Weird

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

I can feel the adrenaline rush within me. The thumping of my heart is getting louder than the steps I'm taking. I only have five minutes left before the bell finally rings. I fastened my pace, not minding the people around me—whoever I bump to or what their response be. Finally! I saw my classroom and as I thought I could make it on time, I felt a great impact hitting my side.

"Ugh.."

I gritted my teeth because of the pain but I'm absolutely sure that that groan didn't come from me. I opened my eyes and the moment I saw the person who'll be the reason of me being late—I just want to curse this day. I rolled my eyes before glaring at the jerk above me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said as coldly as I could. 

I'm trapped between Kai's arms and he was staring at me intently. Like I did something bad—a crime maybe. 

"Have you seen it?" He said eyeing me carefully.

Have seen what? I glared at him and pushed his chest—pushing him away from me. I sat up and gathered my books back on my arm and wear my bag properly. 

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" I stood up and huffed some air.

Kai stood on his feet too and scratched his head slowly. I can't figure out why he's acting like that but the way he eyes me made me aware for whatever might happen. I glared once more then left him behind. I still have few minutes—or seconds maybe before I'll know it's too late. 

'Please don't let the bell ring'

And just like how sarcastic life can be, the alarming chime of bell made me flinched.

'Crap!'

I came in running inside my classroom and I immediately stopped on my tracks. My feet were glued on the ground and my body stiffened when I realized everyone's eyes were on me.

Unwanted Attention

I never wanted this. I stood up straightly—awkwardly I guess, my lips trembled as I was trying to say something but no words came out from me. Just soft whisper of breath...I gulped  and blinked my eyes, thinking of how to break this big awkwardness that's building up.

"Isn't it too early to be a star of this class, Ms. Moon?" 

That strict sharp voice of Ms. Shin appeared behind me. I reluctantly turned my head and I bit my lower lip only to meet Ms. Shin staring at me with her arms crossed. The look doesn't look so happy nor a look of glare. It was just plain...look. Before I knew what was happening, I was bowing my head and asked for forgiveness of barging in and for coming late.

"Enough Minhee." Ms. Shin said.

And I stop. I look at her with pleading eyes and it seemed to work as she says, "Next time if you come late...detention will be waiting for you."

Ms. Shin let me take my seat and I complied. I sat down on my chair and quickly buried my head inside my arms on my desk. A habit of mine I guess...especially when I get embarrassed.

"Hey Minhee." 

"Hm?" I didn't move though. I just listened to whatever Lily says.

"Why are you late? You know, this is your first time."

I heard Lily giggled and she pat my back softly. I groaned, rolling my eyes with my head still buried inside my arms.

"I'm sure you don't want to know." I mumbled.

If I'll see that Kai again, I'll definitely kill him. That jerk. If it wasn't because of him I wouldn't be late—I wouldn't be embarrassed in front of the whole class...no attention, simple. I huffed some air and I feel the heat crept in my face. Ms. Shin continued what she was discussing before the embarrassing moment of mine occurred. Blah, blah, blah,,,I wasn't actually paying attention at all. Her voice continues to overpower the noise from the students. Well...not until I heard loud gasps coming from my fellow classmates. If I'm not making a mistake, the loudest of the abrupt sharp gasp came from Lily who happens to be sitting behind me. Why did they gasped anyway? At the moment I felt myself being a cat—the curiosity just killed me off when a complete silence followed. The quiet atmosphere is deafening me. I slowly lift my head to know what is happening around me.

The moment my eyes landed on the familiar figure standing in front of the class, I couldn't see his face at all. He's bowing but the familiarity of his hair and figure made me want to see his mysterious face that got the whole class's attention.

"Why is he bowing Lily?" I asked, turning my head to see Lily's reaction.

agape and her eyes never left the figure who just entered our class. But from that shock expression, in the corner of her lips curved upward—a small smile and it was obvious for me. 

"It's him." She whispered, leaning closer.

'him?'

My eyebrows arced in confusion. I turned, letting myself sit properly and titled my head to have the right angle to see his face. This guy sure seem so familiar...where have I seen him?

"It's ok Sehun-ssi. You can take your seat." Ms. Shin smiled, looking at the guy named Sehun.

Where did I hear that name before again? As soon as Ms. Shin instructed him, he stood up straight, and once his head tilted I caught I glimpse of his face. He turned again and now he's facing me with the same eyes that full of emptiness.

So it's him?

He walked to my direction and I swear I can hear my heart beating so fast because of the deafening silence of the room. All eyes are on him but that doesn't seem to bother me cause I'm one of them. I was just dumbfounded that I can't take my eyes off of him with every move he takes. 

Boom!

Did I just hear my heart explode? He just stopped in front of me. IN FRONT OF ME I repeat! He is so tall that I have to look up and stare at his face. I didn't expect him to look back at me, staring down. My fingers fidget on my desk and It feels like my mouth dry because of things happening so slow—like the time stopped.

"Hm..." His deep voice...

"U-uhm..." What the heck? Did i just stuttered? 

"It's good to see you all dry." He said.

Sehun then went to the seat beside me. So he is the genius one that Lily's talking about. I was oblivious of my actions. My fingers run to my hair and I just realized that I'm touching it as the coldness of it run through my fingertips. I shivered within that it gave my body the goose bumps. It's been awhile since I felt like this.

"Weird..." I softly uttered to myself.

"Ok class, all attention in here!" Ms. Shin called, tapping the blackboard that cut everyone's stare off of Sehun...the cold guy that I've ever known.

I tilted my head a little, watching him in the corner of my eyes.

'So Sehun's your name...'

"It's bad to stare that is...if you're aware." Sehun nonchalantly said while staring at the window.

I felt my body flinched. How did he know? I gently gulped my saliva and as I turned to him, he did the same thing and looked back at me with the usual look in his eyes.

"U-um..."

I tried hard to think of an excuse that he would buy and then I noticed the droplets running down from his auburn hair and just like that, the only idea came into me. I immediately fished my hand to my uniform's pocket, getting ahold to the silky cloth.

"H-here." I offered the handkerchief he gave me earlier. 

It would be a lot better if I didn't stutter but I failed. I tried not to tremble when I reached my hand out as his gaze traveled down to the handkerchief. I thought he wasn't going to take it until he slowly reached his hand out and took it from me. The coldness built within me melted away when his fingers brushed against mine. It reminds me the first time I touched his skin. That skin that burns with overflowing warmth that I can never forget what I felt that moment. I was left dumbfounded and caught off guard, watching him ruffling his hair with the handkerchief as he dries it.

"Minhee!"

I blinked like someone snapped me back to reality.Lily just awaken me from where my thought took me. I looked at her and she puckered her lips, gesturing me with a frightened wide eyes that sends me the signal of wrath I'll be taking. I reluctantly turned to face straight to the center where Ms. Shin is glaring at me with her glasses lying at the tip of her nose.

"Ms. Moon, I clearly asked for your answer not a staring contest here." Her firm voice made me gulped.

I stood from my seat with all eyes on me...again.

"I'm sorry, what was the question again?"

Ms. Shin moved to the side, revealing a long math equation. She pointed the chalk to me then motioned it to the board. I take it as my cue. I walked to the center and took the chalk from her and started answering the long equation and I have no idea how long I've been solving for it as long as I remember how to breathe...I'm fine with it.

 

 

 

It's been time freezing as Ms. Shin kept on calling my name—probably so that I can't be distracted but eventually, the bell rang and yes, I'm still alive...surprisingly. I'm relief that class is over but a part of me feels like it's a bad idea. My hands took their time on arranging my stuffs while I watch my new seat mate, Sehun. I can't help it. Like he's been a mysterious guy from the town that brought nightmares to my life and we met each other again—fate and destiny are in control.

"You're staring again." Sehun said without looking.

I felt my inside jumped all of a sudden. I was about to say something but it seems the words stuck in my throat that I feel like choking. What I'm feeling right now made it even worse when he turned his head and looked at me with those eyes.

"I'm sorry." I uttered.

I stood up, grabbing my bag. I wore it over my shoulders and gripped on the straps. Why do I feel so uneasy?

"Hm...don't be." He nonchalantly said.

He pushed his chair back, making a small noise. He stood up with both hands inside his pockets. Unexpected, he made two steps stopping in front of me with eyes never lasting stare through my soul. I have to look up because of the height difference. Sehun stared at me from head to toe then back to my eyes. Yes...he's creeping the hell out of me, making me feel intimidated by those eyes but why I can't resist? I can't even break the eye contact he's giving—I don't want to break it and I don't even know why.

"What?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

That was the first time of the day that I didn't stuttered in front of him. I tried so hard to see a change in his expression but I failed. It's like he's wearing a mask behind those emotions he should be showing. The next thing I know is him poking my forehead with his index finger. I blinked.

'What's up with this guy?'

"Yah." I glared.

Nothing changed. Sehun dropped his hand and walked passed me like nothing happened. I watched him walking out of our classroom and I don't know—he walks like a prince or something. It's very cool actually. I rubbed my forehead, trying to sink in what was that all about. 

"He's still weird." I mumbled to myself.

I turned my head to the side after I heard my name being called. It was Lily with eyes as big as they can be, mouth agape and stone like body. What's up with her this time?

"Hey, are you ok?" I shook her stiff shoulders.

That moment she blinked her eyes several times. 1, 2, 3—7 maybe? I was able to count it. I was waiting for her reply when she suddenly grabbed me by the shoulders and leaned closer that caught me by surprise. Her eyes bulging straight to mine.

"How long have you known him?!" Lily asked.

"Him?" 

"Sehun!"

"Oh," I released myself from her grip and shrugged it off. "I really don't know him instead we keep on bumping into each other. He was a total stranger, ok? I don't even know his name until today."

"Wow. Don't you know that you're the first person he ever take notice? EVER!" She said.

"Ok I think you're exaggerating. Can we go? I'm hungry." I said, trying to forget what we were talking about.

"Oh right! I'm starving myself too. Ms. Shin sure talks too much." Lily giggled. 

She took her bag and hugged the book she usually carries. We walked our way out of the room and as we passed by, I caught a glimpse of my classmates staring at me like I committed some crime or something.

Maybe Lily's right. But could that be really possible? That I'm the only first person Sehun ever talked to? Well, exception of our teachers probably. I shook off the thought not wanting to be bothered by it really.

 

 

Baekhyun was lying on the roof, rolling himself like a pup. He just woke up from a nap with his hair a little bit untidy. He blinked, clearing his vision. He then heard rustling coming from the side of the house. He crawled himself to the side, poking his head to look for the source of the sound. It was coming from the small garage they kept.

"Hmm..." Baekhyun frowned. 

He jumped off of the roof and eyes glaring at the bothering sound. He walked, taking a step inside the garage and saw Lay's back facing him. He tilted his head to the side before calling out his name.

"Lay? What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked.

Lay turned, looked back at the latter over his shoulder. 

"Oh, hey." Lay nod his head then back to what he was doing before Baekhyun interrupted. He was obviously looking for something. Clank, bang, the noise comes from the things he swept with his hands.

"What are you looking for? I can help you if you want." Baekhyun said.

He leaned to the wooden wall with arms crossed. While watching Lay do his work, he chewed his inner cheeks and wait for the latter to say anything. Eventually, Lay stood up straight and got something in his hand. He blew the dust off while Baekhyun raised his brows and pushed his lowers lips out.

"Going out?" Baekhyun said as he noticed the dagger in Lay's hand.

"Yeah." Lay shortly answered and walked passing by Baekhyun.

Baekhyun followed behind, stretching his arms out. He yawned softly, squinting his eyes as Lay kept on walking. Lay entered the back of their cabin and took his hoodie that's hanging behind the door. Baekhyun scratched his ears before throwing questions to Lay.

"Where to exactly?" 

"The university." Lay said.

"Ah...that university." Baekhyun grinned. "I'll come with you."

Lay wore the hood over his head and stared at Baekhyun for a moment then asked, "Why?"

"Can't I visit the place I used to be in?" Baekhyun was wearing a playful grin. He went on running to the front door when he stopped just in time before bumping into Tao who looked so damn serious. Baekhyun feel like he has to laugh at it—he did. He patted the Tao's shoulder and walked passed him.

"What's with that face?" He chuckled.

"Nothing." Tao said. He watched Baekhyun taking some things with him. "Anyway, did you see Sehun around?"

"Uh...nope. He stayed with Kai last night. Why?" Baekhyun asked. He took off his muscle tee over his head and throw it on the side. He then wore his hooded muscle tee and passed by Tao without letting him to reply.

"Hyung!" Tao called out.

Baekhyun groaned and looked at Tao with an annoyed look on his face.

"What?"

"He killed someone."

"He? Who's he?"

"Sehun." Tao firmly said.

There was a moment of silence. Baekhyun creased his brows then a grin slowly crept his lips. He started to break the ice and 

"All of us shed blood with our hands. Nobody's innocent—well are you?" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the jet-black haired brother of his. Tao looked away, didn't give any answer.

"Like I thought." Baekhyun smirked and run off to who knows where.

 

 

"Minhee! Our next class will be starting soon!" Lily yelled as I run my way to the girl's bathroom. 

I waved her away, telling that I'll follow. I really need to pee. How much water did I consume anyway? I went in to the free cubicle and yeah...I think you have the idea of what I did there. After releasing all the liquids I had drank, I washed my hands at the sink. I stared at my reflection on the wide mirror that runs to the end of the wall. I shuddered. A weird wave of wind just touched my delicate skin.

"Weird." I sighed.

I glanced at my wrist watch and I still have remaining time. I clutched at my bag and half way out of the bathroom, I was stopped by a bothering drip of sound. My brows furrowed together and my head just turned to look back by instinct. I just realized there's one cubicle which is closed. Probably I'm not alone here.

"Hello? Anybody here?" My voice echoed throughout the silent walls of the comfort room.

I made few steps, stopping near the sink. I'm pretty sure the sound didn't come from the faucets. They were all closed and no water's dripping out of it. Something fishy is going on here.

"Excuse me. Is there someone in there?" I asked again when I didn't receive a reply.

I lightly knocked at the closed cubicle and still...no answer. The curiosity is killing me. I pushed the door open and that's the biggest thing I will regret in my entire life. How I wish I didn't let my curiosity take over me.

The sight of a lifeless girl just about my age, bloods over her uniform and the dripping sound of it was the source of the bothering nose that intrigues me. I want to scream of this horrifying sight but it choked me. It was stuck in my throat that it left my mouth agape. I didn't realize a tear dropped from my eye until someone pulled me by the wrist, trapping me in its arms.

 


heyooo~ Sorry for the long wait of update guys.

I've been really busy with school and the lazy bum I am...I think I need to work with it X]]

Anyway, enjoy reading! Don't forget to subscribe, leave a comment and upvote if you think it's a wolf thing ;]]