018

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

The night is getting colder, darker and even more dangerous. We’ve been out here in the woods for about two hours already after looking for some help from people we don’t even know. Flashlights waving at every corner of the woods and we’ve been calling out Taehyung’s name for who knows how many times now and yet we still couldn’t find him.

“Aish, this is useless.” I heard one of the boys said.

I, myself too think it is a useless idea but we have to try. I’m surprise I still know how to breathe despite of this nervousness.

“He’s not here.”

I was flabbergasted of Sehun’s sudden words. My head snapped to him wearing all the confusion in my face.

“What do you mean?”

“We have to go back. The night’s getting even more dangerous out here.” He eventually looked at me straight in the eyes and they were telling me that he’s damn serious.

Nodding my head as a response, I came to Lily’s side and told her that it’s better to go back before others lost their way too.

“You’re right. You can go ahead. I’ll just tell Mr. Kang to tell the others too.” Lily said, giving a reassuring squeeze on my shoulder.

She left me and so I turned my head around but locked when I met Sehun’s eyes. I don’t want to be trapped inside those orbs so I turned away and walk back to the place we’re staying at. Every step I take I’m thinking of Taehyung’s safety. Wishing that he’s back already and we just didn’t notice. With no words spoken, I know that Sehun’s following behind me…like about 3 meters away. I sighed. I just need to release this tension that’s drowning me inside.

Far enough from the house, with my eyes squinting, I could see someone’s figure standing right at the center of the field. I stopped on my tracks, don’t know if I should continue and approach him in my way. But then, I realized I know him.

“Taehyung…” His name escaped my lips as a relief.

He was just there, standing still and looking straight towards me. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now. I want to cry in relief because he is safe but at the same time curiousness is digging their way into me. Taehyung seems different. Even though I’m from afar I know there is something wrong.

Warmth.

I felt the familiar warmth that Sehun could only give. He was holding my wrist and I didn’t even notice that he’s by my side already. He’s looking at Taehyung and suddenly frowned. Brows furrowed and eyes were glaring.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him but instead of an answer, Sehun pulled me behind his back.

“Just walk behind me.” He shortly said and marched forward to where Taehyung is.

I was still thinking what he meant by that but he’s already steps away from me so I run to catch up with his pace. And there, we stood just a march away from Taehyung. I gasped when I saw a scratch on his temple just beside his right eye.

“Yah! Where have you been?” I was raising my voice as I took a step forward to him, full of worries, but was stopped right away by Sehun who’s grabbing my wrist.

I looked at him in confusion but still told him to let go. He looked at me first then glared at Taehyung before letting my wrist slipped out of his grip.

“Sorry. I followed you and Sehun in the woods and I end up losing my way.” Taehyung said smiling sheepishly. His eyes keep wandering to the ground, not even looking straight to mine. Every now and then, he still glances at Sehun then looked away.

Weird.

“Lily, Taehyung is safe. He’s here with us near the cabins. Yes, yes. Arasso.” I put my phone back inside my coat and sighed.

I looked at Sehun who has his hands inside his pockets, still eyeing Taehyung. What’s the matter with this guy? Doesn’t matter. Well I guess everyone’s safe now. Thank goodness there’s no such thing as attacks that I was expecting, knowing that this town can be very dangerous. We can finally rest for today.

 

# # #

 

 “Aniya, aniya.” Mr. Kang sighed once again. “Lily’s been exerting all her effort for this film rendition and this is all you’ve got?”

It’s our day two here and of course, we weren’t wasting time. We’ve been practicing whole day and Mr. Kang is stressed out in this scene where Sehun couldn’t seem to perform to his delight. He stood up and pulled Taehyung, who’s just standing beside him, and dragged him towards me. I turned to look at Sehun who has his brows pulled together, eyes squinting a little bit.

“Sehun-ah, gwenchana?” I softly asked as I poked his side. He turned his head to me, and said, “Remind me again why I am here.”

This is the first time Sehun had a trouble with acting scenes that are thrown to us. It seems that he is having a hard time with the smiling part. Actually, I haven’t really seen Sehun smiled so genuinely.

“Yah! You two, show Sehun how this should be done.” Mr. Kang let me and Taehyung stand face to face. I actually don’t know what to do, especially with Sehun’s eyes piercing towards me…or maybe Taehyung.

“You ready?” Taehyung smiled and I just nodded as an answer.

“Y-yah, Kim Chul-soo. S-stop staring at me like that.” I shyly said as I play the role of Soon-yi.

Taehyung as Chul-soo, smiled at me. He slowly raised his hand, brushing some of my locks to the back of my ear. He was uttering something but it only sounded audible after he finally said it.

“Yeppuda.”

There was a staring battle and if this doesn’t end yet, my face would totally heat up.

“And cut!” Mr. Kang said. He has that big smile plastered on his face. He opened his arms wide, like gesturing to the rest that this is what he needs for the play.

On the other hand though, Sehun rolled his eyes and slid his hands inside his pockets. He actually doesn’t care to whatever Mr. Kang’s babbling right now. He knew—I know that he could do something more than that. He’s just having a hard time with that certain part…smile.

“You see that Sehun? It’s easy. You just got to put yourself into it and smile like you just saw the prettiest girl in your life unless…I’ll have to change main roles.” Mr. Kang stated that called my attention.

What did he mean about changing of main roles? Does it mean that if Sehun doesn’t do this well, Taehyung will take his place? I immediately look at Sehun and I guess we’re feeling the same way.  He’s eyes are glaring at the ground but nonetheless, he still looks composed. If I were him, I would probably feel the same way. It feels like you’re not capable of doing something. I know this is just a professional talk for Mr. Kang but it never sound less mean.

 

 

Night after night, Tao still didn’t come back home into the moon forest...to his brothers. He keeps wandering around the city. He has been thinking about what Lay told him. If they were to turn their backs on their own brother, it will certainly change everything.

“You seem lost brother.” Kai said, breaking into Tao’s thoughts.

Kai was wearing this huge grin on his face that really annoyed Tao. They were standing in the middle of an intersection with a single light post keeping itself alive but looks like it will die anytime soon. Old tall buildings were surrounding them. It was a forgotten place in the city. Not even a single car minds to pass.

“What are you doing here?” Tao asked with bitterness in his tone.

“The question is, what are you doing here?” Kai smirked.

Of course, the latter is living his life in the wild noisy city but Tao? Kai laughed—he has to laugh, at least that’s what he thought. His laugh was all over the place as the walls echoed it back.

“What are you laughing at? Damn it!” Tao raised his voice as his hands covering up his ears.

“You.” Kai shortly answered with the sickest grin ever and it only made Tao more furious.

“Right. Just laugh all you can! When Lay hyung and I find your pendant you’ll be sorry for this!”

Kai’s brows pulled together then the other one slowly rose. He wasn’t threatened. He didn’t even feel like he was threatened! All this time, he was just wearing this smirk on his face.

“I see Lay’s dragging you into this.” Kai let out an exasperated sigh and started to walk his way on the opposite direction of Tao.

He was shaking his head, chuckling like a mad person. Before he could totally disappear, Kai stopped while brushing his hair with his hand to the back of his head, turned to Tao and gave him the look of pity.

“I feel sorry for you my brother. Don’t worry, I’ll have my pendant anytime soon. I got someone to take it back for me.” He winked at Tao and grinned. “Ja, see you around.” Kai turned around and walk with his hand waving without even glancing at his brother.

 

 

 

And the sun gave his way for the moon again. Time flies so fast and darkness has arrived. I’m sitting outside, on an old wooden bench, staring blankly in the air. For some reason, I feel more comfortable being alone here in the cold than with everybody else inside. I sighed.

Today is just incredibly exhausting day. Mr. Kang became stricter about the play, Sehun’s having a hard time and Taehyung…he acts very weird. After that night he returned, he acted differently. He goes dazing in the air and keeps his eyes on me. It gives me creeps every time I remember—aish. I just hope he’s ok. Probably something happened that he wasn’t telling.

“Over thinking is awful.”

A familiar voice suddenly appeared and it made me turn my head right away from where it came from.

“Sehun.”

How did he get here without me noticing? He was sitting a meter away from me. Staring at the sky, he breathes out and heavy smokes came out. To see him like that, it was breathtaking. I don’t know why I admire him. He’s cold, sarcastic, sometimes ignorant and an anti-social. He doesn’t talk even though you’re with him.

“I told you many times already, it’s bad to stare.” He said, breaking my thoughts.

“S-sorry.”

He’s still looking at the sky, calm and just a moment passed, he started to close his eyes.  I wonder what he’s thinking right now. I hope he’s not bothered about what Mr. Kang has said earlier. Pulling the blanket tightly to my body, I smiled when soft snores replaced the cold, silent night.

This guy, he sleeps everywhere not even minding any positions. He still looks comfortable sleeping that way. Then I just noticed he wasn’t wearing any layers but only long sleeve denim polo with three buttons left undone. I wonder why he never gets cold. Then just that moment, I remember he first touched my hand…just right here, in this town. He was very warm…very comforting.

“Minhee?”

I looked over my shoulder and it was Taehyung who called my name. He slowly smiled at me but there’s something wrong with that smile. It was a sad smile. What’s wrong Taehyung?

“You should come in. It’s cold here outside.” He continued.

I look at Sehun first who is still sleeping. I guess, I have to go back inside now. Sehun won’t even notice me being gone. Bringing back my attention to Taehyung I nodded my head and stood up.

Hugging myself, I passed by Sehun but he took me by surprise when he suddenly held my wrist making me stop from walking. I look at him in surprise but he was still closing his eyes and breathing calmly.

“Sehun…yah.” I softly called his attention to let go but he wasn’t even listening.

Finally, he opened his eyes looking straightly on my wrist. He then slowly turned his head, looking over his shoulder. What is he doing?

I looked at Taehyung and he seemed alarmed of the look that Sehun’s giving him. His mouth agape but then pressed his lips together and stares to the ground.

“Yah, what are you doing?” I wriggled Sehun’s hand that’s on my wrist.

