The Vying Wolf

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

I didn't realize a tear dropped from my eye until someone pulled me by the wrist, trapping me in its arms. I literally screamed at the sudden pull. As a reflex, I pulled myself away from this person and the frightened look in me vanished away when I saw his face.

"K-Kai? What are you doing here?" 

My voice shakes. My breathing became heavier. I was panting as my chest heaves up and down and I don't know why. He ignored my question instead, he narrowed his eyes to the lifeless body in front of us. His nose sniffed, jaw flexed together.

"Human blood." He said between gritting teeth.

"What?"

He said it like he disgusts human blood—his own blood. I shrugged it off though. I can't calm down. So many questions are invading my head and I couldn't understand him. What kind of blood does he expect?

"We have to leave." Kai said.

He pulled me by my wrist forcefully and for Pete's sake! God, it damn hurts. I struggle from his grip, eventually freeing myself from his strong painful hand.

"What the hell?!" I snapped at him.

We stopped in the middle of the hallway. It was damn quiet that every move can be heard...even little things. The classes just started and it seems that no one's around right now and it makes it very scary. 

"What the hell what?" He irritatingly said.

"What are you doing? Do you think leaving her there was the great idea? We need to call for help moron!"

"Well thanks for screaming," He mockingly said. "I was just trying to help you out of trouble missy."

"Thank you but I think we should help that poor girl first."

I huffed and walked to the opposite direction. Ugh. This forever jerk. So insensitive. He didn't even think about that helpless girl dying of losing so much blood. I almost stumbled back when he grabbed my wrist again.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kai's stern voice sends me shiver.

"I'm going to call for help." I'm nervous of what might happen.

"So that's your great idea?"

Ok. That isn't my biggest idea but the way he said that just insulted me. I shook my head in disbelief then pulled my hand away. I decided to ignore him and just walk as fast as I can. It wasn't the best of time to pick up a fight with him. I'm worried about the victim here. This is the second time I saw a dead student in here.

"Don't you get it Minhee?" I heard his voice in my ear.

It sounded so close that in just a blink of an eye, I tilt my head to the side and Kai, walking just beside me. I literally jump at the shock he gave me. God, I might die because of him—how the hell did he manage to catch up anyway? I'm pretty sure he wasn't following me. The next thing I knew is he, putting his hands on my shoulder and made me stop.

"It's not safe. You don't even know who did that. I mean, who knows if the murderer is just around here." Kai explained.

That makes sense. That girl didn't simply die and bleed there. She was murdered. I was dumbfounded for a moment until until Kai snapped his fingers in front of me. I blinked and softened. He's right. I shouldn't be so reckless about this. After all this isn't the first time I saw someone died and that first incident in this school still lives in a box.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

I reluctantly looked at him and I did regret. He was wearing that annoying grin again that ticks me off. How can he act like nothing happened? I'm sure he noticed the glare in my eyes because that grin disappeared from his face.

"You should go back to your class now. You're late." Kai said and pushed me towards the direction.

"You really don't know how to treat a girl, do you?" I sarcastically said.

He just shrugged it off and watch me 'til I move my feet. I think he's waiting for me to leave. I know going back to my class, leaving a dead body in the girl's bathroom wouldn't doing anything to help would be wrong. But I just really need to trust this guy...even for once.

"Go. I'll take care of this. After all the teachers are used of me skipping classes." He casually said.

I was amused. It's like he's reading my mind but I couldn't help to worry. I keep on thinking about possibilities that might happen.

"But...it's the girl's bathroom. Wouldn't they throw questions?"

"I have my ways Minhee. Just go." Kai insist.

And from those words he gave me, I hold on to it and try to erase the horrifying picture inside my head. I have to rely on him. I sighed, watching every step I take. I might be safe after transferring home but creepy and mysterious deaths seems to be tailing my life...can it be?

 

 

Lay wiped his dagger covered with blood and washed it at the near drinking fountain. He gritted his teeth, showing one of his canine teeth growing slowly. It was natural especially for wolves to get high temper.

"I'll definitely find you...just wait."

There were too many people in that place. There scents have no exact location to be. It's like a trail they leave everywhere. Nevertheless, Lay breathe in, inhaling the strong trail his brother left. Once he spotted Baekhyun, he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"You don't mind skipping class?" Baekhyun huskily whispered.

The girl that's leaning on the wall, trapped in between Baekhyun's arms smiled. She shook her head, running a hand on the latter's shoulder that sends the signal of what she wants. Baekhyun smirked. He leaned closer, inching their faces. The tip of his nose touches hers and as the moment he capture her lips, Baekhyun felt a strong tug at the back of his collar. He stumbled and the girl got startled.

"Alright. Enough of games." Lay said, releasing his brother.

"What the hell?" Baekhyun glared.

"You..." Lay trailed his words, eyeing the girl in front of him carefully. 

The girl felt unease by the stare that Lay's giving her. She turned and looks at Baekhyun, feeling frightened. Baekhyun on the other hand, glared at his brother, exhaling exasperatedly. He gave a push on Lay's shoulder.

"Come on man. Don't scare her like that."

Baekhyun went to the side of the girl, holding her hand to make her feel comfortable. She gave a small smile.

"It's not her." Lay softly said.

