015

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

The noise from the crowd called the attention of Lay. He turned his head from where the commotion’s coming from and his eyes widened in surprise when he saw his brother tearing a karaoke machine into pieces in the middle of the city.

“.” He cursed under his breath.

Lay pulled the hood over his head and ran to rescue Tao. He grabbed him and disappeared in the shadows. The people were left dumbfounded. They came forward to the broken karaoke machine and out of that silence, they broke into loud chatters and now turned into a new gossip of the city.

“What the hell were you thinking?!” Lay shook Tao’s shoulder, gripping on it tightly while the latter looked at anywhere but him.

Tao slapped the hands of Lay and turned his back to him. “Please,” The sarcastic tone evident in his voice. “Cut the crap out.” He looked over his shoulder and saw the puzzled look on Lay. “You don’t need to act like you care.”

“What is this all about now?”

“What is it about?” Tao’s voice became stronger and louder. He faced Lay with piercing eyes and gritting teeth. “All of you say you really care but the truth is you really don’t. It’s always Sehun! I did everything that won’t risk the family’s safety but Sehun would always be in the picture when the truth is, it’s all his fault why we are hiding.”

“Safety?” Lay snorted. “I think you’ve forgotten something little brother, we are the threat in their lives, not the contrary.”

“See?! Everything I say or do is always wrong. So stop acting like you care about me.”

And for that moment, Lay narrowed his eyes and was in deep thoughts. Tao huffed thinking that Lay wasn’t even listening. He was about to walk away when the voice of Lay spoke.

“It’s not just you, Tao.” Lay made sure he caught Tao’s attention before continuing whatever he wants to say. The stop of the latter was his cue. He smiled-an evil smile crept his lips.

“I’ve been living my life for survival. I’m a predator waiting for my preys in the shadows before taking what I deserve. Even if it means the blood of my own blood.”

“What do you mean?” Tao turned and faced Lay with his brows furrowed.

“Power will keep us alive. And that’s what I’m after for.” Lay turned his head and stared at the moon in the dark sky. Tao still didn’t get what he meant by that so he asked further.

“Kai’s pendant is nowhere to be found. I’m trying to get it first before he lays a hand on it.”

They were in a dark alley and every time a noise comes near, they stepped back to hide in the shadows.

“But father gave each one of us our own pendant-”

“You don’t need to stay on the ground when you can actually fly.” Lay smirked and walked passing by Tao’s side. “I told you power will keep us alive. A single special ability does not make us powerful…only a coward beast.”

Lay looked at Tao as he stopped. “We’re born as a beast not a pup. I’m going to look for Kai’s pendant. And oh! Nobody knows my plan but you.” He winked and left wearing his hood. Tao stayed still. It seems like the words of Lay played along inside his head.

Power will keep us alive.

 

 

“Cut!”

Mr. Kang yelled through a rolled paper. Everyone turned to him and he was wearing a serious look on his face. He walked then stopped in front of me. What now?

“Minhee, do you have an eye problem of some sort?” He said and put both hands on his waist. He’s watching me intently.

I shook my head as an answer. What does he meant by that anyway?

“You don’t? Good! Now when I say eye contact, eye contact! Break only the connection when I say cut. Do you get that?”

Without any hesitations I nodded my head. Mr. Kang walks down the stage muttering words which I could I actually understand. He’s been complaining about this scene. Well can he blame me? If you were to look at the coldest person you’ve ever met for a long time without breaking gazes, who wouldn’t be uncomfortable with that? Pssh.

“Alright! Take 7 and action!” Mr. Kang yelled and we did it over again.

“Don’t look away.” Sehun softly muttered while his eyes on me.

‘Don’t look away, don’t look away, don’t look away...’

I keep that inside my head until the word that I’ve been waiting was said.

“...And cut! Good job everyone!” Mr. Kang said with a smile.

Finally it’s over. Well, not totally over but at least I’m off for today. We haven’t gone half of the play yet anyway. My classmates left the auditorium already and I’m left, sitting on the stage’s floor. Mr. Kang gave me a thumb up then left.

