Chapter 14 - Sweet Nothings

Perfect Life

Chapter 14

Yamada’s POV

“Ne Ryo-chan, do you think it is good on me?” I heard Haruna asks me as she picks a one piece dress and shows it to me.

“Yeah , I think.” I said in a bored tone.


After their encounter 3 days ago, here I am again, having this ‘relationship’ with her. She blackmailed me that if I will not continue our relationship she will tell the press that Im already married. I was scared to let my career falls down because of that, but I feared most is that Mirai’s career will also be doomed. That’s why I agreed to Haruna’s condition.


‘God ! I miss her so much!’ I thought.


“Ryo-chan? Are you here with me?” Haruna asked and waved her hands in front of my face.

1 (82)


“A- AH Im sorry. Im just tired.” I said as an excuse.

1 (81)


“I know you’re not.” She hissed.


“Ah ! You’re Yamada Ryosuke of Hey Say Jump right?” one of the salesladies recognized me.

‘SHOOT ! I forgot to do a little disguise!’ I said to my self and tried to hide my face under my cap. Whenever we go out, I always do a little disguise or else my career is over. ‘Its her fault for making me hurry a while ago.’


“Yes he is.” Haruna butted in and smiled sweetly as she hooked her arms on my left arm.


“And you are?”


“Haruna Kawaguchi.” She said and takes off her sunglasses.


“Eh? The famous model? Are you two dating?” the sales lady asked.


“Yes”


“No.”


“Forget it !” I said and look sharply at the two of them before I walk out of the department store.


“Matte ! Ry0-chan !” I heard Haruna called me while trying to chase me.

1 (119)

But I walked faster. I ride at the taxi who is parking in front of the building.


I sighed when the taxi is already far from the department store.


I feel terrible these past few days. Yuto and Mirai are super close again and I can’t stand it ! Yes, I admit that I’m already falling for Mirai. I don’t know why, but everytime Im with Haruna, it’s her that I want to see. At first I started to hate her, but there is something about her that I really like. Maybe her strong personality, I guess. I really love how she gets angry to me whenever I .



I decided to do a little stop over at Chinen’s house. Good thing he’s there.


“Ryo-chan. What’s wrong?”


“Chii, i have a big problem.” I said as he signed me to sit down.


“Is it about Haruna?”


“Yes, a while ago, she insisted me to go with her. She’s making me hurry that I forgot to do a little disguise, and someone recognizes me.”

1 (49)

“EH? ! Im sure it will be a big fuss tomorrow.”


“Yeah, and worst when the sales lady asks us if we two are dating, SHE DIDNT DENY IT !”


“Oh my ! Ryo-chan, you must stay away from her. She’s dangerous. I don’t why you still have a relationship with her. I thought you two broke up? Did she blackmail you?”


Chii is really smart !’


“Yes. She threatened me that she will crush my career and worst, Mirai’s career. Its okay if its only me, but she will also destroys Mirai’s career. And i don’t want that to happen.”


“Yappari. Ne Ryo-chan, you must still stay away from her. Remember she left you here while she’s having fun there in Paris.

If she really loves you she will never do that.”


“I know Chii, that’s why im trying to fix the mess i’ve done. I know now that its Mirai that I love. She changes my feelings for her and to Haruna. But that jerk Yuto , is taking her away from me.”


Chinen laughed.


“Why are you laughing?” Ryosuke asks.

1 (94)


“Nothing. You’re very funny Ryo. At first you hate her, to the point that you don’t want to marry her. And vice versa, she also hates you. But now you’re very determine to win her. Do you think its easy for you to her fall for you? Remember she like Yuto more than you.” Chinen said.


“Of course I can make her falls for me. Its Yamada Ryosuke you’re talking about.”




“Be true to yourself Ryo-chan, I’m sure she will fall for you.”


“Do you think that will happen?”


“Of course ! “ Chinen said and ruffled my hair.


“Arigato Chii, I feel better talking to you. Hmm, I think I need to go. The sky is getting dark. It might rain soon.” I said and stand up.


“Be careful Ryo-chan. Give my regards to Mirai nee.”


“Hai.” I said and went outside of his house. Good thing there is a taxi nearby and ride in it.
Im on my way home when heavy rains started to pour.


“This must be a bad weather. I wonder if she’s already at home.” I said to myself and calls her, but it seems that she doesn’t answer it.


“Where the heck is she?” I worriedly whispered then I heard a loud growl from the sky then a few seconds later a lightning draw from it.


After 15 minutes , I finally arrived at our house. It seems that nobody is at home because the lights are off. I go to the laundry room to get a clean towel when a lightning strikes again. I heard someone’s crying from the storage room.


“Mirai? Is that you?” i called.


I went to the storage room and check it.


As i open the door, I saw Mirai sitting like a child with her arms wrap around her knees. She’s crying. She’s really in a total mess.


“Mi-chan? Daijoubu?” I said and tried to touch her.

But she shoved my hand.


“Dont touch me.” She yelled.

1 (88)


“Mi-chan , I—“


I didn’t continue my sentence because another lightning strikes again.


Im surprised when Mirai suddenly threw herself to me and hugs me tightly.

1 (69)




She cried.


I hug her, knowing now that she’s afraid of lightning.


“Shhhh, its okay. Im here for you. I will protect you.” I said while gently patting her head. I let my arms to cover her ears. She’s shaking very hard, and she’s somehow warm.

1 (9)

After an hour, the rain finally stops.


Mirai gently pushes me away.


“Im sorry if you have to see me like this.” She said and tries to fix herself.


I cupped her face with my hands and wipes off the tears below her puffy eyes.


“Its okay. You need to rest; I’ll walk you to your room.” I said and helped her to stand. I can feel that she’s still weak.


I help her to fix her bed and gently guide her as she lies down.


“Get a rest. I’ll cook our dinner.”I said and kissed her forehead. I saw her blushed a little.


After a few minutes, she fell asleep.


I watch her sleeping for a few minutes before i went out of her room.


--End of POV—


Mirai felt that someone gently taps her cheeks


“Mi-chan? Wake up, dinner’s ready.”


She heard Ryosuke’s voice.


She slowly opens her eyes. She saw the handsome image of Ryosuke in front of her.


“Wake up sleepy head.” He said and gives her his most dazzling smile.


“Urusai.” Mirai said and blushed.


“I cook your favourite.” He said and handed her the plate.


“Itadakimasu.” Ryosuke said and started to eat. He noticed that Mirai didn’t eat her food.


“Why don’t you eat? You didn’t like it?”


943390_10151235742627537_961875336_n

“You didn’t put anything bad here are you?” she asked and inspects the food.


“Of course not! Im not like you.”



“what?”


“Betsuni. Just eat.” He said while laughing.




Then she started to eat.


“Oishii !”


“I told you. Im good at cooking you know.”

“But Yuto is better than you.” Mirai said.

299871_1573717720370_437685916_n


“Dont compare me to him.” He said sounded like jealous.

yamada ryosuke - daichi


“He’s more handsome and popular in HSJ.” She said, trying to tease Ryosuke.


“I’m the most popular and handsome in our group.” Ryosuke said and laughed.


“No. I think you’re the only second next to him.”

“Ahh,,, is that so...” he said and grinned. He suddenly tickles Mirai on her side. Mirai tries to catch his hands.



Ryosuke notice that Mirai didn’t wear their wedding ring.


“Why are you not wearing our ring?” he asks.


“Why would I? You also didn’t wear yours. Besides, I will get caught if I wear that.” She said.


“You must wear it starting tomorrow.” Ryosuke seriously said.


“And if I don’t want?”


Ryosuke’s face slowly leaned near to her face.


“W-What do you want?” Mirai nervously asked.

07-12-2010_12-07-28


Ryosuke grinned and get his phone.


“Remember this?” he said and shows the photo to Mirai. It is the photo that he also used to blackmail her to marry him.


“S-Sore wa....” she said and tried to get it from him. “delete it !”


“No , my sweetie, until you wear our wedding ring tomorrow.” He said and grinned.


Mirai deeply sighed. She’s already pissed.


‘How dare you Ryosuke Yamada to do this to me !’ she angrily said to herself and immediately finished her food.


“You can leave now.” She coldly said as she gives back the plate to him and positioned herself to sleep.


“Y-You finished already?” 


“Get out.” She said in an authoritative voice.


Ryosuke just follows her demand. He quietly gets out of her room.


As he gets out of the room, he smiled.


‘Its better that I didn’t delete that photo.’ He said. I can use it to make you fall for me.’


--


After that night, Mirai always wear their wedding ring when she’s with Ryosuke, but when he’s not around, she takes it off on her finger.


A week has passed and it is almost the week of the contest. Mirai and Honoka are busy preparing for it. They are busy doing their rehearsals when Yuto suddenly enters the rehearsal room.



“Mirai !” he exclaimed.


Mirai and the others are surprised because of him. The director suddenly signed to stop.

“Why? What are you doing here?” Mirai asked.



“Y-You’re dad. . .” he said nervously and looks at Mirai seriously.

IzeJzRnPlxQ


Mirai suddenly freeze. She felt a sudden nervous.


“W-What happen to my dad?” 


Yuto take a deep breath. “He’s in the hospital right now. He suddenly collapsed a while ago. Nanami called me.”


“WHAT? !” she exclaimed. She felt her tears starts to form on her eyes.


“Let’s go Mirai.” Yuto said and grabbed her hands.


A few minutes later they are on their way to the hospital.


Mirai burst out her tears when she saw her dad on the intensive care unit of the hospital.


“Otou-san.” She said while crying.

1 (56)


“Mi-chan.” Yuto sadly said and hug her.


“Mirai-chan, the doctor said that oji-sama will not stay any longer.” Nanami said while comforting her cousin.


Mirai cries hard.



The door of the ICU opened.


“Yamagata-sensei.”


“Im sorry to say but, it seems that he will not stay that long.” Yamagata-sensei sadly said and guides them inside the ICU.


“How long?” she asked as she watches her father heavily breathing at the other side of the room. She leaned on the glass to get a better view of him.

“3 weeks perhaps.” Yamagata-sensei said.


Mirai suddenly faints when she heard it.


“Mi-chan !” good thing Yuto catch her before she falls.


“Daijoubu?” Yamagata-sensei asked and checks her. “I’ll call a nurse.”


After 30 minutes, Mirai is sleeping on one of the hospital’s rooms.


Yuto stared at Mirai. He felt pity for her. It is been a while since she cried like that. It is when her mother died.
When Nanami gets back to the room, Yuto excused himself and went out of the hospital. He called Ryosuke.


--


Mirai woke up after a long hours of sleep. She was surprised when she saw Ryosuke reading a manga besides her bed.


“Oh. You’re finally awake.” He said and smiled. “Feeling okay now?”

1 (2)

“Where’s my dad?” she asked and tried to get off the hospital bed, but Ryosuke stop her.



“He’s okay for now Mi-chan. You need to rest. I heard from the doctor that you faint because of fatigue and psychological shock.”


“NO ! Ryosuke,, he’s dying.” Mirai said and started to cry again.


Ryosuke felt pity for her. He hugged her tight and tried to comfort her.


“I thought that he will stay much longer.” Mirai said in between her sobs.


“We all want too, but , we’re not the one who holds his life... our lives.”


“I want to be alone. You can go home now, or be with Haruna. Just leave me alone.” Mirai coldly said and push him so that she could release herself in his arms.

1 (88)


“No , I will not –“


“Please.”


Ryosuke just sighed and went out of the room. He wants to accompany her, but he thinks that she needs sometime to be alone. He sat on the bench outside Mirai’s room.


“What are you doing here? Where’s Mirai?” Ryosuke heard a familiar voice asking him.


