The News

It's a DIARY! I was TEMPTED!

Wooyoung could feel his heart breaking into a million pieces when news broke out that Nichkun would be getting married to Victoria. He said nothing during practice, while the others were too busy congratulating Nichkun. Nichkun of course noticed Wooyoung's sudden submissive behaviour but he didn't want to ask anything yet. He assumed Wooyoung was just tired.

 

After practice, he dragged Wooyoung into an empty locker room and asked, "Are you okay?"

 

"I'm fine." The other lied. "Just...tired, that's all."

 

"Oh..." Nichkun felt a little worried. The boy really looked pale. "Then we should be getting back fast. You need some rest. Good thing our schedule is empty after this."

 

Wooyoung nodded but just as Nichkun stepped off to leave the locker room, Wooyoung stopped him. "Hyung. Wait...can I ask you something?"

 

"What is it?"

 

"Are you excited about...the whole marriage thing?"

 

Nichkun stared at Wooyoung's face, trying to trace any sign of jealousy. But there were none. Wooyoung's expression was hard to read; it looked serious. "Of course I am."

 

"Oh..." And that was it. Wooyoung turned to leave, but not before he mouthed a quick "Congratulation" to his best friend.

 

The rest of the day went by like a breeze. That night, after everyone had retired to bed, Wooyoung sat down at the kitchen table and wrote another entry in his diary.

 

I would lie if I say I'm not jealous. When I heard the news, I was overcome with sadness instead of happiness. I know I shouldn't have such feelings. He's like a brother to me. But I can't help feeling like wanted him. I didn't want him to be in another person's arms but me. Yet, I'm too much of a coward to tell him my feelings. I wonder if this is what falling in love feels like. Do I love him?

 

Yes.

 

He closed his diary and then went to bed.

 

_____________________________

 

Nichkun felt hungry. It was past midnight and everyone else had gone to bed. He sat up in bed, wondering if he could sneak downstairs for a quick bite of anything that exists in their fridge at the moment. Well, there should be some crackers left at the very least. His stomach finally persuaded him and off he went, creeping out of his room in the middle of the night in his night jammies.

 

When he finally within the proximity of the kitchen, he stopped in his tracks. Someone was still awake. But who?

 

He peered in and was surprised to find Wooyoung. "You're still awake?"

 

Wooyoung was so startled that he dropped the book he was writing in and looked up at Nichkun. "Hyung! W-what are still doing up?"

 

Nichkun gave a small grin and said, "I felt a little hungry. Is there any food left?"

 

"Yeah, I think's there's some leftover chicken in the fridge." Wooyoung replied.

 

"Well, that sounds better than biscuits." Nichkun walked over to the fridge while Wooyoung picked up his diary. "What were you up to?"

 

"Nothing." Wooyoung lied. 

 

"It didn't look like nothing." Nichkun chuckled and then teased, "Are you writing a love letter?"

 

That caused the other boy to blush beet red. "W-what are you talking about? Of course not! I was just checking my week's schedule to see if I have any days off."

 

"Oh? Well, I'm pretty busy this week. The shooting for WGM is starting this Friday." Nichkun said as he took a bite on his chicken, oblivious to the pained look on Wooyoung's face. "You can come visit if you---"

 

"No, I'll be busy." Wooyoung said, coldly. "I can't make it, hyung. Sorry. Anyway, I'm off to bed. Don't sleep too late."

 

"Ah, good night." Nichkun watched as the boy left hastily, with his brown leather book secured fastly in his left hand. He wondered if Wooyoung was really okay. Deep down inside, he felt like there was something more than just exhaustion. He couldn't quite point out a reason for feeling this way, but instincts told him that Wooyoung was hiding something, and he wanted to find out.

 

_______________________

 

Morning came, and one by one, everyone started waking up. There were scheduled for dance practice that morning, so by 7am, their manager came to rush them off to the studio.They practiced for a number of hours, until Wooyoung suddenly complained of a stomach ailment. 

 

"Are you okay?!" Chansung asked, very worried. Wooyoung was asked to sit in a corner while their manager hurried off to prepare a van that would take him to a nearby clinic.

 

"Yeah." Wooyoung replied weakly. It was hurting really badly now.

 

"Did you go to the toilet?" Junsu chipped in, and massaged Wooyoung's shoulders gently. Wooyoung nodded and clutched his stomach tighter. The others were just as worried, but Nichkun was pacing around angrily, wondering why it took so long to prepare a bloody van. He looked at Wooyoung's pained expression and his heart clenched.

 

Wooyoung started to whimper by the time the manager came back. Nichkun and Junsu assisted the boy to the van, while the others rushed off to make way for them. In the van, he began sobbing quietly, bending over to relief the pain a little. Junho rubbed his back and Chansung tried to cheer him up. Taecyeon, Nichkun and Junsu were sitting at the back, worried about their dongsaeng.

 

When they finally arrived at a clinic, Wooyoung was whisked into the doctor's office with everyone else. The doctor gave a little check and then asked him to lie down on a chair nearby. A few minutes later, the doctor said, "It's food poisoning." Everyone was surprised.

 

"But how? We ate the same thing he did." Taecyeon asked. He looked down at Wooyoung and saw the color draining from the boy's cheeks.

 

"Well, you can't be too sure that food poisoning won't happen just because everyone ate the same thing. I'll administer an injection and let him rest after that. He'll be fine in a few hours. But he would need to go let out whatever he ate earlier."

 

They thanked the doctor and left soon after the injection was given. That afternoon, Wooyoung was sent to rest in bed, while Nichkun stayed by his side. The others were too busy with their schedule to take care of him so they were relieved when Nichkun offered himself. 

 

"Wooyounggie, you should go to sleep." Nichkun said, tugging in the blanket around the boy.

 

"I'm fine. It just stings a little, but the injection is working."

 

"The doctor said it will make you throw up later whatever you ate earlier. If you rest now, then you won't be too tired later."

 

"Khunnie....will you be shifting to the new house tomorrow?" Wooyoung had been wanting to ask. Tomorrow is Friday.

 

"Yes. I hate to leave, but the shooting will be done in that house. Will you come visit me?"

 

"Maybe. Will you welcome me?"

 

"Of course I would, stupid."

 

"Why?"

 

"What do you mean, why? You're my best friend. Are you worried that Victoria won't accept you?"

 

"No. It's not that. I'm just sad that you had to leave." Wooyoung said, looking away for a moment.

 

Nichkun stared at him for a good five seconds before asking, "Why are you sad? It's not like I'm leaving the group altogether. It's just for the show."

 

"Well, I guess I just got so used of having you around that it's a little hard for me to think that you're moving into a new house tomorrow, eventhough it is temporary." Wooyoung replied, with his eyes closed. He couldn't look at Nichkun's face.

 

Nichkun said nothing to that. He just stared at Wooyoung with a raised eyebrow.

 

"I'm going to sleep." Wooyoung announced, while Nichkun continued to stare at him. After a few minutes, when he was sure that Wooyoung was already asleep, he got up and decided that a little fresh air would clear his mind. That was when he noticed a familiar brown leather book lying on Wooyoung's desk. He hesitated for a minute. And then decided the best of it. No, he would NOT go through another person's diary.