Lost Friendship

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

I haven't been to the Lee's place ever since the first visit.

How could I? When I had so obviously hurt Hyunsik so obliviously?

Yesterday was Saturday, and just the thought of dragging myself off of the bed and biking to meet the demon princes was so unbearable, that I faked a sickness and rang Mr Lee with a faked hoarse voice.

Hyunsik.

I still miss him.

But there's no way I can go back to being his trusted friend anymore.

»«

It's been two weeks since he declared his distaste towards me - yet I still find myself looking for him in the school corridors.

Among the bobbing heads of the students rushing to class, I always manage to spot his broad back from far away; footsteps a little heavy and shoulders slumped tiredly.

Maybe...he misses me too. That was what I thought at the time.

Until she came along.

 

I don't know her name, but she was definitely one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. Her long, wavy hair tickled her waist whenever she moved; her slender fingers would brush over Hyunsik's shoulder whenever she saw him among the students; and her soft, twinkling eyes would light up whenever she smiled. 

She was perfect, and she obviously liked Hyunsik more than a casual classmate.

 

So it was really no surprise when Hyunsik eventually started smiling back at her.

By now, the pain in my heart has subdued with the acceptance of this lost friendship, and I even found myself smiling sadly at the compatible couple still in the awkward stage of courtship. He deserves someone like this, is what I thought when she wrapped an arm loosely around his shoulders.

»«

Moving on with life in a blur, it almost startled me when I heard the phone ring in my pocket during recess this morning.

Mr Lee wants me to get on with my job, I thought to myself, before picking up the phone with a cautious "Hello?"

"Hei-ssi do you have any idea how much the boys have missed you?!" the middle-aged man sugar coats his words for me as soon as the line connects, "Minhyuk's been sulking all week and Byunghun hasn't eaten breakfast for ages because you're not here!"

What are they, six years old? I closed my eyes, attempting to calm

Please log in to read the full chapter