The Confession

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

Minjun received an emergency call the next morning, which caused a sudden ruckus in the Khuntoria household. "TAEC! HO! CHAN! KHUN! OMYGOSHPEOPLE WAKE UP!" Minjun yelled, waking everyone up.

 

"What is it, what is it?!" Taecyeon asked, rushing down the stairs in lightning speed.

 

"Call everyone down first." Minjun was breathing hard, something he only did when he was extremely worried or scared for someone.

 

Junho, Chansung and Nichkhun joined them soon after, still half asleep. Victoria stayed on the staircase, watching the commotion downstairs quietly. It was still 7am in the morning, and the WGM staffs haven't even rang on them.

 

"We...we have an emergency."

 

"What's wrong?" Junho asked, leaning against the banisters.

 

"Pack your bags. Hyung nim got us all a flight back in one hour.  Wooyoung's in the hospital."

 

Nichkhun was the first to rush up, while the others gaped at Minjun in shock.

 

_______________________________

 

Right after they landed, Minjun got into a call with their manager, who told them what actually happened.

 

Apparently, Wooyoung couldn't breath after he got home last night. He immediately call their manager who rushed over to send him to the hospital. The doctor diagnosed him with weak lungs, stating that few of his arteries were slightly clogged. They weren't sure which and how. But the recent changes in Wooyoung's life made the condition worse, causing one to burst and restrict intake of oxygen. It would otherwise have been curable. The manager told the doctor everything, as much information as he had gained from Minjun and Taecyeon. And the doctor mentioned that they would have to wait for a few days until Wooyoung's condition was stable. Only then, he could conducts more tests. 

 

The others listened to every word carefully. Nichkhun felt a pang of guilt inside him. It was because of him, Wooyoung ended up in the hospital. Noticing the change of expression on Nichkhun's face, Minjun placed an arm around him and said that everything will be fine. Everyone believed him.

 

The mood in Wooyoung's hospital room was sombre when they arrived. Everyone stared at him; at the masses of tubes and machineries placed around him. Since he seemed to have so much difficulty in breathing, they had to place a life support machine to stabilise.him. He couldn't talk to them, but he could nod and shake his head. Minjun reminded everyone to be careful of the wires. And they all obeyed, so no one dared move a muscle. They just stood around the bed like a bunch of idiots.

 

Wooyoung wanted to laugh at this but he couldn't. He had to keep a straight face.

 

"Does it hurt, Youngie?" Taecyeon asked, breaking his awkward posture.

 

When Wooyoung nodded weakly, Nichkhun inhaled sharply, suppressing the guilt inside him, but his eyes exposed everything. Wooyoung noticed that. It was something you couldn't miss when the person you loved was standing in front of you, with a very worried expression on his face.

 

"Take some rest, ok?" Minjun said, getting closer to the younger boy. He began combing the boy's hair back with his hand, comforting his dongsaeng. "We'll all here for you."

 

Wooyoung nodded, letting a tear slip. Minjun continued to comfort him while Chansung offered to get food for his hyungs. Junho and Nichkhun sat on the couch in the room, contemplating about everything that happened so far. Taecyeon watched the machines and tried to understand what the numbers on it meant. For a while, everything was calm and quiet. That was, until Chansung came back with some fruits. Bananas for himself, of course.

 

"Yah, Channie ah, did you buy fruits for yourself only?" Taecyeon asked, smiling at their maknae.

 

"I got mangoes and apples. Sorry Woodong-ah, since you can't eat this, I'll promise to get you some next time." Chansing said to Wooyoung, which caused his hyungs to smile. Wooyoung tried to smile behind his oxygen mask, but they couldn't see it, so he simply nodded.

 

They ate their fruits and thought about cheering Wooyoung up. Around three hours later, the doctor came in and took a look at the machine readings. "You're improving a lot more now. I think we can do an early test it seems. Tomorrow." He announced. Everyone felt relieved.

 

The rest of the way was spent in blissful joy. They were still worried about their band mate but the worries were mostly turned into plots on cheering him up. Junho, Chansung and Taecyon even started a skit, only to be shushed by a passing nurse. "I swear she was secretly enjoying this." Minjun smiled at this.

 

Nichkhun did some cheap dance he picked up from Wooyoung long ago, with Taecyeon beatboxing as music. And Minjun tried to do aegyo. By nightfall, it was time to leave, with promises of coming back first thing in the morning. Wooyoung felt a little sad,but he was also glad that he could finally have a little time for himself. Before they left, Nichkhun said that he had to announce something. They all stopped to hear him.

 

He turned to Wooyoung, with a serious expression on his face and said, "I'm sorry for hurting you. I was selfish. Minjun hyung was right. If I don't decide now, I will lose both."

 

Wooyoung's eyes widened when Nichkhun suddenly approached him. He placed a light kiss on Wooyoung's forehead. "I realized that I can't live without you, sweety." He said, with smiling eyes. "I knew your feelings even before you confessed them. Yet I purposely chose to ignore it because of my pride. But not anymore...I think...I think I love you too, Woo."

 

They all gasped, surprised. "Yah, Khunnie, you're gonna burst another artery if you drop bombs like that on him all the time."

 

"I'm sincere about my feelings this time."

 

"What about Victoria?" Junho asked.

 

"I will tell her. But the show will still go on. It's just that my heart is here." He took Wooyoung's hands in his and kissed them lightly. "I'll be the first to step into this room tomorrow. I won't leave until you get better." Wooyoung could only nod.

 

After everyone left, he recalled what just happened. An overwhelming sense of joy washed over him. Nichkhun loves him. OMYGOSH! It brought tears to his eyes, but they were happy tears.He managed to cry himself to sleep that night, but the pain wasn't there anymore.

 

_____________________________

 

It's not the end yet.