His back?

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

It was cold, the sidewalk became a busy street and two figures were standing outside the famous bookstore in Seoul. Xiumin chuckled after noticing the serious look of Lay since they have arrived there.

"Hey, are you ok?" A playful grin appeared his lips.

Lay stayed quiet, eyes wandering around the city. It's the day that the truck delivers the new books to the bookstore he was leaning at. Xiumin took a look at his brother's face again and scratched his head.

"Are you expecting someone?"

Lay only nodded his head. Both of them are standing outside the bookstore, watching the man carry the heavy boxes of books. Xiumin crossed his arms over his chest and leaned his back on the cold brick wall of the structured building.

"Who is it then?"

"...Someone—I only know her scent."

Xiumin's brows lifted up at how Lay answered his question. He smirked, shifting his hands inside his pockets. At least the warmth of his body was enough for the cold atmosphere.

"Her?"

The blonde one turned his head at the smirking brother of his and shot a glare at him.

"Wipe that off. It's not like what you have in mind." Lay said.

"Hey I didn't say anything!"

"Can't you just please stay still?! I have to find her scent."

Xiumin rolled his eyes, huffing some air. He pulled his hoodie over his head and wait together with Lay. The latter was getting impatient though. He still can't find her scent and that only means the girl he was waiting for is nowhere to be found. Lay furrowed his brows together. It's getting dark but they are still outside, waiting continuously. 

"God! Can't we go back now?!" Xiumin irritatingly hissed. His stomach growled time to time.

Lay sighed and walked, not even waiting for the whining baozi. Xiumin ran after him, yelling his name.

"Yah! What's wrong with you? Tsk." Xiumin said.

"She didn't come." Lay replied seriously.

Xiumin raised a brow, still curious about this girl Lay keeps talking about. He put his hands inside the pockets of his pants and bombarded the blonde with questions.

"What's with this girl anyway? And why are you so annoyed of not seeing her? Is she your maiden or what?"

"She is not my maiden." Lay said without glancing at the latter.

Xiumin raised his palms in the air, surrendering himself.

"Fine! Whatever you say," Xiumin paused. "but what do you need from this girl anyway? I'm sure she's not worth our time."

Lay sighed and was reluctant to answer. He threw his eyes somewhere else while biting his inside cheeks. It bleed but he didn't mind. The taste of blood was all over his tongue.

"That's...something personal."

Lay cleared his throat and walked faster, leaving Xiumin behind. He was still frustrated for not seeing the girl. Even her shadow didn't appear at all. He gritted his teeth, still letting his senses get to work while making his way back to their cabin. On the other hand, Xiumun was busy eyeing people who would passed through him. He wonders if Kai's having the way he is.

 

 

 

My eyelids felt so heavy that I couldn't fight back to close my eyes. 'Maybe it would be better to have a nap for awhile.' I let the sleepiness conquer my body. For an instant, I drifted to my deep slumber.

 

 

"Minhee."

I grunted in my sleep. Did someone just call me? I shifted on my position, half asleep.

"I've been longing for you.."

A hot breath brushed against my skin. It was ticklish. I mean—what the hell is happening? Am I dreaming or something? I slowly opened my eyes, awaken from my slumber. Well, apparently I was half asleep but I haven't seen anything. Except for my room and everything, there's no one beside me. My chest is heaving up and down, trying to catch my breath until my breathing comes back to normal.

"Odd."

I managed to say something between my heavy breaths. So peculiar. As hard it is to believe but I can't take the thought away about this dream that felt so real. A wind—cold breeze entered my room, with the curtains flying as it brushed against the fabric. Finally my breathing became normal. I wiped away the beads of sweat that built on my temple, brushing the back of my palm against it. The cold and surface lingered on my skin.

"I better make dinner."

 

 

Kai rolled over his back, feeling the soft mattress of the futon that's laid on the floor beside his sofa-bed. He was busy flipping some mangas while his other hand's holding the remote, clicking the button, continuously changing the channel. He wasn't reading now watching the TV. His eyes are busy on blinking from time to time—synchronizing with the channels each time it changes.

"Bored, are we?" A voice suddenly appeared.

Kai snapped out from dazing, tilting his head to the side. A playful grin appeared on his face. He threw away then manga at Sehun but the latter caught it just in time with his left hand.

"What are you doing here?" Kai asked.

"Oh, you don't want me here?" Sehun frowned, acting hurt.

Kai laughed and sit up straight from his lazy session. Sehun just barged in, in Kai's apartment and he comfortably sat on the sofa-bed, facing the TV while ignoring his brother sitting on the futon beside him.

"No, I mean—it's better to have you  here than letting myself die in boredom."

"You're exaggerating again."

Sehun passed back the manga to Kai and took the remote control from him. He switched the channel into his own preference and watched an action movie.

"I was surprised that you're here and being a good pup." Sehun smirked, watching the older one in the corner of his eyes.

"Where do you expect me to be at? Outside the park, digging some holes in the soil?" Kai sarcastically said.

