brows slowly arc.

'Near the examination? What the hell....'

"You're surprised aren't you?" She smiled and hugged her piled books on her chest. Of course I'm surprised. By the sound of it it's just simply impossible.

"He must be really smart to be still in this class huh?"

And what I just said...I know it's true. Who on earth can pass each examination in just a short period of time? I'll be more surprise if he gets all perfect score for each subject.

"He is incredibly smart. He gets straight As through out every year."

My jaw dropped when I heard that. I mean, they literally dropped. Now I couldn't wait to see who's this smart seat mate of mine. She smiled, bowing her head as an excuse. I did the same thing and she left first. It was awkward...well maybe I'm the one who's being awkward.

I went out of the school building and went to the field. I try to look for a good place to eat since the cafeteria is packed already. Then there, just beside the school wall in the corner, a big tree caught my eyes.

"Just the perfect spot..." I smiled and walk myself towards it. I sit down and placed my backpack  on the Bermuda grass. I opened it, taking my home packed lunch. I closed my eyes feeling the peace surrounding me.

'I hope everyone will live in peace'

A scream made me open my eyes shut. I looked for the owner of it and to my surprise, he's back facing me and he's at the top of the rooftop of the third building near the soccer field.

"Oh my God..." I stood up with fright and I squint my eyes, trying to take a look on what's happening. My eyes widened when he made a step backwards and fell off from the rooftop.

It feels like the time slowed as my own eyes witnessed how this student lost his life. I couldn't move. I was there, standing still while my body's trembling. I never thought this will be more frightening. I don't know what to do. I want to scream my lungs out for help but my throat is getting all dry up.

'I didn't mean everyone will live in peace...i-in this way! This peace will live in the other side of the world!'

The students gather around when they saw the lifeless body lying on the ground. 

"Somebody call an ambulance!"

I jerked. I looked up once again to see if there's another person up in the rooftop. I run towards the building, and I didn't even dare to look at the dead body they were surrounding.

'Well I hope...he isn't dead yet'

I run upstairs leading my way to the rooftop. I don't know why my feet lead me this way but what I know is that my inner self wants to know what happened behind that incident. That poor student surely wouldn't step backward unless someone's threatening him.

'That's it! Someone's definitely behind this!'

I stopped on my way when I'm finally facing the door of the rooftop. I'm panting. I need to catch my breath before I open that door. Something might surprise me and I don't want to die with a heart attack. That's definitely not my type.

'All I have to do is to twist the knob...'

I'm trying to encourage myself right now. I just need to know. This is too much jinx already. I thought leaving our town is the solution but it seems things went even worst. I reached my hand out to the door knob and twisted it open. I slowly made my step and every step I make, the heavier my breathing becomes.

"Is anybody there?" I loudly asked, letting the wind caress my hair. I looked around me and found myself alone. Or...almost alone.

 

 

 

Kai appeared behind Key, closing the door nonchalantly. He slowly brings his gaze up, letting them met with Key's afraid eyes. He made a smirk. Every time he makes a step forward to Key, the latter would make a step back too.

"Do you really think you can run away from me? How pathetic." Kai scoffed, shaking his head slowly.

"P-please! S-spare me! I d-didn't p-plan to i-interrupt last night!" Key stuttered. It's fascinating how his voice shakes the same as how his knees are. He's getting weak. Feeling weak. 

"I know." Kai shrugged. He closed his eyes for a moment and Key just doesn't has any ideas what this guy in front of him is up to. The moment Kai opened his eyes, Key's body trembled in fear.

"But you already did." Kai smiled. More of an evil smile. His eyes turned to bright yellow ones. Key have seen it before though. He have seen it last night were Kai tried to kill a schoolgirl along the dark alley.

"P-please! I w-won't t-tell anyone!" He begged, kneeling on the hot pavement. He's so afraid that he didn't even notice that his tears were flowing out of his eyes. He's literally shaking.

"Hmm..." Kai placed his thumb and index finger under his chin, holding it. He acted like he's trying to think about it but then a playful smile crept his lips. When he turned his head to Key, the poor guy jump in fright,

"I doubt it." Kai made a growl making Key stood up, stumbling on his feet. Kai crouched a little, like a wolf that's ready to run for his prey. Key made another step back and accidentally fell off from the tall building. 