“Finally...” The word escaped my mouth as I let my back touched the wooden floor. I stayed still, lying there while staring at the ceiling.

And oddly, I remembered how he was staring into my eyes. Sehun. I tapped my fingers on the floor trying to distract myself from thinking of him. I heard light footsteps and so I raised my head a little bit to know who it is.

“Sehun.” His name softly escaped my lips.

He has his back face to me as he walked out of the auditorium without leaving a single word. What a mysterious man you are Sehun.

 

 

 

A big crowd greeted Sehun the moment he was out of the auditorium. Noise—the noise made him peevish. He made his way through the big crowd on the hallway to find a peaceful place. On the way, Kai walked beside him.

“Have you heard what happened last night?” The latter said without taking a glance at Sehun.

“I did.” Sehun shortly answered.

“Smells like someone’s in trouble.” Kai chuckled.

Both brothers got out of the school building and headed to the city where the incident that they’ve been talking about happened last night.

“Tsk. I can still smell Tao here.” Kai crossed his arms over his chest while crinkling his nose.

They were standing in the area where the said karaoke machine was torn by a “mad man,” the people said.

“Lay’s been here too.” Sehun added. 

Kai looked at him after he mentioned Lay’s name. He gritted his teeth just by hearing his name. He still can’t believe how desperate Lay would want to have his power.

“That guy. I bet he was searching for my pendant and saw Tao, leaving him no choice but to bring our pathetic brother out of the trouble he made.” Kai scoffed.

“I know where your pendant is.” Sehun nonchalantly said.

“No way!” Kai was in disbelief. He turned to the latter with eyes widened. Sehun though, just looked at him with bored eyes.

“I’ll get it for you. You don’t have to know where.”

“Why not? It’s mine anyway.”

“You’re very reckless brother. I’m afraid your fingers might lay a scratch on her.”

“Her? So a girl has my precious power.” Kai smirks giving Sehun an accusing look. Sehun glared at him and walked away, leaving the laughing brother behind.

“Oh c’mon! I don’t mind if she’s your type.” Kai continued to laugh, finally caught up with Sehun’s pace. “Just let me take a good look of her pretty face.”

“Cut the crap Kai. Once I changed my mind, you will never have your precious pendant.” Sehun threatened. This time, it was his turn to smirk. Kai gave him an annoying look—face pulled together while glaring at the latter.

“You’re being naughty.”

“Look who’s talking.” Sehun scoffed.

Kai laughed. He placed his arm around Sehun’s shoulder and pulled his younger brother closer.

“I hate it when you’re being a smart .”

“As much as I do when you’re being an idiot most of the time.” Sehun grinned and after that, he felt Kai’s hard knuckle landing on his head.

“Damn you.” He groaned.

 

 

Everything is set on place already. I’m back to our classroom and currently fixing my things before going home. I’m all alone and it seems like everyone went home after a tiring day of preparations and practice. Then suddenly, unexpected footsteps startled me. It came from Lily who came to take her stuffs (mostly her papers). She looked at me for a moment then smiled.

“Will you be fine if I’ll go ahead? My uncle’s waiting for me.” Her voice echoed inside the room. I pulled my lips together and gave her a nod.

“Yeah. Be careful.” I softly said but it was enough for her to hear since the room was filled with nothing but disturbing silence.

You be careful.”

Lily left the room and I was left dumbfounded. What does she meant by that? I know there is something more of what she said. Like what they say, ‘read between the lines.’ I tried to shrug the thought off. It only gives me chills especially that I’m all alone.

I forgot how the time passed by and as I turned to the window, the sun is already setting. The room is lighted with bright orange, reflecting the sun set. It almost screams for flame. For a moment, it took my breath away. I just want to stay for a little more minutes and stare at the big flaming sun as it gives way for the moon. Somehow I have forgotten the things that bother me.

“It’s getting late.”

I flinched at the sudden voice that broke my thoughts. I was so carried away that I didn’t notice someone entered the room but it’s impossible that I haven’t heard a single footstep since the room was complete silent.

