Suspicion

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

Back in the hometown where everyone believes it's a curse place remained still the same. Lonely environment, thin fog covers the way and plants barely have lives. Some of the villagers were already outside their houses at dawn. Men were wearing thick coats and as they breathe, smokes come out from their mouth because of the cold. It wasn't winter yet but the whole place is freezing like never before.

"Did you hear anything last night?" Danny Lee which is known for Mr. Lee, the husband of Mrs. Lee, asked his fellowmen. 

All of them shook their heads and indeed he was right. Mr. Lee thought that he was the only one who didn't hear anything but everybody didn't. They didn't hear anything. No rattles, no weird sounds and no one screaming for help. 

'What's the meaning of this? Did it stop already?' He asked himself and he also badly wants to answer it positively.

"Does that also means everyone's safe last night? No more murders ever again?" One of them said.

"I don't think so. Just because nobody's harm last night also means it stopped. Maybe it did...for now." Mr. Lee said, squinting his eyes through the fog. 

Mr. Lee's squinted eyes widened when he saw a shadow passing by so fast. It wasn't so clear though if it's a man's shadow or just something random that was flown away by the wind. He was lost in his senses when that small matter of shadow took his attention that drifted him away in his deep query.

"Danny!" Boom placed his hand on his friend's shoulder. 

Mr. Lee was taken aback of the sudden touch that in his instincts, he turned around lifting his right hand in a closed fist. He's in the urge of punching and Boom has to step back, lifting his arms in front of him to be his shield.

"Woah! What are you doing?!" Boom snapped out with a surprise face. Well everyone was shocked even Mr. Lee himself. He slowly dropped his hand down and muttered his forgiveness.

"We were calling for you but you didn't budge. What's wrong?"

"N-nothing. I---I was just dazing off." Mr. Lee said trying to shook off the his nonsense imagination.

"We should head back now to our families." Boom said and everyone agreed.

"...yeah. We should." Mr. Lee said after a sigh.

 

 

Kai was on his usual place, the empty corridor which is dimmed and no one passes by. He kept walking back and forth, still thinking about his lost pendant. He held his chin, tapping it with his finger. He narrowed his eyes, attempting to analyze or let's just say trying to bring back the memory where he accidentally lost his beloved pendant. 

"Ugh! This is hopeless." He threw his hand in the air and pulled his hair in his frustration.

"How can I exactly remember if I accidentally lost it?!"

If his brothers were with him that moment, they will definitely knock his head out for not using his brain. Well....fortunately they won't but Lay and Sehun will surely do. He sighed and decided to forget about it. If we're talking about patience, Kai will be the least if everyone will be rank. Even so, he didn't care anymore. After all he believes that he can still be powerful with or without the help of that magical pendant.

"Ugh.." He grunted and he held his left arm. Right, his wound from the shot didn't heal yet. Good thing he was able to took the bullet off with the use of his long and sharp fingernails.

"Damn that big fat cop." He gritted his teeth. He slowly left and join the crowd, not minding if anyone's looking at him---specifically on his bleeding arm.

Kai rolled his eyes and turned to the left corridor where the clinic is located at the very end of the hall.  

 

 

Another day in school....that's the first thing that came up inside my head. I'm really hoping I won't be seeing some crime incident, accident or whatever that has the suffix of "dent or cident" which are actually they're not even really a suffix for any English books's sake. I sighed and tried to calm myself down. This is not the right time for me to think about these non pleasuring thoughts. I still have to focus on my studies especially I'm currently behind in all of our subjects. Plus, everyone in my class are smart and it will be embarrassing if I can't even act like one and it doesn't really suit me to be in that certain class at all if I can't even prove myself.

"Hey Minhee!"

I turned my head towards the certain voice and it's one of my classmates, specifically the girl that's located behind my seat. I gave her a small smile as she approached me with her usual books that she hugs on her chest.

"Morning." I uttered when she walks with me.

"Good morning. So...how's your day here?" So far so good?"

"You mean in this big school?"

She nodded her head while I rolled my eyes. I don't know what to say to her but from what I experienced and saw yesterday...it was no good. I stopped from walking and faced her, She also stopped with that questioning look on her face.

"Should I be honest?"

She pursed her lips at first then nodded her head for a yes to my question.

"It's horrible."

Then I continued my walk while she follows behind. I felt her presence beside me but I didn't bother to look or even glance.

"Why is that?"

"It's a long story..."

I twirled my index finger in the air, trying to remember her name. Then I just realize, I don't even know her name and I'm just talking to her casually without knowing it.

"It's Lily. The name's Han Lily."

