Chapter 3 - A Decision to Make

Perfect Life

Chapter 3 – A Decision to Make


After  a week of being hospitalized, Mirai’s father can now be discharged from the hospital. In that period of time, she tried her best to take good care of her father. She also tried not to open up the topic of marriage in front of his father. When her father brought up that topic , she immediately change it. She still didn’t know what to do.


When they reached their house , she accompanied her father in his room.

“Arigato Mirai-chan.” Her father said after she helped him to lie in his bed.


“Dont worry about it oto-chan. You better rest.” She smiled.


“Nah , Im  doing fine okay? I can still exercise.” He joked.


“Oto-chan, you cant do that. Yamagata-sensei told me that you should not get tired.” (Mirai)


“Kidding.” He said and laughed.


“I’ll go get some tea.” She said and walked into the door.


“Matte Mirai-chan.”


“Hmm? Nani?” (Mirai)


“Let’s talk.”


Mirai suddenly felt nervous.


“What is it ?” (Mirai)


“Sit here.” Her father said and taps a small space on his bed.


Mirai followed his order. She sat beside him. He firmly held her hands.


“I know i’m being selfish about this. But can you think again about the marriage I’ve been talking to you?” he said.


Yappari.’ Mirai thought.


“Oto-chan, I—“


“Its for your own good Mirai-chan. Im not going to stay that long. I want you to have the best and perfect life before I gone.” His
father said and started to cry.


“Oto-chan.” Is the only thing she could said. “I – I’m going to think it over.”


Her father’s eyes enlightened at what she said.


“Honto? Arigato Mirai-chan !” he said and hugged her.


Mirai just give a fake smile to her father.


==


That night her thoughts we are cuddled up on her mind. She cant think properly.


“Mou ! He wants me to have a perfect life . He’s just thinking of himself ? ! but what about my feelings ? ! I don’t want to marry
someone i don’t love !” 
she’s ranting inside her room.


Then the image of the guy he met last week popped up on her head.


“WHAT THE ! Why does his face always on my mind ! Arggggh ! I need to relax.” She said and immediately went out of their house.


It’s already 10:30 in the evening. But she doesn’t care. She cant sleep and she needs to think.


She walked.  She finds herself in front of Yuto’s house. She saw no lights in his house.


‘Maybe he’s already asleep.’ She sadly said.


“Mirai-chan?” a voice suddenly popped out from somewhere.


She looked around. She saw Yuto standing a few meters away from her.


“Yuto-kun ! I just thought to visit you.” Mirai said.


Yuto went closer to her spot.


“at least give me a call.” Yuto said and laughed.


“Sorry. I forgot my phone.” Mirai said and slightly smiled.


“that’s okay.  Come in.” Yuto said and let Mirai to enter after he opened the gate of his house.


When they entered the house, Mirai asked Yuto. “ Are you busy?”


“Nope. Our photoshoot finished late that is why I just came home. Coffee?” Yuto asked .


Mirai nodded and followed Yuto in the kitchen.


“Any problem? You looked troubled.” Yuto asked while prepairing their midnight snack.


“I- I’m confused. I don’t know what to do.” (Mirai)


“About the marriage thing?” (Yuto)


“Yes.”


‘To tell you the truth, I don’t want you to marry whoever that guy.’ Yuto wants to say, but instead he said, “Are you willing to do it?
For your father’s sake?”.



“I don’t know. I want him to be happy. I know he will be happy if I do that. But what about myself? My feelings?” (Mirai)


“Mirai-chan. Im sorry, i cant help.”


“Its okay Yuto-kun. That’s why im here. I feel relieved when im here, as if i don’t have any problems to worry about.”


Yuto smiled.


“hai. Drink this. It will help you to relax your mind.” Yuto said and give Mirai a cup of coffee.


“Arigato , Yuto-kun. Im lucky that you are my best friend.” Mirai cheerfully said and drink.


“It’s already late. Want to stay?” Yuto asked.


It’s already 12 midnight.


“Maybe. I will give Nanami a call to tell father if he will look for me.” 


“You’re really a spoiled brat.” He said and smiled. He slightly pinches her nose.


“Mou ! not my nose.” She said and laughed.


They spend the rest of the night together.


==


Another week has passed. Mirai always think about the marriage thing. She still cant decide, inspite that her father always nag her.
Her father’s condition was also get better from time to time. But he’s only advice to come to the office twice a week. That is why her
uncle is the one who manages their agency.


“Mirai-chan, you’re next.” She heard her personal assistant said.


She has a photo shoot today for a magazine.


“hai.” She said and fixed herself.


“ganbatte !” her personal assistant cheered her.


“Thanks.” She smiled.


Her photo shoot start. She was busy making poses, when Honoka Miki, another talent of their agency enters the scene. She is her closest friend among all the models of their agency.

“Ohayo Gozaimasu.” She heard her greet the staffs. “Woah ! Mirai-chan , ganbatte !” she cheerfully said when she saw her.

Mirai smiled and continue to make poses. Honoka watched Mirai carefully.


When the shoot is over, Mirai immediately went near to Honoka.


“Honoka-chan ! Hisashiburi ne? How’s Paris ?” Mirai asked.


Honoka just came back from Paris after 2 weeks of shoot there.


“OMG ! Paris is so cool ! You must try to go there.”Honoka cheerfully said.


“Haha, maybe next time. Anou, can i talk to you later , after your photoshoot?” Mirai asked.


“sure. Is it something serious?”Honoka asked.


“Well yes?” 


“Okay, ill see you later.” Honoka said and went to the dressing room.


After an hour, Mirai  went near to Honoka, who was busy fixing her things after her photo shoot.


“Otsukaresama dea.” Honoka greeted her personal assistant.


“Honoka-chan?” Mirai said.


“Oh Mirai-chan, ah ! souka, you wanted to talk something? Let’s go. I found a new place to hang out.” Honoka cheerfully said and
grabbed Mirai’s right hand and they started to walk.


‘I think its better to ask Honoka about the marriage thing.’ She thought.


After  30 minutes they were inside a new cafe, where only a few people hangs out.


“So, what do you want to talk to?” Honoka asked while they were waiting for their orders.


“I know this is a weird question to ask but, ... what do you think of arranged marriage?” Mirai shyly asked.


“Pfft. What’s with that question? Arranged Marriage is too old tradition now a days.” Honoka said and tried not to laugh about Mirai’s
question.


“Sorry.” 


‘I think its a wrong idea to talk about it to her.’


“Demo , for me, it’s an exciting idea.” Honoka suddenly said and then looked at the windows.


“Eh?” Mirai was surprised of what she said.


“Its because, you didn’t know who will be your husband. I think it feels somehow excited. You will not know if someday you will fall for him or vice versa.”


‘I don’t know if I’m right to ask her about this.’ 


“but what if the girl didn’t love the guy?”


“Only fate will play with our lives. As what Yuki-kun said , “You may hate someone today, but tomorrow you might like that person”.”


‘You may hate someone today, but tomorrow you might like that person, huh?’ Mirai thought as Honoka’s words echoed in her ear.

Out of nowhere Ryosuke’s face showed in her mind. ‘WHAT THE ! ITS NOT THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT HIM !’


“Why  ask me about this?” Honoka asked.


“E-EH? Anou, Honoka-chan, promise me you will not tell this to others okay?” Mirai asked.


Honoka nodded.


“My father wants to me to have an arranged marriage.”


“EH? ! chairman wants it? ! But with whom?” Honoka asked.


“Hai. I don’t know. Im confused Honoka-chan. He wants me to fulfil his wish.”
Honoka smiled.


“Its a good chance Mirai-chan. I don’t think it is a wrong idea to have an arrange marriage with someone. Im sure your father chooses him very well.”


“but, im still 20 years old. I don’t have any plans yet about marriage.”


“Its okay. Maybe he’s the one for you. AHHH ! suteki na ~! I wish I also had an extraordinary love story like you Mirai.” 


“Nah. Im still not yet decided.”


“Just follow your heart. If you really love your father, you will grant his wish. Besides, parents knows what is the best for us.” Honoka said and smiled.


I looked at Honoka. She really is a cheerful girl.


‘Maybe she’s right. But why there is a part of me that i don’t want to do this?’



==


That evening, Mirai went to his father’s room.


“Otou-san ? Can we talk?” Mirai asked after she entered his room.


“Sure. Have a seat my dear.” He said and tapped an empty space beside him.


“Otou-san, about the marriage—“


“Its okay dear, i know i’ve been selfish. I’ll give you time to think about it. It’s okay if you’re not yet ready—“


“I-I’m going to marry the son of your bestfriend.” Mirai cut-off his father’s word and declared bravely her decision.


“Eh? Did i heard it right?”


“Hai. I thought you will be happy if I’m going to grant your wish.” Mirai said and smiled a little.


His father hugged her.


“Arigato Mirai-chan. You really made me happy. I will call Yamada-kun tomorrow to have him introduced his son.”


Mirai just smiled. “I’ll better get going otou-san, i still have photo shoots tomorrow. Oyasumi.”


“Oyasumi. Dont forget to be home early tomorrow.”


“Hai.”


After she went to his father’s room, she went outside in their garden. She sat down at the bench beside their mini pool. She looked up to watch the stars.


“Kami-sama, Okaa-san, I’ve made a right decision, right?”


Silence.


She felt her tears fell down on her cheeks. She loves her father, even if he’s a bit strict.


She called Yuto.


“Hello Yuto-kun.” She said when he picked it up.


“Mirai-chan, doue? Is there any problem?”


“I’ve decided, i will obey my father’s wish.”


“EH? ! You’re gonna marry someone you didn’t know?” Yuto was surprised to hear her decision.


“Hai. I want father to be happy. I don’t want to cause him stress and worries.”


“I-I-If it is what you want. Im still here to support you.”


“Arigato Yuto-kun for always being on my side.”


“Dont worry, it’s  okay. As long as you’re happy.”


‘Im not happy ! I don’t want to do this either ! It is you that I love.’ Mirai wants to say to Yuto. She’s been hiding her feelings for him for a long time‘Im sorry.’


“Good night Yuto-kun. Gomen nasai.” Mirai said and ended the call.


She remained in her spot while gazing at the stars. She cried silently until she cried all her emotions in her heart.


==


“Good night Yuto-kun. Gomen nasai.” 


Then end of the call.


Yuto felt tears falls down on his cheeks.


‘Why Mirai? Why did you agree?’ 


He felt millions of needles pricked on his heart when he heard her decision.


‘Why is it this time? Im planning to confess to her soon.’


Yuto just hugged his favourite pillow and just like Mirai, he let all his emotions cried out.


==


Meanwhile, at Yamada’s Residence.


“WHAT? ! You’ve been planning all this behind my back?” Ryosuke angrily said to his parents.


“Dont be angry my dear Ryo-chan. We already decided. And besides, Ryunosuke (Shida’s father) , already gave us a call now. Her
daughter already agreed to the marriage.”


“But –“


“No ifs, no buts! If you will not agree on this thing, i’ll make sure you’re out of the Johnny’s by this week.” His father said in an authoritative voice.


“H-Hai.” Ryosuke didn’t answer back.  He knows he can’t win with his father. And he loved the entertainment so much.


“She’s a nice girl Ryo-chan. Im sure you’ll like her.” His mother said and tapped his shoulders.


‘How can I possibly like her? I didn’t even see her.’ He thought.


“But what about the entertainment? Johnny-san will not allow me to marry at this age.” Ryosuke said, thinking of way to convince his
father to withdraw the decision.


“I’v already talked to him, just this afternoon, without your knowing. It’s all settled, all you have to do is to marry Ryunosuke’s
daughter.” His father said.


‘DAMN ! Who the hell is this girl that tries to ruin my life !’ he angrily said.


“By the way, you will marry secretly as for the condition of Kitagawa-san to your marriage.” His mother butts in.


‘Do what you want!’ 


He walked out of their house. He tried to call Yuto but he seems not picking it up. He sighed. He just lurked around their area until he cleared his mind.


‘Im going to marry that girl just to stay in the agency and for my own good, but i will hate her all trough out my life!’ Ryosuke said and made up his decision to marry an unknown girl.

 

 

AN: hi minna ~! again, sorry for the typo and grammatical errors :( hope you like it ! even though its a boring chapter haha

till chapter 4 !