Nothing More than a Brother

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

My Common Law paper went well. Whee~ I might actually pass this . Last paper in three weeks, so I'll probably try to finish this story up by this week.

 

_____________________________________

 

Wooyoung felt something heavy leaning against him, and it woke him up in the middle of the night. He was under Nichkun's tight embrace, snuggled up safely and sound. But his heart was still in a mess. He managed to keep a straight face after what happened hours earlier. Heck, even with tears threatening to fall every second, he managed to hold on until...well, now. Suddenly, his tears just won't stop flowing. He sobbed silently, afraid that he'd wake Nichkun up. Thankfully, the Thai was too deeply asleep.

 

"Why...?" He asked at no one in particular. In front of him, he saw dark shadows creeping across the white-washed walls of the room. The moon was bright that nght, reflecting his hidden shadow, or more precisely Nichkun's thick built over his slightly smaller body. The air felt cold but under the tight embrace, he was warm. "Why are you playing with my heart like this?" He whispered to himself. There was no outright answer, but a ringing in his head said, "Because he doesn't know about your feelings. He loves you only as a friend, and nothing more."

 

Yet, it couldn't explain Nichkun's sudden jealousy that night. Best friends don't become jealous about stuff like dates. Unless they're of the opposite . But Nichkun was definitely 100% a guy the last time Wooyoung checked. Yeah, apparently according to the older one, comparing es was part of being best friends too.

 

Wooyoung used his free hand to wipe away his tears, wondering about the day's event. So much had happened and at such a short time. His stomach started grumbling a little. A snack sounded like a good idea to ease his mind at the moment, so he carefully lifted Nichkun's arms away and tiptoed quietly out of the room. He needed to be alone for a while.

 

_______________________________

 

When Nichkun woke up the next morning, he almost panicked when he realized Wooyoung was no longer lying in his arms. "Wooyoungie?!" He called out loudly. 

 

Relief washed over him when Wooyoung entered the room with a tray of food in his hands and a large smile plastered on his face. "Good morning, hyung. I made breakfast."

 

"Ah...thank you sweety." Nichkun said, taking the tray from Wooyoung and then set it aside on a nightstand nearby. "Wife, come sit here with me."
 

Wooyoung rolled his eyes and then crawled onto the bed before taking a seat next to Nichkun. "Aren't you eating your food?"

 

"That can wait. Youngie ah..." Nichkun leaned in closer, almost a breadth away from touching the other's lips, and asked, "...can I have my morning peck?"

 

Wooyoung let out a small snort before leaning forward to place a soft kiss onto the Thai's cheek. "Happy now?"

 

"Nope. It has to last longer, or else I'm not eating your food." Both of them knew that Nichkun was just kidding, but Wooyoung decided to a little. He pushed Nichkun down and reached forward to grab an apple from the tray. "If you don't, then I will."

 

"YAH!" Nichkun laughed, pushing Wooyoung away from his tray and then began entangling the younger one in their thick, white comforter. 

 

"HYUNG! Stop, h-hyung~! You're tickling me!" Wooyoung yelled back, trying to get the older boy off his back. He avoided using his legs, but then his hands were tied along, so he rolled about like a caterpillar.

 

"I'm not letting you have my food." Nichkun said, pinching Wooyoung's cheeks. "Aigoooooo~ you're so cute!"

 

"YAH!" Wooyoung thrashed about harder under the blanket, trying to get out.

 

"Oh no...is baby Youngie angry now?" Nichkun laughed even harder. When Wooyoung finally managed to free himself, he pushed Nichkun down against the bed and made sure his hyung stayed in place. But Nichkun was a little stronger than Wooyoung so the younger soon found himself pinned against the bed instead. "You lost, sweety."

 

They stopped playing around and tried to regain their breathe, panting loudly. At this point, their eyes locked. Wooyoung's mind brought him back to the night before, watering his eyes again. And Nichkun, when he saw this, felt a twist in his chest which he couldn't explain. He got off the younger boy and laid there next to Wooyoung, his heart beating faster than ever. They stayed that way for a few seconds before Wooyoung asked, "Hyung, why are you really here?" His voice was soft, full of emotion.

 

"I-I..." Nichkun was speechless. He couldn't say what he said last night. It wasn't a lie. He really wasn't sure about his feelings for Wooyoung.His head was messed up.

 

"Why were you jealous?"

 

"I-I...I'm sorry, Wooyoung....I-I guess.....it was just impulse. I was probably really worried about you. I mean, we always share everything. It just hurts me that you didn't tell me you were going on a date yesterday." Nichkun turned to his side after he said this, looking at Wooyoung. He knew he was lying, but he wasn't sure why.

 

"Is that it?" Wooyoung chuckled, but his eyes told a different story. He was hurt, Nichkun noticed. "So you were worried because..."

 

"We're as close as brothers should be." Nichkun finished for him. He saw the flash of sadness on Wooyoung's expression. He really did it now.

 

"Can I ask you for a selfish request?"

 

"What is it?"

 

"Can you not fall in love with Victoria?" It was a desperate attempt to gain back the only chance he will ever have to be with Nichkun. Nichkun of course knew why the younger one said it but he was still surprised at the request.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"It's a direct question. You know what it means. Khunnie....if I say that I want you for myself, would you let me have you?" Wooyoung had said it. He had finally confessed the feelings he kept inside him all this time. But Nichkun's dragging silence scared him. He wanted an answer desperately.

 

And then NIchkun opened his mouth and replied the one painful word that Wooyoung would never forget, "I'm sorry....but I only love you as my brother."

 

Brother.

 

__________________________________

 

This would be the reason their relationship goes downfall.