The Mad Wolf

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 


 

Everything’s back to normal now…except for Taehyung.

This is our last day of training camp here and I’m sure Mr. Kang will take his every chance to help us get better with acting. Probably the boys are getting ready. Watching from the window of our room, everyone seems hyped. Preparing the things we need, boy they are working so hard. Sehun and I should really pay off their hard works. Speaking of that guy…last night—

‘Wait! Why am I blushing?’

I shook my head to get rid of him from my head but I guess it would be pretty impossible now that I saw him outside, leaning his back on a tree. I bet he’s sleeping again, tch.

“Minhee, we’ll be starting in ten minutes.” Lily said with a smile, as usual.

She was tidying her bed and arranging all the scripts. I should get ready too, I guess. Putting my sweater on, I put all the stuff that was on the side table back to my bag. It’s better if I pack early. I took my book, lifting it up and was surprised that something’s actually missing.

‘Aish, where is it?’

I cleared everything that’s on the side table, looking for the pendant that I was keeping for a long time now. I cannot lose it.

“You ok?” Lily broke in to my worry.

“My pendant, I can’t find it. I’m sure I placed it here.” I frowned as I glance back at the now empty table.

“That’s odd. It’s just the two of us here and I swear! I didn’t take anything unless…” she trailed her words that made me wonder more. “…unless someone got in aside from us.”

‘Someone…else?’

There is only one person in my head right now. And it’s no other than, “Sehun.” I whispered to myself.

All I know was that he was the last one who came in. The book! I glanced at the book that he read last night. He probably saw the pendant underneath it. But, why would Sehun take it? I’m still thinking about other possibilities when suddenly; Lily held my arm that broke my trance.

“We’ll eventually find it Minhee but right now, we have to move on.” She said.

Right. Move on. It’s too easy to say that but not so simple to do. I let an exasperated sigh and nodded. Maybe she’s right. I’ll probably find it later. And so, we left our room and made sure it was locked.

 

###

 

The moon forest was quiet as it was before and in the heart of it, lies the home of the wolf boys. Lay, who just came home, looks around for a bit before going in.

As he pushed the door open, he plans to go straight to his room. Unfortunately, his brothers were in the living room lazing around. He has to pass by whether he likes it or not. Lay sighed first and pushed back his hood off of his head as he walked over Baekhyun who lying freely on the floor.

“Yah, where have you been?” Xiumin spoke up, staring intently at the back of Lay.

The latter stopped and faced his brother who’s patiently waiting for an answer. Xiumin was sitting on the couch with Kyungsoo who was fast asleep.

“Just mind your own business.” Lay shortly answered.

Chanyeol, who was sitting in front of the TV screen, heard Lay’s rudeness. He turned his head to Lay and glared. “What’s up with you?”

“Nothing. You guys should just stop minding others business.” Lay said.

Before Baekhyun could say something as a fire back, Suho came in that made everyone turn to him. The eldest brother looked around and when he hasn’t found what he was looking for, he let out a heavy sigh.

“You, what’s up with you?” Xiumin asked.

“Tao’s still not around. I wonder if he’s ok.” Suho worriedly said.

Hearing Tao’s name, Lay raised his brows in amazement. He secretly smirked and shook his head slowly. Knowing that Tao’s rebellion was still ongoing, he thought that everything will be easier for him. His brothers will get distracted and worry that means he could do things without anyone getting in his way…but the two maknaes, Sehun and Kai, will surely be a problem.

“You guys worry too much.” It was Luhan. He finally came and joined in. “It’s not like Tao always stays here if he’s around. He’s been always around the woods.”

“Lu’s right. He’s big enough for us to worry about.” Baekhyun casually said as he rolled over and lied on his stomach.

Without any notice, Lay made his way to his room and silently closed the door. He took out his dagger from his jacket and threw it on his desk. It’s been awhile he hasn’t slept on his bed and that’s just what he wants at the moment.

 

###

 

The warm sunlight just defeated the cold breeze. We’re outside gathered on a long wooden table placed at the center where the cabins were surrounding it. Mr. Kang only let us practiced for two hours and the rest of the day is for a little celebration. He said we should have fun and everybody’s busy preparing food for our little feast before we go home. We’ll stay half of the day and then it’s time for us to go back home. So far, everything’s okay. Nobody’s hurt and no weird things took place that I was expecting and fearing at the same time.

