Friend or Foe?

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

Find it out yourself.

What does he meant by that? That jerk. Now he’s filling my head with his nonsense. Could it be just really nonsense? No, no, no. I know what I saw—or believe rather. He’s…someone I don’t know. Someone who can be I unexpectedly expect.

My body flinched so hard when a hand rested on my shoulder. Heart attack. I feel like my heart stopped beating for that moment.

“Lily!” I glared and she gives me that peace sign, mouthing ‘sorry’.

“Did I scare you?”

“No.” I rolled my eyes. My hand found its way to my chest and rubbed it slowly. I’m letting my breathing become normal…thanks to Lily who always sneaks around.

“Sorry. You were too occupied by your thoughts. I’m afraid you’ll be drifted away by it.” She smiled.

“What is it you need anyway?”

We walked to the school’s field and watch the athletes practice. There’s a big crowd watching a football game—practice.

“There will be a coming festival. The school celebrates this yearly and…” She stopped in front of me with a big smile on her face.

“What?” I raised a brow. I don’t really like it when she smiles like that. My conclusion always ends to something I don’t really like. Some kind of unwanted plan.

“You’ll be part of it.”

 

 

I walked faster and entered the cafeteria while Lily keeps on tailing my back.

“I said no.” I firmly said without any hesitations.

I couldn’t even count how many ‘no’s I have said already. I bet she can’t count the number of her ‘please’  too and here comes another one.

“Please? C’mon Minhee. The class needs you!” She begged.

I stopped on my tracks and turned to face her with a look on my face that screams, ‘I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE’.

“Just how and when did I become so important in the class? I’m a transferee Lily, if you could remember.”

“Well yeah but other classes expect something from our class! Especially for many years, class A always amazes people with the play they present.” She explained, gesturing her hand to this and that.

“Then let’s give them a play. I don’t have to play the lead role here.” I said and turned my back to her.

I took my tray and lined up in the cafeteria’s food counters. She’s here again. She lines behind me and yeah, carrying her tray.

“You don’t understand Minhee. You were already casted as the lead role.” She grinned victoriously at me.

“And who the hell would recognize me and cast me in a play?” I huffed.

She sheepishly smiled at me, slowly bringing her index finger…pointing at herself. My eyes widened and she mouthed another sorry. I closed my eyes, calming myself.

“Is this the part where I’m screaming the blame on you?”

“Hey I’m sorry! You fit the character well!” She scooted closer, nudging me at the side softly. “And so does you’re leading man.” She giggled.

Now what is this girl talking about? I have no time to play around. I’ve got so many things inside my head and now this?! Ugh…Lily…

“If you’re not the only friend I’ve got here…I could’ve punched you.” I said, frowning.

“You won’t do that.” She softly laughed but then stopped when I gave her the look that I’m serious. She just rolled her eyes and we got our food.

“Seriously Minhee. You should give it a shot. Everybody wants to take your role, especially knowing the leading man.” Lily winked.

O—kay. She gives me the chills. What leading man is she talking about? I narrowed my eyes at her, waiting for her to reveal this leading man she keeps on reminding me.

“Guess who…” She said, brows playfully wriggle.

 

 

“HAHAHAHA!!!” Kai keeps on laughing while Sehun stared at him like he’s gonna strangle the laughing brother anytime soon.

Sehun rolled the thick paper and hit Kai on the head as hard as he could. Kai yelped but didn’t mind to stop laughing. Eventually, he came to the point where tears build up in the corner of his eyes and he was out of breath. He stopped laughing but the annoying grin he wears didn’t make Sehun feel any better.

“Congratulations for getting the spot my brother.” Kai said, slumping his arm around Sehun’s shoulder.

“Does the look on my face says that I need to be congratulated?”Sehun mocked, rolling his eyes.

He never wanted the role anyway. He’s not into this stuff. Sehun let out an exasperated sigh and slammed his locker after slipping his script in.

“Chill man. Don’t worry. I’ll ask our brothers to come and watch.” Kai said snorting. Obviously, he wants to piss the latter.

“Don’t you have better plans than pissing me off with that ugly face?” Sehun nonchalantly said with a glare.

He walked and left the dumfounded Kai. Probably got surprised of Sehun’s remark.

“Yah! Who you call ugly face huh?” Kai said after catching up with Sehun’s pace.

They were arguing in the middle of a walk in the corridors and people were staring at them in awe. Speaking of coolness they bring, everybody just wants to be their friends.

“Don’t dare me to hurt you with the truth Kai.” Sehun smirked, glancing at the latter in the corner of his eyes.