Ah. Perfect timing. I was just about to ask her but she seems to read my mind. She held out her hand and I accepted it, shaking it while introducing myself. I'm sure everybody in our class knows me since our teacher already introduced me, the new student but I just felt like I need to.

"Moon Minhee."

"I know." She giggled. 

We smiled at each other then continued our way inside the hall way of our classroom. Somehow I feel uncomfortable already by being friends with Lily. I couldn't even believe I made friends already. As we pass by the seem to be long hall way, I don't know but I feel like someone's eyeing me. Something then caught my eyes...or someone. I can't help myself to look over my shoulder and figure out what the hell was that. The last thing I saw was a shadow. That's the only thing my eyes caught by the time when I turned my head. I felt the time traveled so fast again.

"Minhee."

Lily's voice calling out for my name got me distracted. I abruptly turned my head back where it should be looking at. The tracks where I'm stepping at.

"H-huh?" 

"Is something wrong?"

I can sense she's worried. I shake my head, smiling sheepishly. I just need to assure her because right now, I can't really tell anyone what I really feel about this school. If back in our hometown I felt someone's watching me and sensing a danger might come---that's exactly what I feel ever since I started studying in this school. The familiar feeling of being watched isn't really my favorite. It drives me to be so paranoid.

"Nothing." I lied. I slightly smiled but I caught a glimpse of her, strangely looking at me with her eyes. Now this is something suspicious. 

I feel so tired and it feels like the time's traveling like a turtle that I'm getting bored already. I glanced at my wrist watch and there's so much time left. I blow away the hair strands that's blocking my eyes. It's our history class and tell me how can I enjoy this certain subject. The teacher looks like he's lost, that he can't even approach his students in his comfort.

"Is he serious or what?" I softly asked myself but looks like somebody heard me.

"It's his first time teaching a high level class that's why. He takes over Ms. Seohyun's place for days but he'll get over it." Lily, whispered from my back.

I looked over my shoulder, pursing my lips. I'm trying to tell her I'm-super-bored-right-now by the look in my face. Lily seems to get it. She giggled and patted my shoulder for sympathy.

"Patience is a virtue."

"Yeah, whatever." I said, rolling my eyes.

I can't do anything now. I just have to sit here on my seat and force myself to listen so that in my time of waiting it won't be such a waste...I wish. I turned myself back to face in front and what surprised me is that all eyes are on me and our teacher looked at me silently. 

'Oh God...please not the attention. I hate attention and it's not only singular but plural to be exact---ATTENTIONS...'

"Mind if you share the gossip?" Our history teacher said, playing with the chalk in his hand.

"There's nothing to share. I just---asked something from Lily." I shifted on my sit and throw my eyes away where I can't meet any gaze. 

I curled my fingers, hoping that he'll buy my excuse. Seriously I feel so embarrass. I should've kept quiet and drown myself with his boring lectures even though it's killing me.

"Are you sure?" He's digging in.

I looked at him and he's still waiting for an answer---same as to my nerdy classmates. I sighed. I just have to defend myself and stand up to my excuse to make it realistic. I bravely sat up straight, going to speak up my words.

"Yes. I'm very sure Mr..."

'Shoot'

Great. Just great Minhee. You could've just stop at Yes. Period. You don't have to say anything else and now look what you got. Obviously I wasn't paying attention resulting that I don't even know his name. He gestured me to stand up and as a student, I have to oblige.

"It's Mr. Kang." He said and I lowered my head down.

'God this is so embarrassing'

"Mianhe." I said. I don't even have the guts to lift my head. 

"Sit down." He said and went back to his topic. I buried my head on my desk, covering myself with my arms. Then suddenly Lily's voice appeared from my behind saying, "Sorry about that."

I simply lifted my hand, gesturing it on a approval sign that I'm ok. 

 

 

Breaking of leaves, rustling of the wind. A man catching his breath after a long run he did. He jumped off from a boulder and hid under the big  small cave that the rocks were forming near a river. When his breathing became normal, he walked himself towards the river. He kneeled down, reaching out his hands that are cover with blood to the streaming clear water.

"How was it?" He turned his head from where the voice came from and a tall man is standing on the boulder, letting the wind caress his hair.

The latter didn't answer instead he turned his head back to the his hands and washed them clean. He was practically listening but he doesn't feel like talking about the certain topic that the older one came up with.

"Sehun, Sehun. You never change my brother." The older one chuckled, jumping off and landed on the ground with his knee and hands.

He slowly approached Sehun who quietly let the water touches his milky white skin even though all the blood stains were already gone. He stood there, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You killed someone, didn't you?"

Sehun frowned at his statement. He stood up, nonchalantly turning to his older brother wearing a straight face. "What do you want Tao?"

