The Truth

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

Flashback

 

September 1st 2010,

I decided to start writing a diary because who knows, maybe someday I could look back on everything that happened and thought about what a good life I had. I was extremely happy when I first met my band members. They were kind to me, but my heartfelt gratitude goes specially to Nichkun-hyung, who is always comforting me when I'm down and taking care of my well-being. The days we practice together with everyone else has been tiring but I enjoyed every single moment of it. Jaebeom-hyung kept making us laugh, Junsu gave his encouraging attitude and Taecyeon-hyung was being a big cat, with his goofy smile and flashy white teeth. Omo, I'm actually good at this writing thing. 

 

Chansung and Junho are younger than me, but they both respect me, so for that, I respect them equally. We're like one big family and I hope that this relationship would last forever. 

 

Nichkun felt warm at the mention of his name. He skipped the older dates and went straight to the recent entry, feeling impatient. The last entry didnt even have a date.

 

Today, I felt my heart break. I can't think straight....Khunnie says he's leaving for two months. I want to cry but then I would look selfish. So I promise to spend as much time as we have left before he goes.

 

As he reads, Nichkun noticed that a few areas of the page were stained with dried tears. He controlled the overwhelming emotion inside him as he continued reading.

 

I love him. I know that now. I was confused about it for the last few months. But I had no one I could talk to without feeling embarrassed about it. I only have you, diary. I don't have the courage to tell Nichkun how I feel and I don't think I will ever have the chance to tell him. I'm sure he will be happy with Victora. I can only be happy for him. Goodbye...

 

Nichkun closed the diary and covered his face with his hands.He let the tears flow freely, making sure that none of the passengers notice him. "Wooyoung, I'm so sorry. I should have known." He now understood why Wooyoung what Wooyoung meant the night before. He also understood the change in Wooyoung's behaviour two days back. A guilty feeling inside him made a knot on his stomach. But he can't do anything now. He promised himself that he would call Wooyoung the moment he lands. Hold on for a while, Younggie.

 

__________________________

 

Wooyoung went back to the dorm with Taecyeon after the plane left the airport. They didn't talk much in the car but Taecyeon promised to get him some ice cream later. Wooyoung simply nodded at this, and then fell asleep in the car.

 

When they arrived back at the dorm, he talked to no one. Instead he locked himself up in the room and cried until he fell asleep. The house felt empty without Nichkun there. When he woke up, it was already dark outside. He went out to get something to eat, when Chansung suddenly appeared with a big bowl of banana(s) split ice cream in his hands. "Hyung! You're awake! Come watch a movie with us."

 

"Huh? Ah, yeah. Sure." Wooyoung nodded, with a small smile. "What movie?"

 

"The Terminator 2." Chansung said excitedly.

 

"What? That's an old movie."

 

"Yeah, I know. But we haven't watched a movie together for a looooooong time!" Chansung whined, pulling Wooyoung's arm.

 

"Aish, Chansung-ah, stop acting like a school girl. Anyway, I'll be there. Lemme get my bowl of ice cream also."

 

"Yessir! Ok, I've gotta grab some snacks for Minjun hyung. He wants popcorn and milkshake." Chansung said, searching the fridge.

 

"Popcorn's on the counter next to the kettle. And milkshake's behind the cheese container." Wooyoung said. When Chansung found the items he needed, he went back to the others.

 

Wooyoung cheered up a little inside. I guess it won't be too bad, he thought. He quickly went over to the living room and joined the others. Unknown to him, Taecyeon had told everyone about what happened. They felt sorry for Wooyoung so they decided to spend as much time with him as possible, unless he had another acitvity to attend to in his schedule.

 

The movie went well. By the end of it, the younger ones were already asleep. Junho and Chansung were lying on either side of Minjun's lap, cramping his thighs. But he was too in love with them to wake them up. "Like kittens I say." He whispered to Taecyeon.

 

Wooyoung was leaning his head against Taecyeon's chest, deep in his sleep. Taecyeon brushed the few strands of wild hair away from Wooyoung's face and then whispered back to Minjun, "At least he's okay now."

 

"What are we doing tomorrow?" Taecyeon asked Minjun.

 

"Um....we could go to an amusement park. We don't have practice until Monday." The older said.

 

"Sounds good to me. Oh, that reminds me. I've gotta video-call Nichkun now."

 

Taecyeon picked up his phone and started dialing Nichkun's number.

 

__________________________

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hyung, hey!" Taecyeon's rough voice called through the receiver.

 

"Hey. How's everything? I tried calling Wooyoung but he's not picking up." Nichkun said.

 

"Oh, he took a nap earlier. Minjun-hyung and everyone else are here right now. We just finished watching a movie."

 

Minjun got into view when Taecyeon moved the camera. Nichkun saw Chansung and Junho lying against Minjun's legs, side by side. But the sight that caught Nichkun's attention was Wooyoung's body leaning comfortably against Taecyeon's body. Wooyoung's back was facing him though because Wooyoung was lying on one side so he can't see the sleeping boy's face.

 

"They're asleep." Nichkun said.

 

"Yeah, Wooyoung and Junho fell asleep halfway the movie. But it was too awesome for me. So I watched until the ending. Channie fell asleep after his fifth banana, right after Junho.

 

"Sounds fun." Nichkun commented, but his eyes were on Wooyoung. He felt a little envious inside. And he was especially annoyed when Taecyeon moved the camera away from Wooyoung.

 

"How's everything?"

 

"It was good. We just came back from a date." His voice cracked a little as he said it. But luckily Taecyeon and Minjun didnt notice it. "How is...Wooyoung?"

 

"Wooyoungie? He's fine. Just tired that's all." Taecyeon replied. "Anyway, don't forget to keep us posted, okay? And we'll do the same thing."

 

"I'll try. It' difficult to go online when the filming takes place almost every hour."

 

"Roger that. Anyway, good night, hyung." Taecyeon said, and the video stopped.

 

Nichkun sighed, wishing he was there too, with Wooyoung in his arms instead. The night continued, and soon, morning came.

 

_______________________________