Painful Memories

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

The deep mark of scratches on Sehun's desk somehow made me wonder. How deep and strong his nails are? And why did he left the class just like that? And another question is...why am I so bothered anyway? I tried to shift my attention into something else and I eventually did when I saw Kai in the sea of students. I ran to catch up to him.

"Kai!" I called and he turned his head.

He smiled, lifting his hand to gesture a 'hi'. I softly panted as I stop in front of him while my hands grabbed onto the strap of my small backpack.

"Woah...what's the rush tough girl? You in a hurry or what." He laughed but I glared and he stopped.

"I just want to know what happened yesterday." I said.

His mouth made an 'o' shape while scratching his jaw. "I got everything under controlled. The ambulance and cops were there immediately but the sad thing is, it was impossible to save the poor girl's life." He said like he's sorry for her while shrugging his shoulders.

He then flashed a smile, after answering my question so confidently. I rolled my eyes at his lies.

"Seriously, how bad are you with lying?" I scoffed and he was surprised.

I walked to find a clear spot cause being in the center of sea of students wasn't the best spot to talk. With the bumping and noise I can't talk properly with this not-so-into-talking-Kai. He ran a hand through his hair and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I heard that Mrs. Shin was the one who reported about Dohee so I'm assuming you didn't call for help. Kai you told me you'll take care of this." I told him the best way I could but he doesn't seem to be listening to me at all. 

Kai was rolling his eyes and just let every words I speak getting through his ears. The next thing I knew is him, putting his right arm around my shoulders and we continue to walk after him cutting me off. 

"Look right here tough girl. I can't just simply move that dead girl's body—"

"That dead girl has a name. And it's Dohee." I coldly said feeling irritated with his attitude. 

He acts like he doesn't feel anything...not even a single concern.

"Fine. Dohee it is. But back to the topic, I can't just simply move her body. It's an evidence." Kai nonchalantly said. He's making a point but that's not what matters here.

I stopped from walking and so he did. I break free from his arm and turned to face him. He's not getting what my point is.

"I know that. But you said you'll call for help." I said, frowning.

Kai looked away. Like he's avoiding my eyes. I know he knows he can't lie to me. My instincts are very capable to sort a lie from the truth.

"Well say something." I said.

"I...got sidetracked." He sighed.

"Sidetracked? And it is more important than saving a life?" I scorned at him. His brows furrowed with a frown. The look on his face changed. It become serious.

"It's none of your business.  And why are you snapping at me anyway? You're not my mother." Kai scoffed in front of me.

I couldn't lie to myself but he made me feel something that I shouldn't. And it's not nice at all. It's like a big slap of insult landed on my cheek of feeling sorry for Dohee.

"You're right. I'm sorry." I calmed down, slowly turning my back. I start to walk away from him and just ignore this urge of screaming at his face of what kind of jerk he is but I actually failed.

I found myself turning back to Kai and found him still standing on the same spot. I can't stop myself now. My eyes are burning like boiling a hot water and just let it overflow when the heats intolerable.

"By the way, have I ever told you you're a jerk?" I said raising a brow. Kai seems surprise at my sudden question.

"You're a jerk Kai. If that 'I GOT SIDETRACKED' thing is more important than saving one's life...it's BULL. Maybe because you never felt what it is like to lose a friend." I sternly said.

"Why are you blaming me on this?" He hissed with range. It is still a secret that it was the two of us who first knew about Dohee. And good thing people around us don't seem to care less of what we are talking about. The noise were helping to hide our secret too...I'm thankful for that.

"Because if you called for help, maybe Dohee didn't lose much blood and is still surviving up until now." I paused, biting my lower lip. "But no, she's dead already."

My tears dropped as I trailed off my words. I can't afford to look weak in front of him—in front of everybody. Because that's the last thing I needed now. I started running away from him, pushing other students out of my way. I can't believe someone can be so ignorant and inhuman. The picture of Eunji suddenly appeared inside my head and it is more painful than I thought. I need a place to hide. To run away from this mess. Then I remembered, the usual spot, the big tree at the school backyard. It reminds me of home. The one up above the hill where I feel safe and sound. The place where I grew up may have become my nightmare...but that tree on the hill is exceptional.

 

 

A maroon head, single eye-lid man rolled one more time to his back on the roof of the their cabin. Baekhyun groaned with closed eyes trying to find the best spot to where the sunlight hits the best.

"What do you think you're doing?" A deep voice appeared from nowhere that made Baekhyun smirked.

"What do you think?" He asked back.

A caramel colored hair popped out of the tree beside the cabin with a well built feature and pointy ears. Chanyeol sat on a thick branch, tired of hiding behind those itchy leaves (At least that's what he thinks).

"Dude, thanks for answering the question." Chanyeol scoffed. "Seriously, will I ask if I know?"

Baekhyun sat up straight with messed hair at the back of his head. He grinned at Chanyeol, throwing a baseball towards him that was lying beside him all day long. The latter caught it at time with his big hand.

"I just need some warm sunlight." Baekhyun explained.

"Uhm—Dude, is there some kind of cold sunlight?" Chanyeol scoffed with a big grin showing his pretty shaped teeth.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes that made Chanyeol laugh.

"There is. Do you want me to demonstrate?" Baekhyun said between his gritting teeth and cracked his knuckles.

Chanyeol stared at it for the mean time before he lifts his hands and shake it for a NO. "Uh...no thanks."

"This is why I don't talk to you that much. You're annoying and nonsense to talk to." Baekhyun rested his back with head resting under his arms.

"Look who's talking." Chanyeol chuckled heartedly. 

"Just get your away from me." Baekhyun turned to his side, not wanting to see Chanyeol's grin that screaming for victory of 'I PISSED YOU OFF! HOORAY!'.

"But my never touched you. The only thing it touches now is this rough scaly face of the branch." Chanyeol explained trying to make sense. He just want to see Baekhyun's reaction and the outcome came to his favor. It made Baekhyun feel more irritated than ever. For years they grew up together, the big man ticked him off.

"WHY DO YOU TAKE EVERYTHING SO LITERALLY?!" Baekhyun snapped at him.

The maroon head one sat up as he tried to pull his hair out feeling more annoyed as Chanyeol laughed hysterically. If smoke would be visible, it certainly came from Baekhyun's nostrils.

Chanyeol was about to fire back but a loud thud—closing of door, caught the attention of the bickering brothers. They both abruptly turned their heads to where the sound came from. Both tried their best to take a look at what happened below. Lay appeared while wearing his jacket. Baekhyun was alarmed to see him though. Lay's heading to the woods and wore the same hoodie the last time they went to the university.

"Lay seems to be so occupied these days. What do you think he's up to?" Chanyeol asked, turning his head to Baekhyun.

The latter though just stayed still. He didn't care to answer anything Chanyeol's blabbering. Eyes narrowing with suspicion and his animal instinct just told him that Lay's up to something not very nice at all. Baekhyun said nothing but a shrugged. He acted he didn't care at all but his eyes said it all...the otherwise.

 

 

My eyes are getting this stingy feeling. Maybe I had cried too much. Soft wind blows, brushing my cheek, making the dried tears on my skin feel so cold. The grasses dance along the wind and I closed my eyes for a moment. And then just like that, I feel like the time take me back to the town where I grew up.

Above a hill, a big tree that became my comfort and security...I miss it. It's the only place to hide. And to my loathe, I can't just simply erase that Eunji had been part of it. I still can't seem to move on about her sudden death. The pain is just too much. To lose someone very special—a sister that knows half of my life. The emotions playing inside of me—pain, regret, hate, guilt...it kills me. Right now, I can just blame myself for all of these. First my mom, Eunji...then as just I moved here in this school, innocent students—Key and Dohee died without justice and fair explanations. I feel like the jinx's following me. Or maybe...I myself...is the jinx after all.

Out of my consciousness, the tears from my eyes are overflowing that I can feel my uniform getting soak. Then suddenly, there's a shadow covering me. I sniffed, stopping myself from weeping.

"You." A low voice said.

It sounded familiar but I can't sort out the owner of it. I was alarmed that someone saw me crying. I was hesitant to look at him but as soon as a handkerchief appeared in front of me...I knew who it was. I raised my head and I met his eyes that always make me wonder. Kneeling with one knee and foot still on the ground for support...he's gazing at me with those weary cold looking eyes still.

"Sehun." His name escaped my lips.

I looked back at the same handkerchief he gave me before—when I was walking under the mists of rain. I was hesitant to take it and I just found myself under Sehun's care. He gently wiped my tears away with the ever soft silky cloth.

"Stop crying...unless you want to move somewhere else." Sehun wearily said.

"Move?"

"This is my territory," He paused. "and this tree...it's mine." He pointed at the tree where I'm resting my back.

"Now...I'll let you stay if you stop wailing." 

"I wasn't wailing." I said while sniffing and gulping to stop myself from crying anymore.

"Talk to the person who's sleep got disturbed by you." He rolled his eyes as he stood up.

Sehun went to the other side of the tree and stayed there. It's exactly the same where I found and met him for the first time. Somehow, his presence made me calmed down. I was able to think straight again without letting my emotions get into me. Kai was wrong for being a jerk and all...but it isn't his fault to not understand how I feel. Dohee reminds me of Eunji and I know how it feels to lose someone important for you...twice. So I can't just blame Kai for all of this. After all, he thought of my safety first. And it proves that he can care for others...somehow...in his own ways.

"Sehun?"

I got no response. I smiled when soft snores came audible after minutes passed. I hugged myself closer and rest my chin to my knees, curling in.

"Thank you..."

 


Hey guys! I don't have class this day so making an update would do good :)

I'm just glad I finished this before the night ends. Class will start tomorrow  -,-

Anyway, I will put some spice next update ;)

ENJOY!

So...Subscribe.Comment.Upvote.Love ♥

I just miss their old photos :)) So fresh