"." Kai cursed, standing up straight. He was about to look after him but he stood there nonchalantly like nothing happened. He knew if he comes in the edge of that rooftop, people might see him there and be the suspect of Key's death. Smart he is.

He gritted his teeth while eyes looking down on the pavement. He doesn't want his brothers to know about this. It was getting hot that noon and the cries of the people all the way down the building was getting loud. 

"I should leave." Kai softly said to himself. He is about to open the door, his hand's on the door knob but he stopped. His eyes widened when he heard something from the other side of the door.

'Someone's here'

In his instincts, he hid on the corner behind the wall fast. He moves like a lightning that he's just on time because the door suddenly swung open. Kai leaned his back on the wall, keeping himself hidden. He can hear footsteps but he didn't dare to sneak a peek. If so, he might get caught.

"Is anybody there?" 

Kai widened his eyes when he heard that familiar voice. He looked up and climbed the wall he was leaning at then crawled on the roof. He slowly raises his head avoiding himself from getting caught. When he finally raised his head, his lips parted.

'It's that tough girl'

Kai smirked. He too his time to get down from the roof swiftly without getting caught. He's fast and didn't even notice that a piece of his bracelet was off. He took a last glance at this tough girl he addresses her before maki g his escape to the door.

 

 

 

I'm sure I'm not too late. I need to find at least one clue. If this killer jump to this place from my hometown, no one will be safe. I won't be safe. I turned my head to my back when I heard small rattles. I swallowed a big saliva even though my throat is completely dry. Again, I slowly walk myself to look for this suspect. I didn't go that far near the edge where that student fell off. Who knows that someone mitt just appear behind me and push me off this building without warning. I don't want to die at a young age. No one wants that.

'I have to live longer...I want to give justice for those who died'

Squeak~

My head automatically turned to the the door when it squeaked. Did someone get out of it? The door is swinging softly. I walked slowly and I was about to head down since non one's around when something caught my eyes. I crouched, narrowing my eyes on the object. It's somewhat familiar to me but I don't know where I have seen it. 

"Just what is this?" I softly asked myself.

Maybe it's my first clue. I have to keep this. I stood up and slip it inside my school uniform suit. This thing might come in handy. The only thing I need to find out is the owner of this. I took my sweet time walking down the stairs and from here, I can clearly hear the siren of the ambulance. I really hope that that poor guy can be save. But if you logically think, we know that from this tall building, no one can survive from falling off.

I sighed and finally I reached the ground floor. I watched the students drowned themselves with gossips. Rumors how an accident happened today. Some of them are saying he suicide, some says he just accidentally fell off and a lot of versions in their own perspective. But for me, there's only one thing I'm trying to believe right now.

"Wait a minute..." I touched my back and I didn't feel anything. Right. I left my bag under that tree. I run as fast as I can to get my bag there but as soon as I arrived, it was gone. 

'Who the hell took it?!'

"Ehem!" 

I turned my head when someone cleared his throat. It's him again! This total weird guy is leaning on the tree while holding my bag in the air. "Looking for this?" He smirked making me frown. 

"You made me worry!" I snatched my bag from his hand while he left out a chuckle. 

"So now it's my fault? In the first place you shouldn't be leaving your stuffs in a public place." He scoffed, poking my forehead with his finger. I gritted my teeth as my eyes glaring at him.

"Are you mocking me?" 

"If you see it that way...maybe I am." He grinned and I swear this is more irritating! Why am I born jinxed anyway?! Scary town, non stop murders and now this guy!

"You're hopeless." I shook my head and left him alone.

"Hey! Aren't you suppose to be thanking me now?!" He called out but I didn't listen. I don't want to listen. I'm not gonna thank him if it's the last thing I would do. He naturally boils my blood.

I shouldn't be really mind him right now. Now that the murders can't be stop, It's time to do something to end this. If the jinx is really on me...then I should be the one who's going to end this. Because if no one's going to take an action...we're unsafe.

 


Comments are appreciated ^ ^
Sorry If I just updated now...busy updating with EXO's comeback...
Drama teaser will be out later!