Chapter 5 - Unspoken Feelings

Perfect Life

Chapter 5 – Unspoken Feelings


When  Mirai went back to the board room, she immediately apologized to her father and to her soon to be in laws.


“I’m sorry for my behaviour a while ago.” She said and bowed politely.


“Dont be Mirai-chan. Its okay. We know that you’re in shock, but now, i do hope that everything’s clear now.” Mrs. Yamada said and give her a big smile.


She smiled lightly. She looked at Yuto’s direction. “Gomen ne Yuto-kun.”


Yuto was surprised to hear her apologized. “Dont be Mirai-chan, Im happy for you. Ryo-chan is a nice guy.” He said half heartedly.


“Oh there you are Yuto-kun ! I thought you also followed us.”Daiki said when the whole HSJ went back to the room.


“Ryo-chan must be excited to their wedding. He even proposed to Mirai-chan in a ‘cute’ way.” Chinen said while laughing as soon as he sat down besides Yuto.


“Urusai !” Ryosuke said and went to his seat in front of Mirai.


“He’s excited already in their honeymoon.” Keito in and give Ryosuke a teasingly smiled.


Mirai blushed because of embarrassment.


Yuto just stay firm even he’s already hurt.


“Maaa minna, that’s enough. Let’s continue our meeting. As I said earlier, we will have a press conference about this matter to announce their wedding. It’s better to let the fans know the marriage of this two, to have it official. I don’t want to always have an interview about this matter. We will all clear it at the press conference.” Mr. Kitagawa said.


“But my fans will get hurt if they knew it. We must keep it as a secret.” Ryosuke protested.


“Maa Ryo-chan, its okay. It’s only from the start.  I’m sure your fans will accept it.” Mr. Ryosuke said.


“I think Yamada-kun is right. We must keep it a secret. Besides, our career will suffer. I don’t want to lose my career. I’m sure he’s also the same.” Mirai said.


“But-“


“Do it, or else I will said to the public that you’re just arranging our marriage just for the monetary benefits of your respective companies. I know Father had a biggest share in JE, as well as Mr. And Mrs. Yamada. The three of you has a share with each others’ company. You need it to sustain your business. That’s why you’re brave enough to let us marry for your benefits right?” Mirai bravely said to Mr. Kitagawa.
Mr. Kitagawa keeps silent, as well as her and Yamada’s parents.


“Sugoi ne? She’s brave Ryo-chan.” Kei whispered to Ryosuke.


Ryosuke nodded. Actually he’s surprised at what Mirai said. ‘She’s a brave and though girl huh.’ He thought and smiled as he continued to watch Mirai’s action.


The meeting continued. In the end, Mr. Kitagawa agreed to what Mirai said. They will keep their marriage a secret, even the marriage ceremony which will be in a secret place.


When the meeting is over, Ryosuke went near to Mirai.


“What do you want?” she angrily said.

“Thank you.” He said and smiled at her.


She froze when she saw his smile. She immediately stood up on her seats and followed his father outside the room.


“Ganbatte ne Ryo-chan,” Yuya said and tapped Ryosuke’s shoulders.


“Thanks.” He just said as he watched Mirai and her parents talked.


“Woah Ryo-chan ! Mitte !” Daiki said and handed his phone to him.


Ryosuke saw a photo of a beautiful girl. It was taken in a magazine scan. His eyebrows met each other when he read the caption of the photo. “A beautiful girl from Canada – Shida Mirai.” He read it out loud.


“EH? !” All of the HSJ members (except Yuto) gathered around Ryosuke and looked at the photo. They exchange looks on Daiki’s phone and to Mirai who is talking to Ryosuke’s parents in a distant.


“This is Shida-san? Woah ! She’s a beauty ! Ryo-chan ! You’re lucky to have her as a wife !” Yabu whispered.


“I don’t know she’s a popular model.” Daiki said. “Sugoi !”


Ryosuke smiled and they kept on researching information about Mirai.



“But she seems different today. She’s just simple, unlike this.” Kei said.


“Maybe because, she doesn’t wear any makeups?” Hikaru said.


“But, even if she doesn’t wear any heavy makeup, she’s still a beauty, right Ryo-chan?” Chinen teased Ryosuke.


Ryosuke just shrugged his shoulders.


“Admit it Ryo-chan, she’s a beauty.” Daiki said.


“She’s a pain in the neck to tell you the truth.” He said and leaves them.


“Maa, let’s just see how their love story will go.  I’m sure Ryosuke is just shy to admit that Mirai’s a beauty.” Yabu said while watching the faded figure of Yamada Ryosuke in his sight.


==


A few days after their meeting, Mirai felt unease. Yuto didn’t contact her since that day, nor is he not answering his phone.  


“What’s wrong with him?” she said to her phone when he didn’t answer it.


“Mirai-chan ! You’re next.”


She heard the assistant said to her.


“Hai.” She answered and prepared herself before she went on shoot.


Her photo shoot started.


She was in the middle of her shoot when HSJ members entered the set.


Mirai didn’t notice their presence because she was concentrating to her poses.


“Woah ! Ryo-chan ! She’s a professional.” Chinen whispered to Ryosuke when they saw her making poses.


Ryosuke just smiled and silently watching her.


Yuto on the other hand also watched her. ‘Its the first time I saw her doing her job.’


Even though Mirai always invited her to watch her photo shoots, his schedule did not fit in with her. He didn’t answer her calls nor called her these past few days. He needs time to accept all of the happenings since he knew about the marriage. He also seems cold to Ryosuke. He admits that he’s been jealous with him, since he’s the one who took Mirai’s first kiss.           


“Ah director they’re here.” One of the staff noticed them and called the director. The photographer’s attention also drew in their direction.


Mirai got distracted when the photographer stopped and looked at the back.


She also looked at that direction. Her eyes widened when she saw them, including Yuto.


She ignored them.


“Ayano-san?” she said to the photographer.


“Ahh gomen nasai. Let’s proceed.” The photographer said and starts to take photos again.


When she finished her shoot, she went to her seat. Her makeup artist immediately fixed her hair and hand her next clothes to wear.


“Mirai-chan.” 


She heard Yuto’s voice and signed her makeup artist to stop fixing her hair and makeup. She stood up.


“Can we talk?” Yuto asked.


“Hai.” Mirai said and walked with Yuto. They went outside of the room. Yuto looked for a place for them to talk privately. He saw a door leading to the rooftop of the building. He grabbed Mirai’s right hand and lead her to the rooftop.

“What’s wrong Yuto-kun?” Mirai asked when they were all alone in the rooftop.


To her surprise, Yuto suddenly hugged her.


“Yuto-kun?” she asked.


“I won’t let you go, just for this time.” He sweetly said to her ears.


“Eh? What’s wrong with you Yuto-kun? You’re acting strange. You never answer all my calls these past few days.” 


“Im sorry.  I just want to be alone, to refresh my mind, to accept things, and to learn to move on.” 


“Move on?”
 

Instead of answering her question, he kissed Mirai’s forehead. It is the very first time he did that to her.  He really wants to kiss her on her lips, but she still respects his two best friends’ wedding.


Mirai was shocked.
 

“If anything happens, just call me okay? I promise to answer all your calls, even if i had a busy schedule. I promise to be by your side, always. And i promise you , you have a Nakajima Yuto to rely on. I’ll do everything for my one and only girl best friend!” He said and smiled sweetly to her.


Mirai froze when she saw his smile. Even if he smiled, she can still see pain in his eyes. ‘If only it is you who I can marry, I’ll be the happiest girl in the world. Im sorry Yuto-kun.’


Mirai smiled and give Yuto a big hug.


“Arigato as always.” She said and leaned more to reach his ears. “Daisuki.” She whispered and let go of Yuto.

She walked back to the door, but Yuto grabbed her arm. He can’t speak , he doesn’t know what to say when he heard the words Mirai spoke.
Mirai smiled and get off Yuto’s hands on her arms. “Gomen nasai.” She just said and went back inside.


Yuto left on the rooftop, still shocked. He didn’t have the chance to say his feelings for her. He doesn’t know what to say. He loves Mirai, and he respects Ryosuke.


‘Mirai has feelings for me? Or she just loves me as his best friend?’ he asked himself.


Yuto smiled. ‘Maybe i still have a chance, but i don’t know when will the time i am finally going to say that I love her.’   


It is better this way, for the meantime.’  


Yuto went back inside with a happy smile.


He doesn’t know that someone witness the scenes that happened between them.


Way to go Nakajima Yuto, but im sorry she will be mine.’


==


Mirai  cant sleep that night. She still remembered her confession to Yuto.


‘OMG ! did i really say that? Hazukashi !’


Mirai unlocked her phone and browse her photos. She saw a photo of them together.


Im sorry Yuto-kun, as much as I want to not marry Ryosuke, I cant. I still love my father more than anything.’ She said to herself and kissed her phone.


Suddenly , Ryosuke’s face showed on her thoughts.


“THAT GUY ! Im sure to have him paid for stealing my first kiss and for threatening me to marry him.” She angrily said.


She was about to closed her eyes, when her phone rings.


“Moshi Moshi?”


“Hi honey. Are you free tomorrow? Mother wants to go shopping with you. I think to buy your wedding dress?” A familiar voice said.


“Stop calling me honey okay?”


“Why? We’re soon to be husband and wife.” He said and laughed.


“Urusai !”


“So are you free tomorrow?”


“ I’ll think about it.”


“Please?”


“I have work okay. Excuse me.” She said and ended the call.


She put her phone inside the drawer for her to not hear any more phone calls from Ryosuke.


==

AN: hi minna ~! again, sorry for the typo and grammatical errors :( hope you like it ! even though its a boring chapter haha

till chapter 6 !