I Like You

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I like you," he blushes, "I hope you don't mind."

What? my eyes widen as a deep pink tints my cheeks, is this for real?

Hyunsik smiles apologetically, "Please don't feel burdened though - you are free to reject me, just as I am free to hold feelings for you. I understand that you are simply trying to divert Minhyuk's attention by using me as a cover - but I want you to know that I do not treat this as a joke."

 

But...I can't talk.

"I like you, Hei," his eyes sparkle in determination as if he has read my thoughts, "you can't speak to me, but I fell for you the moment we met. I agreed to such an outrageous proposal because I want you to like me back eventually; so I want to start by playing as your fake boyfriend."

My rationality tells me that I should end this now - what's the point in having a 'fake' boyfriend when one party holds feelings for the other who cannot reciprocate the feeling?

But another, more reckless part of me enjoys this exciting turn of events. Fake lovers develop real feelings for each other - it sounds like a drama...

 

While I was having an internal debate with myself, Hyunsik's hands had busied itself by twirling strands of my long hair between his fingers. "I like your hair, Hei, it's really soft and lovable - just like you. Don't ever cut it, alright?"

I nod hesitantly, trying to ignore the warm swelling inside my chest as his fingers weaves in and out of my hair.

 

 

With Hyunsik's confession still occupying my mind, I walk out of the girl's bathroom with a small

Please log in to read the full chapter