Chapter 10 - Unexpected Proposal

Perfect Life

Chapter 10


The next day, Mirai woke up late. It is already 1:30pm. She was surprised to see her swollen face in the mirror. Good thing it was her rest day today.


‘This is his entire fault!’ she thought when she remembered the scene last night.


She washed her face and went out to her room. The quiet atmosphere welcomed her.


“Maybe he’s already gone. Well that’s good. I don’t want to see him.” She said to herself and went to the kitchen to find some food to eat.


She saw nothing in their refrigerator.


“Damn! Are they that glutton?” she angrily said and sat down on the chair.


She decided to buy some groceries for herself. She dressed and put a mask on her face to disguise before she went out. When she properly locked their house, she immediately went to the supermarket.
She was busy picking instant noodles on her cart when someone called her.


“Moshi Moshi?”


“Mirai –chan ? are you at home? Your father told me that it is your day off today. We like to pay a visit later in your house. Maybe around dinner time?” Mrs. Yamada said on the phone.


“WHAT?” she suddenly exclaimed. “Ah, gomen nasai. Demo—“


“let’s see each other okay?” with this Mrs. Yamada ended the call.
Mirai’s jaw dropped.


“Oh my Gosh ! This is terrible!” 


She tried to call Ryosuke but he didnt seem answer his phone.


“Damn ! Answer your phone !” she said to herself while looking at her watch. It is already 3 in the afternoon. She only has a few hours to prepare. When she didn’t get through Ryosuke’s phone, she decided to call Yuto. But he also didnt answer it.


“Maybe they’re in the middle of the shoot.” She said to herself.


She called Honoka, her last hope.


“Moshi Moshi?” she heard Honoka said on the other line.


‘Honoka-chan? Anou, where are you?” she asked.


“Im in the middle of the shoot with Yuki-kun. It is our break time. Why?”


“Anou, can you help me? My dad and Ryosuke’s parents will pay a visit later. They will eat dinner n our house. I- I dont know what to cook.” Mirai said.


“Eh? Just search something on the net. Or maybe buy a cookbook?” Honoka suggested.


“I-I-I dont know how to cook.” She whispered to her phone.


“WHAT?” she heard Honoka exclaimed on the phone. “Are you serious?”


“Yes. Im sorry Honoka-chan.” She said with a sad voice.


“I-It’s okay. Try to buy this cookbook im going to send it to you okay?” Honoka said and ended the call.


After a few seconds, Mirai received a text message from Honoka.


She immediately looked for it in the nearby bookstore. Good thing they have still copies of the book. She looks at the list of different dishes. When she decided on what to cook, she went back to the supermarket and buys all the ingredients she needed.



==


“Wahhh ! Im exhausted.” Ryosuke tiringly sat down on the couch on their dressing room.


“”Honto ! Dancing non-stop is really tiring.” Chinen said and gets bottled water for all members on the cooler.


“Ah ! I have a miss call from Mirai-chan.” Yuto said while checking his phone. He tried to call her but it seems she doesn’t answer it.

“Nee, Ryo-chan, did Mirai called to you?” he asked.


“Eh? I dont know.” Ryosuke said and checked  his phone. “Ah, she also called me.”


“did something happened?” Chinen asked.


Yuto give him a shrugged while Ryosuke is busy fixing his bag.


“Hi Guys !” Haruna cheerfully greeted them when she entered the room.


“Haruna-chan!” all the members exclaimed with surprised looks on their faces.


“Ne, Ryo-chan ! i’ll go to your house again. I’ve brought some ingredients. I’ll cook for you.” Haruna said and sit beside Ryosuke.

She hooked her arm on his arm.


The HSJ members looked at him suspiciously.


“Haruna, you cant do that. Ryosuke is already—“ Yuto said but he got cut off by Haruna.



“I know. He’s already married with a girl name Shida Mirai right? But who cares, Ryo-chan doesn’t love her. And besides, i just want to cook for him. Poor Ryo-chan, he will die early because of instant noodles.” Haruna said.


“Instant noodles?” Hikaru asked.


“Yes. I saw their refrigerator. There’s no decent food there. Only eggs and hotdogs, plus instant noodles. I can’t believe she’s your wife. She doesn’t even know what to put on your ref.” Haruna said in an insulting tone.


Yuto keep silent, but deep inside him, he wants to shut . He just stares sharply to her then to Ryosuke. He also gives Ryosuke a ‘what’s going on here’ look.


