Envy

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

I can't stop writing because I myself want to know how this story progress.....LOOOOOL. Anyway, last one before I go to bed. At least I managed to study first. Whee~~~

 

________________________________________

 

"Khun hyung..." Wooyoung muttered, not believing what he saw in front of his eyes. His voice came out in a squeak, and he wasn't sure why exactly. It could be nerves. Or surprise. Even fear. But it wasn't something Wooyoung was definitely expecting. Heck, he expected he would reach home in ten minutes, get a long hot bath, eat some ice cream and then fall asleep. That was his routine lately. Nichkun's sudden presence literally threw him off-balance. And to boot, the older looked angry. Fuming with intensity, to be precise.

 

Nichkun heard the tiny squeak and saw the jerky movements that Wooyoung was exhibiting. Huh, how obvious! He is probably starting to feel guilty at what he did today, Nichkun thought. Serves him right, he added into his train of thoughts. Without looking the younger boy, he released the brake and sped off, overtaking three cars before stopping at a red light. His eyes were focused on the road, but his mind was trying to work out a very complicated puzzle. Wooyoung kept quiet beside him. 

 

"You..." Nichkun started, and Wooyoun tensed. Oh God, this must be how hell feels like. Wooyoung could literally feel his heart racing. If he didn't die from whatever Nichkun is about to impose on him, he would probably drop dead right then from a heart attack. "...did you have fun?" The question had a sort of sarcastic tone to it. It was mixed in with too much anger.

 

Wooyoung opened his mouth and let out a soft 'yes' to the question. That seemed to intensify the anger emanating from Nichkun. Wooyoung could almost feel his hairs burning.

 

"Why....w-why are you h-here s-s-suddenly, h-hyung?"

 

Nichkun thought the stammering was cute but his emotions did not let it sway him. "Because of you." He replied, in a cool, composed voice. To Wooyoung, it sounded like a death threat.

 

"O-oh....uh, w-what did I d-do?"

 

Nichkun glanced at the younger boy for a second before returning his attention to the road. He purposely took the long way back to cool himself off. "You went on a date." He said it in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

 

Wooyoung sat up on his seat, puzzled. "How did you know?"

 

"I called Taecyeon, and he said you weren't home yet. But he had to rush somewhere so he didn't tell me where you were. I presumed you were still in the hospital. I was almost done with filming today's episode when one of my managers went online to check on any recent news updates. Apparently, she loves IU, so naturally I found out about the date."

 

"Uh..." Wooyoung was speechless. Deep down inside, he was extremely happy that Nichkun came back. But this was not the way he pictured a reunion with Nichkun would be like.

 

Nichkun continued, "The media is quite useful, don't you think?" It wasn't a question, but a statement, a retort. "The moment I found out, I called in sick and told my manager that I would be flying back to Seoul for two days to recover. I took a two-bloody-long hours flight just to come back and see that you've enjoyed your date." He narrowed his eyebrows and used his free hand to rub his temples.

 

"Uh...thank you?"

 

"Thank you?" Nichkun stopped the car at the side of the road suddenly. And then turned his full attention to the younger boy. Wooyoung scooted away a little and wished he was suddenly sitting in a van, where the seats are long. "Wooyoung...do you have any idea how angry I am, right now?"

 

"W-why?"

 

"WHY?! Why don't you answer that yourself?" Nichkhun yelled back, but when he realized it was too much, he calmed down a little. "Look, I don't like how you attach yourself to people so much, like leaning against Taecyeon and going on dates without informing me."

 

"Wait a minute. Hyung, I don't understand why you don't like it. You're not being clear right now." It was true. Nichkun never acted like this before. He was always okay with Wooyoung going out with friends and he never really needed to give permission for Wooyoung to go out.

 

Nichkun sighed, wondering how he could sort out this mess without making a fool out of himself. "Youngie....I'm going to tell you everything now, so listen up. The thing is....I got a little jealous everytime you got a little too close to someone, whether it's a guy or a girl. I can't tell you why. I just am. Whenver I'm not filming, I worry about you. Yes, I'm happy being with Victoria but for the past couple of days, with you constantly getting hurt and me not being able to be there to comfort you, my heart...ached." He leaned in closer towards Wooyoung. "I don't know what this means, but I sure hate feeling like this." Wooyoung nodded for no apparent reason and that made Nichkun chuckle.

 

"I think I came here because I let my emotions get the best of me." Nichkun finished, satisfied that he was able to let out his emotions.

 

Wooyoung wasn't sure if he understood the situation entirely. Ok, Nichkun was jealous, but why? Is it a best friend thing? Or a brother thing? Or...a lover thing? The third option seemed ridiculous. No, it's probably the first. And suddenly he felt tears stinging in his eyes. How he wished it was the third option! But the reality is, it would never be for that reason. Nichkun was married. He would probably fall in love with Victoria, considering the span of time they would be spending together.

 

"Is Victoria okay with you being here?" He asked.

 

"Vic? She's a little worried about me, but she allowed me to come back for two days."

 

"She's a sweetheart, huh?" Wooyoung chuckled to himself. His emotions were in a whirlpool of storm, tears threatening to spill out any second. "Are you starting to love her?" The questions hurt, but he wanted to know the truth.

 

Nichkun revved up the engine again and drove off. This time, a little slowly. His mood got better, because he said what he needed to say and they were talking about Victoria. He liked talking about her.

 

"Yeah, she is. She's lovable in a housewfie sort of way." He said dreamily.

 

Wooyoung almost choked but he managed to cough it off and then said, "I'm happy for you." Nichkhun felt a twist in his stomach. He didn't know why the words stung him a little. But he didn't dare to look at Wooyoung. He knew how the other felt for him. Oh God, he felt like a selfish bastard. Wooyoung probably hates me now, imprisoning his freedom like this while I'm happy about marrying Victoria, Nichkun thought. He knew it was selfish but he can't help wanting both. He didn't want to lose either one.

 

They exchanged a few more small talks before finally reaching the dorm. Everyone else was happy to see Nichkun, and Taecyeon gave him a big brotherly hug. Conversations rolled in naturally, everyone contributing a topic, including Wooyoung. He sat beside Chansung, resting his head against the maknae's shoulder. For a split second, Wooyoung noticed the small frown on Nichkun's face, but he thought it was probably exhaustion. After all, he suddenly took a quick flight back.

 

By midnight, everyone started feeling sleepy. Chansung, Wooyoung and Junho were already asleep, in a heap of bodies they built in the middle of the living room. The older three laughed at this and each of them decided to carry one of the younger ones back to their beds. Taecyeon grabbed Chansung, Minjun carried Junho, and Nichkun lifted Wooyoung up in his arms, bridal style.

 

Nickhun placed Wooyoung in the bed they shared together before he moved out. Basically, it's Wooyoung's bed now until the day Nichkun shifts in again. The room brought nostalgic memories back. He missed having Wooyoung cuddled up against his chest, planting soft morning pecks on the younger boy every morning and hearing the occasional teeth-grinding that annoyed him at first, but he later found it to be adorable. 

 

Wooyoung looked like the bed swallowed him whole when Nichkun placed him down. Mountains of pillows were stacked underneath the thick comforter. It seemed extremely comfortable at the moment, mainly because Nichkun was exhausted. He changed into his penguin jammies and fell alseep beside Wooyoung, cuddling the boy against his body. Another night passed, this time with sweet dreams.

 

_______________________________