The Mysterious town and stranger

Who's Afraid of the BIG Bad Wolf?

 

 

It's so quiet tonight. The deafening silence hurts my ears that I couldn't sleep at all. I sat up straight on my bed, leaning my back to the headboard. I let out an exasperated sigh and glanced at my open window.

Awooo!

There it is. Another howl from an unknown creature every night. But that doesn't seem to be unknown to me. It could be a dog who's doing its normal howl at night...or maybe a wolf. Here in the country side, where I live with my family, is a mysterious place. It wasn't that mysterious before. In fact it's a very welcoming place that anyone would want to visit...until one incident happened. A tourist, who is exactly to be a hunter, visited in our hometown. He has a lot of equipment for hunting and asked the mayor of our town a permission to hunt in our forest. As expected, the mayor didn't let him, for the forest of our town near the small hills is such a mysterious place. No one dares to enter the deep and wild forest. The mayor doesn't want to take responsibility of that certain tourist and thought he understands what he said.

Then that night...a murder occurred. May 16, 1988 a man named Ben was killed and his body was found under his hunting vehicle near the forest. He tried to sneak out that night all by himself. Scratches were everywhere in his body and a large biting mark on his neck that led him to death. It was creepy. After that unknown crime, another one come after another. 

"AAHH!" 

Then here comes another one. I flinched on my bed and run to the window, opening it and tried to figure out what's happening this time. Someone just screamed and it wasn't just an ordinary scream. It was a high pitched one screaming for help.

"Everyone! Someone's in danger!" I heard one of my neighbor's screamed, getting out from his house with a lamp in his hand.

"It's happening..." I muttered softly, that my throbbing heart was louder than my words. 

I saw a lot of men of our neighborhood with their guns and other self defense tools. I immediately grabbed my hoodie, slipping myself inside it and run downstairs of our house.

"Minhee where are you going?" My father asked, worriedly came towards me.

"I'm going outside." I said, not wanting to be stop. I opened our door and the cold breeze greeted me. I shivered under my hoodie, closing my right eye. 

"Minhee get back inside!" I didn't listen. I made a step outside and then my feet just brought me running towards the crowd. 

"Oh dear Lord, what are you doing outside here?!" Mrs. Lee asked worriedly. She is a very close neighbor to me.

"I'm asking you the same thing auntie." I answered back.

"It's dangerous and you're not getting any younger!" I sighed and I was left with no choice but to send her back to her house which is just right next to ours after two houses.

"Minhee!" I turned my head when my father called my name.

"Don't worry! I'm just sending Auntie Lee!" I shouted back, tightening my grip on Mrs. Lee's shoulders.

"Young lady...stop sneaking out this late." Mrs. Lee talked to me while we're walking. "Your father worries a lot of you. You're the only one he has right now. Stop making him worry."

I frowned at her statement. Yes. I'm the only one who he has right now. My mom was also killed by this unknown monster in our town. She was killed during full moon where she and her co-workers were stranded in the middle of a dim road because the engine of their vehicle broke down. It wasn't that detailed but a frightening sight corrupted my innocent eyes when we found her body. It would be the last thing I would want to see...

"I just want justice for my mother." I mumbled but clear enough for Mrs. Lee to understand. We finally reached her house. We stopped in front of their fences and she held my hands.

"Minhee you have to put this in your head." She said, staring seriously in my eyes. "Whatever frightening things happens around our town, it's hard to get the justice we all want."

I lowered my head, biting my inside cheeks. The moment I felt her hand on my head...I looked up to meet her gaze.

"This killer is out of our control. So you better take care always. For your father, for all of us and especially for your mother...you have to live no matter what."

I have...to live no matter what...

I remained standing there all alone now. I can't really explain how I should do it. I want to live longer...but what if I'm next? My feet slowly dragged me back to our house and on my way I hugged myself because of the coldness. I tilted my head on the side, and I unconsciously stopped on my tracks. I saw something from afar in the dark. I squinted my eyes, slowly and slowly I clearly saw what it was. 

"..." I was speechless, my body stiffened and my eyes went wide. Those were eyes...staring straightly at me. But they were no ordinary eyes. It was— a wolf's eyes?

They were staring deeply in my eyes, like it was staring through me. I wanted to run. I wanted to hide but there's nothing I can do. My feet were glued on the ground and the longer it stares at me...the more my knees weaken.

"Minhee!" 

I flinched when it moved, disappearing in the dark. Then something touched my shoulder, making me jump in startle. I looked back with my eyes shocked. It was only my father. I breathe out hardly, clasping my chest feeling my excruciating heart.

"Are you ok?! Did someone hurt you?!" He panicked after seeing my reaction. He checked my arms, face and almost every part of my body.

"Dad!" I snapped making him stop. "I'm fine. You don't have to worry."

"What happened to you earlier?" Even his tone was full of worries. He wrapped his free arm on my shoulder and walked us back to our house.

"Nothing. I was just...spacing out." I lied. I want to make myself believe that I was only seeing things but no. I know what I saw back there. It was all true that I didn't even blink.

 

 

I was having my morning walk and I made a stop at my usual place. No one comes here except for me. I sat on the hill, under a tree with my small blanket to cover my body because of the cold morning breeze. And the fact I'm on a hill, fog is half visible in the eyes.

"I wonder what happened last night..." I mumbled, hugging my knees to my chest and let myself covered by the soft thick fabric. I leaned my back on the big trunk of the tree and stayed like that.

'So...relaxing...'

"Ugh..." A sound of someone groaning made me open my eyes. I turned my head on my left and right but no one was there. I frowned, gulping the imaginary plump in my throat. 

'Just...what was that?' I kept asking myself because I was really bothered. Then, surprisingly another sound rings inside my ears. 

I bit my lower lip, ready myself to stand up. I could just run if the killer shows himself. I gripped the cloth that I was holding and observe my surrounding carefully. No sign but what I was hearing sounds really close; like it's just beside me.

"Ugh!" 

I turned my body at my back because of that sound. That sound came from a man...a man who's struggling in pain. The curiosity just over power my fear. I made a step and the grasses produce the rustling sound. Step by step until I saw that person who makes the bothering noises. I gasped as I saw a boy...probably just around my age leaning his back on the tree and he has his eyes closed tightly, jaws flexed.

I observe him carefully and he has a scratch on his lips and right collarbone. He seems harmless so I carefully sat beside him, reaching out my fingers to his wound but his hand moved so fast that I didn't see it coming. He grabbed my wrist; his grip was so tight that it hurts. He slowly opened his eyes and it startling me.

"Y-yah...l-let go of me." I stuttered because I was actually scared and I don't even know why. He slowly turned his head to the side facing me, and I can clearly see his facial features.

I was...completely lost

"What do you think you're doing?" His serious low and husky voice fits his expressionless face. I opened my mouth to defend myself but no words want to come out. His dark orbs are so beautiful that makes me want to stare at it for more.

I saw his eyes traveled up and down, watching me carefully. I was relief that he finally let go of my wrist. It was red and I caress it carefully. 

"I'm sorry if I disturbed you." I said but he just turned his head away, avoiding any eye contacts.

"Just leave me alone." He said but I couldn't just live him with his wounds. My conscience will definitely hunt me down and it's my mother's fault. She raised me to be so kind and then left me behind.

"I'll leave if only you'll let me see your wounds." 

He scoffed, glancing at me over his shoulder. "Seriously?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" I crossed my arms over my chest, raising a brow. I sat there, having a staring battle with this stranger. He rolled his eyes, knowing I wouldn't leave him at all.

"You're one stubborn kid." He said, shifting his position and face me. I smiled that I won. I bravely place my finger tips on his wounds, observing it carefully. 

'Where did this scratch came from?' I touched the corner of his lips, furrowing my brows. Seriously, this guy is burning! His heat traveled through the nerves of my fingers.

"What are you going to do about it?" He said, snapping me back to my consciousness. I shrugged my shoulders, retrieving my hand. The blood is already dry so there's nothing I really can do about it.

"Why are you here anyway? It's freezing you know."

"I should ask the same question for you." He said, leaning his head back to the big trunk of tree. 

"Well for you should know, this is my usual place." I said, pulling the cloth towards my body, covering it completely.

"This is mine too."

His answer surprised me. His too? So that means—all this while he was only on the other side of the tree relaxing too? I frowned cause I thought I was the only one who knows this place.

"Oh. Uhm...aren't you freezing or something?"

"Do I look like I am?"

Ugh. This guy. Can't he just give me a descent answer? I glared at him but there was no change in his expression. Still the same blank face he was wearing. I wonder if this is the real him...or just a mask he's wearing.

"You're burning hot." 

"Then there's your answer. So obviously..." He paused and looked at me. "I'm not freezing at all."

"Fine. Have it your way." I looked away, placing my chin on my knees. "What happened to you anyway?" I just couldn't help myself to ask.

"I don't have anything to explain to you."

"I was just curious what's wrong with that?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Is he annoyed already? I smiled and I don't even know why.

"Like I told you...I'm curious. My head is full of curiosity now. This town drives me insane." I softly said, playing with the grass. I can feel his eyes watching me.

"Have you heard...what happened last night?" I said, slowly turning my head to look at him. He looks so calm and steady. I turned my gaze back on the grass that's dancing with the wind.

"About what?"

"I think there was another attack. All of my neighbors were---" I stopped when I realize something weird. That's it! Neighbors. This guy isn't from our neighborhood.

"Hey how come I never saw---" My eyes widened when I turned my head to look at him but I see nothing. He's gone. He disappeared as fast as a blink of an eye. Now this is creeping me out. 

Another cold wind blow..touches my delicate skin. The coldness sends shiver down to my spine and I can feel my body's having this goose bumps by the sudden disappearance of a total stranger I met.

"Just...who is he?"


So here's chapter one. Sorry for the short update. I haven't gotten any sleep so yeah...I really need to rest

So...who's excited about EXO's XOXO comeback teasers, full album and MV? :D

COMMENTS AND RATES ARE...

Soo...Who do you think the stranger is? ^ --- ^ Stay tuned!