A Little Too Late There, Khunnie....

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

"This is serious, Nichkhun. What's going on between you two? He told me his side of the story. Now, I want to listen to yours."

 

"I....I don't have anything to say, hyung..." Nichkhun muttered, keeping his head low. They were standing outside the house, while the others watched from inside.

 

"Can you hear what they're saying, Channie?" Junho asked, peeping over Chansung's shoulder.

 

"I can't hear anything when you're breathing hard into my ears."

 

"Oh, I did?" Junho chuckled. "Sorry, baby."

 

Victoria watched both of them silently, amused at the way they shared their affection. She was wondering what was going on also but at the current situation, it was best to let them settle whatever trouble they have first and maybe she could ask Nichkhun herself later. Taecyeon did not say anything. He was sitting on the couch, zoning out. Victoria decided to join him.

 

"So.....I'm a little lost with what's going on right now..." Victora muttered.

 

"Vic, do you love Nichkhun?"

 

Victoria stared at him, puzzled. "What do you mean?"

 

"Are you happy with him because it's for the show or are you honestly happy with him?"

 

"Well, of course I'm honestly happy with him."

 

Taecyeon closed his eyes for a while. Oh boy, this is getting too complicated. He had nothing against Victoria but he did feel sorry for Wooyoung. No, this is Nichkhun's fault. If Nichkhun hadn't been playing around with Wooyoung's feelings earlier, they would be sitting around the living room and enjoying each other's company right now.

 

"Can I just be sure of something first?" Minjun took a deep breath and looked up at the night sky. "Did you know about his feelings for you? Don't lie to me, Khunnie." The last sentence didn't need to be said. He would never lie to Minjun.

 

"Yes."

 

Minjun heaved a deep sigh, wondering what he should do now. There was actually nothing he could do, but there were more questions to ask. "Does he know that you knew?"

 

"No."

 

"Did you really reject him when he confessed? He told me that you only loved him as a brother." 

 

"Yes. I said those exact words."

 

"Then why...did you kiss him today?" Minjun brought his attention back to Nichkhun, staring straight into the other's eyes.

 

"I don't know." Nichkun looked away from Minjun as he said this and stared at the opposite house across the road. It was dark inside, not a single light was to at least show that people actually live in there. The road was empty and quiet. No cars had passed by since Minjun took them outside. Nobody even got out as far as the porch. The sky was just as dark as the house, but there were stars spread across the vast emptiness. The night air was chilling his whole body. He rubbed his arms absentmindedly, hoping to warm himself up.

 

"You should stop hurting him." Minjun remarked, as a matter-of-a-fact.

 

"I know...but hyung, I can't do that. I want him."

 

"If you want something, you should stick to it. You don't just want it and then ignore it. If you want him, you should be by his side, comforting him and not here with me right now."

 

Nichkhun's eyes were cast downward. "You know I can't do that right now. I've got to finish the filming with Victoria."

 

"Do you love her as well?"

 

"I can't just abandon her. I do like her a lot. I don't want to lose both of them."

 

"YAH! You shouldn't be selfish. Mark my words, Khunnie, if you don't choose now and make clear of what you want, you might as well lose both of them. It's true that if Wooyoung had not fallen for you, you wouldn't have to be in this situation. But feelings can't be stopped. Face the fact and find a way to deal with this. I'm going back in before I freeze my off." Minjun finished what he needed to say and then retreated back into the house.

 

Nichkhun stood still even after Minjun had already gone inside. He was still shocked at what his hyung had just told him. What did he mean by 'losing both'?

 

Losing both meant losing Victoria and Wooyoung...losing Victoria meant losing the memories they shared together for the last three weeks....but losing Wooyoung meant....

 

He couldn't imagine a life without Wooyoung. The thought of it brought tears to his eyes. He didn't budge from where he stood, but he hoped that the others wouldn't notice the tears flowing down his cheeks. How could you tell when you love someone?

 

I love him. I know that now. I was confused about it for the last few months. But I had no one I could talk to without feeling embarrassed about it. I only have you, diary. I don't have the courage to tell Nichkun how I feel and I don't think I will ever have the chance to tell him. I'm sure he will be happy with Victora. I can only be happy for him. Goodbye...

 

He remembered the last entry in Wooyoung's diary. The memory struck him like lightning, making him shiver. The last sentence had brought a degree of happiness in him. I can only be happy for him. But at the time, he wasn't really sure about his feelings, so everything just seemed cheesy. Now, he understood how Wooyoung felt. The feeling of having to let go of something or someone you truly love simply because you must. In Nichkhun's case however, he found it so hard to let go of Wooyoung. How in the world was the younger boy able to withstand all this hurtful emotions inside him and still go about with a smile on his face?

 

"It's too late now. Wooyoung's already gone." Nichkhun whispered to himself, realizing the truth. "I-I'm so s-sorry, Youngie..." And then he kneeled down and cried harder.

 

_______________________________________

 

Wooyoung arrived at the dorm really late that night. It was empty of course, everyone being at Nichkhun's new home. He sat down on the couch and stared out the window. The city view was blocked by a few tall buildings but he could still make out the outline of a busy highway from where he sat. He heaved a sigh and slumped in deeper into the couch, hoping that it would drift him away into slumberland. But he couldn't sleep. His mind was not tired, though his body told otherwise.

 

He looked at the clock on the wall in front of him. 12.01am. "I wonder what they're doing now." There were no regrets of suddenly coming back. He thought it was for the best. Maybe it would make Nichkhun think clearly again. This time, he wouldn't be there to change Nichkhun's mind. Then again, for Nichkhun to suddenly switch over to the other team  just seemed absurd. He is too in love with women. Victoria would be happy.

 

Wooyoung hit his chest three times to stop the sudden piercing pain. It's been hurting quite bad lately. He wasn't sure if this was his emotion talking anymore. He got up and went into his room. There, on his desk, he saw his diary. It was time to start writing again.

 

Tomorrow will be the start of a new day. I'm going to forget about Nichkhun and move on with my life. There are more important things to face than a broken heart.

 

With that aim in mind, he closed his diary and then went to bed. There were no dreams that night.

 

_________________________________

 

(I'm gonna hurt wooyoung again soon. Soooooo sorry... but nothing serious)