xxi

The Uninvited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI

 

 

Everyone cheered in response to what i said but only one shook their heads. I think that person thought I would miss those little movements but when it comes to that person. I promise to myself to be extra careful.

 

"What's with the reaction Heechul?" I snarled dropping the honorifics.

"Do you think you can erase the madness in an hour?" he simply said

"It's better than mourning every second to something terrible made by a terrible person" I said coldly.

"Don't make it sound that it's entirely my fault!" he said tone slowly rising.

"Shut up you bastard! What do you want us to think? that this is just an accident? JUST A FREAKING ACCIDENT! No way in hell I - We would treat his madness as an accident! We lost almost everything because of what you've done! because of your greed!" I shouted at his face and everyone else around me froze.

 

Soojung hugged me to calm me down and whispered to me that I should lower my voice because no one wants to draw the madmen near us. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and exhaled. I glared at him one last time before going by the driver's seat.

 

"Kai, you need to have some rest" Fei noona said as she pats my shoulders.

"I can't" I responded shortly.

"Just try" she said softly.

"Noona, I said I can't please just leave me alone. I'll drive us to our next destination" I said softly and bring the engine into life.

 

 

I drove past alot of abandoned buildings and houses. Recognizing a bunch of structures every now and then and reminisce my memories on each. At this very moment, I am determined to take us into Lee's Residences, Jieun's home, because there I can feel that we may find safety and warm welcome.

 

It only took us a few minutes of silent driving when a hoard of zombies welcomed us by the bridge. I quickly died the engine hoping no one from the madmen would notice us but it's too late. One by one they are approaching.

 

"GUYS! GUYS! INCOMING!" I hollered and they quickly grabbed their weapons. I hopped off the van and saw some barriers by the side of the road. I dragged them one by one to make a temporary barrier between the van and the hoard.

"Let me help you" Changsub snarled. Wait he snarled? at me? Damn! I don't have time for his mood swings.

 

We quickly made the temporary barrier and came back to the van. The ladies managed to get their weapons quickly. I peeked to the van and saw Heechul tied up inside glaring at me. Ha! serves him right.

 

"Changsub, you're a sharp shooter aim the ones on the bridge" I commanded.

"Geez! I got it" he replied quite sarcastic.

"Jieun do you have the pistol with the silencer?" I asked and she nodded.

"Good then go for the nearest zombie and hit them in the head. I suggest you don't waste bullets. We're running low of bullets. You got that right part together with Soojung" I said and tossed another pistol to Soojung which she caught properly.

"How about me?" Hyosung noona got off the van wearing a rather y outfit. I just blinked for a while before tossing a command at her.

"Hyosung noona, I see you got the shotgun. It will be very loud so expect alot incoming but please only use that when push comes to shove. Fei noona and I will handle everything with our swords and clubs." I nodded at her and the action began.

 

 

I got in position on the middle and climbed on a barrier. I swung my club and hardly hit a madmen by the head which resulted to banging his head and blood spurting everywhere. I saw Fei noona flawlessly poking her sword to every head of madmen that comes to her way. Jieun and Soojung looked calm in doing what they're doing and of course Changsub all smiles playing with his favorite toys. Hyosung noona on the other hand was leisurely waiting for her time to help us and unfortunately that time came unexpected.

 

"HYOSUNG NOONA! LOOK UP!" I saw a madman jumping off by the escalated sid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter