Chapter 17 - Confessions

Perfect Life




-Mirai’s POV-

“Are you hungry Mirai-chan?”

The familiar voice of a middle aged woman interrupts my thoughts.


It’s been a month since I left Ryosuke , and now I’m having a short break on my career.


“Ah, Obaa-sama.” I slightly bowed my head to greet her properly.


“Nah don’t call me obaa-sama, I’m your mother now right?”


“But—“


“If ever I have the chance to see my stupid son I promise you my dear! I will revenge you for what he did to you.”


Yes. I’m now living with the Yamada’s. It’s an accident why I am with them. The night I run-off from our house, I accidentally bumped Ryosuke’s mom on the train station. She asked me where I am going with my stuffs. At first I tried to lie but she sure was pretty smart. We talked about what happened and she offered me to stay on their vacation house at Kanagawa. I declined her offer but she insisted me so much. She will not forgive what Ryosuke did to me. She said that she will be at ease if I’m with their care instead of looking for other place where I can live temporarily. She told it to Ryosuke’s father and they promised to me to keep this as a secret.


Ah, its okay obaa-sama. I just want him to give some space.” I answered and smiled a little.


“Gomen ne Mirai-chan, it’s our fault why these things happened.” Mrs. Yamada said and hugged me.


I smiled.


Why does Ryosuke didn’t get his mother’s traits?’ 


“Don’t be sorry obaa-sama. It’s not your fault.”


“But—“Mrs. Yamada was cut off by the ring of her phone. “Excuse me.” She said and leaves her on the veranda to answer the call.


I walked on the living room. I saw a photo of me and Ryosuke. It is an official photo of us taken by the photographer.


‘I’m sure you’re not missing me. Maybe you’re having fun with Haruna right now? Seriously, what am I to you?’ my thoughts said while looking at our photo.


‘Why are you smiling in this photo even though we both know that you’re not happy with it?’


‘Why are you always tries to make fun of me? Making me feels irritated whenever I see you?’


‘Why is it you who took my first kiss?’


‘Why is it you of all people whom I should get married with?’


‘Why did you agreed to marry me if you’re just dumped me at the corner?’


‘Why is it you that saw my weakness in lightning and thunder?’


‘Why did you make my heart beats fast when you kissed me even though you’re angry at me?’


‘Why did you bake that cake but never give it to me?’


‘Why did you always comfort me whenever I felt down?’


‘Why do I miss you so much now?’


‘Why. . .’
‘. . . did you make me fall for you?’


 I felt tears suddenly flow down on my cheeks. I have many questions but there is no answer.


I hugged the photo and cried silently.


“Mirai ! BAD NEWS! Ryosuke . . . Ryosuke … is … “


The next words of Ryosuke’s mom, made me suddenly dropped the photo frame I am holding.
 


-End of Mirai’s POV-


--


“Ryosuke?”


Ryosuke gently opened his eyes. He frowned when the light rays hits his eyes.


He closed again his eyes for a second then opened it again.


He saw at first blurry figures of the persons beside him.


“Mirai?” he softly said when the image finally gets clear.


“Thank God you’re safe!” Yabu happily said.


“Yabu-kun, where am I? What happened?” Ryosuke asked still dazed.


“Are you okay? Is there anything that hurts?” Yuri asked full of worries for his best friend.


“I think Im okay for now? What happened?” Ryosuke asked again. He tried to rise from the hospital bed when he felt his right foot suddenly ached.


“Itai !”


“Don’t move Ryo-chan, you’re at the hospital. You had an accident. You sprain your right foot. You have a bad landing while practicing your solo. And you hit your head on the floor” Daiki explained.


“You need to rest. The doctor said that it needs two months to finally recover. The concert was already cancelled and moves on another date. Probably you also can’t participate at the Johnny’s Countdown.” Yabu said.


“What? But –“


“You need to rest okay? Besides it is not only your foot that hurts. But this,” Yabu said and pointed on heart. “right?”


“Also your fans are so worried about you.” Takaki said while looking at the window.


There were fans who rushed on the hospital were Ryosuke admitted.


“I’m really sorry if this happened.” Ryosuke said and bowed his head.


“Daijoubu Ryo-chan! We’re a family okay?” Yabu said and smiled.


“We will leave now. Don’t worry no fans will be permitted to visit you here.” Chinen said and they leave Ryosuke in the hands of agency’s security.
 
--


Yuto was patiently waiting outside the building of Mirai’s Agency. He was waiting for someone.  When he saw his target he immediately grabbed her arm and dragged her inside of their car.


“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!” Haruna angrily asked when Yuto finally releases her.


“I should be the one who would like to ask you that question. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO RYOSUKE AND MIRAI?!” Yuto almost shout at Haruna.


Haruna felt scared upon seeing his fiere eyes.


Haruna looked away.


“W-What are you talking about?” Haruna innocently asked.


“You didn’t know? You just mess the lives of my two best friend? Got that? STOP PLAYING AS IF YOU’RE INNOCENT DAMN !” he angrily said and pulled Haruna closer to him. His grip on her arms tightens as he staring angrily at her.


“I-Itai ! I’ll sue you for –“


“Then try doing it ! and I’ll tell the world that you just make up that story.”


“WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM? IM ALREADY GIVING YOU FAVOR. YOU LIKE MIRAI RIGHT? SHE’S YOURS NOW.” Haruna angrily said and grinned devilishly.


The next thing Haruna new was Yuto already filled the gap between their faces and forcefully kissed her. She felt anger while Yuto was kissing her. She angrily slapped him.


WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ? !” Haruna angrily asked.


“I didn’t ask you to give me a favor.  Fixed what you have done, or else, I’ll tell Ryosuke that you planned on stealing Mirai’s ring.”


“How did –“


“You don’t need to know who told me that. Ryosuke got injured because of you. He needs to be admitted at the hospital for 2 months. Because of you he couldn’t participate at our concerts. He’s been pre-occupied with what happened to him and Mirai.”


“I will not tell him. Besides—“


“DO IT OR I WILL BE THE ONE TO TELL RYOSUKE WHAT HAPPENED.”


“Do it ! I don’t care –“


“Are you not aware that Ryosuke will get madder at you if you still deny it? I know him for a long time. He still forgives people who lied to him, just be honest.”


Haruna remained silent. She angrily opened the door and leave.


Yuto rest his head on the headboard. Who would have thought he will do that to Haruna.


“At least this is what I will be compensating for what I’ve also done to you Mi-chan, Ryosuke.” 
 

--


A week has passed and the Christmas and New Year’s Concert were already finished. Ryosuke was still admitted at the hospital. Ryosuke’s parents were always with him during his stay on the hospital.


When Mirai knew that he had an accident she immediately went to the hospital together with Ryosuke’s mom, but she just watch them at a distance.


 “Mi-chan, the members are not here for today. Want to visit him? I know you want to see him.” Mrs. Yamada said on the phone.


“I-I-..” she hesitantly said. “Maybe next time?”


She heard Mrs. Yamada sighed. “Its okay. If you change your mind just contact me, ‘kay?”


“Arigato obaa-sama.” She said before she ended the call.


She let herself fell on the bed. She stared at the white ceiling of Ryosuke’s room. She is now back to their home. She went back when she heard the news about Ryosuke’s accident.


“Maybe if I didn’t runaway maybe this will not happen.” She said to herself while staring at the ceiling.


“Maybe this is the time that I should visit him.”


She stood up and prepares herself to go to the hospital.


--


Mirai’s heartbeat raced as she slowly approaching the room of Ryosuke. Mrs. Yamada told her that he is sleeping. She just wants to see him. When she was on his room’s door, she slightly turned the door knob to open.


She saw him, sleeping on the hospital bed. He looks finer unlike the first time she saw him after the accident.


She slowly sat down on the empty chair beside his bed.


She puts her gift for him on the side table.


Its good that you’re fine. You scared me when I know that you had an accident. Please be careful next time.” She said.


She smiled while looking at him. She stayed for 10 minutes before she leaves him.


“Mi-chan?”


Mirai froze when she hear Yuto’s voice at the door.


She slowly turns around.


“Y-Yuto-kun.”


Yuto suddenly rushed to her and hugged her.


“I miss you so much! Where have you been?” he said. She heard faint sobs from him.


“Yuto lets talked about it somewhere else. I don’t want Ryosuke to know I’m here.” She said and released herself from him.


Yuto understand what she is trying to say that’s why he led Mirai at the small cafeteria outside the hospital.


“So kindly tell me what happened to you these past few months? GOD MIRAI! We’ve been contacting you for almost a month!” 


“Gomen Yuto-kun, I intended not to answer any of your calls, for sure you will drag me back to Ryosuke. I want him to realize what I am to him.” (Mirai)


Yuto sighed.


“Okay, I understand your point but please don’t do it again. I’m seriously worried about you!” 


“Gomen ne Yu-chan, if I made you worried. Don’t worry I’m fine.”


“Where do you live now?”


“I’m already back at our house, since Ryosuke will be staying at the hospital for a while.”


Yuto sighed.


“You know what Mi-chan, both of you really changed since the day you two got married. I somehow envy Ryosuke.”


“Is it because…”


“Its because Ryo-chan is more special for you than me. Right?”


Mirai was surprised of what he said.


“Yuto , I—“


“Its okay, I know you also loved me before but when I kissed you on the resort, I felt that I have been replaced already by Ryo-chan in your heart.” Yuto said and smiled a little. “Even if you hide it to me and to yourself.”


Mirai smiled a little.


“I guess you’re right. Maybe I love Ryosuke all this time, but my mind keeps on rejecting that idea because there is a Nakajima Yuto whom I rely on every time. Maybe I’m using that as a scapegoat on what I really felt about Ryosuke.”


“I guess its confession time?” Yuto said and laughed.


Mirai also laughed.


“Just as I thought you knew my feelings for you. Mouuuu! If only I know---“


“If only you knew, maybe I will be the one whom you are married to instead of Ryosuke, right?”


Mirai blushed.


Yuto laughed upon seeing Mirai blushed.


“Its okay, at least our feelings before was mutual. I guess I feel afraid about confessing to you. That’s why Ryo-chan gets you.” Yuto said and held Mirai’s hands.


“Gomen ne Yu-chan.”


Yuto smiled. “Don’t be. I’m just happy that Ryo-chan is the lucky guy who won my best friend’s heart. Who would have thought that my 2 best friends will get married?” he said.


Mirai pinches Yuto’s cheek. “Arigato Yu-chan.”


“Itai !” he said while caressing his cheeks. 


The two of them laughed.


“I need to go, Ah, I have one more thing I need to give to him. Can you pass it to him?” Mirai said and gets a wallet size photo of Ryosuke she found on Yamada’s house.


She scribbled some words at the back of the photo and gave it to Yuto.


Yuto was curious on what she gave to him. He laughed when he saw the photo.


“I’ll give it to him, promise.” He said and keeps it in his pocket.


“Till next time Yu-chan.” Mirai said and left Yuto at the cafeteria.


--


“Yo.” Yuto greeted Ryosuke who was now awake and blankly looking at the window.


Ryosuke turn his gaze to Yuto.


“Yo.”


Yuto sat at the empty chair besides his bed. ‘How are you?”


“Same as always. By the way did you already come here when I was sleeping? I found this when I woke up.” Ryosuke said and showed him a small box.


“No. why ? what’s inside?” Yuto asked.


Ryosuke showed him a red knitted scarf coming from the box.


Yuto smiled. “Maybe it’s a gift from one of your special fans?”


“I thought I’m guarded here, how come a fan of mine can enter my room?” 


“Relax Ryo-chan. I said ‘Special’. Actually she’s someone who is dearest to you.”


“Who could have been --- wait, Mi-chan is here? Where is she? I want to –“ 


“I said relax okay, yes she’s here a while ago.” Yuto said and gets the red scarf from him.


“What did she said? Is she alright? Where is she staying? Why didn’t she wake me? Why didn’t you stop her? Answer me Yuto ! I want to know!” Ryosuke hysterically said while nagging him.


“Ryo-chan, calm down.” Yuto said while laughing.


“Why are you laughing ? Damn !” Ryosuke said started to cry.


Yuto gets alarmed when he saw Rysouke cried.


“W-Wait don’t cry Ryo-chan.” Yuto said and tried to calm Ryosuke.


He wraps the scarf around his neck. “She said that she’s fine and she doesn’t want you to know where she’s staying.” Yuto said and smiled. He gets the photo that Mirai gave to him. He handed it to Ryosuke. “But I guess this is where she stayed.”
Ryosuke looked at the photo. It is his childhood photo wearing his sister’s dress. It was taken when he was 5 years old.


“This picture, . . .where did you get this?” 


“Better ask her. She’s the one who gave it to me. She said to hand it to you.”


Ryosuke flipped the photo and saw some message in it.


“TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF BAKA ! Don’t worry about me. PS. I’ll let the press know this photo if ever you tempt to find me. – Mirai.”


Ryosuke laugh and wiped his tears.


“You will never do that Mi-chan, I will be the one who will first sets you on my trap that you will never forget.”


“Ehh , it seems that you’re planning something.” Yuto smiled.


“I still need to fix my thing with Haruna.”


“This is your last chance Ryosuke. I already sacrificed my feelings for her. Don’t let my sacrifice be in waste.”
Ryosuke smiled.


“Just wait and see Yu-chan, I will never let that happen again.” 


After their misunderstandings with each other, finally the two of them plot a trap to fix Ryosuke’s messy marriage life.


--


After a month Ryosuke finally released from the hospital. He requested Johnny to hold a press conference regarding the issue created by Haruna. Speaking of her, there were no news about her after the revelation she said on public. Her agency said that she’s preparing for her flight to France for some modeling projects.


“I’m sorry for causing so much trouble about what Kawaguchi Haruna said.” Ryosuke said and bowed to the press.


His press conference was televised nationwide. Mirai , who was now staying at their house, was also watching his press conference.


“yes, before, we have a relationship. But she broke up with me before she went to Paris.”


“But what about the ring on your ring finger? She said that you also had the same ring.” One of the reporters asked.


Ryosuke bravely show his ring finger to the camera.


“what Haruna said is true, I also had the same ring as her, but that ring is not really hers. It belongs to someone else, the real owner of that ring, to my real wife.” 


“R-Real Wife? You’re already married?” the reporters started to make noise because of what he said.


“We thought that JE doesn’t allow relationships?”


“Yes. But Johnny makes it special case for some private reason. Please do respect our side. I’m sorry again for causing so much fuss. Maybe after our concert I will be quitting JE.” Ryosuke said and looked at the hsj members besides him.


“WHAT ? Ryo-chan? are you serious ? It’s not part of what we talked?” Yabu angrily whispered to him. All the HSJ members were also surprised.


“I want to fix the mess I’ve done and I want to make up with my wife. I caused her a lot of trouble. I hurt her number of times. Maybe this is the time that I will fix myself, be mature in spite that I’m only 20 years old, for her. I know you’re watching right now, I know that marrying you was the stupid thing I’ve ever committed but I didn’t regret my decision because now I’ve realized that I’m glad that you’re the girl whom I took vow with.” Ryosuke bravely said as he looks seriously on the camera.


The reporters and staffs took photo of him while the others were busy talking with each other about Ryosuke’s announcement. The whole HSJ were remaining silent until the press conference ended.