“Seriously…you’re the first one to insult my gift of being so good-looking.” Kai grinned. He shook his head in disbelief.

Even though they don’t agree in everything, the two brothers have a different kind of bond that parts them to their other brothers.

Kai noticed that Sehun is in his deep thoughts. Probably still thinking about the play that he’s in. Kai grinned and patted his younger brother’s shoulder.

“You can back out you know. You’ve been skipping classes without complaints from the school, why not this, right?” Kai said.

“I can’t.”

“What’s stopping you?”

Sehun was in silence. He is usually quiet so Kai didn’t bother to pry further more. He knew Sehun always has his reason in everything. So...he has a reason too why he’s not backing out of the play, even if he doesn’t like it at all. There’s just something that’s telling him not to back out.

“C’mon. We’re late.” He said, fastening his pace.

Kai chuckled and followed after him. “I know!”

 

 

 

Lily knocks at the door of the teacher’s lounge. It had taken her a while to convince Minhee to take the lead role and after constantly nagging her, she finally said yes. With that thought in her head, Lily smiles as she walks inside. The strong scent of coffee immediately greeted her as she walks past the small cubicles that held each teacher’s desk, greeting everyone she sees. At the far corner of those cubicles lies the desk of Mr. Kang.

“Seongsaengnim, here’s the final cast for the play.” She said as she hands him the piece of paper where the names of everyone who will be involved in the play are listed. Mr. Kang sipped on his coffee as he scans the list and he almost spat it out when he saw Sehun’s name on the list.

“Lily I know that this is your first time as a playwright and I entrusted you to assign people which you think are suitable for the play but  Sehun?” Mr. Kang said incredulously, pausing a bit to calm himself down. “I mean, are you sure he’s willing? What if he screws the whole play by not appearing?”

“I’m sure seongsaengnim and don’t you worry, I already spoke to Sehun and he’s one hundred percent willing.” Lily said though it seems like a lie—cause it is a lie.

Mr. Kang stared at her and then sighed. “He better be.”

Lily smiled and bowed. “Don’t worry! They’ll make a perfect pair. And plus! They both fit the character well.”

“Arasso. I get it. Thank you and please, we can continue this meeting later. Our class is just minutes away.” Mr. Kang said, stretching his arms then took another sip of his coffee. “Aahh. This is the most delicious coffee ever.”

Lily smiled while shaking her head slowly. “I’ll take my leave then.”

Mr. Kang just waved his hand without taking his eye from the extra copy of the play’s script. Lily left the office, pumping her fist lowly for having Mr. Kang convinced of the casting she made.

“This will be exciting!”

 

 

“Ok now! Listen up please!” Mr. Kang clapped his hand to get his class’s attention.

“I know all of you know what will be this class’s contribution to the coming school festival and that will be a play…as usual.”

“What? Play some balls, running back and forth?” Jonghyun grinned, making a laugh at their class meeting.

“Ha-ha. That’s very funny Jonghyun but no. I think you should check your balls if you still have them…if you know what I mean.” Mr. Kang said, raising a brow and lowering his eyeglasses on the tip of his nose.

Everyone laughed—most of them laugh because some just finds it gross.

I find it gross.

“Ok. Enough talking. As early of now, I want to introduce our main actor and actress for the play.” He smiled and after he said those words, my heart started beating so fast.

Damn I’m so nervous. I hate attention and looks like I’m getting it now, especially with the grin on Lily’s face while giving me a fist pump. She’s standing beside Mr. Kang, as the playwright, she’s hugging a clipboard on her chest.

“Moon Minhee will be playing as Soon-Yi and Sehun as Chul-soo.” Mr. Kang happily announces.

Sehun?!

Now that’s why Lily can’t stop smiling at me. She planned all this, didn’t she? I never thought Sehun will be given a main role—not that he’s not excelling in everything but…he barely utter words. How can he perform a play?

“C’mon you too. Come in front so that everyone will acknowledge your big role.” Mr. Kang waved his hand to motion us to oblige.

I turned to my side to where Sehun’s sitting at. Ugh, seatmates we are. He was staring at his desk but then stood up after a minute. I just stared at him as he stopped beside me.

“You don’t want to be pulled, do you?” He nonchalantly said.

God. How cold can he possibly be? He can be very mean on his own little ways. So I stand up and we walk to the front of the class. This is embarrassing. I didn’t make eye contact with my other classmates and gave all my attention to my shoes. I felt him scooting closer to me because I felt his arm brushing against mine.

And then, he hissed softly just for me to hear. “Don’t expect too much. I never wanted this and I know you feel the same way.”

I raised my head to look at him and he was staring back to the class. Wearing his famous mask, some girls in our class started to gossip. I heard some were questioning why Sehun and I got the role. Even I question it.

Why?

“Ok now that we all know who the main characters are, let’s go on with the supporting ones.” Mr. Kang said and Lily handed him the clipboard she was holding.

“You two can go back to your seats.” He said to the both of us and we did.

Mr. Kang started calling out names and Lily’s busy taking note of them. She got a big job here. And then I notice something. She’s wearing a sling bag around her body. Ok I know it’s just a sling bag but what intrigues me is…why is she carrying it all the time? Even just for now she can leave it on her chair. Nobody’s going to steal it anyway…unless there is something to steal.

Hmm…fishy. I narrowed my eyes at her bag, hoping to find a glimpse of anything that’s inside of it. She moves and so does the bag. She took it off of her body and placed it on Mr. Kang’s desk. The flipped-over cover moves to the side and gave me an angle to take a fast glance at the inside of her bag.

A book.

Wait, can it be the book she always carries around? Probably. She never let go of that book and now, same with the bag. It can be that book that’s inside of it. That’s why she never let goes.

Book, book, book. What kind of book are you? I keep asking myself. I’m over thinking this. I can’t let myself be wash away by my thoughts again. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Ok. Class dismissed!” Mr. Kang’s loud voice made me open my eyes. The cheering of my classmates followed.

That was fast. Or maybe it’s just me? I can’t imagine how long I’ve been thinking about that book. I shook my head with the thoughts away. I stand up and carried my bag over my shoulder. As I looked over my side, Sehun wasn’t there anymore. Why does everything move so fast?

 Everything. Now I’m starting to wonder again. Speaking of everything but me, I think I’m the one who has a problem here. Maybe I’m taking too slow.

Everyone left the room already, even Lily. Now it’s just me and Mr. Kang. He sat in front of his desk and flipped over some papers. He wears his eyeglasses and realized I’m still here.

“Is there anything you need Ms. Moon?” He asked.

“U-uhm…” I’m caught off guard but this is an opportunity. Maybe I just have to ask him the question I keep throwing at Lily.

“Why me?” I said, walking in front of his desk.

“Why you?” He just answered my question with a question.

“Yes. Why me? This is my first school festival Mr. Kang. I don’t know anything about this. And…I don’t act.” The frustration in my voice caused some wrinkles in his forehead to appear.

“I’d always thought you’ll ask.” He smiled. “You see, I see potential on you Minhee. I know this is your first but you’re not alone. This is Sehun’s first participation to a class/school activity too.”

It’s his first too?

“I thought that making you and Sehun as the main characters will be a great challenge for me. Especially this is my first time too, handling a play especially such a clever class—that’s challenging!” He explained and laughed.

“Wait—this is your first too?!” I wasn’t able to stop my surprise.

Mr. Kang chuckled and nodded his head. “I always thought it would be nice. You know, first timers always have surprises.” He winked.

I sheepishly smiled at him and bowed casually before I left the room. Surprises huh? What a bittersweet word. I’m used to surprises yet I still hate them. The word ‘surprise’ somehow gives me the chill. When everyone’s thinking about it to be a good thing, well it’s the contrary for me.

 

 

Dark, cold but soothing night. I’m walking home late again. Ugh. So many school preparations and activities. I pulled my coat closer, hoping it would fill my body the heat I need. I’m so stressed right now. My body, my mind…

“HELP! I’m drowning!”

My head abruptly turned to where the voice came from. Psh. It’s him. My brows met and I frowned when I saw his annoying grin plastered on that face.

“Jerk. What’s up with you?” I said, glaring at him.

“I’m drowning because of your deep thoughts.” Kai grinned even wider.

He’s leaning on a bricked wall beside the café. He has his long-sleeve uniform’s buttons undo, revealing a black shirt inside of it. His arms crossing over his chest and that look he’s giving me makes me even more stress. Like he’s doing it on purpose just to make me irritated. I just didn’t let him get into me. I walked passing by him and ignore his presence.

“Hey wait up!” He laughingly ran and walked by my side.

“I don’t have time for any of your nonsense Kai.” I casually said.

“I’m just gonna ask you a coffee…”

“Go buy a coffee somewhere. I don’t have your coffee for Pete’s sake.” I rolled my eyes when he stopped in front of me, blocking my way.

He laughed and said, “Not that. I’m gonna ask you out for a cup of coffee Ms. Tough girl.” He moved his brows up and down.

“Is this another trick of yours?” I narrowed my eyes.

Kai shook his head, forming his lips into thin line. “I saw you drowned in your thoughts—and cold. I just thought to offer you some coffee.”

“I’m in a hurry. It’s getting late.” I moved to the side to walk pass by him.

“Ah-uh. You’re coming with me.” He grabbed my arm and dragged me back to the café we passed by. He opened the glass door and pushed me in. And in that moment, I know I have no choice.

“You really don’t know how to treat a girl, huh. Now why am I wondering? Psh.” I glared but he ignores my complaints.

He pulled me to the counter and started to make orders. Aish. What’s up with this guy anyway? And when did he learn to do treats?

“Oi. You can’t keep people waiting for your order just to glare at me. What’s yours?” He said poking my forehead.

“I told you I need to get home now.”

“Your order.” He insisted.

“If I do an order will you let me go?” I had enough. I just want to go home. He raised his brows and I think that’s a yes.

“Just—get me a latte.” I exasperatedly sigh.

“A latte it is! You heard her miss.” He said and winked at the barista who seems to be enjoying his flirting.

Ugh. Gross. I rolled my eyes when he widened his grin. He’s cute when he smile but certainly, all of that would be forgotten when it annoys you. He handed me the two coffees and he leaned over the counter. Now what he’s trying to do? My eye narrowed as I watched him placing his lips on the barista’s ear, also leans closer.

“I think I’m going to vomit.” I mumbled softly and left him. I’m feeling nauseous of what he was doing back there.

“Yah! Wait up!” He came out from the café running towards me. He took his coffee out of my hand and smiled.

“Why did you leave me?”

“I don’t have time to watch you flirt with that girl.” I said, rolling my eyes.

He laughed and it made me even more annoyed. I closed my eyes, inhaling a deep breath. That’s right. I have to calm down. Ignore him. I walked faster, taking a hold of the coffee closely. It’s so warm.

“Yah! Why are you so hurry?” Kai said after catching with my pace.

“It’s none of your business.” I shortly replied.

“Are you avoiding me?” He said that made me look at him.

He wears a big grin on his face and please tell me what’s more annoying than that.

“So I’m right. You’re avoiding me. Is it because of what I said the last time we talked?” The grin on his face disappeared.

Now he makes me nervous. I threw my vision away and I don’t know why but my feet slowly made small steps, giving distance away from him.

“Look Minhee. I know you’re wondering how and why I did that but please don’t take what I said so serious. It’s nothing.” Kai nonchalantly said.

“Nothing? How can it be nothing when I feel something’s not right and you popping everywhere scares me!” I wasn’t able to hold it back.

The next thing I knew is him, taking steps closer to me and he leaned his face closer and I have to take a step back. He smiled.

“Don’t worry. I can assure you, I’m a good guy—sometimes.” And that smile turned into a grin.

I don’t know why I’m not saying anything or screaming at his face. If it is because I’m speechless or I just like him this way…calm and less annoying.

“Hey! You two! Come back here!” A man’s screaming voice broke the intense look he was giving me.

It’s the guard of that coffee shop we came in. Why is he screaming and why is he running towards us? I looked at Kai but he smiled ear to ear. He grabbed my hand and I glared at him.

“Run.” He said and we did.

“Why are we running?!” I yelled and I already dropped my coffee because he’s going too fast.

He laughed hysterically and said, “Because he’s chasing us!”

“Why?!” The heck. Why can’t he just answer a simple question?

“Because I didn’t pay for the coffees!” He laughed.

He didn’t pay? So I was drinking a stolen coffee? What the hell! And he can really laugh about it huh. So that’s why he was flirting at the barista. Distracting her from doing her job well. Ugh. This guy is crazy.

“Faster!” He fastened his pace and for the love of God! I can barely feel my legs!

“YOU JERK! I HATE YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!”

Once again, the answer to all my screaming at him is his childish laugh. Looks like I can't do anything about it.


Hey guys. I know you've waited for so long. It's just my summer plan for my fanfics were ruined.
Frankly, I had unexpected plans and was busy lately. That's why I can't afford to do this alone.
And yes, my friend here ChocolateDreamer is very willing to help and because she loves this fic so much. :))
Please bear with me. I love you all.

ChocolateDreamer as my co-author ;))

 

Come on guys! Don't be shy to give feedbacks. It's our vitamins in writing \m/

Patience. There are so many things to reveal in each character

Subscribe.Comment.Upvote.Love ♥