The Truth

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry. I have fallen in love with your son."

 

The typically cool and uncaring man shoots up from his seat at the office desk with a thunderous slam of his hand on the desk top. "Say that again, and know that if you're toying with me, I will make sure that your family and you will all suffer dire consequences."

I take a deep, shuddering breath to calm myself, before bursting out: "I love Minhyuk! Please forgive me!"

 

Shocked silence follows, as the CEO slowly allows the young girl's words to sink in.

"M-M-Min...hyuk?" he stutters, "the younger one?"

"...Yes."

"Why?"

"Because..." I scan my brain for a reason, "...there is no explanation - I just fell in love with him."

"How?"

"He confessed to me, actually," I smirk inwardly at the horrified expression on his face, "twice, in fact."

"You're kidding."

"I swear, I'm not."

 

Mr. Lee turns away from me, hands balled at his sides as he paces the room. "Did you think I would offer you two my blessings? Is that why you came and told me this?"

"No," I shake my head a little, "all I want is for you to know the truth - so that Minhyuk wouldn't need to feel guilty for not telling you about me. We've already decided to be together no matter what happens, so your objection will do little in the ways of stopping our feelings."

"Even if I told you that your father will lose his job, and be shunned from all future employment possibilities under companies I have connections with?" My own face remains stoic, but the older man smiles darkly, "Your family will suffer for your foolishly young love, Hei; do not disappoint me and choose ignorance over responsibility."

"I know everything, Mr. Lee, so please stop trying to pretend you're the bad guy."

 

The middle-aged business does a double take, What on earth is she talking about? his expression asks.

"I recently found out through my father's confessions that you have been the one to pay for all my tuition fees and living expenses for the past 21 years. Why you did it, he did not tell me - but he did hint at my birth parents."

"You have no idea what you're talking about, little girl," Mr. Lee feigns cluelessness, "why would a businessman like me, who only considered expenses and profit, have provided for your meager and useless life for over 20 years? Don't delude yourself."

"No," I look straight into his eyes, watching as they scan the room for anything to look at except me, "you need to stop lying to me, and tell me the truth."

"Stop being impossible--"

"I said," my teeth grit onto each other with impatience, "tell me the truth."

 

And so with

Please log in to read the full chapter