Conflicting Truths

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I hate it."

 

My eyes widen in shock and horror - did those three words just come from Hyunsik's gentle lips?

"I said I liked your long hair, and you promised me you'll never cut it--" his voice cracks on the last word, and he turns away from me to walk out of the crowded cafeteria with his hands balled into frustrated fists.

"...Well someone feels strongly about your hairstyle..." Sungjae laughs awkwardly into the frozen silence, "but just for the record, I like it noona!"

I force a smile in thanks.

He wraps his arms around my shoulders loosely in a bear hug, "Don't let him get to you alright noona? He's just jealous because you look amazing and he doesn't want the other guys to notice you," he winks playfully.

"I don't think that's the case..." Minhyuk mumbles, "maybe this is something going on between the two of them?"

"Hyung," Sungjae leans in to whisper harshly into his ear, "I'm trying to make the situation better, can't you see?!"

But Minhyuk ignores him completely, "Hei, are you and Hyunsik in a relationship?"

 

He's sharp... I think to myself. Yes, we are, I take a sudden interest in my shoes, unable to meet Minhyuk's hardened gaze. Isn't this what I had been after? Minhyuk thinking that I am taken and therefore moving on with his little crush? 

Instead, a pair of eyes blank with immense sadness stare unblinkingly at me when I glance back up. His lips pursed in a thin line as Minhyuk tries to interpret the truth I had just revealed to him.

"Oh...well, that's...nice..." Sungjae coughs, a little stunned to form a proper congratulation.

"So should I take that as a rejection to my confession?" Minhyuk askes without conviction.

Ye-yes, I t

Please log in to read the full chapter