"You didn't answer my question so I'm assuming I'm right. You killed someone? Again?" Tao said.

He was shaking his head trying to show his disappointment. Sehun growled, curling his hands into fists. He wants to be mad at his own brother but he doesn't want to hurt him either. He abruptly closed his eyes, throwing his head to the side.

"Just leave me alone." 

"You can just simply answer me."

Sehun doesn't want to hear more. He brought his gaze back and looked at him straight in the eyes fiercely.

"What exactly do you want?" He was serious.

Tao parted his lips in surprise. Eye brows lifted. "There's nothing that I want from you."

"Then leave me alone." Sehun said in irritation.

He turned his back at Tao. He doesn't want to pick a fight right now----so it's better for if he doesn't see his face. Tao huffed. More of a mocking one.

"Turning your back at your brother----it's so not you."

Sehun abruptly stopped. His foot stepped on a twig that it cracked. He glanced in the corner of his eyes, tilting his head over his shoulder on the side. Sehun glared at his brother.

"Seriously what's up with you?"

Sehun's voice didn't change at all. It's still deep and low. All show that he's damn serious. His glaring half opened eyes naturally suits him well. His attitude, expression and all just compliments him when put together,

"You killed someone. That's what's up right now."

Tao repeated. As Tao, himself, doesn't want people to have domain---specifically he doesn't want Sehun to have domination over him.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"That's why you're always outside and sometimes not even staying home!"

"Just shut it Tao."

Sehun reached his limit. He's gritting his teeth and if eyes can kill, Tao would be dead by now. He doesn't have any idea what Tao's trying to point out but it's really pissing him off.

"You don't want to hear the truth?!"

Tao threw his arms in the air as he yelled. His gestures were trying to tell the world about how Sehun killed someone and how his hands got shed by a human blood in the itch of his hands to kill someone innocent. In just a blink of an eye, Tao groaned by the sudden impact he felt when his back met the rocky texture of the dried soil barrier. Pain crept his whole body. Sehun's gripping onto Tao's sweaty shirt that lies around his chest. He's pushing him hard, cornering the taller one.

"Look,"

Sehun angrily hissed without breaking the eye battle with the latter.

"I don't know what you're up to but stop it before I completely lose my patience."

They were having this glaring battle until Tao broke the intense staring by tilting his head to the side. A sarcastic laugh came out from him. It was quiet that the sound of the running water took over the two of them. Tao finally turned to look at Sehun with a smirk on his face.

"Then what? You'll kill me too?"

Sehun stiffened. He felt like a boulder was dropped on his shoulders that it took him back to his senses. His grip loosened and his hands dropped on his sides. He softened and finally calmed down. He swallowed hard. The look on his eyes isn't that fiercely scary anymore. It was more of a someone you'll...pity.

"I'm sorry."

The brows of Tao curled into frown. He doesn't know if Sehun's apologizing for attacking him of for committing a crime. He's still startled after the sudden pushed he got from Sehun.

"Look I didn't kill anybody." Sehun said. 

He took a step backward, lowering his head. He watched the blood mixing with the water. Slowly and bit by bit the red stain started to disappear from his sight as the running water carries it away.

"I smell human blood Sehun. Do you think you can fool me?!"

Tao harshly gripped Sehun's wrist. He lifted it up, showing some remains of blood stain in between his fingers.

"I didn't kill him!"

Sehun pulled his hand back and turned his back at him. He slowly glanced at his hands and he's feeling guilty all of a sudden. He's slowly shaking.

"I didn't mean to." He continued.

Tao looked satisfied at Sehun's statement. Somehow he thinks that he's definitely right. That their brothers won't have to hide anymore if the towns people might saw Sehun killed someone in their own human kind.

"See? You said it yourself! You killed someone!"

"You don't understand Tao!"

Sehun is having a hard time to breathe. His chest is heaving badly. The emotions of feeling mad and guilty and the thought to himself that he's not even doing anything wrong made him feel worst. He let his eyes meet with Tao's and they were looking so vulnerable. That he is vulnerable.

"I didn't kill anyone." He held Tao's shoulders, trying to make the latter listen carefully.

"If it's not you, then tell me who."

Tao keeps on digging in. He might be jealous of Sehun but seeing his younger brother talking to him like that---pleading to listen to every words he's saying it hurts him too. Sehun retreated his hands and lowered his head. He seems to be,,,bothered a lot.

"Just trust me."

"How can I believe in what you're saying if you can't even tell me anything?!"

He gave Sehun's shoulder a push making him to back up.

"I tell you Tao...it's not me."