“You just can’t stop over thinking, can you?”

I stopped from peeling a potato and raised my head. It was Sehun as usual, giving me that bored look in his eyes. I placed my hands on the table and frowned at him.

“And you just can’t stop from interfering, can you?”

He smirked at me as his eyes we’re telling me, ‘congratulations-you-just-amazed-me-for-that-counter.’ Coming to my side, he tilted his head and glanced at my ankle.

“Don’t worry. It’s a lot better now.” I said and smiled but that smile didn’t last long when he looked at me with brows pulled together.

“Who told you I’m worried?”

Seriously, can’t he just be nice or he’s just making fun of me? Last night he was different though sarcasm never left his being. Now that it reminds me, last night, he was the last one I know who came to our cabin. I don’t want to suspect that’s why maybe it’s better to ask him directly before I could think of something bad.

“Sehun, by any chance, have you seen a pendant underneath that book you checked last night?”

He stopped flipping beefs on the grill and looked at me with a bored look. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked. He probably thinks that I’m accusing him.

“N-nevermind…m-maybe I just misplaced—“

“I haven’t.” I was surprised when he answered, cutting me off. He then returned his attention in grilling steaks. I sighed.

I hope he’s not mad. I just went back to peeling the potatoes. Lily and Taehyung are across me, chopping some more ingredients. Taehyung has been really quiet especially when Sehun’s around. I glanced at the cold guy beside me and I was right, he’s still has his eyes on Taehyung. I’m starting to wonder if he’s gay for him or something.

I grinned at the thought.

I can never imagine what would happen next if that’s true. Giggling to myself, I felt Sehun poked my head. Aish, this guy.

“Stop that. You’re making a fool of yourself.” He said.

Still, I couldn’t stop. I just think it’s really funny though it didn’t last long as Lily’s voice came to view.

“Yah! You’re not doing it right!” She nagged at Taehyung who was, surprisingly blankly staring at me while chopping some vegetables. From hearing Lily’s nagging, he flinched and snapped out of it but accidentally cut his skin in the process.

“Ouch!” Taehyung gasped.

The blood oozed out from his finger, dark and cruel. The sight of it makes me cringe. I looked at Taehyung and just from the look of his face, I know it did really hurt. Putting the knife that I was holding, I went to his side and grabbed his arm. I can’t stand watching him endure the pain.

“C’mon. Let’s treat your wound.”I said, dragging him to a shack where most of the class’ equipment’s and other stuffs were placed, including the first aid kit.

 

3rd POV

Minhee immediately went to the drawers, looking for the first aid kit. She needs to treat Taehyung’s wound…or maybe it’s just because she doesn’t want to see some more bleeding. She had enough—too much already. While she’s still on it, Taehyung was busy watching her back that’s facing him.

His hands began to tremble. Slowly swallowing an imaginary lump in his throat, he looked down to his right hand just to realize that he’s still holding the kitchen knife tightly. He blinked rapidly. Nervousness and guilt started to swallow him up. He was afraid. Afraid of what’s happening…of what he might do. His forehead started to sweat despite of the cold weather. His body was trembling as he slowly lifted up the knife in his hand. His vision began to blur when tears begin to reign in his eyes and slowly ran down from the corners of it.

‘Minhee, mianhe. Jeongmal mianhe.’

His hands quiver even more. He took heavy footsteps towards Minhee who wasn’t aware of what’s happening. She just found the first aid kit at the very top most of the cabinet and was reaching for it while Taehyung’s anxious but ready to take her life.

“Don’t even think about it.”

Abruptly dropping the knife out of his grip to the dirty ground, Taehyung turned around to be greeted by the gloomy look plastered on Sehun’s face. He was glaring very intently that Taehyung could feel he was being strangled through his eyes.

Minhee though, just gave up on the first aid kit that was out of her reach. She dropped her tiptoed feet onto the ground and turned. She was surprised of how Sehun was glaring. Before she could say something, Sehun walked towards her and took the kit effortlessly and shove it to Taehyung’s chest that made the latter coughed out a heavy breath because of the strong impact.

“Yah, what’s up with you?” Minhee glowered at Sehun as he grabbed her arm.

“Let him treat his wound.” Sehun casually said, eyes still looking at Taehyung.

The latter looked down, too ashamed and mad of himself at the same time. There were no more words to waste when Sehun dragged Minhee out of the shack but before stepping out of the door, Sehun stood still and said his last warning without looking back.

“Better stay away from her or else…”

Those were the only words he said but brought a lot of questions to Minhee’s curios mind. She glanced at Taehyung one more time who looked at her sadly but then she was pulled again by Sehun. She wasn’t able to protest because her mind was somewhere else, drifting to the thought that Taehyung is not the person she knew anymore. That was the first time she saw his eyes so wretched and probably will be the last time as well.

 

###

 

It’s time to go home. Everyone else was getting on the bus while I’m here, inside of our cabin, still looking for that pendant. I know I don’t know where to use it but it could be a very important clue behind Key’s death…or maybe for Dohee’s. Frustration took the best of me. I slumped myself on my bed, silently staring at the ceiling.

“I’m sure I put it right there.” I mumbled to myself.

I really don’t want to point a finger here, but Sehun left me with no more options. And if it’s really him, what could be the possible reason for him to take it?

Think Minhee, think.

Closing my eyes, I let my subconscious drift me back to my memories.

“Say, have you seen a triangle pendant?” Sehun asked.

“A triangle pendant with a swirling circle between it.” He explained without even sparing a glance in my direction.

I flashed my eyes open abruptly. I hardly catch my breath after that flashback my mind have come to dig within. Of course, he was so into that pendant.

“It can’t be.” I feel…betrayed. Sehun acts like he cares for me but here he goes, saying lies and even steals something which he knew was important to me.

Why? Sehun why?

“Minhee?” There was a knock but I didn’t bother to move.

“Minhee! There you are. The bus is leaving soon.” It was Lily.

Get a grip Minhee. You have to be strong. Don’t let him ruin you. I sat up and came up with an excuse that I fell asleep. Lily came and sat beside me, gave me a small smile and reached her hand to my face.

“You’re crying, silly.” She said as she wiped a tear from my cheek.

Am I? I was so stupid not to notice and Lily has to see me like this. That’s why my vision blur, stupid me. Wiping off the tears from the corners of my eyes, I flashed a sheepish smile, fooling myself that I’m perfectly fine.

“I’m ok. It’s just nothing.” I faked a chuckle.

But I guess Lily didn’t buy that excuse this time. Instead, she pulled me for a hug, patting my back gently. I didn’t cry. I just stayed still and let her comfort me. Maybe that’s what I need right now. After Sehun broke my trust in him when I thought we’re being friends in a weird way…I don’t know how things will turn out this time.

“Lily…”

She let go of me and looked at me like she’s waiting for the next words that I was going to tell her.

“…can I trust you?”

She didn’t give me a reply instead, she flashed me her smile which made her eyes curved like crescent moons. I’ll take that as a yes then. I took my bag from the floor and stood up and we left our cabin. As I step out from this room, I’ll leave everything behind…even the memories that were made though it still hurts, I have to.

 

I stepped into the bus and realized that the sitting arrangement were still the same, except for Sehun and Taehyung. They have exchanged seats and that means I have to sit beside Sehun all throughout the ride. I sighed. I mean, this is torture. As much as I want to sit with him, I’m still hurting.

‘Just deal with it and don’t talk to him’

I was about to place my bag under my seat when Sehun snatched it away but my reflex was fast enough to grabbed it back.

“I can do it.” I coldly said but the look from his face is even colder. Without a word, he pulled it off from my grip and put it for me.

“A thank you works for me.” He said and smiled.

Why is he smiling? Ugh, don’t do that you idiot. I scoffed and just sit beside the window, fixing my attention outside. Guess everything’s a little bit harder for me. I can see his reflection on the glass window and he was actually staring at me as his cheek is resting on the palm of his hand.

Damn it. Why is he acting like this? I’m still mad at him anyway.

 

3rd POV

As the bus starts to move, everyone else was comfortable in their own seats. Meanwhile on the other side, Taehyung is getting restless.

‘You have to get your together, Taehyung. You need to find a way to corner Minhee, to get her to be with you alone. You have to do it.’ He says to himself in his head. He shudders thinking about what will happen to him if he fails to do so.

‘I’ll do it when we get back.’ He thought. “The moment we arrive at the schools gates, I’m going to do it.”

And after that, he tries to distract himself with other things and he slightly hopes that the bus should go a lot slower than it should have.

After a few hours, the occupants of the bus can see the familiar surroundings and a few more blocks after that, the school gates can already be seen. It was already getting dark by then and even though the temperature had already dropped a few degrees, Taehyung can feel the sweat forming in his palms.

The ride going home had given him time to think about how to draw Minhee out without the interference of Oh Sehun. And even though there were times that guilt would somehow creep its way to his thoughts, he battled them off. After all, it was either kill or be killed.

The bus slowed down to a stop and the students, those who were awake throughout the ride, began to get their things. Those who were asleep suddenly began to stir and not long, everyone was getting their things and moved out of the bus. They were given specific instructions to wait for Mr. Kang in front of the gates for some instructions before going home.

“Okay class.” Mr. Kang said once everyone was accounted for. “I am pleased to say that the workshop went well-“

A loud cheer then interrupted what he was about to say, much to Mr. Kang’s dismay, so he gestured them to settle down. When everyone was settled, he continued on his speech.

“Sheesh Mr. Kang can you hurry up? I need to catch up on my sleep.” Lily whispered beside Minhee. To which her friend responded with a small giggle. Minhee’s phone then vibrated in her pocket, alerting her of a text. She took it out and read the message.

From: Unknown

Hey it’s me, Taehyung. I got your number from Mr. Kang. Can you meet me at the gym after this? I need to talk to you about something private. :)

“Who’s that from?” Lily asked her through hooded eyes. Minhee hid her phone discreetly and gave her a small smile.

“It’s from my dad, told me to pick up something at the market. Sorry I can’t walk home with you.” Minhee said, hoping that her friend would buy the lie she came up with on the spot. To her relief, Lily didn’t seem to notice anything and only nodded her head. It was Minhee’s cue to take out her phone out of view from Lily, and sent a reply to Taehyung agreeing to meet him in the said place.

However, Minhee didn’t seem to notice Oh Sehun standing behind her. He was narrowing his eyes at the text Taehyung sent her and searched for him around the group only to see a glimpse of his back disappearing as he rounds the corner of the school’s main building. Sehun then follows him without anyone noticing but Minhee.

“Where’s that guy running off to?” Minhee whispers to herself. She was about to follow him but it was that moment that Mr. Kang concluded his speech and called her attention.

“You can all go home now. Ah except you Minhee, come here for a bit. I want to talk to you.” Mr. Kang said. Minhee took one last look at where Sehun went before going to Mr. Kang.

 

 

The gym was filled with silence and it’s slowly killing Taehyung. Being in a quiet room is the last thing he would want to be. Because whether he likes it or not, it keeps on reminding him how terrible of a friend he is.

‘I’m sorry Minheee. I have no choice.’

Of course he has a choice. But he chose to save his .

Taehyung was so nervous and guilty at the same time. Just thinking about what he was doing and about to do, it makes him feel sick.  Slowly, he was carried away by his emotions without his consciousness. He was thinking twice. After all, he really did like Minhee.

Taehyung’s been standing in the middle of the gym with a dagger on his right hand for a long time. As the time flies and with no Minhee showing up just made him even more nervous. But then, there was a loud shutting of the door and it brought him back to reality. His head popped towards the gym’s door. It was dark in there. The only light that’s patiently lighting the gym was coming from the moon who found its way through the bars of the windows. It wasn’t enough for Taehyung to recognize who just came in. The gym was only lighted dimly and not every corners of it has light.

“Minhee! I-is t-that you?” His voice became shaky than before.

Taehyung wiped his sweaty hands on his pants, anxiously waiting for an answer.

“Guess again.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened. Hearing the cold monotone voice of Sehun just made his breathing stop. His mouth became dry and thinking about swallowing air would only choke him up.

Finally, Sehun took few more steps and he was just about two meters away from the shaking Taehyung. The light from the outside partly revealed Sehun’s face and it’s one you shouldn’t want to look at. His cold lifeless eyes were piercing through Taehyung’s soul and unconsciously, the latter absent-mindedly dropped the dagger he was holding.

“S-Sehun-sshi…” Taehyung stuttered as he took a step backwards.

“What the hell are you trying to do, huh?” Sehun asked, tilting his head and eyes narrowing.

He was waiting for an honest answer—okay a lie that Taehyung would come to make but instead, the latter sprinted off towards the door. But before he could open it, Taehyung found himself being slammed on the wall. Back first, and it hurt like hell.

“Let me get this straight,” Sehun growled with his hands tightly gripping on Taehyung’s collar. “Who told you to kill Minhee?”

“I-I d-don’t know!”

That pushed the error button. Sehun slammed him again on the other side of the wall without letting go.

“I’ll ask one more time. Who is the ing who told you to kill Minhee?!” Sehun was losing his patience. His hands that were gripping on Taehyung’s collar turned into ball of fists and it’s becoming deathly pale. He was holding too tight.

“I REALLY DON’T KNOW!” Taehyung cried. But before Sehun could punch him, he said something that really caught the latter’s attention.

“B-but he h-has scarlet or red eyes! I didn’t clearly remember and he has pale skin!” Taehyung’s voice was trembling and he was crying already.

Sehun pushed him back, finally letting go of his collar. What just Taehyung said surprised him. He looked at the poor Taehyung who was so scared for one last time. He pitied him. He was dragged into a mess which his brother just made. And it never felt good.

 

 “Is there any problem Mr. Kang?” I asked.

“Not at all Minhee!” He let out a chuckle. “I was gonna congratulate you on your acting. From what I can see, you have definitely improved. Let me ask you this though, what’s your opinion on werewolves?”

“Werewolves?” I repeated, not sure if I heard it right.

“You know, partly human, partly wolf. Those with huge claws and glowing eyes. Are you familiar with them?” Mr. Kang described and I couldn’t help but frown. I’m not stupid not to understand what a werewolf is. But, that’s not the thing.  I have this gut feeling that I have heard those descriptions before.

Not letting myself get drifted by my curious thoughts, I nodded my head. A sign which meant I understood what he said. Mr. Kang gave a wide smile, “How about doing a research paper about them? I’m giving you extra credit for that.”

“Oh…okay Mr. Kang.” I said, still unsure.

“Well that’s all. Go home now, okay? You take care!” He bids me goodbye as he starts to walk away.

On the other hand, I just realized why the words were so familiar. ‘From the weird lady with the crystal ball!’ I thought.

‘Tall trees, a cottage in the woods, huge claws, glowing eyes and…what was the last one again?”

I quietly wonder as I turn around and start to walk to the gym. On the way, I saw Sehun coming to my direction. He looked so pissed off that I scoot over to the side to let him pass. When Sehun was close enough to me, he grabbed my wrist without any warning and dragged me out. This took a full minute for me to comprehend until I realized that I was going out of the school.

“Yah, what are you doing? I’m supposed to meet Taehyung in the gym!” I said, trying my hardest to get out of Sehun’s vice-like grip on my wrist.

“There’s nobody there.” Sehun coldly replies. He seems so tensed. I didn’t fight back anymore even though I still hate him for lying. And by then, the both of us were almost out of the school.

 

###

 

“Look who’s here!”

Baekhyun turned his head right away after he heard that familiar voice. As soon as he recognized the owner of it, there was a big grin crawling to Baekhyun’s lips.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Baekhyun chuckled, slapping his brother’s arm.

Kai laughed at it, as usual. They were both standing outside a night club called ‘Dark Fantasies’ and it surprised the latter to see his hyung coming over to his lair.

“In case you have forgotten hyung, I’m a veteran when it comes to this city and you’re just a foreigner.” Kai boasted as he brushed his hair backwards and winked at the ladies who keep on passing by.

And as an expected response, they giggled while waving their fingers. s.  Now there’s no way to blame them after all. Kai has a way of flirting himself around.

