Jealous 'Friend'

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Thanks for taking me home, Minhyuk," I flash a tired smile at the hand supporting my arm as I unlock the front door.

"You've said that twice already," he pats my back gently.

"I just want to show my gratitude," I look pointedly at his silver Mercedes, "it's really not fun walking home at night when the streets are silent...and full of lurking shadows."

"The pleasure's all mine," he bows politely, before stepping back and waving his hand in a lazy manner, "Good night my lady, and may sweet dreams find you in your sleep."

"Cheesy," I laugh quietly, in fear of waking my family at the late hour.

"Romantic," he insists, "well, goodbye beautiful."

"See you at school," I stifle a yawn with the back of my hand, stepping into my house with a small wave. Inside, however, turmoil created havoc inside my mind. Keep a clear head, Hei. My mission to break their hearts will be difficult if I take a liking to Minhyuk now...

 

Back in my own room at last, I flop down comfortably onto the bed as sleep slowly close my eyes.

"She has no surname..."

"Her parents abandoned her..."

My eyes quickly fly open as all thought of sleep vanishes. Lee Byunghun... I think to myself bitterly, why does he always know what to say in order to hurt me?! Not to mention he did it unintentionally...

 

Unable to fall asleep, my body aches from the day's stress, and I decide to hoist myself off the bed and head towards the bathroom for a shower. Breaking his heart will be a piece of cake. I'd be happy to watch him burn and suffer at this point without so much as an wince from the sidelines.

"Look in the mirror before you decide to ask me out, and make sure you don't look like the chick called Hei."

I stand motionless in front of the steam clouded mirror, as the hot water runs down the drain. What is it about me that repulses him so much? I wonder, I can't call myself a beauty - but I'm not really ugly...at least...no one other than Byunghun has ever said anything...

My clothes land in a messy pile on the cold tiles, as I step gingerly into the water and under the showerhead. Immediately, my muscles tense themselves at the sudden temperature change, before relaxing completely and welcoming the warmth.

I'm not really fat... I glance down at my body as the water trickles in streams down my back, and my limb proportions are all average... I hold out my arms and legs to inspect them, so why does Lee Byunghun insult me so frequently?

 

Tears involuntarily drip down my cheeks, mixing into the water droplets, as the steam clouds my tear-blurred vision even further.

I never did anything to wrong him...All I ever wanted was to love him...

I turn off the tap dejectedly, running a hand through my wet hair before wrapping a towel around myself and

Please log in to read the full chapter