He's serious. Sehun's always been like that. He likes to be distant and be a loner himself. Tao shook his head and run away. He doesn't want to hear anything from him anymore. He jumped and his claws held the rocks and he pushed himself by climbing up. Once Tao's feet stand on the ground, he looked over his shoulder and sighed.

'I'm sorry Sehun'

 

 

Art class. One subject that I'm willing to learn but my abilities can not just be accepted by this subject. I'm all alone inside our art classroom since I was the only one who didn't finish my work---well typically I didn't even start anything yet. My head can't think of anything to be my subject to sketch.

"Why am I born this way anyway?! Ugh..."

I frustratingly banged my forehead on the smooth surface of the table and let my hair cover everything in my face.

"You're hopeless."

A familiar voice appeared inside the room. It sounds far from me so I'm guessing it's near the entrance door. I lifted up my head and the next thing I knew is that I found myself hitting someone's head with my metal pencil case. I opened my eyes and a pair of dark orbs are looking at me with a frowning face.

"Ouch." He said in a sarcastic way.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Relax tough girl..." He pulled a chair and sat across of me. "I'm Kai. And you are...?"

"You don't have to know." 

I must ignore this conceited guy. I took my pencil and was about to start my work but the problem is...I don't have anything to start with. I can't even draw properly! I lifted up my head and glared at this Kai.

"Aren't you suppose to be somewhere else now?"

"I want to watch you draw..." He paused and an annoying grin playfully crept his lips. "That is If you can."

My brows automatically twitched. I swear if it's possible for smokes to escape my nostrils and ears it would've happen now. This guy is freaking irritating me! His guts is bigger than him!

"Excuse me?"

"What?" He's trying to look innocent. Oh please it doesn't suit you. 

"Are you mocking my skills?" I scoffed.

I shifted on my seat. I tapped my pencil non-stop and wait for his response. He scratched his smooth looking chin while stopping himself from laughing. I know he's doing it. His cheekbones are growing that they would explode anytime soon if he keeps stopping his laugh that will burst out in any minute.

"If you see it that way...yes. Yes I am."

His grin widened that it reached his ears. Ugh. I want to vomit right now. I can't stand this guy and his rudeness! My lips parted at his straightforwardness. I stopped tapping my pencil by slumping it on the table with my palms. I stand up and his eyes followed every moves I make.

"Yah! Who are you to insult me?! You know what...just leave so I can start make something productive."

"Sit down." He calmly said.

"Huh?"

"You should start sketching something basic and your head can just think of a theme if you keep going on."

I'm actually surprised. He's giving me some advice on my work! I was hesitant but I oblige anyway. I sit down and awkwardly played with my pencil. 

"You're not good in drawing huh." He chuckled and I just sighed. There's no reason to fight with him anymore. I mean---he's right anyway.

"Are you a bipolar or something?"

"Bipolar?" He softly laughed.

"You're so rude and this conceited then in just any second you'll turn into a nice helping person." I tried to explain but I guess it's a bad idea.

"So you're saying I'm nice?" He smirked.

Ok, here comes the conceited self of him. I rolled my eyes and stared at the piece of blank sheet paper. I'm getting frustrated that I'm near on crying. Again, I slumped my forehead to the table and silently stayed on my position.

"Y-yah..."

I heard him stuttered. I didn't bother to move though. I just stayed there and sighed. Then I felt his hand tapping my head. I slowly lifted my head and nonchalantly looked at him.

"You're tough girl, remember? I'm sure you can do that. Maybe not today...maybe not tomorrow. But someday soon...you can do it."

The moment he finished his line, I was oblivious on how my lips curled into a smile. He smiled back while moving his brows up and down.

"You just took that line from a movie. How lame."

I gathered my stuffs and put it inside my bag. He's laughing and jumped off of his seat. Maybe he's right. I can't draw for now but the right time will come...if something magical happen.

"But that lame line made your cold attitude smile."

I stuck out my tongue and wore my bag. A clink sound was heard inside the room when something fell. I glanced down and saw the pendant I got from the rooftop. Probably fell off from my bag.

"What was that?" He looked over but I was fast to crouch down and took it in my hand.

"Nothing!" 

He nod but his eyes are glued to my closed hand. I glanced at my hand then back to him. Something's not right. I can sense it. I saw how he bit his lower lip and he's totally creeping me out.

"I-I have to go." 

I excused myself and run to the door. Once I reached outside the room, I looked over my shoulder and his eyes followed me. I gulped. I join the crowd of students that are passing by and disappear from his sight...I hope.


Sorry if it's taking me so long to update =/ School is stressing me out dear readers -,-
I really love reading your comments! Enjoy ^ --- ^

[If there's any typos...please try to understand :]

credits: owner :]