But Sehun wasn’t even leaving his eyes on Taehyung. Aish, this guy. He does anything he wants.

“We’ll stay a little bit. You can go ahead.” Sehun said in a monotone.

I don’t know what’s running inside Sehun’s head and how he looks right now but I’m pretty sure it’s not good. He’s scaring Taehyung. The latter though, looked at me with reluctant in his eyes. I looked at Sehun first and he’s still looking at Taehyung. I know this guy wouldn’t let go so I turned to look at Taehyung and nodded, telling him that’s it’s alright. He complied.

“Yah, what do you want now? Don’t you know it’s freezing here?” I said and hugged myself even tighter.

Sehun finally looked at me and glared. Tss, now he’s mad. This guy, so mysterious and I just couldn’t figure him out. He pulled me to sit beside him and when my arm brushed against him, there goes again the familiar warmth.

“You shouldn’t trust that guy.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so.” When he turned and looked at me with those eyes, he was serious. But who is he that I should obey? He’s not even my father and Taehyung is one of my friends now aside from Lily. He’s very nice.

“You’re unbelievable.” I said with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

Sehun being himself smirked at my remark. I was…taken aback. It’s like he’s showing me another side of him. And because of that, I couldn’t help but smile. We both looked up and watch the stars in the dark night. They glitter so beautifully.

“Don’t you think it’s beautiful?” I asked Sehun with a smile on my face.

I got no answer from him so I turned to him and found he was looking at me. His dark orbs staring straightly to mine, his bangs are on a mess but he still looks perfect. Suddenly the cold that I was feeling disappeared as I felt my cheeks burning.

“Y-yah! S-stop staring at me like that.” I was stuttering. Why am I stuttering?!

Sehun slowly reached his hands, eyes traveling to my face, leaning closer. For pete’s sake what is he doing? He brushed some of my hair locks and tucked it behind my ear. What surprised me most is the smile that’s tugging on both corners of his lips. Sehun was smiling. He was smiling! I gulped, too overwhelmed of what’s happening right now.

“Yeppuda.” That word and his low voice weren’t helping at all.

Sehun just told me I’m beautiful…am I dreaming? What the hell is going on? My heart can’t stop pounding and it hurts because I couldn’t even scream what I’m feeling right now. What is he doing to me?

“You’re blushing.” He smirked and that hit the spot.

“Yah!”

He smirked and looked back at the sky.

“See? I can do that scene perfectly than that Taehyung guy. Kang seems so impressed by him. Tsk.”

So…he was doing that scene. Aish! Get a grip Moon Minhee! This is so embarrassing. What am I thinking?

“Yah!” I glared at Sehun who just poked my head.

“What did I tell you about over thinking?” He glared back at me.

Well, he’s a natural. I just shut my mouth and didn’t say a word. It was another moment of stillness between Sehun and me. We’ve been sharing this kind of atmosphere every time we’re together and I still get this weird feeling about me liking it.

 

3rd POV

“We should probably go inside. We’re both going to catch a cold if we continue to stay out here.” Sehun said to Minhee. He watches as she looks at him for a second then quickly averts her eyes away from him and stands up. The corner of his lips pulls up in a small smile as he sees her all wrapped up in her blanket going to her cabin.

He then stands up and quickly catches up to her.

Minhee gives her a weird look before saying, “What are you doing?”

“Walking, obviously.” He replies with that monotone voice that he frequently uses.

“I know that, but isn’t your cabin on the opposite direction?’ Minhee said.

“But your cabin is in this direction isn’t it?” He then continues explaining when he saw her confused look. “I’m making sure you don’t get lost as well.”

Minhee seems to accept this and they continue to walk in silence to her cabin. However when they reached the front door, neither one seemed willing to go.

“Would you like to come inside for a bit?” Minhee said, after moments of silence between them. Sehun looked at her intently before nodding and they both entered the cabin. Lily was already asleep when they went in. 

“I’m sorry if it’s too messy.” Minhee whispered in which Sehun responded with a small shrug. When Minhee turned her back on him, he scanned the room. His eyes were searching for the pendant. A glint on the bedside table caught his attention and he casually walked towards it and pick up a book that was placed on top. And lying there beside it is the thing he was looking for.

 “That’s mine.” Minhee whispered. Sehun froze for a moment thinking that she was referring to the pendant but she walked towards him and looked at the book. Sehun pretended to read the summary for a bit before putting it down. And without Minhee noticing, he snatched off the pendant off the table and stuffs his hand in his pocket.

“I should go.” He said in a low voice. Minhee nods and they walk together to the door of the cabin. Sehun gives Minhee a small nod before going out.

When he hears the door close behind him, he takes out his hands from his pocket and looks at the pendant of his brother sitting in the palm of his hand.

“Too easy.”

 

 



And...we're back?
I'm not going to give a long speech here but we did everything we can do. Just...enjoy ^ ^
And oh, feedbacks are really appreciated. Kamsahamnida *bows 90 degrees*


Subscribe.Comment.Upvote.Love ♥
 

      W A R N I N G     

   Please excuse him for his sensuous way of eating ice cream T ^ T   

(cto)