I turned around and Sehun was staring at me. He walks to his seat which is beside me and took his bag. No words were uttered. No one dares to talk. He stared at me, straight in the eyes—I feel like melting by his cold eyes, how ironic. Just then, he looked away and walks towards the door.

What’s his problem?

I watch him silently and before he completely left the room, he stops.

“Go home.”

It was short but it means a lot for me. I don’t even know why, how odd. Even though he didn’t say anything aside from commanding me to go home, I feel like he cares after all. Weird but I’m hoping it’s true.

“Crap.” What the hell? It’s funny how he could leave me so lost with his words and now I totally forgot what time it is.

6:06 PM. That’s what my watch says. As I glance back to the window, the sun can be barely seen as it buries itself deeper. The flaming light that was crawling inside the room is now replaced by the mysterious shadow of the dark.

The night is coming

I unconsciously swallowed my saliva—almost feels like my throat’s getting even drier. Only few walks on the corridor and I’ll eventually leave the campus. It’s getting darker. I must hurry.  I shouldn’t be out so late. The image of the wild man—almost like a beast, tearing the karaoke machine last night flashes inside my head. I couldn’t help but cringe. I just...didn’t expect for that to happen. I fastened my pace and as I turned to my right, my body bumped to someone I don’t know.

I took a few steps back because of the impact but before I could fall to the ground, the man caught me by my arms.

“Are you alright?”

His unfamiliar voice called out to me. I wanted to nag at him for that strong hit to me but then for the second thought, it wasn’t his fault at all and! He also caught me before I fall.

“I’m fine. No wo—“

As I slowly raise my head, I saw the man’s face. It’s him. My heart skips a beat as the man who was the beast last night stared directly to my eyes.

"Miss?" The strange man asked again. I touched his hands that was on my arms to release myself from his grip. I was surprised though. His body heat isn't normal. Like he has a burning fever.

"I-I'm fine." Damn. Even my tongue cringe in fear.

Then unexpected—really unexpected thing he did that I didn't expect for him to do! This man in front of me smiled.

Why is he smiling?

"I-I have to go." I said to avoid him. I walked, passing by his side but stopped right away when he called out.

"Do you need company? I can walk you home if you want." He said, having a little bit of accent.

"No!" 

It was too late for me to stop myself for screaming. The look on his face was startled of my sudden outburst. Even though I have a strange feeling—fear, I still thought that it's rude to act that way. After all he's just offering some company...does he?

"I mean no." This time, softer. I looked down for a moment then looked at him. "I'm sorry. I really need to go."

I fastened my pace then my feet just run. I run as fast as my legs can go and turned into a dark alley for a stop. I leaned my back on the cold bricked wall and feel my heavy breaths. I closed my eyes, thinking about what I just did. I ran and I don't even know why. 

Because he's dangerous

Dangerous. Right...what the hell am I thinking? Psh. Too impossible that I have forgotten what he did last night. Danger is tailing me. I shouldn't trust people around me. There's no way to trust anyone except from my family and myself.

I remember last night, that man has this flaming colour of eyes. His orbs were yellow––gold! So familiar. Where have I last seen them?

They were staring deeply in my eyes, like it was staring through me. I wanted to run. I wanted to hide but there's nothing I can do. My feet were glued on the ground and the longer it stares at me...the more my knees weaken.

"Minhee!" 

I flinched when it moved, disappearing in the dark.

Damn.

Now I know why it looks so familiar. Those eyes were the ones watching over me back in our village before. My last night of staying there. The last night away from murder…I hope. I couldn’t explain what I’m feeling right now. Nervous, scared, paranoid…is it really possible that he’s the one that’s following me? My heart throbs of the thought. Whatever it is, I need to get home.

 

I bumped to someone really hard when I turned to my right and I jumped in panic. Thinking about my worst nightmare coming to take my life away. And now, my heavy breathing chokes me. I can't die yet, not now.

“You scared me!” I snapped before I could even stopped myself.

“What are you doing here?” Sehun’s stern voice brought me back to reality.

He was glaring at me and for no reason, I did the same thing to him as well. He’s being mean again.

“None of your business.” I nonchalantly answered.

His brows arched together, lips parted ready to say something—more of scolding but he held it in. He closed his agape mouth and looked over my shoulder, scanning the smoky and filthy alley.

“We need to get out of here.” He said and walked, leaving me behind.

“Such a weirdo.” I mumbled and went on my own. I walked on the opposite direction Sehun took and was thinking of how to get home. Can’t blame me, I’m new to this city. Even though I stayed here for days—weeks maybe, I can’t still memorize different locations. And now, I don’t know where I’ve gone to.

Stupid panicking.

Yeah I know, panic saved my life yet it brought me to the place where I don’t even know. In short, I’m lost.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone grabbed my hand. He has a big hand. How did I know that it’s a he? Simple. I know this kind of feeling the first time I touched him. Sehun. I flinched a bit when he pulled me closer, turning my body around to face him.

“Where do you think you’re going?” His voice tough but still, eyes glued to mine.

“And what do you think you’re doing?”

“Don’t answer me with a question.”

I just looked at him and I could feel the tension between us. Not that bad kind of tension. Just…tension. What’s his problem? All of a sudden he just grabs a hold of me and starts nagging at me.

“What?” He frowned when he caught me staring silently.

“You’re hurting me.” I looked away, softly saying those words.

His grip on my arms softened, almost releasing me. He takes a step back and muttered, “Sorry.”

There was an awkward silence surrounding us. People were passing by, different color of lights engulfing the whole place. I reluctantly glanced at him and when I did, only to find him staring at me. No matter how strange he can be, I still can’t deny from myself how he fills my tummy with butterflies with his eyes. I looked away and cleared my throat, trying to get out of the ‘awkward zone.’

“Where are we?” I changed the topic, letting my eyes wander around the place.

The place is so…alive. How come I haven’t noticed? There are several of stalls and people were all happy in this place. Somehow, I feel less scared when I’m here. I feel…

“Wow.”                                                    

My eyes are glued on the different colors of lamps, hanging around the wires.

“You seem to be really amazed by this place.”

I turned when Sehun spoke up. The corner of his lips curved up a little. He’s smiling.

“You’re smiling.” He said.

That’s supposed to be my line! But…I do? I haven’t realized that. I couldn’t believe that lights and people happy around me can light up my mood. It’s relieving that there’s nothing to be worried about. Nothing to be scared.

“You are too.” I smiled even more. When I said those words, he immediately frowned. What the hell?

I couldn’t hold it anymore. A laugh escaped my lips. I find it really cute—like really. The way he’s hiding his smile…

“Whatever runs inside your head, end it.” Sehun poked my forehead. Aish, it’s becoming his habit now. “I’ll walk you home.”

“W-wait! Like now?”

I was startled when I heard the word ‘home.’ If home was the only thing I wanted before, now I just really want to stay…even just for a while. I don’t want to leave yet. I don’t want to feel scared again.

“What? You know you’re way home?” He scoffed.

Mean. This guy is really mean. I wonder if he gets monthly period—

“Why would I get a monthly period?” He snapped that broke my thoughts.

“Hey! How did you—“

“You were thinking out loud human.”

Okay. That was embarrassing.

He made a click with his tongue. “If you won’t come with me, find way on your own.”

He left me and I’m here, still having a battle with myself. My eyes keep on glancing with this place to Sehun’s back facing my direction. I rolled my eyes and ran after him. I don’t have a choice.

“Yah! Don’t leave me here!”


Hey guys. I decided to update after 12394028624441733 years.

How I wish you guys could understand my situation...our situation.

My highschool life is actually SCHOOL.

-___-" There are so many activities and I still have an upcoming competition in cartooning

Especially we're graduating already. If only I could take a break from school.

We just finished sportsfest and next week will be a hell of "projectfest"

So before I'll become busy again, here's an update! Love.love. <3

Subscribe.Comment.Upvote.Love ♥