xxiii

The Uninvited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI

 

 

 

 

 

"That's it! We are safe Fei noona!" I said excitedly and hugged Fei noona tightly. I pulled off quickly and faced the mother once again and smiled. I feel so lucky! First living citizens of the world and now? they're even related to Jieun's father.

 

 

"May I ask if they do rounds since I suspect they are the ones giving you the supply of foods right?" I softly spoke.

"Y-Yes you're right. Every other day they flew here to give us food and some other stuff like medicines and oh! speaking of which we forgot to tell them that there are other survivors. I should really get going and talk to them by the phone." she said and stood up.

"Wait! phone? there's still phone service around here? How is that even possible?" I asked mostly to myself.

"I'm sorry I think you got it wrong, the Lees gave us some kind of walkie talkie so we have some kind of communication especially when we are in need." the mother explained and went by the cupboard to get the phone. It's weird she puts it there when she can put it by the desk right? oh well! not my business.

 

 

 

She starts clicking on the humongous device she had in her hands and after she finished clicking those weird buttons, the device rang and after a few rings the other side answered the call. I stayed silent waiting for their mini conversation to finish and when the man asked for the survivors which is me and Fei noona I felt like it's my cue to speak. I got the phone from the mother and placed the device by my ear.

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo?" I said and the other line answered.

"Can I get your name please and enlighten us if you had wounds." I quickly recognized the voice of the Lee's official butler which name is Minwoo.

"Minwoo it's me Kai!"

"Oh good lord Young Master you're alive! Miss Jieun and Miss Soojung has been crying for god knows how long waiting for you and some other girl named Fei to come. Should I tell them that you are on phone Young Master?" Minwoo said with too much honorifics and I feel weird actually. I know you guys are wondering why the hell he's calling me Young Master well when we were not this old yet I think when I was 9 years old I begged him to call me that and from then on he called me Young Master. Don't give me weird looks I'm just 9 back then!

"Uh no! I want to surprise them and err may I ask if they're complete? I mean I think they are 5 in the group" I asked hoping everything's okay with them.

"Yes Young Master" he replied.

"Thanks Minwoo! You're a great help make sure you don't slip okay? and oh! fetch us first thing tomorrow morning. I missed my troop already" I said and laughed by the line.

"Roger that" he said and that's when the call ends.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter