Chapter 1 - A Kiss That Will Change Her Life

Perfect Life

Chapter 1  - A Kiss That will Change Her Life

“No !!”

The girl’s voice echoed on the big mansion of Shida’s residence.

“Mirai-chan , listen to me. I’ve already decided that you will marry Yamada’s son.” Mr. Shida said.



“No ! I don’t want to ! I don’t even know him ! What if he’s a beast or an old man.” Mirai disgustedly said.

“Im just concern with your future. You will be fine in the Yamada’s. And besides he’s not a beast or an old man.” Mr. Shida insisted.


“I don’t care ! When I said no, its definitely a no !” with that, Mirai walked out of their house.

“Chotto Mirai !” she heard her father called her , but she ignored him and just went out of their residence. She didn’t see her father suddenly collapsed on the floor.

She is Shida Mirai. She’s the daughter of a well known business tycoon in Tokyo. Her father own a modelling agency which she is also one of the popular model in her father’s company. She is 20 years old. She is well known in fashion magazines and modelling competitions. She is sometimes stubborn and always do things in her own will.

She doesn’t know that today , her life will be changed because of her father’s decision.

==


When Mirai thinks she’s already far from their house, she went on the park nearby an elementary school.

She was about to walk when one of her sandals broke.


“Mou ! What happened !” she angrily said as she looked at her sandals.

She exhaustedly sat on an empty bench. She looked around. She saw kids playing on the playground, a group of friends happily eating their bentos together, couples went on a date and group of tennis players playing on the nearby tennis court.

She saw an ice cream vendor nearby. She took her wallet from her pocket. To her surprise, there is no single yen on her wallet.


“What the ! Mou ! why does all this things is happening to me !” she angrily said. “Just let me go from all the bad luck –“

She didn’t have a chance to finish her sentence because she was hit by  something hard on her face.

“Itai ! what the -- !” she angrily said and looked at the thing that hit her. “A tennis ball? !”

She angrily looked around to see who did that to her. She saw a guy approaching her direction.

“Im sorry. I didn’t mean to.” The guy apologized. “are you okay?”


“You didn’t mean to ? ! Are you stupid ? ! Do you think im okay when i was hit by this? !” she said then showed the tennis ball to him.

“Im already apologizing okay? Im sorry. If you want i can accompany you to the hospital.” The guy calmly said, and he tries to touch her face.


“Dont touch me ! I don’t need to go to the hospital. You must paid for what you’ve done to my face. You didn’t know me? Im one of the top model at my father’s company. What if my future will be ruined because of this ?” she angrily said.


The guy is already pissed.



“Okay , i don’t care if you’re a supermodel or what. That is why im offering you to go to the hospital to check if there has been damage to your face. But i guess i dont have any business with you. Ja .” the guys said then leave.


‘He seems familiar. I don’t know where i’ve seen that face.’ She suddenly thinks in spite of her anger to him.


“WHAT’s WRONG WITH YOU !” she angrily exclaimed and throw the ball on the guy’s direction. The ball hit the guy’s back head.


“Itai ! What the hell are you doing ? !” the guy angrily said and walked back to her direction. He angrily grabbed Mirai’s right arm.


“Itai ! what do you want?” Mirai bravely said, even though she’s scared of the guy’s pierce eyes.


“You throw the ball to me and now you’re asking me what do i want?” the guy said then smirk. “You little brat !” he said then lean his face closer to Mirai.


“Let go of me !” Mirai angrily said, trying to escape from the guy. “I’ll sue you for harassing me !”.


“Then try suing me.” The guy teasingly said . He smiled and suddenly kissed Mirai on her lips.


Mirai was surprised at the guy’s action.



“Serves you right.” He said then left Mirai , shocked.


Mirai was staring blankly in the air.



‘My f-first kiss?’


“Mirai-chan?”


She heard someone called her name. A very familiar voice.


“Yuto-kun !” she said then hugged him.


He is Nakajima Yuto, her childhood bestfriend.



“Mirai-chan? What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Yuto asked.


“Hai, demo—“


“Mirai-chan, listen, you’re father is in the hospital. Nanami-chan called me.” Yuto said. “She couldn’t reach you because you left your phone.”


“Eh? ! what happened?” Mirai exclaimed.


“I don’t know we need to hurry.” Yuto said and guide Mirai on his car.


While inside the car, Mirai’s thought was filled with the guy’s image.



‘He really seems familiar. I wonder if he’s a model or a schoolmate from elementary or high school.’ She thought.


Then suddenly she remembered their kiss.



“I WILL DEFINITELY PAID HIM BACK !” she suddenly exclaimed.


“Eh? Mirai-chan? Daijoubu?” Yuto asked.


