So Far Away

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

Life rolled by and almost everyday, Taecyeon would video-call Nichkun to check on him. Nichkun would call Wooyoung whenever he's free, and the younger one would talk about practice earlier and how it all went smoothly. Sometimes their conversation would center around Nichkun's life now and how it was getting along. Wooyoung always sounded so happy that Nichkun couldn't help but worry sometimes.

 

And then one fine day, when Nichkun was video-calling Taecyeon, he heard someone screaming in the background. He got a little worried, but Taecyeon assured him that everything's fine. He went to check what's wrong, with his phone in one hand, filming the commotion in Wooyoung's room.

 

"Yah, hyung-ah!!! Gwenchanha?" Junho asked, shaking Wooyoung. Chansung was slapping Wooyoung's face lightly.

 

"What happened?!" Taecyeon asked, quickly rushing to Wooyoung's side. Nichkun watched the whole scene on the phone, holding his breath when he saw Wooyoung. There was blood on the forehead, and he was unconscious. Minjun's voice could be heard from behind, fussing about and ordering Chansung to get a wet towel.

 

"I told you to put him down." He yelled at Junho, but Junho kept his head down, sobbing bitterly. Taecyeon shook Wooyoung once more, but the boy wouldn't get up.

 

"Call the bloody ambulance! And hyung, stop yelling at Junho. Everything's going be alright. Khun-hyung, I'm sorry but I need to end the call. I'll update you soon."

 

The call ended, and Nichkun was able to breathe again. He looked over at Victoria, who staring at him worriedly. "Is everything okay? Do you need to be there?"

 

"I want to be there." Nichkun sighed deeply. "But I have to be here. Tomorrow we're filming again. The boss surely won't let me off."

 

"I'm sorry to hear that, baby. I'm sure Wooyoung will be fine. You can call again later." She said, comforting him.

 

"Thanks, Vic." He said, kissing her forehead. He was worried, but he had to wait. God, it was killing him.

 

________________________________

 

(I'm sorry for always hurting Wooyoung. LOL. I promise the next one won't be on him. Anyway, onwards with the story.)

 

_______________________________

 

For the next three hours, Nichkun kept looking at his phone, feeling agitated. "Why the hell is Taecyeon taking such a long time to call back?!"

 

Victoria went over to rub his back, soothing him. "Sit down, I'll make you some food."

 

"Ok, thanks." He sat down and stared at his phone some more. And at last the call came, but it wasn't on video.

 

"Sorry hyung. I got too caught up to call you. Wooyounggie's fine. Just a little cut on his forehead but it's not visible. Apparently, Chansung, Junho and Wooyoung were practing their pyramid when Wooyoung fell, hitting his head against the edge of his desk."

 

"What?! Where is he now?"

 

"We're still at the hospital. He's conscious now, but the doctor wants him to rest here for a while just in case of any concussions. I talked to Minjun hyung about Junho and we agreed it's no one's fault. It was just a freak accident. Wooyoung slipped."

 

"I see." Nichkun said, feeling relieved. "Taec, I need to tell you this."

 

"What is it?"

 

"I want to be there. But I can't. I'm so angry with myself for not being able to be there."

 

"It's okay. I'll let Wooyoung know you called."

 

"Thanks." The call ended, and Nichkun was back to his usual self. He decided he would read another entry in Wooyoung's diary after he is done with dinner. That always seemed to cheer him up.

 

______________________________

 

It had been three weeks since Wooyoung wrote anything in his diary. He still couldn't find it, wondering where he had misplaced it. The last entry was before Nichkun left. He searched high and low and even under the stack of Taecyeon's dirty underwears. Yet, it was not there.

 

As he sat on his hospital bed, thinking about his diary, Taecyeon suddenly entered and gave him a bear hug. "You idiot. Be careful next time. I got so worried."

 

"I got distracted at Channie's and Junho's blossoming romance." Wooyoung retorted sarcatically. "They were trying to kiss each other with me standing on their thighs. How was I not supposed to fall?"

 

Taecyeon laughed at this. This was true. Junho confessed his feelings to Chansung a few nights back, and Taecyeon even told Nichkun about it.

 

"Well, next time they do that, just slap them silly. They should learn to watch their surroundings a little."

 

"Hyung..." Wooyoung suddenly whispered, looking serious, but not at Taecyeon. "Can I ask you something?"

 

"What is it, Younggie?"

 

"Do you thnk I should just forget about Khun and move on. He has a wife already..." The last few words came out like a squeak., as if something was stuck in Wooyoung's throat.

 

"I don't know. Do you want that? Anyway, Victoria is not his real wife. It's just for show."

 

"But Khunnie told me he's been happy being with her. She has even met his parents." Wooyoung said sadly.

 

"Well..." Taecyeon started, and then thought about what to say without hurting the younger one's feelings. "What do you think? Are you okay about moving on even after he comes back?"

 

"I....I think I'll be okay. I always have your support. And the rest as well."

 

"You bet on it. Anything you do, we're there. But just think about it first okay. Don't regret it later." Taecyeon advised him.

 

Another day passed and when morning came, Wooyoung had thought about it thoroughly. He couldn't bear to mope around anymore. His life was just wistfully passing by daily with nothing but only Nichkun on his mind, and it killed him everytime he started thinking about what the other is doing with Victoria at the moment.

 

He picked up his phone, and dialed up IU's number. "Hello, oppa?"

 

"IU, want to grab something to drink today?"

 

"W-what? Uh, ok." The person on the receiver said shyly. "What time?"

 

"2pm. Bubble tea cafe near the big fountain. See you."

 

"Ok, oppa. See you."

 

__________________________________________

 

MILKY COUPLE! My favorite.