xxii

The Uninvited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI

 

 

 

We waited for the worst to emerge infront of us but it's been minutes since the bushes were moving. I decided to muster up some courage in me and slowly tiptoed towards the bushes. I planned on moving away the bushes but someone beat me. Wait! someone?

 

"Oh!" the kid infront of me said in surprise.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I unconsciously screamed because come on who expects a living thing in the middle of this madness and for god's sake it's a little kid!

"Umm this is where I live ahjusshi" he said softly and bowed his head in fear, his little dog wags its tail before going back to a house.

 

A what? A house! So there's still a family that lived! b-but how is that possible? What sorcery is this? I should be happy but why is fear creeping all over my body? I smell something fishy here.

 

"Kai? come on!" Fei noona said and I saw her playing with the kid. I think I spaced out for a while since their like almost inside the house already. I waved my hand telling them I'll follow.

 

I slowly walked to the house and take in my surroundings in my mind. I kept on looking around hoping to see something odd but fortunately everything looks....normal

 

"Umma!" the kid knocked on their door quite loudly that made me flinch as well as Fei noona. Fei noona crouches down to the kid's eye level and softly whispers on the kid's ear.

"Little boy, knocking loudly is rude. You must only knock three times so that umma will not get angry" she softly says and ends it with a smile.

"N-Neh noona! sorry about that I am just excited to tell umma I have new friends! but that ahjusshi is scary" the kid pouted and hugged Fei noona.

"He's not scary, he's just surprise to see you" she explained and I nodded.

"Why? because I'm weird? my classmates tell me I'm weird that's why they don't make friends with me" the kid said and softly sobs on Fei noona's embrace. I also sat down to meet the kid's eye level.

"You're not weird! I am just surprised because someone as handsome as me is just a little kid. You're cuter than me and I'm jealous" I said and fake whined that earned a chuckle from the sobbing child. Fei noona winked at me and I smiled at her in return.

 

"Joohyukkie! Joohyukkie where are you?" I heard a woman's voice and I suppose it was the kid's I mean Joohyukkie's mother since he quickly pulled off from the hug and skipped happily to where the woman is standing.

 

Fei noona and I stood up and bowed at the woman and the woman confusingly bowed back with her eyes blinking too fast to my liking.

 

"Annyeong, I'm Fei and this is my friend Kai" Fei noona introduced us and bowed once again before the woman.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter