Speed Delivery

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Are you feeling slightly better now?" Minhyuk lifts my chin slightly as my sobs gradually subside, "go and wash your face to calm yourself a little - I'll prepare the food."

"Do you even know how to cook?" Byunghun asks quietly, standing somewhat guiltily in the same position he had arrived in, unsure of what exactly he should do when a girl is weeping into his younger brother's shirt.

"I'll manage," he guides me gently to the bathroom, "Hei, go and freshen up; you look so emotionally drained I think it might actually be a good idea to take a soothing bath or something."

"I-I'm fine," a hiccup brought on by the crying breaks my sentence unconvincingly.

"Well, if you say so..." Minhyuk hesistantly closes the door, "just call my name if you need me! I'll be in the kitchen."

 

As soon as the door clicks shut, however, my legs turn numb and I land heavily on to the polished tiles, too tired to try and stand back up.

He was my first friend...the first man I had been brave enough to speak back to ever since high school. I clutch at the fabric on my own shirt, wanting to tear the left side of my chest out due to the ugly feeling of loneliness and loss.

 

"Hei? Are you alright?" Minhyuk knocks on the bathroom door curiously, "What was that sound just now?!"

"Oh...I'm fine, it was just...uh..." I look around for an object to blame, "I just knocked over the rubbish bin, that's all!"

"What?!" Byunghun screams, "the rubbish bin?! !"

"Is there something in there that shouldn't be?" I hear Minhyuk's voice fade into the distance as he walks back to the kitchen, "don't tell me you and that girl last night did it in the bathroom..."

"Ugh..." Byunghun's muffled groan makes me smirk in triumph, "this is so embarrassing..."

I peek into the rubbish bin previously mentioned, and nearly gasp aloud as a used displays itself. Oh my goodness I want to burn my own eyes out.

"Byunghun you're disgusting," I hear Minhyuk laugh at him, as Byunghun continues to groan somewhere far from the bathroom.

 

I try to regain my footing on the tiles while the siblings bicker and tease in the kitchen, walking towards the vanity mirror. Minhyuk's right, I peer at the dark circles under my eyes and the pimples breaking out on my forehead, I do look horrible...

 

"Shut up! At least I get laid!" Byunghun's words slap me across the face, "unlike someone, who can't even talk to me normally, let alone have a boyfriend!"

"Be quiet!" I hear Minhyuk hiss at him, muffling his cries of protest with what is presumably his own hand.

Although Byunghun still pisses me off and disgusts me to even breath the same air as him, I mumble a quiet 'thankyou' under my breath as he brings me back to reality with his insensitive words. It's time to move on, Hei, I tell myself, you've ruined Minhyuk's shirt already, isn't that more than enough for your useless sense of self pity and grief?

I turn the tap on in determination, splashing cold water onto my cheeks and patting at my swollen eyes, I need to stop this pathetic behaviour. I need to grow up, and grow stronger.

 

 

After much battling with the raw ingredients in the kitchen and various dangerous scenes involving the stove and cutlery, the three of us finally decide to order pizza and sushi to fill our stomachs at 3pm in the afternoon.

 

"When is the delivery coming?!" Byunghun whines impatiently, "we rang them like 2 hours ago!"

"Hyung, it's only been 5 minutes since you placed the order - they need time to get her

Please log in to read the full chapter