You're Attractive

Talk to Me, Sweetheart!
Please log in to read the full chapter

The first time I met him was when he had walked into class late, my fingers tap rapidly, eager to get the pathetic love story off of my chest. He's two years older than me - but because of small numbers taking that one class, the teachers decided to combine the year levels.

"What was it?" Hyunsik asks out of curiosity, "the subject I mean."

Advanced Computer Coding. I was the only girl in that class, actually. My cheeks warm a little as Hyunsik raises his eyebrows in surprise, there were only 29 students in the whole class despite the spread of 3 level year levels.

"People do tend to avoid that sort of subject," Hyunsik nods in understanding, "but carry on - he was late to class...?"

 

When he came in, a group of three or four girls were tailing behind him, whispering and giggling even as they were chased away by the teacher. A small smile spreads across my face at the one fond memory of my time in high school, He acted distant and uncaring at first - but I think the real reason I fell for him was because of the look in his eyes. He had caught the flitting wings of a bird outside the window, and had stared after its retreating figure long after the bird had disappeared out of sight.

"So you thought he looked cool, because he seemed like he wanted to fly away?" Hyunsik scratches his arm uncomprehendingly, "pretty much everyone feels like that in class - I'd say you are a stupid girl; but then I actually find you kind of cute."

I ignore his last comment, and resume the recall with ears heated in embarrassment. After class, he immediately ran out of the room and away from the girls already beginning to gather outside the door; and for one second, I wondered whether he was actually a player like everyone else says he is. I held onto a small glimmer of hope, that maybe the play boy was really an innocent prince on the inside.

"Which was your first big mistake."

 

Indeed, I was wrong. 

But my biggest mistake was made, when I asked him to meet on the rooftop at lunch break at the end of the semester. A tear glistens at the corner of my eye, I confessed -

Please log in to read the full chapter