Chapter 16 - Goodbyes

Perfect Life

 Chapter 16

-a few months later-

Since that day, Ryosuke acts cold towards Mirai. Mirai also gives up the thought of Ryosuke is somehow likes her.  After her father passed away, he seldoms stays home.

He stays much at his parents’ house rather than their house.

While Mirai is now on her moving on stage after her father passed away. She enjoys much of her time everytime Yuto asks her out instead of sulking herself at home. Thanks to him, she slowly accepts her father’s death.

One Friday evening, Yuto asks Mirai to have a dinner with him.

Mirai was about to leave their house when Ryosuke suddenly went in.

“Oh, its you.” She said casually.

“Yeah. I will be staying here for tonight.” He coldly said.

“Fine.” Mirai said and continues to walk towards the door.

“Wait.” Ryosuke said and grabs her right arm.

“What?”

Ryosuke didn’t answer and slowly pulls Mirai towards him.

“W-What are you doing?” Mirai nervously said.

A few seconds she is now inside Ryosuke’s arms.

“C-Chott---“

“Stay still.” He commanded.

“H-Ha? L-Let me go ! I still have  to –“

“Meet Yuto again?”

Mirai didn’t answer.

She felt that Ryosuke sighed and hug her tightly for a few seconds then released him.

“You’re free to go.” He said and went upstairs.

Mirai follows her gaze to the fading image of Ryosuke.

“Weird.” She just said before she leaves.

--

The next day, the whole Hey Say JUMP is busy preparing for their Christmas concert. Johnny already announced it to them a few weeks ago that is why they are busy rehearsing their numbers.

“Konnichiwa Minna-san !”

They heard a familiar voice enters their rehearsal room. They were taking their breaks when she enters the room.

“H-Haruna? What are you doing here?”  Ryosuke was surprised to see her.

She immediately cling her arms on Ryosuke’s left arm.

“I have a mini surprise for you.” She said and looks at him. “And also for you guys”, then look at the other members.

“What is it now Kawaguchi-san?” Yabu asked.

“Wait and see. You’ll be surprised.” She said. “Especially you, my dear Ryo-chan.”

With that she left the room.

“She gives me chills.” Chinen said.

Ryosuke sighed. “What is it this time?”

“Dont worry her. She’s just saying those to distract you.” Yuto said.

Ryosuke just look at Yuto. Still, he can’t change his cold attitude to him.

“I can feel bad things will happen to you Ryo-chan. be careful.” Inoo said.

They continue their practice after a short talk with each other.

--

It is already 8 pm in the evening.

The HSJ members were now on their room and having their rest before leaving. They just finished their practice a few minutes ago.

Ryosuke checks his phone and surprised to see a message from Haruna.

“ Watch my interview at *toot* channel by 8:20pm. I’ll be announcing something.” , it says.

Ryosuke opens the television inside the room.

“Do you want to watch something?” Hikaru asked.

“Haruna texted me to watch her interview.” He said.

“Nah, don’t mind her.” Chinen butted in.

“But –“

They were all focus on the television when Haruna appeared on the screen.

“Good evening Kawaguchi-san.” The host greeted her as she signed Haruna to sit down.

“Good evening to all the viewers.” She said and smiled and slightly bowed her head.

The host keeps complimenting Haruna about her new career as an actress. After she won the contest last month, many offers arrived on her. She is now pursuing her acting career.

“I heard that you have an announcement to make, what is it Haruna-chan?” the host asked.

“My agency will probably get mad, but i want to take this opportunity to announce something important. Actually...”

Ryosuke gulped. He suddenly felt a sudden nervous.

“Im already engage with Yamada Ryosuke of Hey Say JUMP.” She straightly said to the camera and shows her left hand. The camera focused on her ring finger.

All the members’ jaw dropped when they heard her announcement.

“W-Wh-What the hell is she saying?” Chinen asked and turned his gaze to Ryosuke who is still in shock.

“I-It’s the same ring! But... it is our wedding ring, how come she had it?” Ryosuke asked instead of answering Chinen’s question.

“I-Is it true Haruna-chan? You’re engage with Yamada –san of HSJ? It is Johnny’s Entertainment you know. They never allowed relationships right?” the host was also surprised.

“Is that so? But here it is,  I do have proof. Check also his finger, he also had this.” Haruna said and smirked.

Yabu turned off the television.

“Ryo-chan, is it true?” Yuto asked.

“Of course its not! Maybe Haruna buys the same design as Ryo’s ring.” Chinen answered instead of Ryosuke.

Ryosuke still can’t believe what is happening that time.

DAMN YOU HARUNA ! I thought we have a deal ! How dare you said that on national tv and in front of me and Mirai—WAIT ! WHAT IF MIRAI SAW THIS !’

“M-Mirai ! I need to find her.” Ryosuke said and immediately grabbed his things before he went out.

“Wait Ryo-chan !” then all the members of HSJ went after him.

--

“Im already engage with Yamada Ryosuke of Hey Say JUMP.”

Those words echoed on her ears.

“Engage she says?” she said as her eyes widened when she saw the ring on Haruna’s ring finger.

“HOW DARE HE ALSO BUYS THE SAME RING WE USED!.” she suddenly exclaimed. ‘Wait, same? What if ? No... I’m pretty sure I lost it on the contest.’

She felt a huge pain strikes her heart. Tears started to flow on her cheeks.

“Wait why am I crying? ... but still we’re married. Why do i feel hurt? Why—“  her thoughts were stopped when the door suddenly burst.

“Mi-chan !”

She hear that voice, the voice she really wants to hear last.

She immediately wipes her tears and composures herself.

“What are you doing here?” she coldly said. Good thing that her back is the one facing his direction. He didn’t see her face.

Tears starts to falls down on her cheeks.

Yes she will admit to herself, SHE’S INLOVE WITH YAMADA RYOSUKE. She’s inlove with that jerk and stupid strawberry addict. She’s inlove with him even though he seldoms stays at their home. She’s inlove with him even though he always . She’s inlove with him even though he didn’t love her back.

She always rejects on her mind about his feelings for him, but everytime she sees Ryosuke her heart beats fast. She didn’t know that she slowly falls in love with him even though he didn’t care about her.

She immedieately wiped her tears and composed herself.

“Mi-chan, anou sa—“

“If it is about the news its okay , Im fine, really. You don’t need to worry. Well as if you are worried for me.” Mirai sarcastically said.

“Its not what you think—“

“AND WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO THINK? THAT IT IS JUST A DRAMA THAT YOU TWO PLAYED? DO YOU THINK IM STUPID?” Mirai suddenly bursted out.

She didn’t control herself when she heard that Ryosuke still denied it.

The other HSJ members came in and heard Mirai’s angry voice.

“Mi-chan, calm down.” Yuto said.

“DONT INTERFERE!” she angrily said to them.

“Mi-chan , calm down!” Ryosuke went close to her and closed her in his arms.

“LET ME GO ! YOU IDIOT !” Mirai said in a hysterical voice and starts to punch Ryosuke’s chest.

“No ! You don’t understand. It is not what you think !” Ryosuke said and tried to stop her hands.

“I don’t understand? WHAT PART DID I NOT UNDERSTAND HUH RYOSUKE ?” she angrily said and stops.

“I didn’t know that. Haruna must plan this.”

“Plan? Huh. Im not that blind you know.”

“Why are you being so angry? In the first place you started this.” Ryosuke starts to lose his temper and suddenly released Mirai.

“Me ? ! IT IS YOU ! You’re always with Haruna ever since we get married. I actually don’t know why father chosed you to be my husband, who only knows how to hurt my feelings. I’d rather be with Yuto than with you.!” Mirai angrily said.

