xxiv

The Uninvited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI

 

 

We wake up roughly 4am in the morning so we have lots of time to prepare before the chopper would arrive at whatever place we are right now. I decided not to take a shower anymore since  I don't have any clothes with me and besides I'm getting used to it even though it's hella disgusting. I heard the door click and I saw the mother coming in. When did she manage to go out?

 

"Good Morning" I pleasantly greeted and she smiled back.

"Got a good night sleep?" she asked and goes to the kitchen which is inevitably seen from where I am standing.

"I have to say it's one of my comforting nights in the middle of this madness" I replied politely and gave her a hand in cooking. I was in charge of cutting some vegetables while she's infront of the gas stove doing something.

 

I heard a soft groan from the little Joohyuk coming in the kitchen. I smiled at him and he immediately punch my leg. What a nice way to say good morning huh? No.

 

"You didn't play with me yesterday!" Joohyuk huffed and I crouched down to mess up with his hair.

"It's already late Joohyuk and I am really tired last night. Sorry for that" I said and he just shrugged me off and went to his mother to ask what's the menu for this morning.

 

 

The cooking show with me, Joohyuk and the mother ended at exactly 5pm and I can't still hear any signs of the chopper so might as well enjoy the breakfast that we prepared humbly. I was about to call noona when no one greeted me on the living.

 

"Where is she?" I said irritated.

 

I walked out of the house to find her and luckily I found her under a tree with her eyes closed. I went to her and shaked her ever so gently hoping it could wake her up.

 

"Fei noona, breakfast is ready" I said and she stirred from her slumber. She slowly lifted her eyelids and welcomed me with  a hug.

"Good Morning Kai!" she said and released from the hug.

 

She stood up even before I respond and quickly made way inside. I followed her and went inside directly to the dining hall. The breakfast was silent since no one was in the mood or should I say can't talk about the topic all the adults here are dreaded to talk about. It's simple, Joohyuk is around and his mother can't risk his innocent.

 

In the middle of our silent breakfast, I never expected whatever stuff that will leave my mouth after this. That would be totally uncalled for.

 

"Why don't you come with us?" I asked quickly and she just smiled back at me.

"We're satisfied here. Thanks for the offer" she said but her eyes gave away a glint of sadness.

"Please take care. I will call by that device every now and then to check up on you and Joohyuk." I said and smiled at both of them.

"You're leaving already?" Joohyuk pouted.

"We have to Joohyuk. I will call you by that thing okay? Don't ignore me or no chocolates for you" I said and pointed on the device and he nodded.

"Will you come back?" he softly spoke and I pat his head.

"I'll try to because we still haven't played yet right kiddo?" I said and kissed his forehead.

"I will miss you hyung" Joohyuk said and hugged me.

 

As if on cue, a loud chopper was heard and I quickly snapped my head on the mother and was surprised by my reaction. I looked at Fei noona and as if we were twins, she immediately understood what my look meant.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter