It's Goodbye for Now

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

Wooyoung helped Nichkun pack his belongings the next day. He knew it was for the show, but he couldn't understand why his emotions were in such a turmoil. As he slowly arranged the items Nichkun was passing to him into a big black suitcase, he thought about the empty days he would start spending very soon. No longer will there be the spontaneous back hugs that Nichkun would so graciously descend upon him. No longer will there be the usual good morning pecks on his cheeks or the occasional good-job pats on his back, but the thing that Wooyoung would miss the most are the nights they would spend rolling around in bed, talking about their past and commenting on women.   

 

Nichkun was too excited to notice this. He kept on talking about Victoria. What type of girl would she be? Do you think she would like him, assuming that she knew he is her husband? Or...what is her favourite food? And then he would go on to answer all of these questions himself on his own presumptions. "I mean, we should have something in common right?" He asked Wooyoung, who absentmindedly nodded.

 

"Are you okay, Wooyoung?" Nichkun asked, when he finally noticed that the younger wasn't participating much in their conversation.

 

Wooyoung heaved a sigh and said, "I'm fine, hyung. Anyway, you should hurry up or you'll be late for your flight." His kept his head down, focusing on the task before him. But his heart and mind were somewhere else. He felt tears stinging in his eyes as lies rolled out from his mouth. But those words were inevitable. He knew he had to say it. Nichkun watched his best friend for a few seconds before going back to his own task.

 

After a few more minutes of sorting out the clothes he planned to bring along, and quickly arranging it into the suitcase, both of them made their way into the kitchen for some light snacks. Taecyeon promised to send Nichkun to the airport and Wooyoung had no choice but to go along because Nichkun insisted that the younger needed to be there to see him off.  The three friends had their snacks, and after Nichkun said goodbye to everyone else, they were off.

 

The airport was only twenty minutes away by car, but Wooyoung wished it would last a little longer. He sat in the back seat, looking out the window with a blank expression on his face. The scenery wasn't appealing to him at the moment. His mind was racing, thinking about how he could convey his farewell later without seeming too obvious. Nichkun said that he would probably be able to meet them again in two months. Two months felt like two years to Wooyoung. The thought brought tears to his eyes, but he held them back.

 

Taecyeon focused on his driving but he couldn't help noticing the unbearable silence between Nichkun and Wooyoung. He thought it was better to ask Wooyoung later, so he only talked to Nichkun. Nichkun on the other hand was fidgeting in his seat, unable to control his overwhelming excitement. "Do you really think she would like me?"

 

"Relax. Why is the Thai prince suddenly so worried that a girl would not like him? You should be worried if she suddenly smothers you with so much kisses." Taecyeon exclaimed, flashing his usual goofy smile. He took a look at his rearview mirror and suddenly noticed the change of expression on Wooyoung's face. It looked pained. He wanted to say something to Wooyoung right then but they had already arrived at the airport and Nichkun started bouncing in his seat.

 

"It takes two hours to reach there." Nichkun said excitedly. "Come on, help me with my bag."

 

All three got down from the car and went in to check the flight's timing. "Just in time." Taecyeon said. "Good thing there's no delay today."

 

The plane was leaving in an hour, ample time for them to rest somewhere and talk for a few minutes. Wooyoung decided to forget about his emotions for a while and started laughing along with his two hyungs. They talked about food, and Chansung (because you can not not talk about Chansung when food is involved). Taecyeon mentioned about the upcoming concert in two months time, and discussed about his plan to see Tiffany for a little date later. Wooyoung snorted at this and said, "It's not a date when you're bringing her over to the dorm later."

 

"Well, it can be a date if you guys stop pestering her about meeting SNSD." Taecyeon remarked. He shook his head. "Anyway, it's not actually a real date. You all know she's only one of my closest friends, like a sister."

 

"So it's okay if we pester her then." Wooyoung smirked, causing the older to hit him in the arm. Nichkun just watched the exchange with a warm smile on his face. He was happy. Everything seemed to rolling by perfectly in his life. He has a good family, good friends, and now he would be getting a wife. To top it all off, Wooyoung didn't seem to be taking his departure too badly anymore. They were joking around like how they usually were. Nichkun figured Wooyoung's behaviour this morning was probably because of yesterday's food poisoning episode.

 

The speaker came on and a female voice announced, "Flight A2**** is departing now. Please make your way to Gate A."

 

"I guess that's me." Nichkun said, smiling at them.

 

"Well, I'll be missing you." Taecyeon said. "Good luck on your marriage. You have our support. Anyway, when you get onto the plane, we'll be standing over there until you leave." Taecyeon pointed to an area overlooking the take-off field. Nichkun just nodded and got up. He gave Taecyeon a hug and then turned to give Wooyoung a hug. Wooyoung said nothing more than a "Good Luck".

 

After that, Nichkun was off. Wooyoung and Taecyeon watched him leave. When Taecyeon was sure Nichkun was too far out of sight to overhear them, he turned to Wooyoung and was suddenly taken in surprise  when he found the younger one crying silently. "Younggie-ah...." He wrapped an arm around Wooyoung and let him weep against his chest.

 

"Hyung..." Wooyoung said weakly. "I don't want him to go..."

 

"What's the matter?"

 

"I think....I think I love him."

 

Taecyeon was shocked. He said nothing, but held on to Wooyoung until the younger one gently pushed him away. Wooyoung wiped his eyes and walked off towards the area that Taecyeon pointed earlier. There, he waited. Taecyeon joined him, placing an arm around him.

 

________________________

 

Nichkun boarded the plane and quickly found his seat. He looked out the small window next to his seat and searched for the area that Teacyeon had pointed earlier. He found it, but the sight was unbearable. Taecyeon had his arms around Wooyoung and the younger one was....is he wiping his eyes? Why?

 

"Is he crying?" Nichkun's eyes widen but he realized that something was amiss. He wanted to get off the plane that instant, but the flight attendant told him that the plane would be leaving soon. He could only sit back down and watch the whole thing from his little window. Teacyeon was now patting Wooyoung's back, giving him a tissue to wipe the tears away. Nichkun's heart clenched. He wanted to be in Taecyeon's position, to comfort Wooyoung. But why didn't Wooyoung say anything. He reached into his backpack to get his phone, when a familiar brown book suddenly came into sight. Isn't that Wooyoung's diary? How did it get there?

 

"Oh no, I accidently took it when I wanted to grab some papers. , Wooyoung would hate me now." He muttered to himself. He looked out the window again and saw Taecyeon waving at the plane, probably hoping that Nichkun could see them. But Wooyoung wasn't there anymore. He felt a little sad. And then he looked down at the book again.

 

No, I won't read it, he thought. It's his diary!

 

Oh GODDAMN, I'm tempted. He turned to the first page and his heart clenched again.

 

____________________

 

Forgive me for the slow progress. I've got lots of stuff that I need to do lately that I can't update very soon....but I will update. :) Thank you for reading.