“Yah! You’re getting naughtier.” Baekhyun said as he gave Kai a good slap behind his head that caused the latter to groan. The younger one glared but was then flabbergasted when Baekhyun pulled him in a tight hug.

“You’re making me proud!” Baekhyun added laughing and patting Kai’s back at the same time.

Kai stayed rooted for a moment, still overwhelmed of the fact that he has another brother on his side while Sehun’s gone. He was used to the presence of his cold brother and not like this with Baekhyun. Slowly, he returned the hug and smiled.

“Of course. I got that from you.” Kai meant the skill of being flirtatious.

“Kaja!” Baekhyun pushed Kai away from him while his hands rest on the latter’s shoulder. Baekhyun wore the biggest grin on his face that made Kai even more enthusiastic about it. It was like reading each other’s mind.

“It’s time to show our animal side Jongin.” It was Kai’s real name and Baekhyun has this fond way of using it.

“You could’ve just said ‘LET OUT THE BEAST!’ hyung.”

“Aish! It’s the same thing! What’s important is, we’ll have fun tonight.”

“Sounds like a good plan to me.” Kai said and they entered the night club, grabbing a lot of attentions, especially the women.

 

 

 

Taehyung stumbles into the locker room in a rush. He locks the door quickly and goes behind one of the many lockers lined up in the room to hide. He was trembling. An echo of footsteps can be heard from outside and Taehyung closes his eyes, silently praying that he wouldn’t know that he was there.

He jumps at the sound of the door knob being turned forcefully then after a minute, it stopped. He sighs inaudibly, the fear slowly coming off his entire system. But it all came back when he heard the door banging loudly, like someone had kicked it open, and it continued until the door surrenders to the forceful kicks and crashes to the ground.

He’s here.

Taehyung begins to cry. He hears footsteps going inside the room.

“Taehyung-ah, come out. I only want to talk.” He hears a deep voice say. He stood still, hoping that if he stood still long enough, he could get out alive.

“You do know that I could smell your scent, do you? There’s no use hiding, boy.” Upon hearing that, more tears fell from Taehyung’s eyes. The footsteps were coming closer now and accompanying it was the sound similar to nails on a chalkboard. After a few seconds it stopped and was replaced by the deep voice, “Let’s make a deal.”

Taehyung perked up at this. 

“If you show yourself now, I might spare you but if you don’t then I’d get the honor of killing you. I’ll do this on the count of three. One, tw-“

“I’m here.” He says with a shaky voice. Taehyung comes out from where he is hiding and reveals himself to the man.

“Good boy.” The man in front of him smiles. Then in a split second, Taehyung feels pain searing from his right arm. On instinct, he holds it and felt himself go pale when he touches the liquid that was going out of his arm. He takes a glance and felt all the energy draining from his body when he saw blood.

‘But how did he-‘

His thoughts were cut off when something whizzed past him and he suddenly felt the pain in his left arm too. Then before he knew it, he was on the ground, bleeding and helpless. The man then appears, towering in front of him.

“I’m sorry was I too fast? Let me slow down.” He said then knelt down in front of the scared boy, “Tell me, what did Oh Sehun want with you?”

“Nothing.” Taehyung replies. At this, the man’s left hand held Taehyung down while his right hand found its way to his neck, choking him.

“Let me ask you again. What. Did. He. Want. With. You.” With every emphasis on the man’s words, his hold on the boy’s neck got tighter and tighter.

“He wanted to know who ordered me to kill Minhee.” He said, wheezing out the words.

“Did you tell him?”

“I didn’t.” Taehyung suddenly felt the man’s nails grow long and sharp around his neck. “I swear I didn’t! I don’t know your name so I just gave out a very, very vague description.”

The man then let go of Taehyung to which the boy suddenly sat up and coughed. When he looked at the man, he saw that his eyes were glowing dangerously red.

“Well let me introduce myself then,” he says and without any warning plunges his sharp claws into Taehyung’s stomach. “My name is Suho.”

 

 



Thanks for always supporting this fiction and us :)
Love you dear readers~

Subscribe.Comment.Upvote.Love ♥

 

This little...

 

(cto)