Mission: Heart Break

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

An understanding smile pulls at the corners of his mouth as he fights to keep his cool demeanor, "And what if I do have two sons by those respective names?"

 

My mind blanks under his intense gaze as he scrutinizes my expression - a sequence of surprise, fear, and suspicion take turns in rearranging my facial features as I slowly register what he has just implied. "So...is that why I am standing in one of the biggest business corporations in Seoul?" I frown, failing to understand his intentions, "because of two boys whom I have no favorable association with? And because of them my father may become unemployed?!" my voice raises a little in my frustration: "Sir, I think you have the wrong girl - they have a string of lovers and many ladies whom they could call 'acquaintances', but I can assure you that I am not among that group."

"Oh, no! Not for one second did I think you belonged in that group!" he chuckles nervously, eyeing my heated reaction, "I am well aware of the endless line of ladies waiting to get into the beds of my two precious heirs. But do not fret, my dear, for I am well-informed of your relationship with the two Lee brothers."

 

I frown, "There is no relationship between us."

"Do not attempt to lie," he grins patriotically, "you're not very good at it."

"What are you suggesting then?" I inquire stiffly, "should I let one of your sons play with me, and then discard me like trash once they've had enough of me?!"

"No no! Physical relationships are by far one of the weakest forms of communication on the basis of no emotional bond beforehand. Although they've had fun playing around all these years, I think, at least from what Byunghun said to me, that they are becoming serious about understanding love now."

"Did he tell you that personally?" I raise an eyebrow in disbelief - we're talking about the man who forcibly kissed me 2 days ago after all.

"Yes, he did actually," he stands and makes his way towards me, "although I think he has yet to understand the meaning of what he said, his exact words were: I think I'm in love."

 

My eyes widen in sudden understanding, "You couldn't mean...me?!"

"Intelligent girl," he chuckles, "if it weren't for my sons, I'd love for you to be my personal assistant! The current one is too slow for analytical purposes."

I steel myself, guessing what was to come, Nothing could be worse than an arranged marriage or some sort of 'teach him how to love' mission that involves becoming his girlfriend... I think glumly to myself, but I wouldn't be able to refuse him due to my dad's job being at stake...

 

"What I want," he takes a step closer to me, and pins me into place with his intimidating eyes, "is for you to become their best friend, make them fall in love with you, and then break their hearts without a trace of merc

Please log in to read the full chapter