It was almost like a whisper but it was audible for Baekhyun's ears. He gave him a weird look. 

"Seriously, what's up with you Lay?"

"Nothing," Lay shortly answered. "Come on, we have to go."

He turned his back and walked without waiting for the latter. He's in a hurry. If someone will discover a dead body, they would be in trouble. Not that he's afraid of something...it wasn't the right time.

"Wait, like now?" Baekhyun frowned. "We didn't even last for half an hour here!"

Lay stopped on his tracks, looking over his shoulder. He gave him the look that says 'don't-make-me-force-you-cause-you-won't-like-it-at-all'. Baekhyun bit his inner cheek. He was left with no choice...well does he? He wouldn't want to make a scene anyway. He pecked the girl's cheek and grinned.

"It's nice meeting you..."

"...Taeyeon."

"Right. Taeyeon. Be safe!"

Baekhyun was about to leave when the petite girl, Taeyeon, called out.

"When will I see you again?"

Baekhyun thought for a moment. A playful grin slowly crept his lips.

"...I'll see you around...I guess." He winked.

Baekhyun ran to catch up with Lay's pace. He put a hand on his shoulder and walked beside him. 

"Seriously, what's up with you?"

"I got the wrong girl." Lay casually answered.

"Wrong girl? What are you talking about?" Baekhyun has no clue of what's happening at all.

Lay didn't try to entertain him at all. They walked, passing by the second building and Baekhyun abruptly stopped. He has to stopped. He inhaled, glancing to where the distinct smell came from.

"Blood."

He turned to Lay and the latter just shrugged it off.

"Let's get out of here before humans hunt us down." Lay said and the crying sound of the ambulance is their cue to leave.

Both brothers jumped over the gates and walked like nothing happened. Lay pulled the hood over his head and put his hands inside the pockets of it. Baekhyun on the other hand, run his fingers across his hair and suspiciously looking at Lay.

"You're not telling me what's going on." He seriously said but Lay chose to ignore him.

 

 

"I don't understand why these things keep on happening." Lily said.

We were walking together. Classes are over and we are on our way home. 'Trust me, I'm rather feeling worst of what I saw back there'

"I never thought Dohee will be murder like that." Her voice softened.

"Same here. She looks like a sweet girl to me." I said, kicking a stone out of my way.

"Well she was a sweet girl. I just don't have any idea of someone hating her—she doesn't has any enemy for the record!" Lily threw her arms and she almost hit me. 

I sheepishly smiled at her. I tightly grabbed onto my bag's straps and watch every step I take. There was a moment of silence until Lily decided to break it.

"By the way, are you excited for class tomorrow?" Her tone changed.

She changed the topic to avoid thinking of a young life that's been taken and I think it was the right idea. I smiled at her, nodding my head. Tomorrow will be our history class and for the first time, I'm looking forward for this class. Talking about wolves and all, it makes me feel giddy in knowing more about them.

"I just got my book though. Maybe a little bit of reading would do." I said, lifting to show the book I got for a little research.

"Cool, " She paused and we both stopped on walking. "Here's my stop. We'll see each other tomorrow Minhee. Take care on your way home, ok?"

"You too." I gave a small wave as we parted.

She waved goodbye, turning on the corner of the street. 'Be safe Lily. I don't want to lose a friend again'. I frowned at the thought. The death of the student named Dohee reminds me of my best friend, Eunji. They were in the same age. I fought back the tears that built up in the corner of my eyes but I failed. Ugh, I hate drama so much yet I'm part of it—my whole life is a part of it. The night became colder and dimmer. I hugged myself for warmth and the ringing of my phone startled the hell out of me.

"Dad."

"Minhee, where are you? It's late."

I sighed and glanced at my wrist watch. It's only 6:25. 

"Just because it's dark doesn't mean it's late. I'm on my way. Bye."

"But—"

"Love you dad."

With that, I hung up on him. I smiled how caring my dad can be. I fasten up my pace so my dad could less worry about me. Street lights are shining bright and as the cold breeze brushed my face it sends shiver down to my spine. Cold! Maybe that's why there aren't so much people walking down the streets. But this is Seoul we are talking about. It is one of the biggest city in the world yet it seems like no one's living in here. Ironic it is and I hope someone can explain this.

Stop. I saw a shadow passed me but nothing—no one's in there. I looked around me and there are few people walking along but nothing strange...which on the contrary I feel something strange is happening. One step...two step, three, four and on and on. My eyes kept wandering. I feel like someone's watching me—tailing behind my back and once I turn around...I'll find nothing. Just like in the movies. And I'm not even in the movies! 

I reluctantly looked over my shoulder, hoping to see someone...or not. I closed my eyes, releasing air of relief. Thank God I didn't see someone...or that would be creepy. 

"Just walk and don't look back." I softly said to myself.

That's right Minhee. You don't have to worry at all. Your fine. This is my new life and I'm safer here. What happened back at the school was nothing. I am not the next victim...am I?


Sorry for the short update...but an update still matters, right? :]

I'll be busy starting tomorrow so...yeah. It's better to add a chapter. I hope you enjoy.

No silent readers...please? ^ ^ 

COMMENTS are LOVE~ and so UPVOTES are ;]]

goodnight everybody! -,- zzZZzzz