--


“Baka ! WHY ARE YOU QUITTING JOHNNYS !” Mirai bursts out as she keeps watching him at the television. “You don’t need to do that.”


She wants to go where Ryosuke is, but she controls herself.


“Sometimes I don’t really know what you’re thinking. Mouuu Ryosuke ! You’re really my biggest mess in life.” She said and turned off the television.
--


“What’s with that decision Ryosuke? !” Hikaru angrily asked Ryosuke when they we’re already inside their dressing room.


“Its not a part of what we talked.” Yabu also said. His aura suddenly becomes scarier.


“Relax minna, I know it is too sudden, but its just a plan we made.” Ryosuke said and winked to Yuto. The other members exchange their looks to the two of them.


“what’s the meaning of this?” Yuya asked.


Ryosuke smiled and tells his plan with the HSJ members.


--


Ryosuke was about to go home on his parent’s house when he saw a familiar figure waiting for him at the JE Building.


“What are you doing here?” he coldly asked.


“I want to talk to you.” Haruna said and handed him a small box.
“What is this?” 


“I will go to France by next week. You will not see me anymore. I guess staying there will be good for the both of us. I knew I’ve done many things that ruined your life. I’m really sorry.” She said and bowed as an apology.


Ryosuke sighed and opened the box.


“Yes I admit I got angry at what you’ve done, but it already happened right?” Ryosuke said and hugged her. “You thought me how to become strong Haruna, when you first leave me. I admit that I still love you before but when Mirai came to my life, my whole world change, though at first I hate her. I experienced for the first time jealousy over my best friend, first time I’ve missed someone so much and more pain when she left me.” He said.

Haruna cried.



“Gomen ne Ryo-chan, I just did that because I still love you, and I really can’t accept the idea that you’re already married someone else. I’m really sorry.”


“Shhh, Its okay, since you’ve done this mess I want you take part of what I’ve planned.” 


“Planned?”


“Yes. I’ll tell you the details later. Want to have dinner?”


Haruna wiped her tears and smiled. “hai.”


--


“Mou, Yuto is really slow.” Mirai said while keep looking at her watch.


Yuto said that he had something important to say that he wants them to meet at their usual meeting place.
Mirai drinks the cup of coffee she ordered a while ago.


“Shida-san,” a familiar voice makes her froze. She slowly turned around to see that person. “H-Haruna?”


Haruna smiled and sit at the empty chair across her.


“W-What are you doing here?” Mirai calmly asked.


“Im here to say goodbye. I will go to France by the next week.” 


“Oh, well good for you, after ruining our life.” Mirai said sarcastically.
Haruna laughed.


“Now I know why Ryosuke chooses you. Don’t worry Mirai, I already fixed the mess I’ve done. That’s why I’m here.”


“What are you talking about?”


“Hai,” she said and handed her something. “I want to watch their concert with you for the last time. I want to spend my last day in Japan with you. Well I know you’re not gonna come with me, after all the things I’ve done. Im really sorry mirai.” Haruna said.


Mirai looked at her. ‘She seems to be sincere.’


“I also want to be friends with you.” 


“Eh?”


“I know I’ve done many bad things to you, but just give me a chance to repent all my sins.” 
Mirai thinks. “will I trust her ?”                       


“Its okay if you don’t trust me for now, but please I want you to go the concert with me before I go to France.”


“I’ll think about it.”


Haruna smiled. “Arigato.”


“One last question, did you steal my ring?”


“If you really loves Ryosuke, I’m sure that ring will be find its way back to you. Ja.” She smiled and bid goodbye to her.


“What’s wrong with her? Acting like that all of a sudden?” Mirai said to herself while looking at the ticket.
 

 

--
AN: MINNAAA XD FINALLY I've updated this fanfic ! Im so sorry for not updating ! :( quite busy :(
hope you guys still reads this.  :)

Comments are <3

This series is nearing to an end, hope you will still subsribed this series :) 
ARIGATOO