Thank You

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Three days later, I am still sitting beside Lee Minhyuk for Linguistics.

Still not able to talk to him.

Still listening to his non-stop chatter as girls gossip about me behind my back.

 

Maybe I should just move away, sit in the other vacant seat in Linguistics, I think to myself with a sigh, but that would mean that I'd have to sit at the back...and my eyesight is quite poor...

 

"Hei noona?!" an energetic voice interrupts my internal dilemma, "all the gods must love me for us to see each other here! Are you on your way to the library too?"

I nod, smiling at his irresistible charm and puppy-like eyes.

"Yay!" Sungjae links his arm through mine enthusiastically, "let's go together then! And do you take Mathematics?"

I nod again.

"Woohoo~" he cheers, "then you have to tutor me! Please please please ple-"

I shut him up with a finger poised at my own lips, and smile at him while giving another nod.

"Noona you're the best! He pretends to bite my finger as I hurriedly withdraw it from him, and steer him towards the library.

 

How on earth am I meant to tutor this kid if I can't even speak to him? I worry internally as we find a vacant seat beside a large window.

"Hei noona, can't you try to talk to me?" Sungjae voices my concern, "how on earth are you meant to tutor me if you can't even speak to me?"

Wow...my exact words...this kid has some serious mind-reading skills!

"Yeah, I know I'm a good mind-reader," he teases, "but seriously noona, everything's already written across your face! It's not that hard!"

Really?...Is my face that easy to read? I tilt my head to the side in question.

"It is! Okay I feel like I can have a conversation with you now, even without words!" he pumps one fist into the air happily.

 

I grin, then point at a bookshelf three sections down from where we were sitting, I'll go get the book on level 1 Entrance Mathematics.

"No it's alright noona, you stay here, I'll go get it!" he jumps up from his seat, and gives me a big wave before heading over to the shelf I had indicated.

He's a good kid, I think to myself, only those who are kind-hearted and thoughtful can read people's expressions without actually having to have them voice what's on their mind.

 

Watching his playful skip as he disappears into the masses of books, I didn't see the three shadows approaching me until one of them taps my shoulder.

"Hei-ssi."

I glance up to find 3 girls looking down on me with menacing snarls decorating their doll-like faces caked with layers of make up. "Yes?

Please log in to read the full chapter