Ryosuke’s temper already reached its limit. He suddenly remembers the scene he saw last month.

“Take back what you said.” He again pulls Mirai on him and suddenly kissed her.

Mirai was surprised of his action.  She was surprised because he kissed her infront of HSJ members especially in front of Yuto.

She suddenly slapped him.

Everybody was surprised. No one ever tried to talk.

Ryosuke released her.

“I WILL NOT TAKE IT BACK!” she angrily said. “And by the way , want to know what I feel about the news?”

Ryosuke was the one who surprised when she slapped him hard again on the other side of his cheeks.

“THANK YOU FOR HURTING ME ALWAYS !”  she angrily said and walked towards the stairs.

Before she could reach the stairs, she stopped to get something from her pocket.  She looked for the last time to Ryosuke.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, YOU’RE SUCH A BIG LIAR !” she said and threw a crumpled card on him before she went upstairs.

“Mi-chan !” Yuto called her.

“Dont try to follow me. Im okay. I will not depend on you from now on. You’ve done many things for me. Thank you.” Mirai said when she stopped when he called her. He looked at Yuto’s direction.

Yuto didn’t attempt to follow her.

“So what now Ryo-chan?” Chinen asked.

“I don’t know. I—“ ryosuke didn’t continue his sentence. He just sits on the sofa and buried his face on his hands.

“Dont worry I’ll try to talk to her.” Yuto said.

“Don’t. Why are you always meddling with our life? I know you’re her best friend, and you also know that I am also your bestfriend. Things get complicated when you’re around.” Ryosuke angrily said to him.

“WHAT?” Yuto exclaimed. “Look im the one who is being concerned here—“

“Concerned? So is sleeping in her room is also a part of your concerned thingy?” Ryosuke sarcastically said.

“You sleep with her ?” Hikaru exclaimed.

Yuto was surprised of what Ryosuke said.

The whole HSJ members where looking on him with a suspicious look.

“I-Its not what you think. I just comforted her. You know, his father passed away, and she needs someone who can cheer her up. As her best friend, I help her. Unlike HER HUSBAND who doesn’t seem to care!” Yuto explained.

“But it is still I who has the responsibility to make her smile, to cheer her up and to ---“ Ryosuke paused.

“To what?” Inoo butted in.

“to love her.” Ryosuke said in a low voice.

“Huh! But you’re doing to opposite Ryosuke. You make her cry and hurt her feelings. You always left her alone and flirt with Haruna.”

“Im not flirting with her ! She blackmails me ! I— never mind.”

“Blackmail?” Keito asked. “What kind of blackmail?”

“Its none of your business.”

“Remember what I said to you? I will never forgive you if you hurt her.  I will take her away from you. You heard what she said a while ago right? He still prefers me more than you.” Yuto said and walked out of the house.

“Ryosuke, settle this mess of yours with your wife. The concert is coming. I want you guys to concentrate okay? If there is something you need, just don’t hesitate to ask us. We are still your friends, and we care for the both you.” Yabu said and smiled to him.

Ryosuke smiled a little.

“Thank you Yabu-kun. I am sorry for making this whole mess.”

“It’s okay Ryo-chan. By the way what is that blackmail thing?” Takaki said.

“He was being blackmail that if he will break up with Haruna, she will leaked to the press about their marriage.” Chinen answered. He knows Ryosuke doesn’t want to talk about it.

“EH ? and you agreed with that? Did Mirai know this?” Daiki asked.

“No. She didn’t. I don’t want her career to destroy because of me. I know she loves modelling, and as her husband i don’t want to take that away. That’s why Im like a TOY who always follows Haruna’s orders.” Ryosuke confessed. “But please don’t tell it to Yuto and Mirai.”

“Poor Ryo-chan.”  Keito said and tapped Ryosuke’s shoulders.

“Im going to fix this mess Yabu-kun, I promise.” RYosuke said.

Yabu sighed.

“One thing I want to ask. Did you really love Mirai?” Yabu asked and looked straightly to Ryosuke’s eyes.

Ryosuke sighed. He looked to everyone before meeting Yabu’s eyes.

“Yes. Yes I really love her and I will protect her no matter what.” Ryosuke said that made Yabu smile and felt at ease.

When the JUMP members were already gone, Ryosuke tried to talk with Mirai.

“Mi-chan, let’s talk.”

But no response from her.

“Mi-chan, can you open the door?”

“. . .”

“Mi-chan, I know you’re mad. Look I didn’t know what Haruna did. Im telling you the truth.” He said even though she didn’t response. He looked at the crumpled paper that Mirai threw at him.

“And I really meant what I wrote to you.” He said. He tightly held the paper. Tears starts to falls down again on his cheeks.

“If slapping me will feel you at ease then do it, just don’t get mad at me.” He said and leaned on the wall.

“It will not change what you two did, and please just leave me alone. After all im used to being alone.” He heard her response.

“But –“

“JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! I DONT NEED YOU!”

Ryosuke sighed. Maybe it’s not the right time to talk to her.

‘What am I doing? I’m really stupid!’  he said to his self. He sat down outside Mirai’s room and patiently waiting for her to come out.

--

Mirai was still mad at Ryosuke.

“How dare he to play with my feelings ! Showing his kindness to me but in the end he still loves Haruna !” she angrily said and started to pack her things.

She decided to leave the house. She will stay first at their house.

When she finished packing her things , she carefully opens her door. She saw Ryosuke asleep outside her room.

She felt a little pity for him.

“No ! Dont be fooled again. If its not you I will not do this . I want to know how important i am to you if I runaway from this house.” She whispered and carefully went outside her room.

She was about to go downstairs when Ryosuke suddenly talks.

“Don’t go Mi-chan. I do really love you.” He mumbled while asleep.

Mirai got nervous when she heard him. She thought that he is awake and wants to stop her.

She smiled a little but controls herself. She went back to her room and gets a blanket then went out.

She went near him. She saw the traces of his tears on his cheeks.

“I don’t know that you also can cry.” She whispered.

She places her right thumb on his cheek and carefully wipes off his tears.

“Im sorry Ryosuke. I need to do this, I know I must be angry at you, but seeing you like this, it somehow melts my heart. I don’t know why. I don’t know how it starts. But i know one thing for sure; it is that I am already falling for you. I want to know how important I am to you. I also want to know that is it worth it that i married you instead of Yuto. I am sorry to leave you. If you will be able to find me, that is the time i can really forgive you.” She whispered while gently patting his head.

“Goodbye for now, my dear Ryosuke.” She said and gently kissed his forehead.

She stands and carefully leaves their house.

--

“Goodbye for now, my dear Ryosuke.”

Ryosuke suddenly wake up when those words echoed on his ears.

“Am I dreaming? Did I dream of Mirai leaving me?” he asked himself. He was surprised when he felt a blanket wrapped around him.

His eyes went wide and immediately stood up then checked her room. He was surprised when he found out that her room is empty. No traces of her.

He searches all around the house, but no Mirai was found.

“Where did she go? If that’s the case, I am not dreaming when I hear those words.” He concluded.

In his dream Mirai was saying something but he couldn’t hear. Her last sentence is the one that is clear.

“Goodbye for now, my dear Ryosuke.”  He recited.

He tried to call Yuto , but he didn’t answer. He tried the other HSJ members but also they didn’t know where is Mirai.

“Maybe she is with Yuto. I will never forgive him!” he angrily said and went outside to find her.

Its almost 3 am in the morning when he got home, still failed to find Mirai.

Yuto already send a message at him that she is not with Yuto.

He somehow trusts him even though they’re not in good terms right now.

“Mirai where are you? If anything happens to you, I will not forgive myself.” He said to himself while looking at their wedding photo.

--