A Happy Ending or A Sad One?

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

They all gathered in JYP's office that night and the cops were called in. They had been watching the surveillance camera that was fixed nearby the ice cream stall. As the lady had said, in one moment Wooyoung was waiting in line, the next moment a man in black suddenly appeared and he seemed to be pointing something at Wooyoung's neck. Watching this made Nichkhun sick in the pit of his stomach. His heart was pounding hard. And he was shivering from the fear inside him. Junho and Chansung held him tight, telling him that everything would be alright.

 

One of the cops named Jo Kwon told them that a team had already been dispatched to find Wooyoung, by tracking down the car which was used to place the boy in. They were now waiting for a report from the dispatch team. But after three hours of waiting and no reports, Nichkhun was getting tired of it. "Every moment we wait meant giving those guys more time to hurt him. I can't stand it!"

 

"We don't have a choice. There's no lead." Jo Kwon said sadly. They sat for a few more minutes in front of a phone until Nichkhun got up and decided it was time to take matters into his own hand. He didn't know who would intentionally hurt Wooyoung, but he had an idea. It wasn't very strong though. Could Victoria go so far as to kidnap Wooyoung? Yes, she would. For some odd reason, he believed that.

 

Just as he was about to leave the room, a call came in. "Sir." The caller said. "We found the car."

 

Jo Kwon had connected the call to a loud speaker. "Where is it?"

 

"It's in ********* airport. But I'm sorry, sir. It seemed that we couldn't track the passengers on time. They might have left the country. Our team has separated at the airport to look for the victim. So far, there have been no positive feedbacks from our track teams."

 

The news shocked the crowd in the office. But the one person who suffered the most was now bending over on the ground, sobbing hard.

 

___________________________

 

"Start the webcam." Victoria ordered the man. He reluctantly obeyed, wondering when his next deposit would come in. They had safely landed in China and Wooyoung was brought to an old apartment room.

 

When the camera was ready, Victoria skillully connected it to Nichkhun's mobile. She dialed his number with a new number she had bought and waited for his answer. When he picked up, he looked awful. It was obvious he had been crying for a few hours. His eyes were red rimmed and his face was pale. He couldn't see her on the phone, but he could see the person in front of the webcam. The image literally made him choke over his own words. His voice sounded weak, but it was audible. "Wooyoung...."

 

The other guys came into view. They took one look at the video and their eyes widened. "WOOYOUNGIE!!!!"

 

Victoria turned to the boy sitting on the floor in front of her and smirked. His eyes were closed, but that was probably from the sleeping pill she had given him. She asked the man standing behind her to say something into the video. The man heaved a deep sigh and did as she told.

 

"Nichkhun-ssi," he said in the deepest voice he could muster. "You must be wondering where your lover is. Well, you don't have to worry anymore. Soon, you will watch me end his sufferings slowly."

 

Sharp gasps escaped from the receiver line. Nichkhun looked like he was going to be sick. Really sick. The man continued, "If you care about his life, you must forget about him." Victoria was quite satisfied with Nichkhun's expression at the moment. His face was pinched in a defeated way. She had basically destroyed his life.

 

Oblivious to the man and Victoria, Wooyoung was getting up. He looked over at his kidnappers and mustered up all his strength to stand up. The boys knew about this of course, but it was still heart-wrenching to watch the boy drag himself up with a pained expression on his face. He slowly approached the man, whose back was facing him. And he was shielding Victoria's view. Perfect.

 

"Be prepared to say goodbye to him..." As the man said this, Wooyoung gave him a hard shove. He fell against Victoria, who let out a light scream. And then Wooyoung threw himself down on the man and punched him until he was sure the man was unconscious. Victoria stared in disbelief, backing away when Wooyoung got up to approach her.

 

"Stay away from my man...." Wooyoung growled at her.

 

He was caught by surprise when something hit him really hard on the head. Victoria then turned her attention to the hired assassin. "Is he dead?"

 

"Nope. But I think I've done more than I should. Give me my payment now." The man demanded. He looked disheveled from Wooyoung's punches.

 

"Ok. Help me get my stuff into the car first." She stepped over the unconscious boy and switched off the webcam. Nichkhun and the others wondered what had happened to Wooyoung. He disappeared from the screen and suddenly they heard a light scream. It sounded like it belonged to a girl. They also heard the sound of flesh hitting another flesh, but the last sound scared them. It was the sound of something metal hitting flesh. They waited for something to appear again, but the screen suddenly went blank. The call ended. Nichkhun cried hard once more, and Minjun had to find a way to comfort him again.

 

________________________________

 

An old lady found him. The same old lady took care of him, fed him, taught him basic Chinese and treated him like a son. She was a widow, telling him her life story from the time she met her husband to the day she finally lost him to an illness. They never had any children. He listened to her, obeyed her and took care of her feelings.

 

He couln't remember how he came to be where he is. He couldn't remember his name. His origins. His past. He remembered a face, but it was fading slowly. He beared a son, not knowing how it was even remotely possible for a guy. The old lady said it was a miracle. She thanked him for her grandson, and three years after, she passed away. Loneliness did not overcome Wooyoung, however. He vowed to find out more about his past. A lot of him had changed from the day he was found. Back then, he remembered almost giving up on his life. Numerous times the old lady had found him slashing his wrist. He was frustrated for not knowing anything. He wondered why no one was looking for him.

 

"Daddy, can we get some ice cream?" The little boy next to him asked as they were walking along the airport. They were waiting for their flight to Korea, a fresh start to his old life in China. There was a clue at least. He could understand Korean better than Chinese. Maybe the country could provide an answer to him.

 

"Sure, baby. Go get whatever you want."

 

The little boy bounced happily and ran off to the nearest store. He bought two ice creams, one for him and for his daddy. Wooyoung watched him from afar. The little boy had his eyes and mouth, but the nose was different. And the cheeks. He wondered who it belonged to. It must be someone he really loved once.

 

"Joonie....quickly. The plane is here." He called out for his son.

 

The intercom came on and a lady announced that their flight was now open for boarding. They hurried towards the gate and checked in. It would be a three hours flight. And then he might finally be home.

 

_______________________________

 

Life went on as usual for the whole group. In three years, they managed to release three new albums. They were still searching for Wooyoung, hoping that one day the boy would return to their arms again. The thought of death never once crossed their minds. As for Victoria, she disappeared without a trace until rumor had spread that she was in Hawaii, living the life of a goddess. Turned out she became a model. They turned her down when she came begging to Nichkhun to take her after the whole incident with Wooyoung. Nichkhun didn't even want to look at her. She got so angry that she cursed him, telling him Wooyoun deserved what he had gotten. Deep inside, she was glad Wooyoung was gone, although she wasn't 100% sure he was dead. The hit from the flower pot should have done the trick. After a week of failing to get Nichkhun's attention, she finally gave up. And then left the country. Since then, none of the members in 2PM generally cared about her anymore. She was a stranger to them now.

 

Nichkhun was making breakfast one morning, when the other suggested a trip to the mall.

 

"It's been a while. I want to get myself three pairs of new clothes." Junho remarked. Chansung wanted to get a pair of new sneakers. The older boys simply agreed to their dongsaeng's request and after breakfast, they washed up and got ready for the trip. Taecyeon offered to drive that day.

 

When they arrived at the mall, it was busy with weekend shoppers. Shopaholics were walking about from store to store, carrying large bags of things they bought. Some families were dragging their kids around, as the kids ranted on and on about getting new toys. Others were either couples or newly weds, from the way they act. Older people tend to sit around on a bench somewhere, waiting for their families to finish the shopping. And then there were those who came in simply for the sake of being there, lurking amongst the crowd but never buying anything.

 

Junho and Chansung began their expedition of searching for new clothes and shoes, while the others followed behind closely. They all had lunch in a restaurant somewhere after an hour of walking, and by noon, most of the shopping was done. Taecyeon suggested of going back to the dorm, but Chansung wanted to check out the supermarket.

 

Off they went to the supermarket, hoping that Chansung would not spend all their hard-earned cash on too much of his favorite food that day.

 

_____________________________

 

The first night in Korea was spectacular. Wooyoung booked a room in one of Seoul's best hotels and got a view that was facing the pool. Joonie kept asking permission to use the pool, but he didn't really have the time to take his son for a swim. He needed to find someplace affordable for them if they were to stay for a long term. There was also a need of a job, and probably a daycare for Joonie. He had no plans to return to China. There was nothing there for him and his son anymore.

 

So the next morning, after he got his son dressed and fed, they set out to search for a place to rent. There was a flat not so far from the hotel which looked promising. The old lady had given all her life's savings to him before she passed away. It would be enough to rent a flat for a few months. But money wasn't much of a worry once he could find a job.

 

He took down the owner's number and after that decided to bring Joonie to a mall. They took a cab to the nearest one. The mall was busy that day as they shopped about. Joonie was a child who gets too easily excited at everything he sees. Wooyoung bought him a new pair of shoes, some clothes and an ice cream. Once that was done, he then brought his son to the supermarket to get some fruits. As he was searching through the fruits section for apples, a group of guys suddenly appeared in front of him. The one who was closest and had hazelnut-coloured hair looked at him like he had just seen a ghost. Wooyoung held his son's hand tighter, while the boy cowered behind his father's back.

 

Before he could say anything, the brown-haired guy suddenly locked them in a tight embrace. He saw the expression on the faces of the others. Two of them were tearing up, while the other two just looked at him in shock. He didn't know what was going on. Who are these guys? The guy who embraced him then pulled back, and said, "Youngie...." He started sobbing hard. Wooyoung stared at him, puzzled.

 

__________________________________

 

Not wanting to lose sight of him any longer, they brought him back to the dorm. And once they arrived, Wooyoung was made to sit on the couch, while Junho offered to make coffee for everyone. Wooyoung did not let go of his son's hand at all. The little boy simply kept quiet, wondering who these strangers are. Minjun was the first to speak.

 

"Wooyoung ah....where were you all this time?" His tears were threatening to fall, but he held them back. The puzzled look on Wooyoung's face surprised him.

 

"Who?"

 

The guys exchanged glances with each other. "That's you, silly." Taecyeon said, sitting down on the floor in front of Wooyoung. "Don't you remember?"

 

"I...." Wooyoung was speechless. He looked over from one face to another, not knowing how to put his words into a sentence. Finally, he said, "I don't..."

 

"You don't remember anything? Not even your own name?" Taecyeon wanted to be sure. Wooyoung shook his head. That's odd.

 

"Then do you remember who we are?" Chansung chipped in. Wooyoung shook his head again, looking down at the floor. He don't remember anything, and suddenly he wished he did.

 

"That's bad." Minjun said, sighing heavily. "Anyway, here's a little information you need to know about yourself. Your name is Jang Wooyoung. Three years ago, you were kidnapped by someone, and no one managed to find you. We didn't stop searching though. Day by day, we continue to find you, praying that someday you would show up. But you never did. We didn't want to think...." Here, he lowered his voice. "We didn't want to believe that you were dead."

 

"Believe it or not, before you disappeared, you were part of a famous Korean group called 2PM. You still are, of course. The stage never felt the same after you disappeared." Taecyeon added.

 

"You love ice cream, and you're always the first one to wake up in the morning because you enjoy staring at the sunrise. You grit your teeth when you sleep and when you dance, it's always cheap." The explanations were getting a little sentimental now. Chansung's tears were already flowing as he said this.

 

"You love taking coffee in the morning, and you're very conscious about your looks. You prefer Gucci products over other brands." Junho interrupted, passing a cup of coffee to Wooyoung, who took it graciously.

 

"You love chicken, and you once had a chick for a pet." Minjun remarked, grabbing a mug from Junho. "Your smile is as bright as the sun and for that reason...." He looked over at Nichkhun, hoping that the younger boy could finish up the sentence.

 

"...for that reason..." Nichkhun began. "...was why I was in love with you." Wooyoung's eyes darted towards him, shocked. He mouthed a soft, "What?"

 

"You guys were together, Youngie. Anyway, that's the gist of your life." Taecyeon said. "As for us, well....if you really don't remember....I'm Taecyeon. That guy with the smelly feet is our hyung, Minjun."

 

"YAH!"

 

Taecyeon laughed at this and continued, "The suspicious one with the tray in his hands is Junho, your dongsaeng. That big guy over there is Chansung, our maknae. And that is Nichkhun, your boyfriend." Taecyeon finished with one finger pointing at Nichkhun. Wooyoung wasn't that good with names so he simply nodded. Minjun then asked about Joonie, "Who's the boy?"

 

"He's my son, Jang Joonie."

 

"Joonie? Wait, did you get married in...wherever you were?"

 

Most of them noticed the sad expression on Nichkhun's face when Minjun asked this. But when Wooyoung shook his head, they were shocked.

 

"I've never been married. I didn't even go on a date. I was found by an old lady and she took care of me. She knew nothing about me, but she treated me like a son. Joonie....well, I....how should I put this?" He scratched his head, at a loss for words. The term 'giving birth' sounded too weird for him. After all, guys don't do that. 

 

"Adopted?" Junho suggested.

 

"Nope. He's mine." Wooyoung replied bluntly. "Flesh and blood. I guess you can just get the picture. I'm too embarassed to say it." He looked over at his son and smiled warmly. But his son was still too wary of the other guys.

 

"Wait, isn't it impossible...? I mean...we're guys....you're a guy, right?" Taecyeon chuckled.

 

"I am. Doctors claimed it was a miracle and I believe them. I have to, I guess....me being in that situation."

 

"Does it hurt?" Minjun asked. He had always been wondering how painful childbirth is. "Yes, it is." Wooyoung replied, with a serious expression on his face.

 

"Then whose the other...uh....father?" Junho interrupted. All eyes were on Nichkhun now, who was too shocked to say anything.

 

"Well, the eyes and mouth seemed like Youngie. But the cheeks and nose...doesn't it look like Nichkhun?" Chansung said after he observed the boy a little closer. Joonie quickly hid his face behind Wooyoung. "Daddy, I'm scared..." His little voice wavered as he said it.

 

"It's okay, baby.  They won't hurt you. Anyway, go and say hi."

 

Joonie looked at his dad for a moment before he nimbly nodded. "Ok..." He got down from the couch and stared at the faces in front of him one at a time. And then he approached Taecyeon first. "You're sooo big, mister."

 

"Joonie!" Wooyoung scolded. "You can't be rude. Tell him you're sorry."

 

"Sorry, uncle...." His face brightened up after that. "Anyway, I'm Joonie. Jang Joonie."

 

"Hey there, little man. Call me uncle Taec from now on, ok?"

 

"Ok!" Joonie approached Minjun and Junho next. "Uncle, you smell weird..." He said to Minjun, who only laughed at this. "Omo, he's just like you, Youngie."

 

Wooyoung face-palmed right there on the couch. "I didn't teach him that."

 

"What can I call you then?" Joonie asked Minjun.

 

"Call me Grandpa. And this guy here is your Grandma." He said, pointing at Junho. "Yah, hyung!"

 

"And I'm Uncle Chansung." Chansung introduced himself. "Uncle Chan for short."

 

The whole room was filled with a delighted warm sensation as Joonie began to make himself comfortable amongst the guys. The last person was Nichkhun. Nichkhun kneeled down to face his son. "Guess who I am..." His expression softened when Joonie replied, "Since I have a daddy already, with Grandpa and Grandma, and two uncles....can you be my mummy then?"

 

The guys laughed hard at this, but Nichkhun had never felt so happy at the thought of being a mom. He took Joonie into his arms and smelled the sweet scent of the shampoo Wooyoung usually used before he disappeared. "Welcome home, baby...." He hoped that Wooyoung heard that too.

 

THE END!!!!

 


 

Finally it ends with a sweet ending! Thank you everyone for reading my fic. I hope you guys enjoyed it as I enjoyed writing it. It's a little slow at first...sorrry, but it's finally come to an end. *claps hands*