Ryosuke was surprised to see Yuto staring at him. He just looked away.


“Haruna, let’s talk outside okay?” Ryosuke said and lead Haruna outside.


“What are you doing here?” he angrily said. “I told you not to come here remember?”


“I just want to go to your house and cook for you. So let’s go?” haruna said and smiled.


Ryosuke, who admits that he still loves her, sighed. He just cant resist those smile.


“Wakatta, but what if Mirai is there? I don’t want you to get hurt.” Ryosuke asked.


“Its okay. Giver her call before we went to your house.” Haruna said.


Ryosuke gets his phone and called Mirai , but it only rings.


“Maybe she’s busy with something. Let’s go anyway.” Ryosuke said to Haruna.


They didn’t notice Yuto’s presence behind them.


‘Haruna and Ryosuke? Are they dating again?’ Yuto thought.


==


When the two of them arrive from the house, Ryosuke smells something is burning.


“What’s with the smell?” Ryosuke reacted and cover his nose.


He checked the living room, and it seems fine, but when he checked the kitchen, greyish atmosphere welcomed him.

“What is happening here?” he said and tried to get rid of the smoke.


Haruna coughed.


“Mirai?” Ryosuke called.


“Ryosuke.”


He heard a faint voice on the side of the kitchen. He saw a figure sitting on the floor. Her hair is a bit messy. Her apron is full of stains even her face. He looked around the kitchen. It was all in disaster.


Ryosuke immediately helped Mirai on the floor.


“Mirai-chan? Are you okay ? What happened?” he worriedly said and hugs her.


“Ryosuke ! good thing you’re back!” she said somehow enlightened because of Ryosuke.


“Eh? Did anything happen?”


“Our parents will be here after an hour. They will have dinner here; I tried to prepare something good. But—this is what happened.”

She said and started to cry. “I don’t know how to cook.” She said in a low voice.


“What? ! shh. Don’t cry its okay. You should have told me earlier.” Ryosuke sweetly said to Mirai.


“But i cant reach your phone.”


“I have a shoot today. Im sorry.”


“Ehem. Stop that sweet moments. Something is burning on the stove.” Haruna butted in, obviously irritated.



“AHH ! i forgot the soup !” Mirai immediately said and ran towards the stove to turn it off.


Mirai started to cry when she saw the outcome of the soup she’s cooking.


Ryosuke hug her. It is the first time he saw Mirai looks fragile.



“Shhh, i said don’t cry okay? Im going to work on this okay?” he said and kissed Mirai’s forehead.


Mirai was surprised of what he did. She blushed.


“So what am i here?” Haruna said.


“Ahh Gomen nasai Haruna-chan.” He said. “I’ll accompany you to your room okay? Fixed yourself. “ Ryosuke said and tried to fix

Mirai’s hair then he held her hands. He noticed a few bandaids on her fingers.


He was about to ask her but he cut off by Mirai.


“Gomen nasai.” She said and went out of the kitchen.


“I thought you’re gonna kill me with those sweet acts to her.” Haruna said, sounded jealous.


“Dont be jelous okay. I just do that because i feel pity.” He said and hugged Haruna. “So wanna cook with me?”


Haruna smiled. “hai.”


The two of them started to prepare for Ryosuke and Mirai’s parents.


==


When Mirai finished fixing herself, she looked her reflection at the mirror.


“What am I doing? Crying like that infront of him?” she annoyingly said to herself. She slightly tapped her cheeks.


She remembered when Ryosuke kissed her forehead. She touched her forehead.


“mou ! this is not the time to think about it.” She said to herself and went out of her room.


She went to the kitchen. She heard Haruna and Ryosuke laughing with each other, as if enjoying each other’s company. She hid herself behind the door and takes a peek. She saw Haruna preparing some ingredients while Ryosuke is busy cooking something on the stove.


“Ne, I’ve finished cutting the veggies.” Haruna said and handed the plate.


“Arigato.” Ryosuke smiled.


Haruna smiled and hugged Ryosuke from behind.


“Ne, Ryo-chan, I really want our relationship back. Can we start all over again?” Haruna said in a sweet tone.


Ryosuke stopped from what he’s doing.


“Haruna, you know about my situation right? I just cant decide—“


“I’ll talk to her if you want.” Haruna cut-off his sentence.


“don’t do that.”