“Hai, don’t mind me.” Mirai said, a little bit embarrassed.


Suddenly Yuto’s phone rang.



“Hello? Oh hi Ryosuke-kun. Tonight? Hmmm i’ll try. I have an emergency today. Sorry.” With this Yuto ended the call.


“Ryosuke-kun? Who is he?” she suddenly felt curious about it. She doesn’t know why all of a sudden she eavesdrop to Yuto’s call.


“He’s my group mate. You forget that I’m a part of a well known Jpop Group Hey Say Jump , are you?” Yuto asked and smiled.


“Its not that what i meant. You know that you’re the only one i know in HSJ, though some talents of dad’s agency always talk about you and that Ryosuke. And i only came back from Japan last year, so i don’t know what are the happenings here.” Mirai said .


She’s been living in Canada for almost 5 years with her family. But when her mother died 3 years ago, his father decided to go home in Japan and put a modelling agency. With only a span of 3 years their business grew and now it is a well known modelling agency in Japan. While his father is in Japan, she decided to stay in Canada to finish at least her vocational course.  After she graduated from high school, she decided to become a model , so she enrolled in a vocational course in modelling in Canada. She instantly become a popular model in Canada . But after a year of fame, she decided to go back to Japan, and started to create her name in the modelling world in her father’s company. And it seems that all luck is all on her side. When she came back to Japan, after a few TV appearance, many offers came to her.  That is how her career went through.


While she was in Canada, Nakajima Yuto , her childhood friend, also making his name popular by joining a Jpop Group named Hey Say Jump. Mirai only knew him out of 10 members of the group. But due to her busy schedule , she didn’t have much time to update on his best friend. That is why she didn’t know his groupmate’s faces.



“I hope Oji-san will be alright.” Yuto said.


“Of course ! he will be alright. I know he’s strong.” She said and give Yuto  an assurance smile.


After a few minutes, they arrive at the hospital. They immediately looked for her dad’s room.


They saw Fujimoto Nanami, Mirai’s cousin.




“Nanami-chan ! How’s my father?” she asked.


“she’s okay for now. Im waiting for the doctor to know the results of the test.” Nanami said.



“Yokatta.” Mirai said and smiled to Yuto. Yuto replied a slight tap on her shoulders.


“Excuse me.” A voice interrupted them



“Yamagata-sensei!” Mirai said when she saw someone leaning on the door.


Yamagata Yuki is her father’s personal doctor. He always went on their house for her father’s check up. But she didn’t know anything about her father’s medical status.


Yamagata smiled at her. “How are you Mirai-chan?”.



“Im fine. Anou sensei, how is my father? He’s okay right?” Mirai asked .


“Yes, for now.” He seriously said and looked at her father who is sleeping peacefully at the hospital bed. “I assume he didn’t tell you
yet about his condition.”



“Condition? What do you mean? He’s healthy and good right? You always said it.” She said. She suddenly felt a sudden nervous.


“I promised him not to tell you about this. But i cant stand anymore. I know you have the right to know.” He said and suddenly looked at Mirai.


Yuto and Nanami went outside for them to give a private talk.


“He’s dying.”  Yamagata said after the 2 left.



“E-eh? What did you say ?” she said, shocked.


“He’s already in the last stage of his cancer in liver. He cant be cured Mirai. Only prayers and love from his family is the only way to atleast prolong his life. Medicines and chemo will not worked.”



“What ? ! Its not true sensei ! my father is not sick !” she exclaimed. Tears starting to form on her eyes.


“Mirai , calm down. Remember the times i always went to your house? Its because im trying to save your father’s life. But its too late. He already diagnosed when he was already in the 3rs stage. Its hard to cure. He doesn’t want you to know it because he’s worried about you.” Yamagata explained.



“But i cant still believe this ! he’s doing okay everyday ! he’s seems to be energetic everyday ! before i go to work he always  greets me in the morning, prepairing breakfast for me !.” She said as tears started to fall on her cheeks.


“Its because of the medicine i gave to him. He doesn’t want you to worry for him.”



“NO, you’re lying !”


“Its true Mirai ! its also hard for me to keep this ! but as a doctor, i must tell his family members about his condition.”


“souna,” with this Mirai, felt her knees got weak. She sat on the couch beside her father’s bed.


“I – I shout at him a while ago. We had a misunderstanding. I didn’t know—“ she didn’t have a chance to continue her sentence. She cried.


Yamagata tapped her shoulder. “All you can do is to pray and don’t stress your father too much. Ill be back later.”


Yamagata left the room.


Yuto immediately went inside.



“Mirai-chan ! why are you crying?” Yuto asked when she saw Mirai crying on the couch. He held her in his arms to comfort her.

Instead of answering his question, she just cried to burst out her emotions.

---