“She wants to be alone.” He answered Yuto’s question.


“I’ll talk to her.”


“No.” Ryosuke said and grabs Yuto’s arm to stop him from entering Mirai’s room.


“Look, Im still her bestfriend. Maybe she doesn’t want you to see her weakness. I’ll promise you i will not do anything to her. I still respect you.” Yuto said and smiled.


Ryosuke just let go of his arm. Maybe he’s just jealous that Mirai preferred to share her sadness with Yuto rather than him.


A few minutes later, Yuto is now talking to Mirai while Ryosuke is patiently waiting outside. Haruna keeps bugging him with her phone calls. The other JUMP members also texted him, asking for Mirai’s condition. His parents are now on their way back to Japan from America when they learned what happened to Mirai’s father.
He leaned his head on the wall and closed his eyes. He didn’t know how many minutes or hours he falls asleep. He just felt that someone is tapping his cheeks, trying to wake him up.


“Ryo-chan, I need to go. Can you please take care of Mi-chan?” Its Yuto.


He saw that his eyes were kinda red, as if he’s been crying a few moments ago.


“H-Hai, demo, i think she doesn’t want to see me.”


“Its okay, i already calm her a bit. Just stay by her side for tonight. I still have things to do at home. I trust you.”

Ryosuke just nod and watch Yuto’s figure gone out of his sight.

When he went inside Mirai’s room, he saw sitting on the bed, while staring blankly at the windows.


“Mi-chan, you need to rest.”


Mirai just looked at me with her cold eyes.


“I thought you already leave. Well, you can leave now.”

295_33264377536_9866_n


Mirai’s words lightly stab his heart. Why does she have a different attitude to me?’


“I’ll leave when i saw you are already fine.”


“I will not be fine, unless my father is already fine.”


“Mi-chan don’t be stubborn. You need to also think about yourself.”


“Yeah, every one of you says that, but don’t you ever think about me? About my feelings?.” She angrily said.


Ryosuke suddenly hugs her.


“Now, go to sleep, or else i will not release you.”


“Let go of me !” Mirai said and punches Ryosuke on his chest. But he’s strong and she doesn’t have the choice but to let him do what he wants. She started to cry again.


“I don’t want to be alone. My mother already died, and now father is in critical condition. The doctor said he will not stay that longer. I feel that everyone leaves me.” She said in between her tears.

295_33264377536_9866_n


“Shhh, im here okay? I will not leave you. Now, i know the reason why he fixes our marriage. He wants you to be happy. He wants you to have a companion before he gone.” Ryosuke said while gently tapping her head.


“Happy? With you? Don’t kid me.” She said and pushed him away. “I-I-I don’t like you anyway.” She said and look away from his stare.


Ryosuke smiled.


“That’s the SHIDA MIRAI  I know.” He said and mess my hair.

1 (2)


 She just looked at him.


“I’m going to buy something , what would you like to eat?” Ryosuke ask and stand up.
He was about to walk at the door when Mirai stop him by holding the heam of his shirt.


D-Dont leave.” Mirai shyly said.


“Im just going to buy food. I didn’t eat yet since lunch time.” He said


“P-Please.”


Ryosuke sighed and smiled. “Hai. So if i were you, you should be sleeping now. Okay?”he said anh help her to lie down.


Mirai just looked at him.


“What?” he asked when he noticed that she is staring at him.


“None. Y-You can leave after I get to sleep.” She said and closed her eyes.


Ryosuke sits down beside her bed and stares at her.


“Oyasumi,” he said.


He holds her hand. He smiled when he saw that Mirai wears their wedding ring.
They didn’t know, Haruna is outside their room and saw them.


“i’ll make sure you two gonna pay for this.” She angrily said to herself and takes a photo of them.

1 (100)




AN:
Minna ! sorry for the long update T_______T i dont have much ideas coming in my head :( honto gomen ... i'll try to update the next as soon as possible :)

Arigatooooo XD

photo credits to the owners :) (i do not own the pics )