“Why? Dont tell me you love her?” Haruna asked.


Mirai was surprised when she heard Haruna’s question. She waited for Ryosuke’s answer.


“Haruna, i already said it you, I didn’t love her, nor I didn’t hate her. Its just that i don’t have any feelings for her yet. I just married her because of my parents.”


Mirai felt a little hurt on her heart when she heard his answer.


“Then why don’t we just be together.”


“Haruna, you know my—“ Ryosuke didn’t have a chance to finish his sentence because Haruna suddenly kissed him.


Mirai was surprised when she saw that scene. She felt her chest hurts. She was about to run outside but suddenly the door went open and Mr. And Mrs. Yamada entered their house.


“Mirai-chan !” Mrs. Yamada excitedly greeted her.


“O-Obaa-sama, Oji-sama.” She nervously said and greeted them politely.


Ryosuke and Haruna went out from the kitchen.


“Good evening okaa-chan, otou-san.” He politely said.


“Good evening.” Haruna also greeted them.


“What are you doing here?” Mrs. Yamada curiously asked when she saw Haruna.


“Im just paying a visit your son.” Haruna said and smiled.


“Come on, let’s eat. We brought you something.” Mr. Yamada butted in.


They all went in. Mirai prepared the food that the Yamada’s brought.  Ryosuke and Haruna also prepared their cook dish on the table. After a while, they were already having their dinner.


“This is good.” Mrs. Yamada praised the dish that Ryosuke and Haruna prepared.


“Honto?  Ryo-chan and I made it.” Haruna smiled, while Mirai kept silent.


“Eh? What about Mirai-chan?” Mrs. Yamada asked.


“Anou, gomen nasai. I didn’t prepare anything. i don’t know how to cook.” She said in a low voice.


“Actually, she prepared something but its a disaster.” Haruna said, with having an intention to embarrass Mirai.


“Eh? Is it true?” Mr. Yamada asked and looks at Mirai.


“Hai.” Mirai said and bowed.


An awkward silence fills the dining room. Ryouske just remained silent while listening to their conversations.


“Anou, Im going ahead.” Mirai said and stood up.


“E-Eh? But you didn’t even finish your meal.” Mrs. Yamada worriedly said.


“Im okay. Excuse me.” Mirai said and walked towards her room.


She felt so embarrassed. She felt her tears falls down.


She went outside to feel some fresh air after the stress she received  ever since she got married.


“Mirai-chan.”


She heard Mrs. Yamada’s voice in her back.


“Ah, Obaa-sama.” She said and offered her a seat.


“Is there a problem?” Mrs. Yamada said after she sat beside her.


“Gomen nasai, I know Im not a good wife to your son. I cant even cook for you.” She said and started to cry.


Mrs. Yamada hugs her.


“Dont cry  Mirai-chan. I know how you feel, like you , i also don’t know how to cook before. Only his father is the one who knows how to cook. I also don’t think that Im a good wife to him.” Mrs. Yamada said.


“Eh?”


“That’s why I think its the right decision to let Ryosuke marry you.”


“But, I think he still loves Haruna.”


“Nah, I don’t like Haruna for him, after of what she have done to him. That’s why, you have to do your best to win my son’s heart.” Mrs.

Yamada said and wink to her.


“Eh? But I didn’t love ---“


“Maah, lets go back, i bought some sweet desserts.” Mrs. Yamada cut off Mirai’s sentence.


Mirai just watch her  and sighed.


“Hai.” She said and smiled.


That night she just enjoyed their family dinner, even if Haruna is there.  She excused herself after she ate her dinner. She spent her time with her beauty ritual in her room. She just waited for their guest to go home. She fell asleep and when she woke up , it’s already 1:00 am. She stood up and went out of her room, still in her pajamas with the facial mask on her face.


Darkness fills her eyes as she went out of her room. She thinks that Ryosuke is already asleep. She doesn’t feel his presence in any part of the house. She was about to go down, when she saw Ryosuke’s figure sitting at the edge of the stairs.


“You’re still awake?” she asked suddenly.


Ryosuke, who thought that Mirai is already sleeping, was surprised when she suddenly speaks on his back. He looks back and surprised to see her in the dark, with only lights coming from the outside, and looking like a ghost because of her mask.



“AHHHHHHHHHHHH ! GHOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” he screamed like a girl. He suddenly stood up when he saw her, because of this he accidentally tripped his right foot, making him to falldown on the stairs. He cried out of pain when he landed on the ground floor.


Mirai also surprised of what happened to him. She immediately went down to check him.


“Daijoubu? Why the hell did you screamed?” she worriedly asked.


“Itaiiiiii ! Of course im not okay ! idiot! Who normal people will not scream if you’re looking like that!. Mou ! ITAI !” he angrily said as he holds his right leg.


She touched her face. She was surprised when she noticed that she forgot to remove her mask.


“Gomen nasai.” She apologized and helps Ryosuke to stand up.


“Mou ! Ever since I met you, all bad lucks came to me.” He said when he sat down on the couch.


Mirai got pissed.


“Bad lucks? As if im the one who cause it !. I have more bad lucks to you !” she angrily said.


“Mah, its not the time to argue okay? Help me first okay? I think i scrapped my leg.” He said.


“eh?” Mirai suddenly remember that it’s her fault that he falls down from the stairs. “Gomen nasai.” She said and immediately went to get the first aid kit.


Silence fills the air as she putting some disinfectant to Ryosuke’s leg and arms that gets small bruises and scratches. After she does it, she gets a cold compress to put it on Ryosuke’s face. There were little purple bruises on his head.


“Anou, Gomen nasai.” Mirai broke the silence as she gently damp the compress on his head.


“Its okay. Im sorry also, for saying mean things to you.” He said.


“That’s okay, its also my fault.”


He smiled.


Mirai also smiled when she saw him smile.


“Why are you smiling?” Ryosuke asked.


“Nothing.” She just said and laughs a little.


“What’s funny?” Ryosuke asked.


“Betsuni.” Mirai said. This time she laughs hard. She remembered his reaction when he saw her, as if he saw a ghost.


“Aha, you’re not going to tell me the reason huh.” Ryosuke said and tickles Mirai’s side.


Mirai just laughed, because of this, she accidentally pressed the compress hard on Ryosuke’s head.


‘”ITAI !” he suddenly screamed.


“AH ! Gomen nasai!” Mirai suddenly released the compress and gently touch his head with her hands. She leaned closer to him to see what happened to the bruise on his head.


Ryosuke stared at Mirai for a few seconds. Mirai noticed Ryosuke staring at her. She immediately stood up and gets the first aid kit.


Her heart keeps beating fast because of his stare. ‘Mou ! He’s always gets closer to me like that before, but why does my heart beats fast for it?’


She was about to leave him when he suddenly grabbed her arm.


“Matte, can we talk?” he said.


“W-Why?” she nervously said.


He slowly stood up. Mirai help him.


“I have a favour. I don’t know if it is okay with you.” He said , still holding her arm.


“W-What is it?”


“You said before that , even if we’re married, we still have our own life, right? Im just wondering, i-if, you know, me and Haruna. . .  can be together again? I mean, if its okay with you if im going to have a relationship with her? I promise, I will not bother you again ever ! I will not tease you or making you angry. Will that be a good proposal to you?” he said.


She was surprised of what he said. She remembered the scene a while ago.

He doesn’t love me. I also don’t love him. So its okay right? But why does my other side doesn’t want it to happen?’


She felt a little hurt. She doesn’t know why.


“Mirai?” Ryosuke asked when she didn’t answer.


“A-Ah, i –uhmmmm, I –I think?” she nervously said.


“Really? ! Arigatoooo !” Ryosuke excitedly said and hugged her.


She was surprised of what he did. ‘Why does it feel that Im going to cry? I dont care if he's pestering or bothering my life, it's just that. . . ’


“Thank you Mirai-chan.” He said again and kissed her forehead. he released her and bid her goodnight before he went upstairs.


She left alone, staring blankly at the cold compress she used to him.


‘It will be okay. . . I think?’ she said to herself and fixed the things she used.



Meanwhile, at Ryosuke’s room.


‘Why does my heart beats fast when I stare at her?’


Ryosuke said to himself while feeling his heartbeat on his chest.


‘nah, its impossible for me to fall in love with her. Besides, I cant betray Yuto. Haruna is the one for me. Mirai is . . . is . . .’ he cant think of any words to continue his sentence.

is.... just my wife on paper.’ 

--



AN:

minna im really sorry for the super long update :) im quite busy at work, i only have time updating myself with Yuki and Honoka :(

i do hope you like this chapter and i didnt disappoint you :(

Arigato ^___^