"That could be one too. I thought you'll be playing outside—if you know what I mean." Sehun smirked.

Kai rolled his eyes but left out a chuckle after that. He leaned his back on the sofa while Sehun spread himself on it, resting the back of his head on his hands.

"I can't understand why you're using that futon when you already have this sofa bed."

It was odd actually. Kai shrugged his shoulders and rolled himself on the soft mattress. He ed the two first buttons, fanning himself with the book. The sound of flipping pages was able to be heard.

"What? I like it this way. Besides, this place isn't mine."

"You mean you just kicked out the owner of this apartment—how nice of you."

Kai arced his brows and hit Sehun's toned tummy with the manga he threw at the younger one before. The title of the manga is written in Nihongo and an anime character with a blade on his hand. Blood is all over it. Sehun laughed softly. He then closed his eyes, breathing in with a small smile.

"At least I didn't scare him off—well maybe a little."

Kai sighed. There was a moment of silence. He raised a brow when the latter didn't give a response. Next thing he heard from Sehun is a soft snore. Kai groaned, running hand through his hair. He shook his head with a smile, knowing that Sehun fell asleep...like forever. He stood up and left Sehun to have some peace in his sleep. He turned off the TV and went outside for a walk.

 

[Click Play]

 

The night was getting colder. Some street lights were flickering like anytime soon it would explode and won't work anymore. Kai stopped from walking. He looked in the corner of his eyes, having his animal instinct that someone might be following him. He smirked. Kai fastened his pace and after walking for 3 blocks from where he stopped, he ran swiftly without difficulty. He made a turn to his right, entering a dark alley. His feet left off the ground, jumping on a large garbage can. As soon as he landed, he quickly jumped to his left, turning his body at the same time. His hands perfectly grabbed the cold post, lifting himself up applying great force in his arms.

Kai reached the top of the two floor building and the pavement looks so old. He nonchalantly walked and glanced at his back over his shoulder. He smirked when there was no sign of the person who's following him. But, before he could turn his head—a familiar scent entered his nostrils. His brows furrowed and his forehead pulled together when he still couldn't figure out its owner. The polluted smoke from engines, fragrance of cooked dishes coming from the nearest restaurant and other scent from the whole city—distracted Kai from distinguishing that familiar trail. He abruptly turned his head left to right, trying to find the person who's tailing his back—if it's a person...he doubted. Kai ran his hand across his eyes from left to right. Once he opened it, they were bright yellowish ones. Now, he sees better in the dark.

"Come out before I seek you...scaredy cat." Kai hummed with an over courageous smile on his face.

"Who told you I'm a cat?"

The sudden appearance of a voice made Kai's eyes widened. He recognized the owner of it. He turned to his back and a familiar figure is standing at the roof of a small apartment located at the same floor, near the staircase. The figure jumped off of it, revealing himself from the dark as the light from the moon traveled on the side, half of his face. He was partly revealed but Kai recognized him.

"Hyung..."

"I ain't no cat...nor you." Lay chuckled. It sounded rather...devilish.

Kai sighed in relief. It was only Lay but if it isn't him, Kai doesn't fear anything—even if his life's on the edge to hell.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with the pack?"

"I will...later."

Kai smirked. He placed his hands inside his pockets and watched Lay with piercing his eyes. He knows something wasn't right. He can't feel it. And it was odd of Lay, showing himself to him in the middle of the night. Usually Suho, D.O and his buddy Sehun would do a visit—not Lay.

"Spit it out Lay. What do you need?"

On the side where the light only penetrates on Lay's face, on his right, it was visible how his smirk turned into a serious look. He didn't smile nor frowned. His lips turned into a thing line, pressing it together. Finally, the latter made a sound—a "click" formed because of the tongue.

"Clever," He said walking to the side, moving into a circular movement. "are you learning from school, eventually?"

Kai rolled his eyes. From the way Lay said it, it felt like he was mocking him. The latter's eyes followed every moment Lay makes.On how the older one walks around him in a circle manner—like forming a trap.

"Oh come on! Let's just get straight about this," Kai said while moving his brows up and down. Still, a playful grin on his face. "what exactly do you want?"

The cold breeze blew, brushing against their skin—but it didn't feel cold. The tense building between them was enough to heat them up. And of course, the blood of wolf is running through their veins. They couldn't be bloody cold just by a simple breeze. Lay stopped from walking, smiled on his place.

"You know what I always wanted but uh—it seems like you don't have it anymore." 

Lay took a quick glance at Kai's wrist. The latter saw that and knew what Lay meant about it. Kai gulped but didn't make it obvious.

"What's your point then?"

"I've seen it Kai. I know where your pendant is."

Kai's eyes widened. He didn't expect for someone to know that he lost what their father gave. Each of the twelve brothers were given unique pendant that contains supernatural abilities. It would help them to survive—their father says before he died. He shook his head with a brave smile. Of course it's Lay he is facing right now. His brother who knows everything.

"So you notice? Smart , are we?" Kai smirked.

He doesn't want to look weak in front of Lay. He still believes that he is stronger than him with or without his magical pendant.

"And for losing that precious power of yours, what makes you then?" Lay paused, cupping his chin with his right hand then mocking smile crept his lips. "A dumb , am I right?"

That grin, a mocking grin that crushed Kai's ego. A fire builds up in Kai. He was clenching his fists so tight that it turned red. The blood was rushing, trapped in a closed fist. Lay nonchalantly turned his back and walked, leaving Kai behind—just like that.

"Good luck for you then! 'Cause when I get it first," Lay stopped and glanced over his shoulder. His gaze met with Kai's. "Finder's keeper." He winked and jumped off of the building.

Kai hurriedly ran to the edge of the pavement, watching how Lay swiftly and lightly fell. Lay landed on his feet naturally and run.

 

 

[Click Play]

 

 

I'm walking my way to my oh-so-bizarre school. I'm on the sidewalk, passing by various stores. I was being a loner again, with only my iPod accompanying me. The music that's playing was somehow wants me to drift into a peaceful slumber. It fits the weather perfectly right now. With the rain complimenting Yiruma's "River flows in you"—nothing can be perfect for a morning walk. I'm wearing my knitted gray sweater over my uniform, made by my mom before she left this world...unwillingly. Before it was big but now, as the time passes by, it fitted me perfectly. It keeps me warm enough that the cold breeze seemed like nothing to me. 

When I passed by the cafe I always stay in, I was reluctant—whether I should stop or keep going on. I blame the sweet and bitter aroma of their famous coffee for that. It lingers in my nose that made me want to stop by and take a sweet moment of sipping the hot coffee while watching the rain drops continuously. I sighed and completely passed by the cafe and forget about it before I get late. I was still having a hard time though—fighting the urge of closing my eyes. I sighed and noticed that there's no cover or any roof that's going to protect me from the small raindrops. 

'Good that they're only small of raindrops'

It's ok if I get wet—just not drench. Little drops won't kill me, right? I turned to my left and to my surprise, I felt a great impact greeted me. I found myself stumbling back but before I could reach the ground, a strong hand caught my left wrist with a manly arm around my right waist. I was closing my eyes shut, afraid to feel the impact I'll be meeting, the hard and wet cement ground. 

"I didn't know you're clumsy too." 

That voice. That familiar, husky and low voice that causes my blood run through my veins up to my cheeks. I felt him pulling me closer, taking me away from any raindrops that might land in any part of my body. I slowly opened my eyes—not ready to accept my thought of thinking it was him...that I was right.

Thump. A beat from my inside startled me. What the hell. Why am I being like this? 

"You..." I almost cursed myself for saying something—that it sounded almost like a whisper.

No wonder his grip feels so familiar. He was still wearing his poker face. That signature of his straight look that doesn't seem odd to me. He stared straightly through my eyes, like it was getting into my soul. He slowly let go of my wrist, his arms sliding off of my waist. He didn't say anything but I didn't give a care. I was just...happy? Maybe because I was able to see him again after his sudden disappearance that is still a mystery to me.

"W-why are you here?" My voice rose up that it sounded like I was kind of accusing him of something. Like he committed a crime.

Instead of an answer, he lowly glared at me, ignoring my words...again. He took something from the back of his pants, revealing a grey plain handkerchief. He opened it and placed it on my head nonchalantly, that I felt his manly hand hitting my head with the thin cloth in between. Like I was some kind of thing that he could just bang his palm over it.

"What the—"

"You shouldn't be getting yourself drenched."

Finally he spoke a sentence to me again. It sounded more like of a sermon though. I frowned then pull off the handkerchief from my head with my right hand. 

"I'm not drenched. I—"

"Yet."

"Can you please let me finish first?!"

This is frustrating. He keeps on cutting me off. There's nothing changed from his expression. Even just a little bit of it. He then walked, passing on my side. I couldn't help but look back and call for him.

"Yah!"

He just raised his left hand, waving it without looking back. He's heading to the nearest bakery shop. We met again...for the second time but I still don't know this stranger. This stranger that I share a secret place with unknowingly. Then something hit me! I glanced at my wrist watch and I only have 20 minutes left,

"God..."

I exasperatedly sighed. I'm not late, no. I'm just...miff, on how the time flies by. I continued walking, using the handkerchief the stranger gave to me to cover my head from the little raindrops. His scent is still on the smooth fabric. I smiled..without my notice.


This is it for now folks. Sorry if I wasn't able to update faster. School is stressing and pressuring me at the same time. I hope you guys can understand T _________ T For my readers who also read my other fics, don't worry I have the drafts for the upcoming chapters. I just don't know when I can use my com again. It's been almost a month I haven't used it.  I'm really sorry for keeping you wait~ *bows 90 degrees* Gomawo!

Please bare with me! Thank you so much for the support you

Legit. LIFE RUINERS! 
For our wolves who appeared in this chap!




credits to rightful owners